Glitching War Avatars

brontolith
brontolith Posts: 24 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Not sure if this occurred out of error or was done intentionally, but I noticed a player today who had Harpy Wraith card in the battle slot. Is this already a common thing now? Glitching cards to use multiple cards that belong in one slot?
Post edited by brontolith on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's not a glitch, any card can be placed in any position.

When in the wrong slot, you don't get any of the blue stats from the card and you don't get any of the benefits of the card being leveled up. You just get the white stats as if the card was level 1.
  • brontolith
    brontolith Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah thank you, maybe they should show that in someway? Just shows as them having full benefits from the card.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    brontolith wrote: »
    Ah thank you, maybe they should show that in someway? Just shows as them having full benefits from the card.

I see many people with cards that don`t belong where they are put, it`s just they are unaware the cards are subdivided into categories, while you can put any card in any slot, you will not get the card`s benefits.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Depending on the type of the card, you won't get any benefits from the card if it's put in the wrong slot. So if you put a Soulprime card into a Battle slot, then you won't get any of the Soulprime card's benefits. At least that's what I have noticed.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    that can only be done with B class nd higher cards. a C card in the wrong slot will not give any boost as if you didnt have a card in that slot at all.

EX: Battle card B class = 130 phys/mag atk
    Soulprime card B class = 33 spirit

puttiing the B class battle card in soulprime would still give the 33 spirit but not the 130 phys/mag atk.
    but putting a C class battle card in soulprime will give 0 spirit, same as if u didnt have a card at all
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Depending on the type of the card, you won't get any benefits from the card if it's put in the wrong slot. So if you put a Soulprime card into a Battle slot, then you won't get any of the Soulprime card's benefits. At least that's what I have noticed.
    The way it works is that you get the base stats of a lvl 1 card of the same grade that would otherwise belong in that slot. In your example if you put a grade A Soulprime into a Battle slot you'd only receive +200 attack and nothing else. This only works with grade B or better.

Admittedly I don't know what stats you'd get from a mismatched awakened card. It should either be the base stat of a lvl 1 unawakened card or a lvl 1 awakened card. If anyone knows I'd like to hear it.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You have to remember to when looking at peoples gear cards ect, it shows what stats it gives at current level not what stats it gives the player. This is more so with cards, it may show giving x stats but in the wrong slot it is giving something different to them
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz