Biggest issue in Perfect World.

Options
TideShadow - Harshlands
TideShadow - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Suggestion Box
Hello,

I am one more customer that has an issue with rank 9 equipment. This isn't just me, look at this post :
->Rank 9 issues can happen not just to me
Can you tell me the differences between :
- A: ring1
- B: ring2.

One is a crappy item and the other is awesome. But since B can be sold to NPC, most of you have bound it.
When you have an item like B, you would never sell it. More than that, RANK 9 GEARS ARE REWARDS FROM QUESTS AND CAN’T BE DONE AGAIN.
BUT did you ever think about that? Here is what can become B:
- C : 3 days destruction BINDING ITEMS IS A LESS VALUABLE PROTECTION THAN "CAN’T BE SOLD, UNABLE TO DECOMPOSE".[/COLOR]

There is a 72 hours delay that may help you but if you feel protected then it's not exact. Imagine this: someone attacks your account, and then he puts your bound rank equipment to be destroyed at the banker, with a password at bank.
You are hoping to have this password being removed quickly by staff but (and it happened to me) you are told that they are sorry because the bank password reset function isn't working at the moment. (I had to wait a further update to the game).
It's like PWi didn’t t think about any issue that can happen with the most valuable items in game. Rank 9 shouldn’t t be saleable, that's all.

And it's not really that PWi CAN have bugs/glitches, it's just that PWI DOES have bugs. I know it well because I encountered all bugs at the time when I lost my rank 9 3rd recast armors. (I can’t post as proofs the answers from staff (forum violation) here so I posted on biggest guilds forums in my server).
Don’t tell yourself that you would never have any issues with this because PWi can have a security issue:
PWI tells you to often change your log in formations and provides a reset function on the website BUT:

Let’s consider that you try to reset your log information using this function. When you are done you will need to wait for the confirmation email, then you change your information. What if:
- This email never arrives.
- Then you check if there any mistyping in you registered email address: all seems okay but no confirmation mail for you, but you have a valid email address... The website can have issue with your email (People that checked their email address on PWI's website when they wanted to receive a redeem code for PWI anniversary gift and receive nothing will probably recognize themselves. I know that most didn’t t care because codes could be found on the net)
As a consequence: I couldn’t t change my log information. I can't know if this bug weakened my security because no one told me the ip address of who attacked me. But there is something that I m sure: someone was able to log in my account and since WEBSITE AND INGAME PASSWORDS ARE SAME, IT HAS BEEN FATAL to my account. When someone succeeds in logging in your account, then it means he can read your ticket history with support staff! So, please, if someone can read all, because he is able to log on your account, don't ask for a registered email change directly on website, because the "hacker" can read which email you are going to use and maybe attack your email, then your account again. You will need to contact staff only by your email, if you think that your email is safe. Staff NEVER ADVICED ME TO DO THIS: I posted my new email directly on the website, they changed my email without warning me that I took a risk by doing this. Okay it was stupid of me, but increasing PWI's security is NOT my job. Then as a consequence my account was attacked by 2 times and they don t want to help me anymore.

So, if bugs can be encountered (and people know how often it happens) why making most valuable items saleable to NPC?
I would say "Waiiiitttt I encountered 2 bugs!" But it seems that it's not PWI responsibility:

As a result, staff doesn't want to help to recover my items since as it's written in Terms of service of Service:
"You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account, and we are not responsible for any misuse use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party and/or used for transactions".

I am one more person that didn’t t stop to play when encountering an issue with R9 but I think that most stopped playing without fighting. There may have a lot of people quitting for this. I am the second person that thought about posting on forum. When they will have more...
Now I try to recover my gears with a repayment. Its' still refused. Even if I don t agree with that, I would pay a lot now for my gears. (My char is 105 reborn and I can t just restart game easily). But as I said, PWi isn’t responsible thanks to terms of service.

This post is a forum violation exactly the same as UrDian did and I didn’t t want to do it. I tried to be correct by not directly attack staff and I didn’t t post any screenshots from Gms'personal answers. I am just reporting bugs. By courtesy I tried to send a message in private to a Gm before posting but I had no answers with this method.
I don t know if UrDian had to repay his gears. Look at the last page of the post. He said that people should bind equipment. I m going further, rank 9 SHOULD N T be saleable to NPC, and R9R too. My gears weren’t t bound but because of the bank reset bug, then it would have turned the same way. I was probably out of luck but please, players can spend thousands of Dollars/Euros on such gears.
Since I didn’t t feel responsible at all (I encountered many bugs as I said) , i tried to get back my rank 9 recast armors at no costs.
Now I am only trying to make a repayment of my gears. (And I would pay a lot if PWi would let me...)

