Forum Mod given items for in game

Comments

• Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Secret contest that no one heard about? Seems legit.

You should apply to become mod Sylen.

Sylen > GM
    Just saying.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Already gave a reason, which is what I believe after observing the forums for so long.

Well, you can go ahead and ask for a Mod position then f:laugh

Being a mod is solely no profit, no personal gains deal, a volunteer work, if they receive something for their work, they are not working for free and Skai is not one of the mods who is very active here, I mostly see just Venus and Kossy doing all the work and I`m sure they haven`t received any "payment" from PWI.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's not about if they deserve to be pay or not, it's about that mods, ALL mods claimed MANY times (and still does) that they get NOTHING out of it, that they are NORMAL players like you and me. (where's my cape??)

Mods just lost all credibility of ''We are not paid and we are normal players'', if Skai have that cape it's cause he ask it, trust me, a GM wouldn't randomly send a non-existing item to someone and even if a GM randomly decided to reward a mod and send him an item the mod should have not accept it and should have report it.

I would have nothing against PWI deciding to pay the mods with in game items, but if they do they should make it public, so mods stop mouthing that none of them get privileges out of it.

As Man said I don't care if they give a crown of madness to someone that did spent 50 000$ on the game, but after all the ''We (mods) are normal players, we get NOTHING for that'' that's disgusting that a mod have accept that.

I'm still going to stand by my opinion until someone proves otherwise. Skai's special treatment to me doesn't equal special treatment to every single Mod so I still don't believe Mods specifically get any special treatment but certain people get special treatment regardless of being Mod or not.

I might be wrong and that's fine really but for now I don't want to assume too much until we get an answer from someone. A response from Skai himself would be good as well as maybe from GMs.

Have you seen the cape stats to say it's not game breaking?

I've seen the stats.

My sentence was an indirect question though not an absolute statement so if someone has valid points to explain why and how that cape is game breaking I'd appreciate them telling me f:sweat but I consider something like...let's say the nuema portal set the Archer on your server as far more game breaking than this cape.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It must be the same GM that gave someone from harshlands a nuema portal set to someone.

I'm so glad I don't play in harshlands
    I have a feeling we play thins game wrong b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    As a mod, with what they keep posting here about not getting anything and they are just players as well, Skai should've made a good example and rejected it, clearly that's not the case.
    (S)he could reject this cape and accept Wings of Ascension for example, and you would never learn how (s)he got it b:chuckle Besides Wings are better.
    and I`m sure...
    Did you check their bank and trading history? b:chuckle It's not like I'm accusing somebody in receiving special gifts from GMs, but you simply can't be sure in anything unless you totaly control it.
    let's say the nuema portal set the Archer on your server as far more game breaking than this cape.
    I wonder how ppl know it was from GM. I don't think it's a thing one would expatiate upon even if he really got for free. After all he could troll being tired of endless quiestion "how did you get this?".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lol has skai even been active? Last I heard he was on a break.

And yeah this is a great cape. I'd like one for my archer as well for free pwi please and I promise to be nice and treat forums like a job! I'm on here enough anyway :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm still going to stand by my opinion until someone proves otherwise. Skai's special treatment to me doesn't equal special treatment to every single Mod so I still don't believe Mods specifically get any special treatment but certain people get special treatment regardless of being Mod or not.

I might be wrong and that's fine really but for now I don't want to assume too much until we get an answer from someone. A response from Skai himself would be good as well as maybe from GMs.

He is part of a team and when mods say they don't get pay for what they do they speak as a group, I never saw a mod say ''I personally don't get pay, but maybe other mods does''.

As I said I don't give a **** if mods get pay, but if they do they need to stop claiming they don't, even if it's only one of them.

I've seen the stats.

My sentence was an indirect question though not an absolute statement so if someone has valid points to explain why and how that cape is game breaking I'd appreciate them telling me f:sweat but I consider something like...let's say the nuema portal set the Archer on your server as far more game breaking than this cape.

It is and I heard the GM that did that is in trouble cause of that.

I wonder how ppl know it was from GM. I don't think it's a thing one would expatiate upon even if he really got for free. After all he could troll being tired of endless quiestion "how did you get this?".

