Arc Redirect

Comments

• ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm looking into it and will post back with an update.

Thank God some1 with Common Sense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Installing Arc doesnt help anything, still no access to blessings or dqs and no dq replacement program yet. Im sure its in the works, i just hope that i can use the points i already had.
  • Nhymphel - Dreamweaver
    Nhymphel - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just want them to transfer my DQ points and the items you get with them into Arc... I could get around/over the whole thing if they would do something that simple for everyone...
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The fact that I can see the dq page with my points behind the redirect thing taunting me is really ticking me off... f:fume

I love how they gave us a warning ahead of time so we'd be ready for the new website! OH WAIT.... they DIDN'T.

Another brilliant move by the people up the ladder ladies and gents. -sarcastic slow clap-

You can use Firefox plugin requestpolicy to get to the pages, but everything is disabled from the server side. Even if you get past the popup, it's all disabled.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    Also just a side note until I get more information, Arc is not mandatory. This is just the website migration, nothing else for the time being.
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But when I click on select reward, server, or character, it takes me to the main pwi page...

Yeah, it's disabled from the server side on the dq rewards page, and then on the FB blessing page, they have it set up to redirect if you click on the character selection field.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, it's disabled from the server side on the dq rewards page, and then on the FB blessing page, they have it set up to redirect if you click on the character selection field.

I see, thanks for the info.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    too bad i cannot test it again because i did it earlier.
    use pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards and go to blessingpage from there, maybe it will work.
    if not than i don't know any other tricksb:sad

pwi like to troll us with such a sh.it
    will give the new title = blessingfinder +100 defence levelb:chuckle
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You guys do realize... that by changing the domain name they make their primary site on... they're basically telling us all "we don't want to be known as Perfect World Entertainment anymore," right?

I mean, it'd be awfully convenient to get away from all that "flagship game" baggage we silly customers guilt them with, don't you think? Perfect World? What's that? Never heard of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kyuushuu - Heavens Tear
    Kyuushuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    so, honestly my real question is blessings coming back or no...i understand it is'nt working now..but i think if we got a real answer that will settle alot of people down
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The blessing thing is a bummer.

We were warned about DQ page but not facebook at all.

Makes me even more glad that I have blessings stacked up.

You asked for examples of PWE's incompetence in another topic, all one has to do is wait and they provide.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    You asked for examples of PWE's incompetence in another topic, all one has to do is wait and they provide.

Way to drag something from a completely different scenario here.

My post in that topic even pointed out there was incompetence in areas other than what you were wrongly accusing them of.

Please, take that **** out of this thread instead of trying to act smug over something I already stated to be true while failing horribly to refute the point that was mode at the time.

On a more relevant note: This really should be dealt with. Anyone with blessings stacked is going to have a very notable advantage on those without for the next few months-years considering the stacks many have. If this isn't sorted out relatively soon, PWI will likely lose more than just facebook likes.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Good job PWE. Just out of curiosity... did your CEO ever happen to captain the Titanic in a former life?

Seems like those in power would want to keep their player base in the loop. I expect the forums will have an answer "soon".

Oh well... short and sweet...

b:cry b:surrender b:bye

SkogDyr has been remove due to PWE instability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miscarcando
    edited February 2014
    for the game balance itself, it would not change anything without blessings, but only when really no one can get it. so pwi can stop it and i don't need this **** fb sh.it. which i hate anyway b:chuckle
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    So here's the update. From what I can tell, both are gone, DQ and Blessings. Yes you should have been warned in advance, and for that I apologize. I did not know the redirect was going to have this affect on either of those, and we did not really talk about it here in the office beforehand. You expect better and I failed, so I will take it as it is.

With that said, there is a possibility that Blessings may come back, but I'm not sure how/when or through what. I don't want to give you false hope, so for now treat it as rumor and nothing more.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So here's the update. From what I can tell, both are gone, DQ and Blessings. Yes you should have been warned in advance, and for that I apologize. I did not know the redirect was going to have this affect on either of those, and we did not really talk about it here in the office beforehand. You expect better and I failed, so I will take it as it is.

With that said, there is a possibility that Blessings may come back, but I'm not sure how/when or through what. I don't want to give you false hope, so for now treat it as rumor and nothing more.

Really? That is your solution?? This is bull****. Only thing I can say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    for the game balance itself, it would not change anything without blessings, but only when really no one can get it. so pwi can stop it and i don't need this **** fb sh.it. which i hate anyway b:chuckle

This happens every time when PWE manages to mess something up. In this instance, PWE had attempted to give us warning back in what, November? September? Even back then they told us it would just be the DQ page to be taken down -- as they plan to replace it with something more stable for them to work with.

Now here we are, with not just the DQ page being taken down, not just the Blessing page being taken down -- But the Entire domain? Why? Why not even slightly mention this in the forums? News spreads like a damn wild fire, give us a drop of info and we can make a pool.

