Forum Mod given items for in game

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,796 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    well kinda about time I think, Some of the hours the Mods put into the forums and some of the things they have to sort and do.

You Remember...

All the Forums Spam that the mods cleaned up...
    All the support they have offered...

and much more.

Tho they should have said to us all or given us a vote ( Which would have been majority to YES! ) Lessons learnt for the future!

We support this game because we enjoy playing it and to see PWE take note of the work thats done is important!
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    So apparently this cape is making me invincible in PvE compared to using another -int cape.

So apparently you aren't able to grasp why people are actually mad. They aren't upset because you've got a massive advantage over everyone else, they're upset because you received an unobtainable item and, even though it was compensation for your position as a mod, it was done behind everyone's backs.

git dunkd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    People are unhappy cause it got hidden from us and/or cause it's a great unobtainable item for the rest of the players.

You can still get one if you apply as mod (and get accepted)b:chuckle, but this is not going to happen ever ever again (even if it's for a good reason) because of the huge amount of negative feedback on this post.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You can still get one if you apply as mod (and get accepted)b:chuckle, but this is not going to happen ever ever again (even if it's for a good reason) because of the huge amount of negative feedback on this post.

Never wanted to be mod here. I'm administrator of my faction forum and it's enough for me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Last there was a screenshot of a 100/100 genie on harshlands, but i certainly don't remember any sort of competition to give a perfect genie out.

This genie was legit. Not given out via a contest or GM spawned. The person that has it bought it when it was 80/80 off of my current guild leader for 20m at the time (we're talking like four years ago now). He then got extremely lucky and rolled 100/100. He doesn't even play anymore though so it's not like that genie's even being used.

Two of the Crowns on the server and certain cards from the Portal set were GM spawned though. These are the only things.

Anyway, as I said, I don't have a problem with the mods getting these. I do agree the GMs should have probably made a thread to explain this and not try to sweep it under the rug so to speak, but I don't have a problem with the cape itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So apparently this cape is making me invincible in PvE compared to using another -int cape.

I do hope a forum mod is capable of knowing the difference between "advantage" and "invincible".

Along with it's not possible to get any -int cape for anyone who hasn't gotten one before New Horizons. Those people need TM Lunar (close to un-doable unless you have OP help) or cashshopping with huge luck
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited March 2014

You could have just chosen something everyone else can get and then no one would be none the wiser. I don't care that you got rewarded. I don't care that it's something i can't get.

The biggest issue here is surely the amount of QQ you caused by requesting an unobtainable item, acting like nothing happened, and then acting like you did nothing wrong xD

Your actions resulted in this QQ thread. Just imagine if you got something that really was game breaking lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    or cashshopping with huge luck

Lunar Wing Trophy is like 40-55m. Hardly a lot of CSing or luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The point in all this is a player got an unobtainable item from a GM for moderate a forum, now what next a GM given Warsoul Weapon with 115 atk+. I guess all here we want a real answer from a GM.

Thanks for your time.
    edited March 2014
    The point in all this is a player got an unobtainable item from a GM for moderate a forum, now what next a GM given Warsoul Weapon with 115 atk+. I guess all here we want a real answer from a GM.

Thanks for your time.

You won't get one before at least tomorrow, GM have weekends too.

+ We all know by heart how GM reply to that kind of thing:

''We are sorry of the current situation, we understand the players frustration, it should have not happen this way, it won't happen again.

Happy playing.

GM''

^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    seriously ppl ****. Why are you being such ***** to our beloved MODs? TBH, it is none of your freaking business. if it offends your lil brains then just quit. No ones gonna miss ya (: all.

Even if that cape was so OOOPPPPP. Still they would deserve it. Ultimately you are forcing the MODs and the GMs to take the robes away from them thus making them lose the only upside that ever came from being a mod and working their arses off.

As I said before, you ppl, unfortunatly the majority of our community, are the cause of all problems this game has. This is just another example. Your reasoning always sounds like: "....because!" thus making it obvious that you are just wanna point out that this is soooo not right and was behind our backs...know what? they knew you guys would react the way you do now. Seriously, as sparkiesoft, I would just ban all of you spoiled troublemaking brats. Cant you just for once in your pathetic lifes accept a thing without raging it to death? Thank you.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    seriously ppl ****. Why are you being such ***** to our beloved MODs? TBH, it is none of your freaking business. if it offends your lil brains then just quit. No ones gonna miss ya (: all.