Cause people from HL know how to do it. $$$
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If mods are given something like that, i dont have a problem with that.
    If they have the power to create items out of nothing and abuse that for their own benefit, their accounts should be closed and IPs banned imo
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Terror_aap - Lost City
    Terror_aap - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i like how skai been replying to other treads but leaves this alone.Anyway makes me wonder if his so called 0.15 int dagger is legit either the way its looking it prolly isnt
  • VanguardianX - Dreamweaver
    VanguardianX - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    this post has received quite a bit of attention and no mods to be seen. i wonder what their explanation is going to be on this. but to be honest, i feel as if this post is going to be deleted or closed because names were mentioned. they'll probably tell you to send in a ticket instead. repost this **** as much as possible if need be, everyone needs to be aware of this.
    Heroes are remembered, legends never die.
  • The_pro - Dreamweaver
    The_pro - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    while were at it might as well makes everyone mods and every1 get OP capes XD this isnt fair at all lol b:shocked
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In before there is a very logical explanation to this and everyone looks like a dumbass?

No, seriously. Do you actually believe that bs about mods getting better gears from the GMs...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • VanguardianX - Dreamweaver
    VanguardianX - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In before there is a very logical explanation to this and everyone looks like a dumbass?

No, seriously. Do you actually believe that bs about mods getting better gears from the GMs...?

it's gear that's supposedly unobtainable because there is no frost tm as far i know.
    Heroes are remembered, legends never die.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Any other way of getting this cape outside of TM runs and from a quest that only Lv. 150s can get?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2014

That gear is unobtainable. That being said, outside of the -.05 interval stat which happens to make it the best interval cape in the game it's not particularly game breaking. Certainly not as bad as that nuema portal set which happened to appear in Harshlands.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Cause people from HL know how to do it. $$$
    How? Really, how can you say if one csed hard or got it from GM? Even if you have access to his account and see his cs list empty it doesn't prove anything, since you can cs from any char and card packs are tradable.
    but to be honest, i feel as if this post is going to be deleted or closed because names were mentioned. they'll probably tell you to send in a ticket instead. repost this **** as much as possible if need be, everyone needs to be aware of this.
    It's not naming/shaming, no rules broken, at least player on ss doesn't break any, onle wears a cape. And there is nothing to report about.
    My first though was it's a reward for some event like unique items for international pvp competition, but idk if this cape was ever available as reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sexy cape, who do i need to give a ****job to, so i can get my hands on one?
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I've seen the stats.

I'll grant you the point that just because Skai received something doesn't mean that every MOD received something. However, this is an example where RL mirrors the game.

Each MOD action in and out of these forums is a reflection of the volunteer MOD team as a whole. You cannot single one MOD out with drawing into question of the other Moderators, it just does not happen. Those Mods that do need to step down ASAP. To be honest were I Mod here, I'd be embarrassed and if the current Mods are not I'd seriously question their integrity.

There have been many accusations about GM favoritism but they have, for the most part, cannot be proven as the items allegedly gifted ARE OBTAINABLE. Skai's cape is not and never has. Frost TM never existed on Raging Tides and the cape has not been part of a pack so unless there is some hidden glitch (also very unmoderator-like) this cape was gifted by a GM or someone employed at PWE.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I would say it's unfair if Skai hadn't done anything and just got it out of the blue from a GM but if it really is true that Mods get something for volunteering well..what's the problem? There's so much BS on these forums they have to deal with, they deserve something.

If we are giving away gear on merit then give Asterelle the rank 9 set from China so he can have a pretty looking bow, since he helps the community much more than any mod.

Triple interval g16 has happened 3-4 that i know of on raging tide and his triple interval daggers were purchased for a price, no need to worry about that. If there is an explanation to be had that would be welcome, maybe there is a good one. If mods are getting items in game for their service or favoritism we should be informed of this as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    RepubIican - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What the???? O.O
    Not defined by our limits but by our potential
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    If we are giving away gear on merit then give Asterelle the rank 9 set from China so he can have a pretty looking bow, since he helps the community much more than any mod.

Triple interval g16 has happened 3-4 that i know of on raging tide and his triple interval daggers were purchased for a price, no need to worry about that. If there is an explanation to be had that would be welcome, maybe there is a good one. If mods are getting items in game for their service or favoritism we should be informed of this as well.

