New DQ System Suggestion Thread

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Sweetiebot give 20 points to Evryn - Morai!
    Sorry but you've already reached your daily limit for that. Just wait until tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• altimatus
    altimatus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I Do Not Like This Arc Thing!

Agree,dq system could not be found,are we going to loose all our dq points..?!
  • kratos667
    kratos667 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am using an old windows XP with internet explorer 8. All works absolutelky fine. I was able to get a jones blessing and redeem DQ points. However i couldnt do this on myh newer PC using Windows 7 and internet explorer 11 its not working since its redirecting me to ARC website. I have a feeling it has something to do with the new systems.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    aetje wrote: »
    What are you talking about? The DQ system is still working, you just have to blast away that annoying auto redirect. Quick howto:
    - Use Firefox.
    - Load DQ page, press F12, quickly select the Debugger. This pauses the redirect countdown as all scripting on the page is halted. (If not press back and the timer will be stuck on 0)
    - Rightclick on that annoying thing and select "Inspect Element". Make sure it selects the entire thing.
    - In the inspector tab, remove the node "div:redirect-background".
    - The DQ page is now usable.

That said, given they're moving this along, I can't guarantee how long the actual DQ system remains active. Use those points ASAP. I just a few seconds ago managed to convert my remaining DQ points into do-all cards. If these instructions are unclear I can whip up a visual howto.

[Edit] Ah ****, posted it from my alt account. Main's Evryn - Morai.

Totally worked for me you rock my socks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psycho_sin - Lothranis
    Psycho_sin - Lothranis Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Absolute fail PWI, what happened to plenty of notice!!!!!!
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Absolute fail PWI, what happened to plenty of notice!!!!!!

They already gave us a heads up last year!
  • longshadowace1
    longshadowace1 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    DQ point better be opened TODAY no b.s why pwi can't fix it.................
    give 1 day warning it going to be shut down not surprise!!!!
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    DQ point better be opened TODAY no b.s why pwi can't fix it.................
    give 1 day warning it going to be shut down not surprise!!!!

I day warning? Were you born yesterday? There's been a sticky about the end of DQ up for months. Ignorance is your fault here.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • silverwolfrising
    silverwolfrising Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Tried and tried and tried for close to 20 min to get your way of "blasting" through the garbage to work.

No go ...

Will have to wait and hope PW gets this part of the system transferred over and I won't lose all that hard work.

But thank you for trying to help
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    Tried and tried and tried for close to 20 min to get your way of "blasting" through the garbage to work.

No go ...

Will have to wait and hope PW gets this part of the system transferred over and I won't lose all that hard work.

But thank you for trying to help

Why would you continue working hard when you knew three months ago it could disappear at any moment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodwold2391
    bloodwold2391 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i just wanna be able to get charms with dq points still some of us cant afford plat and gold charms and rely on those free charms fomr the demon sage event cards as a barb its impossible to run something like fsp or do pvp without a charm unless your like r9 third cast which i am not
  • Psycho_sin - Lothranis
    Psycho_sin - Lothranis Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They already gave us a heads up last year!

yeah we had the heads up back before christmas i know, but for one day for it to be working fine and the next for it not to be is a bit harsh dont u think

I've downloaded AdBlocker Plus and the old site works fine now for the time being have to use that "global
    " thats flying around the forums tho, im up to date with my DQ points now tho
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    i just wanna be able to get charms with dq points still some of us cant afford plat and gold charms and rely on those free charms fomr the demon sage event cards as a barb its impossible to run something like fsp or do pvp without a charm unless your like r9 third cast which i am not

At the moment it's possible to get a cheap silver charm each day from the blessing envoy. It's free if you're willing to fly to every location in the world quest style quest, but you may want to speed it along by using teleport. The charm have a 24 hour timer but since it's repeatable each day, that's not really much of an issue.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    At the moment it's possible to get a cheap silver charm each day from the blessing envoy. It's free if you're willing to fly to every location in the world quest style quest, but you may want to speed it along by using teleport. The charm have a 24 hour timer but since it's repeatable each day, that's not really much of an issue.

Mhm.

And if you combine it with teleport stones from Twilight Survivor, it becomes completely free while still not taking much time to do.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited February 2014

must really suck to nerf yourself with such self imposed limitations. But do us all a favor and keep other people out of it. I know a lot of barbs that do fine in FSP and even pvp with out a freaking charm. They use free pots or pots they made themselves.

• Haaron - Dreamweaver
    Haaron - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ok. i understand that they are remaking the whole DQ thing and i can understand that that portion of the site is down and why it is down for that but i have to ask.... how long till its up?

if no one knows then that was a bad idea for them to take it down without them even having an idea of how long till the new one is up. or having the new one ready to go up almost right away. its not very efficient to do it in where a portion of their site is down for a bit and also upsets the client base.
  • MasterofIce - Dreamweaver
    MasterofIce - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And where is that Blessing Envoy? I cant find him...
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited February 2014
    And where is that Blessing Envoy? I cant find him...

Meet your new best friend, the pwdatabase.http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/npc/39165

this site isn't affiliated with PWI, but it has a lot of information about all the different things in PWI.

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Blessing Envoy seems to only be present during a portion of the day. I've only seen him in the evening, though the only other time I've checked was early morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited February 2014
    Blessing Envoy seems to only be present during a portion of the day. I've only seen him in the evening, though the only other time I've checked was early morning.

Oh yes, forgot to add that. He spawns around 4pm server time from what I've heard. The charms last 24 hours.

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    He shows up from 4 PM server time to midnight server time. When dailies reset, he leaves to go home and get some sleep.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I understand everyone not wanting to lose the dq shop, i dont either but with the bot system now it really isnt THAT big of a deal. Yes the event cards are nice, you get event gold AND get to keep the coins you get for NPCing the dq drops. However, if there was no dq shop you still have a fairly easy way to get coins to BUY charms with. So its not like you will never have a charm again, its more like you will have to sell dqs and use the coins to buy them. If you cant "afford" it, your doing something wrong ; )
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    The change to the DQ system I'd like to see is DQ point system replace the event gold in the boutique. Then merge the items offered from the DQ redemption page to the event gold items in the new system. Nothing is lost this way and the system becomes easier and more efficient. Having event gold tickets from DQ and event gold items in the boutique seems kind of redundant to me. That way we wouldn't have to leave the game to redeem the DQ and we could have the items sent directly to the inventory instead of having to go to a mailbox. We wouldn't have to wait for 99+ feather tickets or whatever those things are to be converted into the item that we ordered. Also I'd like to see them add guardian scrolls to the DQ boutique too. Just a thought.

• bethlahemstarr
    bethlahemstarr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How about just letting us get to the pwi site without that arc **** blocking us... I can't even access my DQ points anymore since that **** won't let me go anywhere on PWI

arc is the worst thing to ever happen to this game... it's made it more confusing and irritating than it's worth imho
  • SerptaJane - Harshlands
    SerptaJane - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I day warning? Were you born yesterday? There's been a sticky about the end of DQ up for months. Ignorance is your fault here.

Have you not read all the first message including updates. It says that they will be giving warning when they are finally going to shut it down and they didn't do it. It worked one day then it was gone the next with the Arc launch without them even warning us they were doing it.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Have you not read all the first message including updates. It says that they will be giving warning when they are finally going to shut it down and they didn't do it. It worked one day then it was gone the next with the Arc launch without them even warning us they were doing it.

So what? There is a work around for some to redeem points. It's not gone yet but fact remains is that an official notice regarding the DQ system ending has been out for a long time now. It should have been no surprise. It wasn't for me. If people want to be complacent in light of a sticky that has been up for months that's their own problem.

• Cursing - Sanctuary
    Cursing - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would like to say that I am sorry you are having a problem. I hope someone who works for PWI will do something to improve your experience in the game and offer you some alternative for the DQ points that you were unable to utilize regardless of warnings and notices and whatever else may be found up the buts of the game designers, GMs et all.b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    I would like to say that I am sorry you are having a problem. I hope someone who works for PWI will do something to improve your experience in the game and offer you some alternative for the DQ points that you were unable to utilize regardless of warnings and notices and whatever else may be found up the buts of the game designers, GMs et all.b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb

There is a reason that a thread for suggestions for a new DQ system exists. Suggest something.

• StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    f:leer

So uhm. DQ points haven't updated since the 16th? *cough*

Fix.

Ty, <3
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    and whats with the fox smilies not working? You guys look so professional and organized. Promising us things that work to replace things that don't work- breaking everything along the way. lol!
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]