And for me insisting on a forum is very dangerous because in Terms of service:
"If a User ID violates any part of these terms, we may immediately, temporarily, or permanently ban such a User ID, with or without notice."
If I could get some help I would be happy, but I didn’t t play a lot for like 5 months…
Post edited by TideShadow - Harshlands on

Comments

• SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My friend by accident npc his r9 too
    and it took him 2 month to get it back.

Every time PWI Support Staff answer: No. That they cant return the items.
    That next time you have to be careful and stuff.

He sent another ticket and another and another.. till he got the answer he wanted:

We will send u this and that to you ingame character
    If you have any more questions blah blah blah, we will be happy to help :)

So i believe, if you keep trying and trying, you will get the items back. Just dont give up!

I believe its so stupid that support staff dont return items like r9 for which most of people actually paid!
    and yet...they return armor/wep ( TT based g15/g16) who been npced.

And when GM return those wep/armor they cant be bound. Ppl actually sell them in WC as *Lunar* wep/armor.
    How can you notice if its made by GM? easy, there is no player name by who that item was made on wep.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If you did sell an item or get an item destroyed or something along those lines, send in a punctual support ticket explaining your situation and most of the time you will get it back.

And if you don't have a bank password to begin with, then that's poor account management, especially if you have R9.

As Saku stated, don't give up and you will get your items back if you sold them by accident.
  • TideShadow - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    And if you don't have a bank password to begin with, then that's poor account management, especially if you have R9.

Not having a bank password isn't a poor account management. I am playing sin in the game and i am using 2 kinds of gears. I am also using a special mouse that have macros. I am using macros for fast switching my gears. (APS->R9) just by one click on my mouse. This mouse is made for MMOs like PWI)

if i set gear protection on, then i woulndn t be able to switch fast (because i would need to set a password while playing and this would reduce my performances in game). i will never set gear protection for those reasons.

And if i am posting here, it's because insisting didn't help me at the moment. (5 months)
  • Evangile - Dreamweaver
    Evangile - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Friend got '****' (gave away his info and his stuff and R9r3+11 JOSD gear got taken/npc'd) and he sent in a ticket, days later he got a respond they were going to give him the gear back. Weeks later he got a r9r3 set back.. But.. He was a seeker, and the gear was r9r3 for clerics. b:laugh GG PW
    He sent in another ticket and it took 3 weeks to get the seeker set back, refines and shard not included. He sent in another ticket and they refused to give the refine and shards back.
    I would bound R9 immidiatly upon purchasing it, getting your gear back (IF you get it back) is a *****.

@TideShadow; you only have to put in your password once and you'll be able to keep switching out stuff up untill you go offline. I would recommend a password, it isn't so bad and it surely makes your account more safe. b:chuckle
    Time to nut up, or shut up. -Tallahasse b:shocked
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Friend got '****' (gave away his info and his stuff and R9r3+11 JOSD gear got taken/npc'd) and he sent in a ticket, days later he got a respond they were going to give him the gear back. Weeks later he got a r9r3 set back.. But.. He was a seeker, and the gear was r9r3 for clerics. b:laugh GG PW
    He sent in another ticket and it took 3 weeks to get the seeker set back, refines and shard not included. He sent in another ticket and they refused to give the refine and shards back.
    I would bound R9 immidiatly upon purchasing it, getting your gear back (IF you get it back) is a *****.

@TideShadow; you only have to put in your password once and you'll be able to keep switching out stuff up untill you go offline. I would recommend a password, it isn't so bad and it surely makes your account more safe. b:chuckle

Your friend is REALLY lucky he got the gears back, usually PWI do nothing if the lost is cause of sharing account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • das7002
    das7002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Not having a bank password isn't a poor account management. I am playing sin in the game and i am using 2 kinds of gears. I am also using a special mouse that have macros. I am using macros for fast switching my gears. (APS->R9) just by one click on my mouse. This mouse is made for MMOs like PWI)

if i set gear protection on, then i woulndn t be able to switch fast (because i would need to set a password while playing and this would reduce my performances in game). i will never set gear protection for those reasons.