I don't disagree with you, just didn't quite get why people are getting worked up over it, especially when for now it's kinda just..you know assuming things. Could be right, could be wrong. I really do want an answer though so I'm keeping an eye on the thread. Maybe I'm just being too stubborn and believe there's an explanation for this b:laugh
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i like how skai been replying to other treads but leaves this alone.Anyway makes me wonder if his so called 0.15 int dagger is legit either the way its looking it prolly isnt

why dont we just say all his stuff isn't legit while we're at it right? he bought those from someone else who made them in game months ago.... lol atleast play our server before making accusations about someone like that about their gear.

anyway, the cape is op as far as int capes go but, as for a pk standard, theres a few other capes id take over that so personally dont see a problem myself. nice cape, but meh.

everyone crying about preferential treatment, thats life. not everyone is treated the same all the time. some people do more and get more, some people do nothing, so they get nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    >In this thread
    No mods
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow this surprisingly showed up when all of the moderators were away from the forums. This whole week was full of project deadlines, job interviews, midterms, and presentations. xD;

While I am busy with real life at the moment, I am not surprised that I am the first of the mods to be seen with this, especially when I accidentally left myself logged in all night. I am still on a break from PWI due to time constraints, but I'm still on the forums. But I guess some explanation is needed here. When we first were given the opportunity to become moderators through our applications that I treated like a real job application, we knew that moderatorship would be a thankless job with no compensation. I did not mind that, because I genuinely wanted to help the community as a whole and to give order to the forums when rules get broken. We accepted those terms and worked together as a team to keep on top of the forums when the GMs were not around. We did not become moderators for the intention of benefiting ourselves via ingame items.

The GMs did surprise us this year when they said that we deserved a little gift from them for all the combined years of work the team has done, especially during the half year that we did not have a community manager. This threw all of us by surprise, and the thanks could not be given out enough at how much we appreciated their kind gesture.

On top of this, as many have stated, the item in question is not game breaking.

Edit: Oh, and for the record, my daggers were purchased for around 450m or so from someone in the faction of the person who started this thread.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Wow this surprisingly showed up when all of the moderators were away from the forums. This whole week was full of project deadlines, job interviews, midterms, and presentations. xD;

While I am busy with real life at the moment, I am not surprised that I am the first of the mods to be seen with this, especially when I accidentally left myself logged in all night. I am still on a break from PWI due to time constraints, but I'm still on the forums. But I guess some explanation is needed here. When we first were given the opportunity to become moderators through our applications that I treated like a real job application, we knew that moderatorship would be a thankless job with no compensation. I did not mind that, because I genuinely wanted to help the community as a whole and to give order to the forums when rules get broken. We accepted those terms and worked together as a team to keep on top of the forums when the GMs were not around. We did not become moderators for the intention of benefiting ourselves via ingame items.

The GMs did surprise us this year when they said that we deserved a little gift from them for all the combined years of work the team has done, especially during the half year that we did not have a community manager. This threw all of us by surprise, and the thanks could not be given out enough at how much we appreciated their kind gesture.

On top of this, as many have stated, the item in question is not game breaking.

Edit: Oh, and for the record, my daggers were purchased for around 450m or so from someone in the faction of the person who started this thread.

Kinda knew it could of been a gift. Its only normal and predictable ;D But i was thinking the gift could been something which every1 could farm on game, not something which isn't even in game.

This gift (payment for good work) wont be last one ;D there will be more.
    In future there will be many cases where MoD will be very needed and as a thanks, for that, Gms will gift something.
    edited March 2014
    I'm fine with GM paying the mods, but I don't wanna hear again that mods are players like us that don't get paid or don't get privileges, cause it's obviously not true.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gratz, mods, it's well deserved definitely! Though, a public announcement would've been appropriate to avoid this confusion, I guess.

P.S.: That makes finding Kossy so much easier, if she decides to wear the cape! b:victory
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    If I was a mod, I'd prefer zen b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    edited March 2014
    If I was a mod, I'd prefer zen b:laugh

Personally I would like that cape, it's better than what I have. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the explanation Skai f:stare at least this clears all the misconceptions and yeah, I suppose an announcement would have been more appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.