Arc Redirect

Zanryu - Lothranis
Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Looks like Blessings and DQ points are down for the count, was this premature or something? If it's not then springing the Arc site on us and forcing a redirect on pages like the blessings without offering an alternative way to obtain them is a bit... I don't think I really need to explain.

I haven't had the chance to fully explore as I'm in FSP at the moment, is there a way to obtain the blessings through Arc? If not then. You know. Yeah.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
Post edited by Zanryu - Lothranis on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Retalation - Raging Tide
    Retalation - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Knowing how it works, expect to see blessing/DQ site back in 1-2 months.

A nation of QQ is about to rise!
  • LiQQy - Sanctuary
    LiQQy - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have to agree, forcing us to visit another site is just BS.
    We cant get a blessing or use our DQ points anymore.
    Wheres the dislike button. b:bye
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014

I've been aware of the DQ rewards being removed since November. That isn't the point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited February 2014
    Kitty tried to look around the arcgames-site and couldn't find any ways to get FB-blessing. If it's ARC-only, then this game ish done for Kitty. This time there's nothing to bring Kitty back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    Lazaraes - Archosaur Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The fact that I can see the dq page with my points behind the redirect thing taunting me is really ticking me off... f:fume

I love how they gave us a warning ahead of time so we'd be ready for the new website! OH WAIT.... they DIDN'T.

Another brilliant move by the people up the ladder ladies and gents. -sarcastic slow clap-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lyzbeth
    lyzbeth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have to agree, forcing us to another site is just BS.
    Wheres the dislike button. b:bye

unlike PWI's Facebook page .. forcing us to go to another site is BS .. how do we get to the DQ page or get our blessings?

Is PWI really gonna take the chance of loosing players over a webpage? really?
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    b:surrender at least they could put the facebook blessing thing on the arc website.

but i dont see it there...

• marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Time to Unlike FaceBook
  • Sercia - Sanctuary
    Sercia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Man this new arc thing so hard to navigate...
    That the DQ is gone is one thing
    But the PVP Rankings gone?
    Facebook-Connect gone?

Some ppls where enjoying pk to rack pk kills and check them...
  • latonia24
    latonia24 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, we were warned about the DQ, but we WEREN'T warned about the blessings. IDK if they're even planning on fixing it. bah. They could at least post the info so we know wtf is going on. b:angry b:surrender
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Time to Unlike FaceBook

Blessings do seem like the only reason people would willingly like PWI on facebook.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zalaf - Sanctuary
    Zalaf - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just tried to get myself a new blessing and it worked try again maybe something just broke
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    The blessing thing is a bummer.

We were warned about DQ page but not facebook at all.

Makes me even more glad that I have blessings stacked up.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    they are so damn stupid..let unlike Fb nowwb:angry
  • crustydude
    crustydude Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I usually don't get too bothered with the ups and downs of PWI enhancements, but this Arc re-direct, coming as it did with no warning and apparently little thought for the loss of website functionality, is most disappointing. Tsk, tsk, PWI.
  • FluffyPanda - Raging Tide
    FluffyPanda - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    maybe something just broke

Something breaking? PWE? Never!
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited February 2014
    Kitty has uninstalled PWI completely from her PC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know, I despise people that go "OMG I'll never charge again!11", but you know what. That's it. PW isn't gonna see another cent from me after this bull****.

Not only are they forcing us to use arc, which we never wanted, they keep breaking their promises over and over. I think my money is better off with that other MMO. At least they care about their customers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Other note, facebook connect still works. I was able to get to the blessing page and it updated my facebook page but I cant redeem a blessing because of the obnoxious thing that pops up forcing me to arcgames.com.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    At lest they could have done is taken the time to warn us.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been aware of the DQ rewards being removed since November. That isn't the point.

I agree... :$ i focused a bit too much on the dq portion of your post, I just think that it was only a matter of time before they removed the page completely.

Obviously though it still sucks that it was removed before they had something else in place, hopefully there will be something new to replace both pages sooner rather than later.

(I never stacked on the blessings, but I also don't really care that I didn't... while they are obviously useful, I have made do (on numerous occasions) playing/doing just fine without a blessing. The same goes for my barb for the most part I can hold aggro fairly well assuming the dds are smart enough to not go hog wild on the boss before I have it under control. *Cough* toad boss stunning, someone attacking stealing aggro even though i used stomp of king/flesh ream/alpha male. *cough* )
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We need a GM response now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    I agree/ :$ i focused a bit too much on the dq portion of your post, I just think that it was only a matter of time before they removed the page completely.

Obviously though it still sucks that it was removed before they had something else in place, hopefully there will be something new to replace both pages sooner rather than later.

(I never stacked on the blessings, but I also don't really care that I didn't... while they are obviously useful, I have made do (on numerous occasions) playing/doing just fine without a blessing. The same goes for my barb for the most part I can hold aggro fairly well assuming the dds are smart enough to not go hog wild on the boss before I have it under control. *Cough* toad boss stunning, someone attacking stealing aggro even though i used stomp of king/flesh ream/alpha male. *cough* )

It's pretty lame of them if this was intentional, I prefer the 30 attack levels to not having them. I feel like people are jumping on the hate wagon a little early, but their anger is justified.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well this is quite frustrating.

I'd wish they would give us a heads up regarding changes like this. b:sad

But based on Sparkie at the moment, the re-directs went live today, but the players didn't receive notification that there will be one. He's currently looking into it now.
  • Zalaf - Sanctuary
    Zalaf - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Might want to mention to him that not everyone gets the redirect. In my faction its about 50 50 split of people getting redirect and people not.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What a surprise!!! PWI that doesn't communicate with the players. I'm shock. b:shocked

It's PWI, I'm not even frustrated about it, can't get blessing without ARC? Well let's try ARC, ARC suck? Well let's just leave the game.
  • jaymzi
    jaymzi Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What a surprise!!! PWI that doesn't communicate with the players. I'm shock. b:shocked

It's PWI, I'm not even frustrated about it, can't get blessing without ARC? Well let's try ARC, ARC suck? Well let's just leave the game.

As far as im aware, you can't get a blessing WITH arc.

Blessings can no longer be obtained by some people, but others dont get the redirect and therefore they can and are currently stacking up as much as possible.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ <- still works fine for me but I have to enter the address manually (or bookmark it).

Stills sucks though....there are a lot of people that don't want this yet they keep ignoring the facts, the polls, the threads, the complaints.

I actually downloaded ARC on my laptop albeit I don't use it. I only use it to redeem codes etc. but as long as I don't need it to start up the clients I'm fine with it. It's not too bad I guess but they really need to do something about the site...
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★