Then you're an idiot. You only have to put in the password once every time you login. That's it. Type it in once and you're good. Can switch as much as you want.
  • WistaKitty - Archosaur
    WistaKitty - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

And if i am posting here, it's because insisting didn't help me at the moment. (5 months)

You would only have to type the password once after logging on the game. So imo it wouldnt really affect your gameplay. Just try to move a piece of gear after logging on and type in your pass. After that it wont show up again. Just when you need to get into your bank or if you relog your toon.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Then you're an idiot. You only have to put in the password once every time you login. That's it. Type it in once and you're good. Can switch as much as you want.

Sorry maybe i was not curious enough and i didn t test it... I learnt something today... but i think that most people didn't test all pwi functions. That's not just me. But why only curious people would have 100 % protection on their gears? Rank 9 should'n t be saleable. One more time THIS IS NOT JUST ME.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This is why you buy binding charms and bind all the r9 gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If, someday, they come out with R10, if R9 gear were unsellable, you would have no method of disposing of the outdated gear. The rank ring is the only thing which should be unsellable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited February 2014
    Options

I do agree with you but there is no better protection than "unable to be sold or decomposed". bound gears can be destroyed in 72 hours. Binding is not really made for protecting you from a ****, it's made for avoiding to sell it by accident. Think about it: If it was,'t able to be sold, then even idiot people like me would keep his gears b :laugh and people that share their account would only have to repay for refines/shards and maybe no quit game. More profits for everyone : for players and for PWI.
    If, someday, they come out with R10, if R9 gear were unsellable, you would have no method of disposing of the outdated gear. The rank ring is the only thing which should be unsellable.
    Did you do the cultivation quest to the end? At the end there is a special quest that allows you to destroy portal banners. If somone is getting rank 10, then maybe he can access to a special quest for destroying R9, since he wouldn't need anymore. I mean : everything is possible if they make effort.
  • Keileena_PL - Harshlands
    Keileena_PL - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Everyone are smart now ^^

GMs we are waiting for your move :P He can't even buy it again now. Show us your understanding ^^

You all know what's the best part of this problem? This

☆Recruit's Badge
    Requisite lvl: 30
    Requisite reputation: 30

And description:
    Sign of honor!
    Rank Identification. Unable to be refined or decomposed.
    Unable to be traded, discarded, or sold. Protected from death.

Where is the logic???
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Now i remember that low rank quests are repeatable... but not rank 9
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Well, you can't even sell low ranks :P
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Not true... it's only the rings you can't sell, all other low level rank gear is sellable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited February 2014
    Options
    sellable BUT REPEATBALE... ok i will try not post 500 messages...
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

This. First thing I'm going to do once I get r9 <<; It's 50 silver per charm. Don't get why that's so hard to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Xainou i told before that bounded gears can become this Destroyed in 72 hours, wasn't protected 100% from an attack Game had rank 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and before. Switching from rank 1 to rank 2 or 3 never lead to an issue, because : ring wasn't sellable+ was upgradeable and armors quests were repeatable. You probably don't have no friends that quitted game because of rank 9? Good for you but believe me there are many.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Options
    And how would "destroying gear" happen by accident? Isn't that more an issue of acc sharing/ poorass security than game mechanics? lol

And no, I don't have friends like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2014
    Options
    Sharing account isn't allowed but your account can be attacked. And yes game mechanics can help. So why did they help for low rank and not for rank 9 wich costs a lot more?
    Isn't that more an issue of acc sharing/ poorass security than game mechanics? lol
    This last sentence represents your judgment and not the real issue. Account sharing isn't systematic for producing this kind of situation. This situation can happen because the game is like that by itself.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Lol I give up. I don't see reason in justifying why people can't deal the right way with their prized possessions. If you insist on sharing the keys to your luxury apartment, fine. Common sense these days seems to be rare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I do agree with you but there is no better protection than "unable to be sold or decomposed". bound gears can be destroyed in 72 hours. Binding is not really made for protecting you from a ****, it's made for avoiding to sell it by accident. Think about it: If it was,'t able to be sold, then even idiot people like me would keep his gearsb :laugh and people that share their account would only have to repay for refines/shards and maybe no quit game. More profits for everyone : for players and for PWI.

