Free Blessings

Options

Comments

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I can't rage quit, because I'm not actually angry b:chuckle
    I'm angry about sexual assault and social injustice, I'm only mildly irritated by ARC.
    I'll take Blessings til I can't take them anymore, then I'll deal without them. I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about 30 attack levels. My Sin's blessing wore out today and I just used the 30 minute ones a couple times and had no problem at all.

Just today, a friend told me they downloaded ARC to get the blessings due to the issue, and had problems with it. People are unable to use it at all, or it causes critical errors with Perfect World causing regular disconnections and other troubles. Now I don't know if there's a correlation or causation relation between one thing or the other, but I am seeing that -some- people are having more trouble after ARC then they were before ARC, and few to none are saying their gaming experience has benefited from this new software. Isn't the goal of the company to make your gaming experience better? So far, experiment = fail.

Social injustice? Oh please. This game is full of your social injustice.

Arc runs fine here. I suspect that any issues people are having is the result of their PC's configuration more than anything. Almost all the hate is just a major overreaction and not justified. Arc has made it easier to get blessings and other items. Think about it. How long have we all been told to avoid using 3rd party websites to get in-game **** and yet PWI used Facebook to get in-game ****. I'm glad that FB requirement is gone.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I really like how the page reads as "Hey guys, this was our plan all along! Worship us." instead of "We broke things again, whoops?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    *Arc goes Live...

*PWI is fully aware that a vast majority of its playerbase despises ARC, thus PWI wants to entice them to download ARC, but not lose them as clients.

*PWI decides that the blessings page should be ARC based, so that more clients are enticed to download ARC.

*The sudden and massive installment of the ARC system gives the impression that ARC is greatly liked, and off to a great start (based purely upon installments.)

I am aware that PWI this is not the fault of Sparkie, nor any Mod, so I will NOT blame them for this, NOR is this section of my post directed at them... however, as has been mentioned numerous amounts of time, COMMUNICATION on issues would really be nice. I have a hard time believing that this page was suddenly disabled, and that NO ONE knew about it, yet an arc based contingency plan is already in place...conveniently when ARC goes live. This is another nail in the coffin for this game. I'm not saying that I'm putting it down just yet, but please understand that what you are doing in this game, and the tricks played on your playerbase are not a good move. This is an OLD game, and those of us who are still playing are doing so because we ACTUALLY like the game, and want to see it prosper. Keep something in mind...as much as we like this game, there are numerous other games out there. You're running away your clients PWI. This is from a player that left twice before from your bs moves,...and I'm a player that isn't afraid to leave again. One of the few reasons that your old game is still as active as it is is due to people having friends in this game. You keep running people away, and those friends leave...when those friends leave, other players get more bored and disinterested...when that happens, those friends often end up on a different game. Due to the forum rules, I won't say which...but I've met several former PWI players on a multitude of different games...who game up PWI for a variety of reasons,...so think about your actions. You'll find your sword to be double edged....

That said, thank you for at least putting a code, and something that we can use. I'm curious as to what the workaround is too. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Here's an idea for the future...

Why not have an NPC that gives out blessings daily so we can just get them in-game? You could use Jolly Jones and take away the useless dragon point quest he currently has. Or even add them to the Roll Call NPC at one page per blessing trade. That way we wouldn't have to fill our mailboxes and could quickly grab a new one anytime.

For now, I'm sticking with the workaround.

Edit: the workaround, for those that don't know, is to use an adblock program on your browser. On Firefox at least, you just right click and choose Block Image, then enter into the Custom section global_redirect.js which will remove the redirect window so you can access the page as normal. It works for DQ page also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    *Arc goes Live...

*PWI is fully aware that a vast majority of its playerbase despises ARC, thus PWI wants to entice them to download ARC, but not lose them as clients.

*PWI decides that the blessings page should be ARC based, so that more clients are enticed to download ARC.

*The sudden and massive installment of the ARC system gives the impression that ARC is greatly liked, and off to a great start (based purely upon installments.)

