where to go from here

Options
geochris
geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Assassin
So I am trying to decide what I want to go for next as I improve my demon cultivation sin.

This is my current build http://pwcalc.com/5193f2691d067eec
All extra stats I got from reawakening went into more dex.

I mostly use it for farming/PVE. I will do the occasional NW if I decide to stay up late. I just don't know exactly what do go for next. I have about 450m coins at the moment between gold/coins/items for sale which hopefully will grow depending on how my merchant does. I was planning on getting a lunar -int cape (the g13/tradeable one) as I have almost all of the mats for it already. After that I was wondering about getting full r9rr armor as I am still super squishy. I would need more badges but I have all the molds.

I do not have demon: Twin Strike, Raving Slash or Puncture Wound

What would you suggest that I get next or upgrade? Skills, R9rr armor, what?
Thanks for your input.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Refine your armor and ornaments.

I have non-reborn 8X arcanes and LA with similar (and in a few cases greater) HP and defense than you do. Meanwhile you're using a +10 weapon that essentially screams "give me all the aggro".

After you've dealt with bulking up your defenses then you can worry about shards or whether or not you want a full set of R9 for what is, essentially, a PvE character.

Outside of gear, focus on those defensive passives from reawakening as they'll be the most useful for you overall at this point.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I suppose it also depends if you want to change what you are doing.

Full R9 doesnt come with my -int. Its good for PvP but not so for farming.

Another option would be to get R8r chest, boots and legs. If you get single -int on both the chest and boots (25 and 250 average rerolls respectively) you have the same APS with some more HPs, not too special. If however you can get double int on the chest (1 in 2500 rerolls iirc) you will be 5APS with your r9 weapon. Of course it requires an awfull lot of rerolls and will cost you on average the same as R9. But i dont see much use for full R9 for a farming sin :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So you think further refining the TT99 neck/belt/wrist/boot beyond +6 is worth the cost? Will it make a big difference in survivability?

All of the bloods I am getting are going to increasing the defence passives.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    With +8 (relatively cheap to potentially free depending on your event gold and luck) on all your armors, you'd get to 7.5k HP unbuffed. +8 on the ornaments would be a very noticable improvement, on the other hand.

At full +10, however, you'd have 9k HP and 7k pdef unbuffed. Quite a useful improvement over your current setup. And, naturally, this excludes getting better shards as that's not really that big of a deal for a farming character. That combined with the boost meridian, nuema, war avatars, and buffs bring to the table would allow you to go through much more on your own without needing to be as strict to keep yourself alive. You would still take heavy damage from magic attacks, but that's what mdef charms are for and you'd likely out-heal that damage easily without any fear of being outright 1-shot or killed due to a seal/stun/other debuff hindering your attacking for a short period and causing death.
    (Insert fancy image here)