geting back to the point

Options
Metalspawn - Harshlands
Metalspawn - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Psychic
ok I see a lot of you are saying to go get refine +9-10, what I'm wondering is how exactly do I do that?

secondly I am choosing to become a demon with this character & I will become a sage with another one so that I can see how they differ for my self

& thirdly how difficult is it to get Demon or Sage books any way? is there a quest I can do or do I haft to get them form the boutique or some thing?
Post edited by Metalspawn - Harshlands on

Comments

• Psychel - Dreamweaver
    Psychel - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ok I see a lot of you are saying to go get refine +9-10, what I'm wondering is how exactly do I do that?

secondly I am choosing to become a demon with this character & I will become a sage with another one so that I can see how they differ for my self

& thirdly how difficult is it to get Demon or Sage books any way? is there a quest I can do or do I haft to get them form the boutique or some thing?

Ok, I just came back to game 1 month+ ago. Its good to be back :)

On topic, after 1 month of observation (and rbing 1 time), it seems to be easier to get sage/demon books now.
    Old book pages and Page of fate (go to 1K city forges to form book) will form into a book clip providing more higher tier skills for lvl 91-99~ (based on luck) such as sage/demon SoR, EV, red tide, Sandburst etc.
    50 mysterious pages ( go to PWI Boutique Agent ) will form into a book clip for the lower lvl 89~ skill books sage/demon, like BV, WV, Aqua Cannon, Landslide etc.

Old Book pages = Drop from new instance IF you rebirth, or from BH Delta (lvl 100 BHs), or you simply buy from people's catshoppies... (95-130K~ atm) 20 for a skill book clip.

Page of Fate = Either buy from people's catshops again, or you can try Cube of Fate instance. Completing it provides 1 page. 30 for a skill book clip.

Mysterious Page = This one needs tokens of luck to obtain, and can be pretty expensive compared to the other 2 options, but this is where rare books like BoL, WV and BW, landslide would be given only. 50 of them I think to obtain the skill book clip.

Honestly, I would recommend to just go sage (just my own opinion, its still yours to decide). The sage effects provided from the skills proves superior especially when being in instance together. You can do AOE purify while healing, extra distance to use landslide so your enemies just can't touch you so easily, sage SoV with no MP drain so you can even cast this on your tanker in squad. To what I see in theory, it seems to outweight the effects demon would provide, and ofc with my experience being a sage psy, I love what I can do to support the squad at the same time defending myself properly.

As to refine, I am not one to say as I am still at +4 for most b:surrender
    But getting refinement higher will not only increase your HP gain (for armors) and Attack (for weapon), but also allows your soulforce to expand, indirectly amplifying your skills like SoStun, SoS, SoV, SoR and Soulburn.
    Usually from +1 to +4, just keeping trying luck with mirages, and if you feel lucky, get it to +5, with help from Tisha stones. +6 onwards, I would usually advice using dragon orbs (catshops, boutique, farm coins to buy it ._.lll), as they provide 100% success n refinement, but expensive... Although you can still try to get to +7 with mirages and Tisha alone. I seen some players did that, but its really really based on luck...

Hope I answered the questions you asked and provided extra details :)
    Feel free to drop more post if you are unsure of anything.
    Wow, I see you... Now you don't... isn't that trolling? b:shutup
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Check out this link to see the difference between sage and demon as a psychic. Choose the path you feel fit your playstyle. Personally I thought of demon was pretty cool and went that way, but at end I had to admit sage was more like me and ended up paying 10 gold to switch cultivation.

The skills Aqua Impact and Spirit Blast are hard skillbook to get. The reason is those cannot be crafted in any way and but is a rare drop from instances aba and seat.
    All skillbooks crafted from pof and obp (page of fate, old book pages) are quite easy to get now due to the instance flowsilver palace which is for rebirthed people, while skillbooks made from mysterious pages getting more expensive due to the increased token price.

When you have to refine, it's good to get refine adds tisha and tienkang to increase your chance to succesful refine. Orbs never fail, but also way more expensive. Cheapest way to get the refine adds is to get event gold, which you can get through DQ point farming. Here is the bot system very useful. However notice the DQ system being taken down, so might have to wait and see what will happen in future here D:
    There are many different ways to refine, some have different methods to refine different type of gear too. On armor I like to mirage up to +3, then tienkang up to +5, and then tisha up to +7. Here I stop. I know people who tisha/tienkang on different refine levels, and some even go up to +8/+9 before they orb.. Some even higher. You'll have to try yourself what you prefer to do, maybe do some researching on this topic too.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Psychel - Dreamweaver
    Psychel - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Check out this link to see the difference between sage and demon as a psychic. Choose the path you feel fit your playstyle. Personally I thought of demon was pretty cool and went that way, but at end I had to admit sage was more like me and ended up paying 10 gold to switch cultivation.

Yeah. I Second that. Many of us would say sage is better, but in the end it stems down to what playstyle you like. I do know some demon psys who can be beast too. And about that link... don't get shock how much coins you need to learn your spells ._. I did a double checked, and it seems to be wrong... PWI have slash the coins needed to learn each lvl of skill by almost half.

When you have to refine, it's good to get refine adds tisha and tienkang to increase your chance to succesful refine. Orbs never fail, but also way more expensive.

That b:victory
    As Satyrion said, its up to you which refinement lvl you wanna start tisha and tienkang stoning. For me, I usually use those stones after +4. And Orb after +7.
    Wow, I see you... Now you don't... isn't that trolling? b:shutup
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yeah. I Second that. Many of us would say sage is better, but in the end it stems down to what playstyle you like.

No it doesn't. Roll sage.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Metalspawn - Harshlands
    Metalspawn - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ugh stop talking about being a sage thats not the point of this post S T F U
    ABOUT IT ALL READY!!!

now then how do i do the 9-10+ refines for my gear at level 82?
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ugh stop talking about being a sage thats not the point of this post S T F U
    ABOUT IT ALL READY!!!

now then how do i do the 9-10+ refines for my gear at level 82?

That is a complete waste of money, you should only waste high refines on your endgame armor. For now just level. Gather up some event cards meanwhile if you can, but don't waste it before you 100..

I wouldn't refine above +3 (maybe +5 if you slow at leveling) untill you 100.
    This is a test