New DQ System Suggestion Thread

Comments

• defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited January 2014
    Can we unsticky this because 99% of all suggestions go unheard of.

This thread is highly valuable to us as we keep updating our list of suggested changes. Thus, it shall stay stickied for easy viewing access.

I see some people are on the fence as to if we need a dq system at all and I must admit I personally sympathize with them. The idea of expanding/revamping the Event Boutique is highly appealing (imo), as much of the game could be improved by making the Event Boutique a larger part of the game, especially concerning promotions, events, etc.

I do not make the decisions, however, so I will continue to log all your suggestions until it is time for us to review them all and decide on the final structure.

Unfortunately, there is nothing new for me to report on this topic as of yet, so I shall go back to ninja mode.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Will we at least get a date when then DQ page goes down..? Like, say a week before...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • ON_oFF - Lost City
    ON_oFF - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Greetings PWI community,

We here on the PWI team have indeed been reading the forum posts/threads on this subject, and have been collecting as much information as we can for what's to come. We hear your voice, and know we are taking heed. However, I cannot give an exact date as to when the new system will be launched, as details are still changing due to the new system still being worked on.

We have not released a blog post (as of yet) on what's to come due to this reason. We rather not post something that is constantly changing every week, thus confusing everyone until the release of the new system.

As such, I can only at this point give out the following information:

-There is a new system being worked on to replace the DQ system

The reason we have decided to phase out the current DQ system, is that it frankly wasn't living up to our standards in terms of reliability and consistency. Many problems with the DQ point update system and reward redemption flow would all too often have issues, giving both you and us many headaches. Thus it has been decided to create a brand new system that can be much more stable for the future.

I will be updating this thread as I gain concrete information that I can pass on to you, the community.

Until that point, we'd love for you to give us your thoughts on what you personally would like to see in the new DQ system, because as has been mentioned, it has not been finalized yet.

We still have time to make changes before its release.

Please, discuss and I am open to PMs. (not only Genotypist!)

Updates:

-Current points will not carry over to the new system.
    -That being said, we WILL give ample warning for when the current DQ system will be taken down. You will have plenty of time to use the points you have acquired up to that point.

Keep the random dyes and bring back the rep that was in there...make it more useful items..honestly the **** you had in the old one wasn't overly useful unless it was random dyes or the Demon/Sage event card.

=) also why are the current DQ pages not updating..my hasn't updated since the 21st, i sould have like 200k DQ
  • Zhenmax - Archosaur
    Zhenmax - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This thread is highly valuable to us as we keep updating our list of suggested changes. Thus, it shall stay stickied for easy viewing access.

I see some people are on the fence as to if we need a dq system at all and I must admit I personally sympathize with them. The idea of expanding/revamping the Event Boutique is highly appealing (imo), as much of the game could be improved by making the Event Boutique a larger part of the game, especially concerning promotions, events, etc.

I do not make the decisions, however, so I will continue to log all your suggestions until it is time for us to review them all and decide on the final structure.

Unfortunately, there is nothing new for me to report on this topic as of yet, so I shall go back to ninja mode.

cool, PWI always love us. :) i cant wait to see what's inside the box of this new dq system. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luceria - Lost City
    Luceria - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm kinda sad to see the old one go we were trying to get the vampire set before it went down but its not even updating the points so whats the point? The main thing we used it for besides the fashion, was the random pigments and the makeover scrolls. I'd love for the dq coin go back up to at least 50 coins or something, rather than just one. People keep saying how great the demon/sage card was but never used it. I would love like others to see a rotation, that way i can spend my saves points if there's nothing there atm, or if im not needing pigments.
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I personaly look forward to the new a stystem and seeing the cool stuff added i seen some reat ideas posted on this forum i hope mine persoanly is one of the ones picked it would be 100% Sweet but regardless i am looking forward to it and hope to see it soon
  • Salmonslappa - Morai
    Salmonslappa - Morai Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't force a pointless and unsafe program that doesn't work correctly on us aka ARC.
    Don't make it only possible to obtain DQ rewards from said useless program.

Rework the dq system, fine that's not a problem but give us a method to obtain them from something other than using ARC.

