Forum Mod given items for in game

Comments

• Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lastly, I think it's especially disheartening for players that the item cannot be obtained under normal circumstances. It's also worth mentioning that the GMs expect this "secret" to be keepable while providing the mods (clear pattern) with an item that simply cannot be acquired within the game. It seems to suggest that perhaps the GMs aren't very knowledgeable about the game. I'm not gonna be like "omg GMs don't even play our game!!" No wtf this is a job for them, that's fine as long as they understand the basics. But when we have evidence they're giving out gifts and they're ignorant enough of the game that they opt to give away items LIKE THIS? That's definitely not helping. You have to ask what other unobtainable OP item might they accidently give out as a gift. It'd be one thing if mods got unique fashion, unique mounts or unique pets, it's another when they receive a unique end-game cape that cannot be acquired another way.

my issue is not that mods might get small tokens for their work, but the fact that this item is unobtainable for players. this robe was on my wish list for ages, and i was always qqing about it and hoping (bank is full of gold tm medals) that they will reintroduce tm FC, but instead they even removed more tm; tm69 and tm79. the cape is not the best thing in game anymore, but certainly the best -int cape and still a great piece of gear!

giving away an item that is not obtainable by any means and hoping it will stay a secret. that is truly a testament to the lack of knowledge about the game iteself. one cannot imagine how shockingly surprised i was about the competence displayed here. *sarcasm-o-meter expodes*
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    .... then give Asterelle the rank 9 set from China so he can have ......

WTH?????? Asterelle's a "HE"......b:shocked

I do agree btw....
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As a player for many, many years. I can honestly say that this is ridiculous. Forum moderators are an important role in the community, sure, however the fact that they are being "gifted" items by the head GM of PWI kind of appalls me. The item that was given was unobtainable in-game, and therefore can be listed as an unfair advantage over the normal players in game. Forum moderators can act as professional as they want, in the end they're unpaid PLAYER moderators who have volunteered for their position. Myself being a forum moderator on many forums in the past, the work isn't that hard. Sorry to break it to you. The fact they were told to not flaunt it is even more funny because thats PWI's management's attempt to cover themselves up in the publics eye.

The gear is not game-breaking per say, however it is an unfair advantage no matter how small the "gift" was. I would have been alright with Zen perhaps, but an unobtainable item in my opinion is ridiculous when there are players who work their butts off on the daily to get the "best armor" just to be trumped by a few members of the community who delete spam posts on forums. b:bye

Also, regardless of how much complaining that the community does. The fact still stands that this armor is in fact out there in the system, and although it may not change things entirely in game, it leaves the possibility that in the future more "exclusive" items may be given out. The ones whom have received this armor may not have intentionally, however the fact still stands that PWI isn't doing the right thing in this situation.

Giving unobtainable items in game as compensation for a 'slow time' in development doesn't quite add up to me. Alas, its the PWI staffs fault here. Not the Mods. Perhaps a change in description of forum moderators should be in effect, due to the fact they are in ways compensating them. As someone said earlier; "once moderators are receiving unobtainable items, they're no longer 'normal' players in game".
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my issue is not that mods might get small tokens for their work, but the fact that this item is unobtainable for players. this robe was on my wish list for ages, and i was always qqing about it and hoping (bank is full of gold tm medals) that they will reintroduce tm FC, but instead they even removed more tm; tm69 and tm79. the cape is not the best thing in game anymore, but certainly the best -int cape and still a great piece of gear!

giving away an item that is not obtainable by any means and hoping it will stay a secret. that is truly a testament to the lack of knowledge about the game iteself. one cannot imagine how shockingly surprised i was about the competence displayed here. *sarcasm-o-meter expodes*

Well if we was making a list of all the capes, that one would be almost for sure in the top 5.
    As a player for many, many years. I can honestly say that this is ridiculous. Forum moderators are an important role in the community, sure, however the fact that they are being "gifted" items by the head GM of PWI kind of appalls me. The item that was given was unobtainable in-game, and therefore can be listed as an unfair advantage over the normal players in game. Forum moderators can act as professional as they want, in the end they're unpaid PLAYER moderators who have volunteered for their position. Myself being a forum moderator on many forums in the past, the work isn't that hard. Sorry to break it to you. The fact they were told to not flaunt it is even more funny because thats PWI's management's attempt to cover themselves up in the publics eye.