If something is happening, tell us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So there's no temporary reversal for an ultimate DQ points claiming? It's bothersome.
    If only the remaining points were taken into account to be transferred to the hypothetical new system... Oh well, I'm sure it's a empty wish.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The warning was several months ago. Its been almost 2 months since we were suppose to spend our points. With plenty of 2x going on since then of course lots of people have gathered up a lot of new DQ points that have now been stolen from them by PWI.

Wouldnt it just take a few minutes to remove the redirect from http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards and http://pwi.perfectworld.com/facebook so that people can spend their last points and get new blessings? I think that would be a good temporary fix and would create a lot of goodwill towards PWI that you do actually listen to us players and care about us.

Mistakes happen but when mistakes are followed by a slap in the face they hurt.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is unacceptable. You gave us no warning and some people can still access the page. Give ALL OF US a fair chance at redeeming our last points and get some blessings. We deserve at least that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Really? That is your solution?? This is bull****. Only thing I can say.
    Hey, at least he's being honest about it. More so than most of his predecessors, at any rate.

That being said:

I know you're busy, but I need to request your full attention onto this question for a minute: Is this the start of a larger sweeping change in PWE? As I said on the last page, this is ringing all kinds of alarm bells for me. It really seems like this is the start of a corporate rebranding. After all, why call yourselves PWE anymore if it shackles you to your failing "flagship?"

Throw me a bone, here. I'm never one to play chicken-little on these forums. But the writing on the wall is staring me right in the face here. Tell me I'm mistaken...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Way to drag something from a completely different scenario here.

My post in that topic even pointed out there was incompetence in areas other than what you were wrongly accusing them of.

Please, take that **** out of this thread instead of trying to act smug over something I already stated to be true while failing horribly to refute the point that was mode at the time.

On a more relevant note: This really should be dealt with. Anyone with blessings stacked is going to have a very notable advantage on those without for the next few months-years considering the stacks many have. If this isn't sorted out relatively soon, PWI will likely lose more than just facebook likes.

No It's not volunteer. My comments were about the incompetence of this company as a whole.

I cannot help you edited your post in the original after the fact.

You did however want proof and I'm merely pointing out another fine example where it popped up. Wouldn't have been right to post it in the original.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014

There was a blessing of 75 days (was for an anniversary iirc) can you guys manage to send that to ALL players on all server so at least for the next 2 months and half EVERYONE have at least an O'malley?
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Give a Blessing of 30 attack and 15defence that doesnt Expire thatd make me Happy b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wow no more jones omalleys b:surrender

What are the next best blessings that can be used . . .
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wow no more jones omalleys b:surrender

What are the next best blessings that can be used . . .

The teacher ones. xD
  • Sercia - Sanctuary
    Sercia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So here's what going to happen right

People that didnt wanna spam this ****, make tons of facebook accounts to promote are going to get ****ed in PvP, which is for a lot the only thing still keeping them in the game / working on their PvE stuff.

These people have spent a **** ton of time, and because you guys suddenly decide to stop the blessings without a warning at all they are instantly a giant leap behind the ones that did.

Your going to lose a lot of loyal players over this decision..
  • miscarcando
    edited February 2014
    @Lolgasmic

you have damn right here, 100% agree!
    i play since 03.2010 on RT, mostly every god damn day and never saw so much confusing and problems as we had the last 6 months around.

......to be continued.........hopefully not b:sad
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just have them add it to the treasure box thing that we can get every 7 days as either an O'Malleys or a Jones.

As for DQ, I redeemed most of mine, but the sentiments of the masses of not giving a warning of at least 24 to 48 hours is a unacceptable. Yes we were told it would be coming to an end, but in the end we were not told when.

Sparkiesoft I feel for the heat you will be getting, but your bosses are complete imbeciles, and no matter the future games PWI or whatever it will be called now come out with, even if its rated 10/10, perfect, awesome, brilliant, etc. PWI is the last game I will play under the PWIarcgameswhatchamacallitwhateveritis with how management treats its playerbase.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyrinrayne
    kyrinrayne Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Never seen a company with such miserable customer service. This new redirect is the worst thing I've seen your company come out with. Coupled with the fact that the "new" site won't allow the user to do anything but down load you game or send tickets just makes for an Epic Fail. Now to top that all off with the broken promises you made your customers. You PROMISED us a new DQ system would be in place before the old disappeared. You PROMISED us fair warning would be given before you took it down. Telling us yes we'll take it down in November then leaving it up until mid February is misleading. Say what you mean and mean what you say. I think one of the peps in WC on DW server has the right of it.
    Everyone please go to Facebook and Dislike PWI. Maybe with enough Dislikes they'll get the idea in a hurry and put back the old system until they can properly roll out something that works.

Thanks for the HUGE disappointment