Any Blessing Fix?

Aftershocks - Harshlands
Aftershocks - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
I have a character that I've been trying to get blessings for...and like many others it is not listed in the characters after I select the correct server and try to redeem the code. All of my other characters are listed of course. b:chuckle My luck i swear b:surrender lol

Is there any fix/way around for this? b:pleased

Thanks!
Post edited by Aftershocks - Harshlands on

Comments

• MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have a character that I've been trying to get blessings for...and like many others it is not listed in the characters after I select the correct server and try to redeem the code. All of my other characters are listed of course. b:chuckle My luck i swear b:surrender lol

Is there any fix/way around for this? b:pleased

Thanks!

If you try to get a blessing with Arc on a char with a name with on of those symbols: $ _ /\ it doesn't work the GMs are aware of it, so I assume they are working on it.

Check in that thread if it's the issue you get: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1674901
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you try to get a blessing with Arc on a char with a name with on of those symbols: $ _ /\ it doesn't work the GMs are aware of it, so I assume they are working on it.

Check in that thread if it's the issue you get: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1674901

My bf character name is X_Nemo_X and my barb is \Sakuriks/ and we both can get blessing for those toons o.o
    edited February 2014
    My bf character name is X_Nemo_X and my barb is \Sakuriks/ and we both can get blessing for those toons o.o

From Arc or still the old way?
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    From Arc or still the old way?

Arc ;O Redeem Key

I just checked again and took another blessing for my bf X_Nemo_X
    edited February 2014

Arc ;O Redeem Key

I just checked again and took another blessing for my bf X_Nemo_X

Or it did get fix really fast yesterday or it only affect some people and not others for some reasons. =O
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Or it did get fix really fast yesterday or it only affect some people and not others for some reasons. =O

never noticed anything till saw this topic
    at least im glad everything works for me /o/

Only thing i noticed about _ and / \ that u cant make new lvl 1 character with that
    I tried X_Saku_X but i couldn't, it didn't say that its taken just didn't allow me to use _ symbol ;O
  • Aftershocks - Harshlands
    Aftershocks - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, to clarify a bit: i was trying to redeem through Arc's redeem code and my character has only letters in the name. It is named --> Statement to be exact. I guess I'll just have to break down and get an account stash for the account it is on. =/

Or..wait.
    adblock plus

Lemme try this first XD

Thank you all for replies b:victory

***************Edit
    Adblock did not work or I don't know what to do. I already had scriptblocker and i was able to block the pop up and get to the page, but it wouldn't process my login info.

Eh well. Account stash stone it is. Any sales coming up soon??
    Gonna spam my other alt's mail box :P
  • Empath - Lost City
    Empath - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dont even get the option to redeem code.. it says 1) Log into the Arc client with your account and click on your name in the top right - Im signed in on arc.. I click on my name and my options are My account and sign out - there is no redeem key option.. so Im guessing no blessing for me.. Cannot proceed to step 2) b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<.> Glass Cannon <.>
  • missbytch2u
    missbytch2u Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I cant even click on my name! I get the cursor for when you want to type something, or copy something b:surrenderb:sad
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dont even get the option to redeem code.. it says 1) Log into the Arc client with your account and click on your name in the top right - Im signed in on arc.. I click on my name and my options are My account and sign out - there is no redeem key option.. so Im guessing no blessing for me.. Cannot proceed to step 2) b:sad

same.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • highliterrobot
    highliterrobot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hoping you have chrome because the other browsers are more complex, and I don't know how different adblock plus is from adblock:

Go to your adblocker options and if it's like adblock there should be a way to customize/manually edit your filters. Adblock has a specific tab for it.

In the spot to manually edit your filters enter one of these two options:

perfectworld.com/templates/common/js/global_redirect.js

or

global_redirect.js

One or the other SHOULD work. Once you've saved that the page should load as it used to. Keep in mind this will only work so long as the original page still exists.

Cheers.
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Don't think you're talking about the Jones Blessing via Facebook ? But how do you get this now - since the new Arc website has appeared there doesn't seem to be a way of getting it? b:question
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    starfever wrote: »
    Don't think you're talking about the Jones Blessing via Facebook ? But how do you get this now - since the new Arc website has appeared there doesn't seem to be a way of getting it? b:question

See: this link. Blessings are now obtainable via the Arc client whenever a person wants them without needing to spam facebook.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Do you have to install Arc?

I logged in, clicked my name, and "Redeem Key" option wasnt there...b:surrender
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Yes. It's from Arc's client, not the website.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am hesitant to install arc client because i dont want to go trough any kind of difficulties dual clienting in window mode. Will there be difficulties ?
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Nope.

You don't need to have Arc running at all to play and can easily leave Arc closed while opening the client the old fashioned way.

In fact, multiclienting on Arc is nothing more than letting Arc open one... and then running the second the way you would without Arc. Almost all the people who have issues with it have said issues from trying to open Arc a second time instead of just opening a second PWI client directly.