tips for getting squads.

Options
Zeeshtrian - Raging Tide
Zeeshtrian - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Wizard
hi, i've taken a break from my wizard for a long time, but i'm making it my main again. please post some tips for skills and services that will make it easier to get into a squad as a wizard :)
Post edited by Zeeshtrian - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I would say that in most cases people don't really care anymore which class you are when they try to fill the last spots in their team.
    But maybe I'm wrong...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wizzards dont have key skills that are wanted for squad. People take a wizzy when they have space for you or they wont if they need something specific like barb,cleric,BM(hf),sin(bp),veno(purge). Not much you can change about it.

Pre level 100 it is hard to find squads. at 100+ it should be easy.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I would say that in most cases people don't really care anymore which class you are when they try to fill the last spots in their team.
    But maybe I'm wrong...

^That. Honestly I don't think many people care what class people are when making squads, as long as you got someone to tank and possibly heal (depending on the situation/instance) most just want to fill the rest of the spots with whatever DDs come their way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Frostblade!

With PW trying to balance the game by removing melee's natural benefits (stacked aps, dps) they've created quite a few phys immune mobs in Seat, Aba, AEU, and EU. They also have added anti-melee bosses who require ranged/skill attacks to do full damage. With these types of attacks the boost of frostblade damage becomes quite noticeable.

It's a melee buff. Please use it. I've seen so many nubly wizards who either don't use it, or use it only on casters. One of my favorite pwi moments was asking a wizard to fb me several times on my blademaster in which he told me "there's no point to fb", then when we ran into the phys immune dino in seat I couldn't apply my stuns. The wizard got aggro and died. I wasn't going to waste 3 sparks to dragons breath and stun when he could have easily given me frostblade.

We understand it's like 3-5% more damage. That damage boost helps give melees more bloodpaint heals, helps us keep aggro off of squishies and you guys alive, and helps things die just that much quicker. It's the only squad buff you have that really sets you apart from other classes. I know it's a jerk move but it's also fair; I've avoided giving barb and bm buffs to wizards that don't use frostblade. Frostblade is also one of the little things that make me go "hmm, I wouldn't mind having that wizard back" or make me want to completely ignore their next squad request.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    LF Sexy wiz for NW/BH/FS,AEU,EU, and Under Current :P

When people ask on world chat for DD's BH SoT* just list your class, they will choose if they need you or not. :)

Example
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If you see a psy making squad, PM asap. They love wizzie's Undine f:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    hi, i've taken a break from my wizard for a long time, but i'm making it my main again. please post some tips for skills and services that will make it easier to get into a squad as a wizard :)

Look for squad with tank and cleric inside, if squad has these, then squad leader can invite any other class.
    If squad has not cleric (such squads with tank exist now), then your character will be not resurrect after death.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Pm people that are looking for DD or magic DD, you are a DD so yea, more and more people ask for magic DD, so it shouldn't be that hard to find squads.