Even if that cape was so OOOPPPPP. Still they would deserve it. Ultimately you are forcing the MODs and the GMs to take the robes away from them thus making them lose the only upside that ever came from being a mod and working their arses off.

As I said before, you ppl, unfortunatly the majority of our community, are the cause of all problems this game has. This is just another example. Your reasoning always sounds like: "....because!" thus making it obvious that you are just wanna point out that this is soooo not right and was behind our backs...know what? they knew you guys would react the way you do now. Seriously, as sparkiesoft, I would just ban all of you spoiled troublemaking brats. Cant you just for once in your pathetic lifes accept a thing without raging it to death? Thank you.

I lost it at beloved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited March 2014
    Seriously, as sparkiesoft, I would just ban all of you spoiled troublemaking brats.

If they want a dead forum go ahead. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If they want a dead forum go ahead. b:pleased

Good thing you at least silently agreed with the rest (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
    edited March 2014
    Good thing you at least silently agreed with the rest (:

I don't, but I don't need to repeat myself to show it. Just go read my previous posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Well... Where do I start with this?

First, thanks for everyone that isn't taking this in a completely wrong way (and aren't flat-out raging at us), we appreciate it.

Second, I think that the majority are taking this completely out of proportion. We moderators didn't come into this volunteer position wanting to get free items or anything, we came into this because of the past work/help that we've done on the forums, and wanted to be able to help more (and I think we've done a pretty good job of it).

That being said, I'll say that yes maybe it was handled in a wrong way by us, but at the same time take a very good look at yourselves, and at this thread.

Pick this apart anyway you want, we'll just continue doing what we do here on the forums.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pfff im only unhappy bout not getting my orbs. Mods glad you got a gift for your work. Wish others who also contribute alot to the community also got a gift tho. GMs need to learn to be more fair to people in this game. Especially to the good players that don't abuse the ToS, cause seriously seems as though GMs punish the good players for being good and reward the bad players for being bad *cough* orbs *cough* goonz glitch. And yeah never letting the orb story go, even though i know it wont achieve anything
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014

You don't get it do you?
    unobtainable endgame item for being a glorified janitor + gms insulting every ones intelligence by asking you guys to be discreet about having said unobtainable end game item (because no ones going to notice that right?) + GMs having a history of favoritism and incompetence (0-3 day ban for goon glitching, full S card set for an archer, d-orb fiasco, send yourself any item dq-point, etc etc)

I bet fuzzy woulda stayed if he could get an endgame cape
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Grats mods b:victory

As for the unhappy people, how would GMs telling you about this compensation change anything?
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
    edited March 2014
    Grats mods b:victory

As for the unhappy people, how would GMs telling you about this compensation change anything?

Yes it would have. (for some people)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was laughing the minute i started reading this thread...while i agree its bs that many mods have said they dont get anything for compensation i KNEW they had to get something....and they deserve it if you ask me. They spend their time working on TRYING to keep the forums under control they deserve something. TY for your time helping take care of the forums Skai.....your service deserves payment so grats on the awesome robe. b:victory

And i must say...shame on ANY that wanna QQ or rage that it isnt fair.....mods put time into the forums taking care of issues and responding to our messages and relaying messages to GMs for us they for hell sure deserve something for it. If youre gonna cry about it do it in game in pms to people that care....ijs b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dont really care about mod getting a super cape for their job.

I mean at least they deserve a gift for their work, whatever people like it or not how they do it.

And after seeing regular players getting hundreds of orbs and runing away with it like nothing...

a gift from a gm to a mod, who cares?

but I can not deny that was a bit stupid desicion to give them something unobtainable, and then assume that no one would notice.

But anyway, Grats for your cape Mods, Im one of those that actually think you deserve the gift. b:victory
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Well... Where do I start with this?

First, thanks for everyone that isn't taking this in a completely wrong way (and aren't flat-out raging at us), we appreciate it.

Second, I think that the majority are taking this completely out of proportion. We moderators didn't come into this volunteer position wanting to get free items or anything, we came into this because of the past work/help that we've done on the forums, and wanted to be able to help more (and I think we've done a pretty good job of it).