Binding is made for two purposes, 1 so you won't accidentally drop or sell the gear, and the other is to offer protection for your account. The bank password is more of the same. It is not a bug if you had a weak password on this second email account, that is totally your own responsibility. And if you had been thinking about it clearly, you would see that if someone has access to your account, they probably have access to everywhere you logged in as well. I mean if it were me, and someone had access to my account, I'd make sure whatever email I gave had a strong password that would not be easily guessed. And that was not at all similar to the one being used. You also need to make sure there are no key loggers present on your machine, before you attempt to change the account. Otherwise, exactly what happened here will happen all over again. It is not support's fault you failed to use these necessary precautions, those are not bugs. Perhaps if you were made an effort to secure your passwords, your email accounts, and were willing to secure your gear, support would be more willing to help you? Who knows, I certainly don't as I don't work for them. But it doesn't hurt to try, regardless that is something you'll have to take up with the support staff as it's not something that you can receive assistance with on the forums.

As for your suggestion on changing rank gear, that belongs in the suggestion box. So I'm going to move this there. Good luck with your ticket.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You know what I think... I think GMs wont care. It's not their business. Ofc, everything is your fault, easy password to guess, no binding charm.. -.-

PWI, Just move your butts and take care of players... or they will keep leaving. I know those days noone care about 2nd person. Especialy in game when u dont know people. Who cares?! It's just all about money.

Ppl who are in such situation can do 2nd char, lvl it to 105 again, pay to PWI again. But they still wont buy this time while they couldnt log and they couldnt do f.... dailies or anything. While others getting stuff for free (wont talk about it again cuz its not the subject). The point is they just won't care.

GM's if you want to do something with your image, start behave like you care about players. And I know you have a lot of work. Maybe PWI team need more ppl -.- idk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXd155v8Z5U 00:46 :D
  • malchanceux
    malchanceux Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Some players cheated a lot because same errors reapeated again and again. (+10 shhhhhhhh).

So, why should pwi always blame players to have made some errors? In the case of TideShadow, if he admits to have made some errors, then maybe they would ask him to repay for his gears. Errors from players aren't allowed while errors from GMs are allowed.
    I do agree with TideShadow, Pwi seems lazzy with security too and making R9 not saleable would have been the only right choice. That's why PWi shouldn't even blame him. If everyone was admitting to make errors because we are just humans, then life would be better.

b:angry
  • dainabg
    dainabg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I say Tide must get help from GM, even if he did some mistake , way we have GMrs for - to help us , to keep us happy , to make game place were we get fun .. ?!
    Tide lost some gears yes, he have some mistakes , ok maybe , but at least he didnt lie or scam some one, he ask for help get gears back, he dont ask for something for free or for some exstra stuff, he ask for his gears.

The key for his gears back in GM hand and I belive so he will get help, if we keep trust we have GM here to help us.

Who know maybe tomorrow some one else will be need any similiar kind of help.

gl Tide
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The whole binding, unable to be sold etc. thing is something you'd have to address to PWCN, not here. The only thing PWE is able to do, more or less, is text fixes and test things out. Fixes and changes come from PWCN.

I also agree with some points Venus made as to the fact that we're responsible with the accounts we create. One of my friends had their e-mail **** which consequently lead to her PWI account getting ****.
    PWI keeps reminding you of protecting yourself, not giving away your password and staying away from suspicious sites and yet people still fall for said sites, give their account information to people around, share accounts and when something actually happens...it's only PWE/PWI's fault. Never their fault. (no I'm not pointing fingers at you).

