Intro - NEW Community Manager - SparkieSoft

123457»

Comments

• Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have to say Sparkie, you are following the footsteps of your predecessors. They do not give any warning, information about important things. Neither do you.

The dq page issue, was a simple thing. It was going to be taken down, in december. The page and points are still being updated, just that most can not access due to redirects,

This is what you promised on 30th jan
    Oh I understand completely. I'll hopefully have information tomorrow, but if I don't, I'll let you all know that as well.
    That was never fulfilled. Most of the users are finding no blessing, or dq rewards.

Passing a deadline, and saying whoops, 2 months later, does not constitute a warning, especially if previous systems are still active.

As a new CM, you made a horrible start so far. Seems like everyone becomes a keyboard warrior here, no one stands by their words.
  • JePoY - Lost City
    JePoY - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Welcome b:pleased
    No Pain, No Gain.
  • Mistyfied - Sanctuary
    Mistyfied - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have to say Sparkie, you are following the footsteps of your predecessors. They do not give any warning, information about important things. Neither do you.

Lies. Spoons was awesome, and Sparkie is still relatively new. I'm very upset about the redirection to ARC, but I feel that Sparkie isn't the one to blame just yet.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    An attempt to be totally fair -- if we have several CMs that 'keep information from us', isn't that just a sign that the employers are just tard bags?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lies. Spoons was awesome, and Sparkie is still relatively new. I'm very upset about the redirection to ARC, but I feel that Sparkie isn't the one to blame just yet.

I don't know how PWI offices work. I would assume, even if you keep in touch informally with the website people, they will tell you over a coffee break, oh hey dude, we are doing some changes to the site, giving you a heads up.

There are ways to find out information, but if people don't want to, that is their business.

Spoons was before my time i joined the game, so can't say anything about him/her.

The dq page can still be accessed without the redirect happening. Just need a bit of know how on webpages. So you can see why some of us are disappointed at this half hearted attempt to create a "new" website.
  • ortini
    ortini Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Again, thank you all for the warm welcomes. Let me see if I can hit on some questions asked:

1. I do plan on re-activating the title thread. I realize a lot of you are passionate about it, so I'm going to do my best to keep it up-to-date. That said, I have to learn how to give out titles, so I'll be looking into that today.

2. Yes, I will also be on Arc, but mainly for content creation...for now at least. If you have any questions or have issues with it that I can help with, by all means let me know.

3. Every morning I come in, I'll be checking for any new bugs I can find. I've been compiling a list, and yes I even have the ascension issue, as well as the summoning-pet-while-flying issue written down. That said, I can't promise any fixes because that's usually done on the developer side. What I can say though, is I will listen, and I will do my best to make these issues known, even if it means bringing them up every time I can. I will also do my best to keep you all in the loop, even if it means I don't have any updates regarding those issues.

I think I hit most of the common questions, but if I missed any, feel free to let me know.

you asked:

veno lycaeum broken, could start with control + attack before, now have to log out and back in to make it start

November 2013 dragon orbs/other stuff giveaway, several people including my 2 accounts got nothing, I was working the day it came out and it was shut down before I was even aware of the reward. Hyperstones are not an acceptable substitute. I would like at least the dragon orbs on my 2 accounts please.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On that note... there was a red message stating to screen your absence/signin at the end of january for characters who's attendance was flawed due to the unintentional rollback. I did so, but thus far we've not gotten any info on what to do with those screenshots.

Another well known bug that really should be fixed:
    - Any combo with an "instant" type skill in it often freezes up. I get the sneaky suspicion the game doesn't detect that the skill has been used and doesn't move on to the next one. Skills I know that trigger this bug:
    * Alter Marrow (Blademaster)
    * Diamond Sutra (Blademaster)
    * Blade Affinity (Seeker)
    * Wings of Protection (Cleric, not Archer)
    There are probably other skills that do this, but these are for the classes I've played. I think all classes with a casting and channel time of 0 are affected.

To reproduce: Add the skill to any combo and trigger the combo. The combo will freeze up right after the instant-type skill. For instance, a Seeker combo with Blade Affinity followed by Gemini Slash (a popular combination) will freeze up before Gemini Slash is done.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ortini wrote: »
    you asked:

veno lycaeum broken, could start with control + attack before, now have to log out and back in to make it start

November 2013 dragon orbs/other stuff giveaway, several people including my 2 accounts got nothing, I was working the day it came out and it was shut down before I was even aware of the reward. Hyperstones are not an acceptable substitute. I would like at least the dragon orbs on my 2 accounts please.

I don't think asking the new cm for orbs is going to make it happen. I don't think you're going to like it, but if they were going to give the orbs out to those who missed out it probably would've happened by now.
    On that note... there was a red message stating to screen your absence/signin at the end of january for characters who's attendance was flawed due to the unintentional rollback. I did so, but thus far we've not gotten any info on what to do with those screenshots.

Another well known bug that really should be fixed:
    - Any combo with an "instant" type skill in it often freezes up. I get the sneaky suspicion the game doesn't detect that the skill has been used and doesn't move on to the next one. Skills I know that trigger this bug:
    * Alter Marrow (Blademaster)
    * Diamond Sutra (Blademaster)
    * Blade Affinity (Seeker)
    * Wings of Protection (Cleric, not Archer)
    There are probably other skills that do this, but these are for the classes I've played. I think all classes with a casting and channel time of 0 are affected.

To reproduce: Add the skill to any combo and trigger the combo. The combo will freeze up right after the instant-type skill. For instance, a Seeker combo with Blade Affinity followed by Gemini Slash (a popular combination) will freeze up before Gemini Slash is done.

Add Inner Harmony for a sin to that list.