I am aware that PWI this is not the fault of Sparkie, nor any Mod, so I will NOT blame them for this, NOR is this section of my post directed at them... however, as has been mentioned numerous amounts of time, COMMUNICATION on issues would really be nice. I have a hard time believing that this page was suddenly disabled, and that NO ONE knew about it, yet an arc based contingency plan is already in place...conveniently when ARC goes live. This is another nail in the coffin for this game. I'm not saying that I'm putting it down just yet, but please understand that what you are doing in this game, and the tricks played on your playerbase are not a good move. This is an OLD game, and those of us who are still playing are doing so because we ACTUALLY like the game, and want to see it prosper. Keep something in mind...as much as we like this game, there are numerous other games out there. You're running away your clients PWI. This is from a player that left twice before from your bs moves,...and I'm a player that isn't afraid to leave again. One of the few reasons that your old game is still as active as it is is due to people having friends in this game. You keep running people away, and those friends leave...when those friends leave, other players get more bored and disinterested...when that happens, those friends often end up on a different game. Due to the forum rules, I won't say which...but I've met several former PWI players on a multitude of different games...who game up PWI for a variety of reasons,...so think about your actions. You'll find your sword to be double edged....

That said, thank you for at least putting a code, and something that we can use. I'm curious as to what the workaround is too. Lol.

Let me translate all this: "QQ I'm being forced to use PWE's software to play a game that PWE owns. QQ"

Come on, people. Arc has been in the works and we've all known about it for ever a year. None of this is a surprise.

• SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Love the Arc ;D f:grin
    Ty for the Free charms and the blessing codes f:victory no more Fb spams
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have to agree that I found the FB spam posts very annoying and I'm kind of happy now I can redeem blessings without my FB getting spammed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have to agree that I found the FB spam posts very annoying and I'm kind of happy now I can redeem blessings without my FB getting spammed.

I always deleted them, they don`t deserve free advertising, besides it probably annoys other people seeing the spam all the time.

Also, never thought I`ll come to this but my mail is so stuffed with blessings, I can`t even put anything in the AH....
  • piranhakeet
    piranhakeet Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Slick little under handed tactic there PWI. Or, how can we sorta force/steer people into downloading some **** they don't want. Would it have really been that hard to make blessings available through the basic web page, or in game? No, it wouldn't. That's not what this is really about? Is it? Instead, this is a gimmick to coeorce people into something many do not want. This is 3rd party software and I don't feel it's necessary. It's not. It's a me too, tag along company trying to create a market to justify their existance. Furthermore, if you uninstall a game, you find the 3rd party **** they forced on you doesn't go along with it. Like punk buster anti cheats. You'll find this **** imbeds itself deep into your system and damn near impossible to get rid of. Obviosuly, they don't want you to get rid of them, they want us to need them, to fund them. We must obey. I don't like trickery and gimmicks software manufacturer's use to get you on their gambit. It's bad enough we tolerate the fact that you USE US to advertise on Facebook. Granted, we do get a blessing, so it's something I live with, but let's not forget, we ARE doing you a favor. It helps us win in game, you win where it really counts, at the bank. Money, real money. And that's what it all comes down to on your end. I get that. It's a business. To make money. Don't forget, you bite the hand that feeds you, the hand stops coming around. And that's business 101. Not about to rage quit this week, but something I'll keep in mind as new games come out. I will remember these "little things". Stack enough little things, it gets too easy to dismiss it all together. Humm, wonder what's happening on MMOHUT today, I better go check it out. BTW, anything requiring Steam to play is immediately dismissed.
    b:angry
  • piranhakeet
    edited February 2014
    Options
    By continuing to browse Arc Games you are agreeing to use our cookies. Get more information

Oh really? Gee imagine that. Oh I'm soooooooo surprised by this. Who would have guessed.
    b:shocked
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    By continuing to browse Arc Games you are agreeing to use our cookies. Get more information

Oh really? Gee imagine that. Oh I'm soooooooo surprised by this. Who would have guessed.

f:tired If you weren't lazy and read it, it clearly says it gathers information like system specs and browsing information (WHICH YOU CAN OPT OUT OF).

Minecraft does the same f**king thing, why are you upset?
    f:brick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Also, never thought I`ll come to this but my mail is so stuffed with blessings, I can`t even put anything in the AH....

They did warn you.

You also can't receive any system mails (aka anything a GM would send in the mail or any rewards from things like DQ points or code redemptions or charge rewards and the like) when you fill up your mailbox. At least not until you clear it out.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • piranhakeet
    edited February 2014
    Options
    f:tired If you weren't lazy and read it, it clearly says it gathers information like system specs and browsing information (WHICH YOU CAN OPT OUT OF).