With that said, I don't disagree that their customer support is lacking and I'm fairly sure most people know that but I've heard of many people that did get their stuff back and I think it depends on who deals with your ticket and if they're in a good mood to help or not. The only thing you can do is really to just keep trying.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mialee - Harshlands
    Mialee - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I think the GMs could solv this easy as they can fix the bugs in game, and i see it like a bug..
    Even if Tide made mistakes about his security that is not the problem, what he is asking to GMs is just a way to buy new gear on npc.
    I did bought 2 weapons rank 8 for me, the first one i +10 and when recast came in game i bought new one with 2 milion, so i keep trying better status in my new R8 recasted and didnt erase my +10 weapon while not have new materials to reforge.
    If we allowed to have 2 gear rank 9 for example, we can set 1 gear full deity shards and 1 full gear full josd, its simple to correct it on npc and EVERYONE (not only Tideshadow) will be allowed to buy new pieces of gear, i do this on g16 hat and cape when i want more damage or more vit i change it fast.
    GMs are lazy for securities or to fix bugs, but when they want they do it fast (mistake on dragon orbs +10 or bhunter rewards for 79+ you could keep all day getting rewards not only 6x times).
    Hope we get this option soon and Tide can play again without lost all his hard time to reach 105 - b:cry he also have ring, weapon, belt why he should make new char b:angry
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Okay it seems that i didn't complain for the right thing : i tried to explain why R9 shouldn't be saleable. Before buying R9 think about it.

Terms of service section 28 :
    You acknowledge that in using the Service and/or Games, you may lose in-game features and/or items. You may not hold PWE responsible for any in-game feature or item loss. We do not guarantee the availability of any in-game items, any Service or any levels to players

It means that even if they made an error with your account, they don't have to guarantee R9 So why did you made R9 saleable? i am reminding you that it's not just my issue. urDian's post.

04-18-2011, 04:00 PM
    Unlike all other Rank gear, you can't get another piece of R9 gear from the NPC, the quest is simply not available. Oh, and don't think you can go to support and get assistance from what is definitely an implementation problem: Here's the wonderful response from Customer [un]Support :
    Answer was removed by frankieraye, but you can guess that he didn't get helped. I won't post my Customer support answer here since it's forbidden.
    PWI keeps reminding you of protecting yourself, not giving away your password and staying away from suspicious sites and yet people still fall for said sites, give their account information to people around, share accounts and when something actually happens...it's only PWE/PWI's fault. Never their fault.

If you read ToS, i would rather say that PWE is never responsible for anything if they decided so! Then who is never responsible now? Players or PWE? If many players have same issue than me, who is responsible?

Not all games forbid to share accounts. So if you share some other game accounts with your grirlfriend maybe she can guess PWI'log informations, if you are using same password and a few different logins. For this reason, PWE should at least guarantee that they won't have bug with your account when you try to change your log informations. PWI website had a bug with my email that didn't let me change my log informations. All my sad story started with this. I am suspecting my ex gf to have guessed my infos and decided to harass me in real life + in game. She probaly succeed in destroying my main hobby : PWI. And PWI let her do this to me because of bugs + not making efforts : i am trying for more than 6 months now.
    And because this bug, my new email was attacked : because i couldn't change my log infos the "hacker" could read my ticket via CSS web and wrote down wich new email i will be using. After having attacked my new email, the "hacker" was able - as a consequence- to attack my PWI account again.Is it a big fault of me? I shouldn't have sent tickets via CSS web... sorry i will never feel responsible for this, staff should have told me to not send infos via CSS web (because first : it's not my job even if it was idiot of me and secondly : because all started because of a bug from PWI's website)

So they are considering that i am responsible. But in my mind, PWI was responsible, NOT ME. When they agreed to reset my rank 9 quests i complained more and they refused : nothing was done, even for a reset. Where is the morality here? I WAS wanting my gears for free. But today is different. Everything is refused when i think that i shouldn't even pay. All things started for a bug from PWI with my email wich was VALID. I am just asking for a quests reset now.

PWE weakened my security by :
    - Having a bug with my email that didn't let me change my log informations.
    - Having a bug with bank password reset (i had to wait a further update to the game), allowing my attacker to destroy some items gears at banker. (EVEN IF I BOUNDED R9 it wouldn t have changed anything.
    - Having a staff that took like 4-7 days before responding me. it seems like many people complained about that and now this have been fixed it seems. (My account would have been saved if the answer came fast enough)
    - Not responding to phone when i would have asked for an email change BEFORE being attacked.
    - Making rank 9 saleable to npc.

How did you want me to stay quiet towards staff, especially during 6 months? i started to be more agressive like 3 months ago wich is a lot and patience demonstration. I am still asking PWI to forgive me for this, if THEY HAVE HUMANITY wich i am doubting a lot. I am asking for PWI undersrtanding here! And i am greatly suggesting to not making R9 saleable to NPC, wich is considered as an implementaion problem by all players that had this issue!