Sure arc is a great program from your companies perspective as it allows your customers to see all your games and access from one place, but that doesn't mean your customers all want it. Don't force it usage...

different rewards? well there's really only 2 that people use anyway, event gold card and random dyes.

add more items to the event gold listing, simple.
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We should be able to NPC Tokens of Best Luck for DQ points
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree but with some minor tweaks. 1-5 event silver for 1 dq is a very small amount. we currently get more than that at the moment (if all your buying is demon sage event cards). But, it would be a lot easier on the system if it just rewarded one prize (probably less site problems too). I feel like the same amount of dq points should be needed for all the current prizes. example, a makeover scroll or random pigments, should stay the same amount of dq that is already required (about 29 dq100 for makeover, 15 dq100 for a pigment) ... so making the adjustments of how much event gold they cost would need to be evaluated and not made some random overpriced amount.

currently, a demon sage event card costs 1429 DQ100. that means 29 DQ100 would equal about 1 event gold. that means 1 DQ100 equals about 29 event silver. back onto the makeover scroll - that should still cost 29 dq100 which would be 1 event gold, and pigments would be about 51-52 event silver. And then of course, lesser level DQ items would be less event silver.

I think you messed that up. 5000 event silver for 1429 DQ items is right. That works out to 3.5 silver per item (5000/1429). 29 items per event gold is not the same thing as .29 event gold per item (where you messed up). it's really 1/29 event gold per item = .034 gold = 3.4 silver.

I am glad someone agrees with me though. The event boutique has the advantage of being accessible in game so you can do things like replace your charm in the middle of combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Even DoD agrees b:cute

Pull some strings and make it happen. b:thanks

Though I'm sure in reality the new DQ system is only being implemented as a way to force people into using ARC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _evil_angel - Heavens Tear
    _evil_angel - Heavens Tear Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i say these because they are not as good as the token crab and herb items so it wouldnt make getting them a better alternitive but allow for a way to aquire semi usful pots for those who dont have a way to aquire the better token alternitives. sense 70-90 level pots cant be aquired from buying from an npc.. i think these would help.
  • SLICIM - Raging Tide
    SLICIM - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i think a good twist would be like Ecstasy Card or excitment cards alot of us cant afford to buy gold to sell and mob drops vary little coins so start dq points or TT point or some kinda point set to get better coins
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i say these because they are not as good as the token crab and herb items so it wouldnt make getting them a better alternitive but allow for a way to aquire semi usful pots for those who dont have a way to aquire the better token alternitives. sense 70-90 level pots cant be aquired from buying from an npc.. i think these would help.

or a better idea bring back the
    multi-flavored jacuzzi
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/19234
    and the Sesame Yuanxiao
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/ms/items/19238
    since you cant get them from packs anymore, was only in the first ani-packs and make em trade-able like the original ones where.

I would love to see those in the new event boutique
  • Im_Not_Sure - Archosaur
    Im_Not_Sure - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    With a new DQ system does that mean changes to event gold system aswell? I am very unclear on all of this and it seems like it isnt and is at the same time. Seems like were getting all new event gold items, but our current event gold is staying so no need to tell us.

Anyway, I had to go to the current DQ page just to make this post b:chuckle I just buy my demon/sage cards and get on with it because I need the charms (eat 20+ a week) With the new system I think it is important to keep the current rewards that we like, aka random dyes and sage cards. Other things that come off the top of my head would be martial arts scroll, just about anybody who's anybody can use them. Hypers maybe? The different crab and herb looks like a good idea too, but since we get some input I cross my fingers we keep the charm combo
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    how long since it was in December that this should have been replaced and still nothing whats going on?
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Finally points updated on archer, at least some charms, now can work on fishy again. f:bike
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just a few thoughts of things to add to the new DQ page some of us would like socket stones and not in small useless number amounts for high DQ cost because endgame gear now takes a ridiculous amount of socket stones to socket. So please make a decent amount of socket stones stacks available per DQ amount spent.

Another thing to add to the new DQ would be "good" fashion only able to be acquired from the DQ page not from packs and not in game or any other way make it nice fashion to that way people would want to work to get it. Also please try to make it so that the fashion looks good in multiple colors so that way you can dye it and get a color you would be happy with rather then having a lame color.