That being said, I'll say that yes maybe it was handled in a wrong way by us, but at the same time take a very good look at yourselves, and at this thread.

Pick this apart anyway you want, we'll just continue doing what we do here on the forums.

I think if you look at where the outrage is generally, it's not really put on you, the mods, it's put on the gift type, and the way in which it was given.
    Most people, even the angry ones, agree that gifting for a good job isn't a bad thing. And I don't think anyone really thought that any mod took the position for possible fringe benefits; the abuse isn't worth any reward. I wouldn't do it even if they offered me full r999 +12.
    There isn't a 'wrong way' to view this issue, it's a personal opinion after looking at the 'evidence'. If the response is a negative one or a positive one or even a neutral one, that's up to the responder.

That being said, I don't think asking the community to take a look at itself is a very constructive response, as if the general consensus on the issue (which is over-all negative) is somehow inherently wrong. Though I do understand the angle at which you're coming from, and if I was in your place my natural response would be defensive as well.
  • Shinoame - Lost City
    Shinoame - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    While I have mixed opinions about this , as I see why the item in question is unfair and why people got mad for the part where they were told to keep quiet about it,most of you seem to forget that the MODS are people aswell.Most of you act like you were stabbed in the back and I seriously don't see a point for the hate and rage. I'm pretty sure If most of you were given the offer, you would just do the same thing. So stop raging about it and go and have some fun b:bye
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I think if you look at where the outrage is generally, it's not really put on you, the mods, it's put on the gift type, and the way in which it was given.
    Most people, even the angry ones, agree that gifting for a good job isn't a bad thing.

I see where the outrage is coming from, it's just that (and I know, flack incoming) I don't feel like its as much of a deal as people here are taking it. (then again, I don't pvp or any of that stuff, so maybe it's just how I play that doesn't make it as serious for me)

And I don't think anyone really thought that any mod took the position for possible fringe benefits; the abuse isn't worth any reward. I wouldn't do it even if they offered me full r999 +12.
    There isn't a 'wrong way' to view this issue, it's a personal opinion after looking at the 'evidence'. If the response is a negative one or a positive one or even a neutral one, that's up to the responder.

Agreed, because people here are making some valid points.

That being said, I don't think asking the community to take a look at itself is a very constructive response, as if the general consensus on the issue (which is over-all negative) is somehow inherently wrong. Though I do understand the angle at which you're coming from, and if I was in your place my natural response would be defensive as well.

Read below, and at least you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

I don't mean for my comment of "take a look at yourselves" to be negative, it's mostly looking at the thread in its entirety.
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Unobtainable" This word sums up why people are upset.
    Normals players do not have access to this item hence this is unfair to the rest of the community. It does not help matters that the item can be used in combat.

PWI should consider adding the item to the game now that mods who are suppose to be normal players have an exclusive combat related item.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm a little peeved that it's something the other players can not obtain but I don't think it is a big deal at all. I wish they would add it to the rewards for the new Abba/SoT instances. For like 50 crushed emblems or something.

It is the only robe with both channeling and int :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Adding it as a reward from a bunch of crushed emblems would be a good way to make more people want to run weeklies too. I like the idea.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Im just gonna reiterate what i said a min ago.....who cares....like really its an awesome cape...and sure its not cool normal players cant get it...but i mean Mods deserve SOMETHING for their time. Honestly im shocked this thread is allowed to continue. To me it just seems like a QQ thread complaining about unfair treatment...if people really have a problem with it oh well its not like QQing on the forums is going to change ANYTHING. It rarely does. I am grateful to skai and ANY mod that does the job they volunteer to do and ANY reward or comp they get for doing so is completely justified....cuz tbh ik their job isnt easy. So thank you all again all you mods...even if im one of the people sometimes giving u a hard time xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    They could have get the panderick night, it's rare, but not unobtainable + it's pretty. =3

I do agree that they deserve gifts, but I'm more for things that could be rare, but not for non-existant items, as people said it could be rare fash (from packs or event), mount, pets, flyers. It's not totally exclusive items, but some of those are rare or hard to get or crazy expensive. (Fash in pack often go at 50m+, flyers 150m+ etc...)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.