The gear is not game-breaking per say, however it is an unfair advantage no matter how small the "gift" was. I would have been alright with Zen perhaps, but an unobtainable item in my opinion is ridiculous when there are players who work their butts off on the daily to get the "best armor" just to be trumped by a few members of the community who delete spam posts on forums. b:bye

A lot of players are way much more active than some mods and yet we don't have a free nice cape.

There's mods that are not that much active on the forum and get that while some people are active EVERYDAY on the forum helping with advices (and a lot of other stuff) and get nothing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another idea is that there are a lot of items that give you titles that are otherwise unused.
    These titles can be easily localized to say anything and be in any color.

Some examples:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29756
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29757
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29758
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/31017
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another idea is that there are a lot of items that give you titles that are otherwise unused.
    These titles can be easily localized to say anything and be in any color.

Some examples:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29756
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29757
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29758
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/31017

Agree 100%. There are alternatives to rewards instead of giving away in-game items. Special titles is one of them. Why isn't Asterelle a mod again? She's been helping the community for years and I know many of my faction members use her stuff. Compared to the mods with their witty replies....man don't wanna start lol.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why isn't Asterelle a mod again? She's been helping the community for years and I know many of my faction members use her stuff. Compared to the mods with their witty replies....man don't wanna start lol.
    Making tools and guides is NOT the job of mods. Mods are there to make witty replies and to babysit misbehaving children while 'working' for PWE for free. That's not something that's fun or interesting. Maybe making sweetiebot a mod would be cool.

Even though my name is being brought up there are members who contribute a lot without being quite as visible. SylenThunder for example spends a lot more effort being helpful but does so mostly in the Tech Support and Beginner sections.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When you accepted this "gift" did you do it for the benefit of the community or the sole benefit of yourself?

Seriously this is a major unethical mind-blowing actions from people of "authority". You guys tell players to follow rules, yet in between the lines you guys break them yourself. What a corrupted government. ./rant

This person made me laugh more than any other reply in this thread; seriously, this isn't the church of holy pangu!

Ethics? Government? Working for the greater good?
    You do know this is a video game, right?

Oh, and all the others crying about trust, belief, and the shocking of the community by the atrocity of this act, we aren't having soap opera rehearsals, kids.

While I do agree this act was really shady being made in the silent and I do agree they could have went a much different way, mostly with all the great suggestions people have made here for an alternative gift, some are grossly exaggerating and blowing things out of proportion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    that lvl 1 rainbow colored weapon - gift
    It is very useful and usable gift even for endgame geared char b:scorn I use it to restore chi in few seconds in crowd of mobs. It saves genie energy and a lot of time.
    This is stupid. I cannot believe mods are favoured because of voluntary duty. I have NEVER in my life of gaming heard that a moderator of forums get free stuff because they contribute to the community. The mods should benefit already from having the title itself, not actual in-game rewards.
    You sound like it's GM cape :)) I also believe they got it +0 and clean. Half of bonuses are good for casters, half for rest of classes, it's only 14 grade...
    I understand it's a matter of principle, but not yet the end of the world.

And I want to repeat my question: how did ppl from Harshland find out that nuema portal set was given to a player by GM? I really wonder how one can be so sure in this unless he is provided with ss b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
    edited March 2014
    It is very useful and usable gift even for endgame geared char b:scorn I use it to restore chi in few seconds in crowd of mobs. It saves genie energy and a lot of time.

You sound like it's GM cape :)) I also believe they got it +0 and clean. Half of bonuses are good for casters, half for rest of classes, it's only 14 grade...
    I understand it's a matter of principle, but not yet the end of the world.