A third idea to add things to the new DQ page would be like giving out Flier's for the older fliers that are no longer available such as older fliers that are no longer being sold in game like the Plume God which was acquired from the TW map tickets from mobs drops a rare flier but not exactly extremely fast but still nice or the Elijah and Ezekiel which were once sold in boutique and never re-added. How about the Elder of the Skies its an untamed mount an people love its looks its just not overly fast is all but it is almost impossible to get in game. Things like that are somewhat an idea to add.

Maybe add in guardian scrolls for those that enjoy pk and such that would allow for a use for even cash shoppers a reason to use DQ points or even none-cash shoppers more reason to pk for they may not want to use safety lock all the time and that would give them a way to not need safety lock and be able to acquire guardian scrolls.

How about put stones of refreshment or origination orders in the DQ points page as well some people may want to redo their genies and for free to play that kinda is very expensive at times.
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Greetings PWI community,

We here on the PWI team have indeed been reading the forum posts/threads on this subject, and have been collecting as much information as we can for what's to come. We hear your voice, and know we are taking heed. However, I cannot give an exact date as to when the new system will be launched, as details are still changing due to the new system still being worked on.

Updates:

-That being said, we WILL give ample warning for when the current DQ system will be taken down. You will have plenty of time to use the points you have acquired up to that point.

So, i may assume that the New DQ System has been decided and you all just forgot to give us Ample warning ? SNAFU/ BOHICA b:shutup
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, i may assume that the New DQ System has been decided and you all just forgot to give us Ample warning ? SNAFU/ BOHICA b:shutup

Nope, Sparky claimed ignorance and is very sorry. But don't worry he takes full responsibility. That's like rule #1 in customer service, the next part is to go over and beyond customer expectation to make it right. Doubt that will happen though because in the end PWE is just a garbage company with incompetent staff.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited February 2014

So much for ample warning...now people have all these DQ points that they could have used that are just gone.....ty so much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What are you talking about? The DQ system is still working, you just have to blast away that annoying auto redirect. Quick howto:
    - Use Firefox.
    - Load DQ page, press F12, quickly select the Debugger. This pauses the redirect countdown as all scripting on the page is halted. (If not press back and the timer will be stuck on 0)
    - Rightclick on that annoying thing and select "Inspect Element". Make sure it selects the entire thing.
    - In the inspector tab, remove the node "div:redirect-background".
    - The DQ page is now usable.

That said, given they're moving this along, I can't guarantee how long the actual DQ system remains active. Use those points ASAP. I just a few seconds ago managed to convert my remaining DQ points into do-all cards. If these instructions are unclear I can whip up a visual howto.

[Edit] Ah ****, posted it from my alt account. Main's Evryn - Morai.
  • macewen
    macewen Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    - Load DQ page, press F12, quickly select the Debugger. This pauses the redirect countdown as all scripting on the page is halted.

It did not stop the timer
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Then press back and the timer will be stuck on 0. Added to the howto :)
  • macewen
    macewen Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just remove the restrictions on the items on the DQ page and the Event Gold page. Allow us to trade and/or sell items as we please.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    SweetieBot, add 20 karma points to Evryn - Morai for being a genius.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014

SweetieBot, add 20 karma points to Evryn - Morai for being a genius.
    OK, boss!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OK, boss!

Lol. Well thanks. Let's try this again tho:

Sweetiebot give 20 points to Evryn - Morai!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014

You are limited to awarding only 10 points per request.
    Safeng - Sanctuary awards 10 points to Evryn - Morai!
    Evryn - Morai is now in 4th place for February 2014 with 10 points (10 points overall).
    Safeng - Sanctuary can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.

Evryn - Morai is now in 2nd place for February 2014 with 20 points (20 points overall).
    Safeng - Sanctuary can still award another 10 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.

Evryn - Morai is now in 1st place for February 2014 with 30 points (30 points overall).
    Safeng - Sanctuary can't award any more points until tomorrow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Elflynn - Heavens Tear
    Elflynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    WHY CANT I GET MY DQ REWARDS???????????????????????????????????????b:angry

I Do Not Like This Arc Thing!