Minecraft does the same f**king thing, why are you upset?
    f:brick

I don't play minecraft, wtf? And I call BS, played too many games for too long, I've seen my share of 3rd party me too, add on's. There's the **** you do see, and the **** you don't see. Then there's the whole inability to delete this **** half the time. This can often times, be second cousin to a virus or malware. Damn near impossible to get rid of. Even after uninstall, this **** lingers. And you know it. Better, only download and install that which makes it work. No add on's, no extras. Even on regular programs. It's not smart to just go downloading a bunch of music edit software. Video software, file management, etc. Much of the time, uninstall doesn't get rid of everything and generally effects the system registry, which uninstall never fixes. The registry entries will still be there. You need to be careful just downloading all sorts of **** on the computer. But you knew this, right? I'm very particular what gets installed on my machines, and for good reason.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    They did warn you.

You also can't receive any system mails (aka anything a GM would send in the mail or any rewards from things like DQ points or code redemptions or charge rewards and the like) when you fill up your mailbox. At least not until you clear it out.

Let`s try :P Gonna send smth. from DQ rewards.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I like Arc... am I the only one? Most game companies have a client-based system with which to launch their games... hell even Big Bad Blizz has one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I like Arc... am I the only one? Most game companies have a client-based system with which to launch their games... hell even Big Bad Blizz has one.

^. Aeria, Steam, Nexon as well.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OOh and EA (QQ Origin how I hate you), annnd... Probably some others... people are just afraid of keeping with the times, I for one am happy with PWE moving away from their ancient systems into something a little more stream-lined and nice. Besides, ARC works great its not even slow anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OOh and EA (QQ Origin how I hate you), annnd... Probably some others... people are just afraid of keeping with the times, I for one am happy with PWE moving away from their ancient systems into something a little more stream-lined and nice. Besides, ARC works great its not even slow anymore.

I like Origin QQ. When I reformat my computer, it makes it easier for me to get my Sims back without finding the discs D:.
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    przfighter wrote: »
    No need to stock up. This code will run for a while. If we ever need to change the code, we'll let you guys know ahead of time and post the new code before the old code is taken down.

f:spew AHAHAHAHAHAHA Right good one.

Oh you were serious? f:laugh Still don't believe you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This sucks but I'm sorry when you first suggested I download arc, I did. I have since purchased a new computer due to arc crashing the old one, thanks but no thanks.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This sucks but I'm sorry when you first suggested I download arc, I did. I have since purchased a new computer due to arc crashing the old one, thanks but no thanks.

Yeah sounds like a computer issue not an Arc issue. My windows is a virtual machine, with limited access to my computers actual resources, Arc does nothing to mess it up. Sounds like there was more than arc that was the issue to your last computer....
  • _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver
    _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yeah sounds like a computer issue not an Arc issue. My windows is a virtual machine, with limited access to my computers actual resources, Arc does nothing to mess it up. Sounds like there was more than arc that was the issue to your last computer....

Sorry I uninstalled it as I had nothing but problems with it as well, another thing no one is trying to mention, is that the way I know it, it seems to cut out dual client. b:shutupb:angryb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I know many people who have had nothing but problems with arc. Computer=Works Great...install arc, Computer=Crashes sounds like an arc problem to me.
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Sorry I uninstalled it as I had nothing but problems with it as well, another thing no one is trying to mention, is that the way I know it, it seems to cut out dual client. b:shutupb:angryb:bye

Oh yuck no duel client either? I don't need a blessing that bad.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options

Omfg...Really? Just about every freaking website out there uses cookies that do the same thing and you're going to go bat **** crazy because PWI now does it? Just uninstall the internet and become a hermit.
    Oh yuck no duel client either? I don't need a blessing that bad.

I've been running duel clients with arc open just fine. Have no idea why some people claim it can't be done. Maybe they need to upgrade from windows 2.0 because Arc works fine here.

• GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have had no problems with Arc and my computer is about 5-6 years old, plus it's not built for gaming.

I guess some people are not good with change.
    f:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I guess some people are not good with change.

Not every change is a good change!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

You can dual client the old way. You don't need Arc to launch the game and/or launch a second client.

Most of the time, the issue arise from people not configuring spyware/firewall or anti-viruses well or being unable to turn them off properly while installing Arc. As far as I've seen from some people, their systems asks them to turn those off temporarily while installing Arc. I didn't encounter it personally though so I don't know how true it is. It downloaded and installed in less than 5 minutes and hardly see any difference on my laptop, with or without Arc.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Not every change is a good change!

This is a neutral change. It is neither bad nor good. Although it is nice to be rid of that old redeem page.
  • kinzert
    kinzert Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I can't find where to redeem the code. I log in and click my name in the upper right where there is supposed to be a drop down with the option to redeem key, but that option is not there. Anyone have a suggestion?