And I want to repeat my question: how did ppl from Harshland find out that nuema portal set was given to a player by GM? I really wonder how one can be so sure in this unless he is provided with ss b:chuckle

I would be against the forum's rules to tell you how we know. :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm honestly fine with giving this cape to the mods, tbh. It's not like it's a Wings of Ascension+Crown of Madness set or OP cards and something like event gold or a mount just would not be enough thank you.

Besides, they deal with us on a daily basis. About time they got something for putting up with our ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm honestly fine with giving this cape to the mods, tbh. It's not like it's a Wings of Ascension+Crown of Madness set or OP cards and something like event gold or a mount just would not be enough thank you.

Besides, they deal with us on a daily basis. About time they got something for putting up with our ****.

Where's my stuff for putting up with theirs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cool cape, but this is nothing compared to the full nuema portal set a player was given on harshlands a week after the update. On a scale of 1-10 for op'ness that cape would rank a 1 while the nuema portal set ranks a 10 easily.

I agree mods should get some compensation and don't have a problem with this. I do have a problem with GM's giving a normal player the most op card set right after it comes out. I may not play on Harshlands but I still think this is major BS! The integrity of the game has been tarnished and more Harshland players should speak up!
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm ok with Mods getting that cape, its really nice but not game breaking and besides it's only grade 14. So no op refine boost or anything either
    edited March 2014
    The integrity of the game has been tarnished and more Harshland players should speak up!

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????

Everytime someone on HL open a thread it get close by the dear mods, even if we wanted to speak up the mods would close/delete it cause they don't believe that GMs are corrupted and try to send a ticket to a GM saying ''you are corrupted'' by the time the GM see your ticket you gonna be permanent on all the accounts you own.

I have a friend that sent a ticket to complain about how an other GM did treat him really poorly in a ticket and he ended banned for making a complain about the GM to an other GM.

So go ahead dear, speak up for us cause we can't, the mods doesn't let us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cool cape, but this is nothing compared to the full nuema portal set a player was given on harshlands a week after the update. On a scale of 1-10 for op'ness that cape would rank a 1 while the nuema portal set ranks a 10 easily.

I agree mods should get some compensation and don't have a problem with this. I do have a problem with GM's giving a normal player the most op card set right after it comes out. I may not play on Harshlands but I still think this is major BS! The integrity of the game has been tarnished and more Harshland players should speak up!

I'd totaly give it a 3 for op-ness its one of the best capes out there granted g14 but given the choices available of g16NV, matchless/ascension, or LunarTM robes its not that bad of an item to get for being a janitor.

Some tried and were banned for it, we cant do much but kindly ***** about it in these kinds of threads. It really is bull that we all have to deal that broken advantage and i for one would take it away from him given the opportunity but like i said before, I'm just a customer, what do i know?
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But even so, robe doesnt have crafter name o.o means made by GM
    Actually, not having a crafter name on all items is easily done by everyone.

1. You need any 5 signature inks.
    2. Go to seamstress and do the item signature tab.
    3. you simply type : [spacebar] and then [backspace]
    4. preview
    5. confirm. done

I have done this on some of my old toon's gear already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have NEVER in my life of gaming heard that a moderator of forums get free stuff because they contribute to the community.

I contribute to the community by being the most lovable personality ever. b:cute

Unique cape plzzzzz
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm fine with mods getting some sort of ingame recognition, or to be honest even straight compensation. I've been volunteer staff of various positions on a few other games, and I know what kind of hell it can be.

That said, compensating with a cape that is better than any -interval cape obtainable by normal players... that I don't agree with. Compensate with r9? Honestly it'd be better. Other players at least have the chance to get it as well.

If you're going to give the mods something that's otherwise unobtainable, make it cosmetic. Titles, flyers, mounts, pets, hell even a lv1 weapon. A cape that beats all other -int capes? No.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do have a problem with GM's giving a normal player the most op card set right after it comes out. I may not play on Harshlands but I still think this is major BS! The integrity of the game has been tarnished and more Harshland players should speak up!

Wow really O___O never heard of that actually
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow really O___O never heard of that actually

Yes because evry time when someone say anthing about this on forum..mods close thread/delet it/and throw it away..
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    motoor wrote: »
    Yes because evry time when someone say anthing about this on forum..mods close thread/delet it/and throw it away..

im kinda in shock actually ;O

I guess those players r in friends with Gms..or..idk
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    im kinda in shock actually ;O

I guess those players r in friends with Gms..or..idk

Is strange that mods didnt close this yet,because we said about the Nuema Portal from Harsland gifted by Gm..vry strange.but i bet they will do it soon
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I guess mods can't say pwe doesn't pay them anymore b:laugh

In all seriousness though. I agree with Jarkhen, giving the mods a cape that greatly beats all other interval capes is unfair when us normal players can't even obtain it. Although, who actually uses aps anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    motoor wrote: »
    Is strange that mods didnt close this yet,because we said about the Nuema Portal from Harsland gifted by Gm..vry strange.but i bet they will do it soon

The threads that were closed in the past were for flaming, naming and shaming, things like that. This thread has nothing to do with that rumor, and atm we aren't closing it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maxing out existing gear was also denied. If you want to join for that purpose, you'd be sorely disappointed. And that's the last thing I shall I shall say on this matter unless someone has a direct question for us. If you do, feel free.

The Mods requested to get this cape right?

This cape is the the best interval / channel cape available (or not available) so this item is Maxing your gear. It will give 30ish more stat points, and higher refine over the g13 lunar capes. Plus all the extra stats.

Its like best in game by 30 stat points, and the ability to shard it with 4 more attack or defense levels while having a bigger refine bonus and lots of extra stats.

Its this http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21422 VS this http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/27711

This is gear maxing, it is substantially better than any obtainable gear. Again the thing to look at is the interval / channel. This was a mod choice not gm choice right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2014

This cape is the the best interval / channel cape available (or not available) so this item is Maxing your gear. It will give 30ish more stat points, and higher refine over the g13 lunar capes. Plus all the extra stats.

Its like best in game by 30 stat points, and the ability to shard it with 4 more attack or defense levels while having a bigger refine bonus and lots of extra stats.

Its this http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21422 VS this http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/27711

This is gear maxing, it is substantially better than any obtainable gear. Again the thing to look at is the interval / channel. This was a mod choice not gm choice right?

Honestly if they make this farmable in the game itself I wouldn't mind if Mods* got this cape. At least make it attainable rather then exclusively giving to Mods. Wings of Ascension is stupid expensive already at least give us normal players a chance. Do we all need to line up to be mods to get this particular cape?
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Actually no, it wasn't 100% a mod choice. We did give them the entire runthrough that it was not obtainable in the game currently, because of the reasons that were repeatedly stated in this thread thus far.

They discussed this for over a month before they came to a consensus.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Honestly if they make this farmable in the game itself I wouldn't mind if Mods* got this cape. At least make it attainable rather then exclusively giving to Mods. Wings of Ascension is stupid expensive already at least give us normal players a chance. Do we all need to line up to be mods to get this particular cape?

To be honest I really don't think this will be happening again anytime soon, and even if you/others did manage to get selected as a mod, there would be no guarantee that you/they would make it through long enough to be eligible for the 'reward.'

It really was a nice gesture of pwi/pwe.

I gotta say it seems kind of silly that people are so upset about it, but meh I also understand why to an extent.

I for one don't care that they got it, it really isn't game breaking/it won't allow them to become 'gods' overnight. Sure it helps depending on the gear of the mod before it, but still I can' t see it effecting pvp much at all if any at all.

Still I do get that it isn't obtainable for others, but to be honest I think the mods should have gotten something that isn't obtainable for us 'normal' people. I think they needed to give something 'special' to show just how much they appreciated the hard work that the mods do, and while I agree there are a few mods that are far more active then a few other forum mods, I think pwe did 'right' by giving one to each of them, albeit I think//hope they didn't give one to mods that have literally not posted/moderated at all during the past couple of months, still I do understand real life issues often come up, it isn't easy getting on to moderate, still if they're that inactive they shouldn't have gotten one. (Surely a mod can get on more than once a year/every 6 months to help moderate things.) If they can't, they arguably shouldn't be a mod anymore.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
This discussion has been closed.