bringing quest boss to event is permitted?

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Unless you can find a more recent post by a CM/GM saying pulling bosses to events is permitted, then the old rule in the thread I linked on page 1 stands. Just because a CM left, doesn't make his rulings invalid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • jamesstall
    jamesstall Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes it is a bannable offense, but how can a rule continue to be a rule without enforcement?

Like so many others, this rule hasn't actually been enforced for years.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    The rule has not changed, so please don't do it. Thank you.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not finding excuses, i'm proud of luring it, hf not getting money nubs.
    And yes, your behaviour on a videogame is about the same as in real life, you are being crybabies about a freakin boss you don't even try to DD.
    It's not like any of you are noobs trying to get into the event, because noobs don't even know about this event. You are just making alts to get money over other people, good for you, that's fun for you? Looks like we don't have fun the same way.

"this went off topic, the whole topic was weather the luring of boss was permitted or not"
    Are you really trying to give me lessons btw Mr. Weather? So credible.
    a 12 year old kid has room to grow up as opposed to a 12 year old mentallity adult whos beyond help which seems to be alot of the PVP players b:surrender Common sense eludes them till a GM voices in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014

Saved for future threads. b:chuckle
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey, just noticed Sparkie ditched the rockface avatar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Thank you! b:chuckle
    jamesstall wrote: »
    Yes it is a bannable offense, but how can a rule continue to be a rule without enforcement?

Like so many others, this rule hasn't actually been enforced for years.

It's because PWI generally doesn't care until there is a problem. There are so many rules and controversies in PWI that are not written anywhere on forums OFFICIALLY. People have to make guesses.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    It's because PWI generally doesn't care until there is a problem. There are so many rules and controversies in PWI that are not written anywhere on forums OFFICIALLY. People have to make guesses.

This wasn't one of the them though, people just wanted to believe it wasn't true. But they really ought to make the rules more visible.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    This wasn't one of the them though, people just wanted to believe it wasn't true. But they really ought to make the rules more visible.

Yes this is one of them. Like the previous post it was made in 2009. So people joining in year 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 will have to rely on word of mouth and rumors to learn all these "imaginary rules". If you don't want it to happen, enforce and reiterate the rules. Otherwise don't expect players to comply 100% of the time. I'm sure not even half the people on my server go on forums.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited February 2014
    Yes this is one of them. Like the previous post it was made in 2009. So people joining in year 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 will have to rely on word of mouth and rumors to learn all these "imaginary rules". If you don't want it to happen, enforce and reiterate the rules. Otherwise don't expect players to comply 100% of the time. I'm sure not even half the people on my server go on forums.

If you don't bother to even attempt to look up whether or not it is true, then reiterating it in threads wouldn't solve that problem and you'd have to take someone more knowledgeable about that type of things word for it anyway. Assuming a rule isn't true just because it is old, when there has been no indication that it has changed, and people have been banned on your server for failing to follow similarly old rules, is just not a good way to go about doing things. The best way would be to ask a mod to get a GM to confirm it hasn't changed. Or to search for any changes on your own. The source of the rule was shown, and then rejected by some people. That's just wishful thinking when there isn't any reason to believe the rule is otherwise. But I do agree that a list of these rule in official announcements or something could clear up the confusion for new players.

• MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I did said in the past that there should be a section with the specific rules so people don't think it's just rumors or myths.

Stuff like veno/mystic pulling a boss trough a door, veno/mystic killing boss from the air, bringing bosses to a sz, etc... all that kind of specific stuff that people think are rumors while they are ''rules''.

Just that thing about mystic/veno killing from the air, majority think it's not true that's it's bannable while other claim it is. No one really know cause it's not written anymore.

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    I did said in the past that there should be a section with the specific rules so people don't think it's just rumors or myths.

Stuff like veno/mystic pulling a boss trough a door, veno/mystic killing boss from the air, bringing bosses to a sz, etc... all that kind of specific stuff that people think are rumors while they are ''rules''.

Just that thing about mystic/veno killing from the air, majority think it's not true that's it's bannable while other claim it is. No one really know cause it's not written anymore.

Well if you read the ToS, this subject would fall under griefing players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited February 2014

If you don't bother to even attempt to look up whether or not it is true, then reiterating it in threads wouldn't solve that problem and you'd have to take someone more knowledgeable about that type of things word for it anyway. Assuming a rule isn't true just because it is old, when there has been no indication that it has changed, and people have been banned on your server for failing to follow similarly old rules, is just not a good way to go about doing things. The best way would be to ask a mod to get a GM to confirm it hasn't changed. Or to search for any changes on your own. The source of the rule was shown, and then rejected by some people. That's just wishful thinking when there isn't any reason to believe the rule is otherwise. But I do agree that a list of these rule in official announcements or something could clear up the confusion for new players.

So players have to physically search through threads in order to learn the rules of the game? That's not even convenient nor is it rational to conclude that ALL players would have the mental capacity to follow this behavior. I don't remember the day I signed up on this game that bold letters was right in front of me "Please search through forums and learn all the rules of the game in order to not get banned".

In addition, there would be no assumptions needed if PWI actually enforced all their rules. Look at all the glitches and exploits in the game. Big one: Dragoon FC glitch. How many were perma banned or even banned at all? It is not the players problem but the people who actually enforce them. If there are no punishments that follow a bad behavior than the mass will continue to commit offenses. It's basic psychology.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited February 2014

The veno thing is considered glitch exploitation. But I agree these lists should absolutely be more prominent. I just disagree completely that if you've been linked a GM response, you should ignore it because it's old. When there has been no indication at any point in time that the rule has changed.

So players have to physically search through threads in order to learn the rules of the game? That's not even convenient nor is it rational to conclude that ALL players would have the mental capacity to follow this behavior. I don't remember the day I signed up on this game that bold letters was right in front of me "Please search through forums and learn all the rules of the game in order to not get banned".

In addition, there would be no assumptions needed if PWI actually enforced all their rules. Look at all the glitches and exploits in the game. Big one: Dragoon FC glitch. How many were perma banned or even banned at all? It is not the players problem but the people who actually enforce them. If there are no punishments that follow a bad behavior than the mass will continue to commit offenses. It's basic psychology.

Like I said, the rules should be more prominent. People shouldn't have to search for them. But that's different than claiming because a rule is old, it's not valid anymore and you don't have to listen to it. If you're read the rule, handed it within minutes, and still believe it to be untrue. Then that is your fault if you break it anyway and get banned. You've no longer got a leg to stand on when it comes to ignorance of the rule, because you just refused to believe but it was clearly stated by someone with the authority to decide these things and not just another player. There needs to be better enforcement of these rules though, and they should be displayed more prominently for ease of use.

edited February 2014
    Well if you read the ToS, this subject would fall under griefing players.

Okay let's say someone start to play the game and pick veno as class, little baby veno get a sawfly cause he loves bees. Bees are pets that can fight from the air so do players, so let's say our baby veno need the culti boss Gouf and go there by flying and once arrive there and see the boss decide to try from the air to see if he can solo or not (easier to fly away if alreay in the air) and OH!!! SURPRISE!!! he can solo it from the air, little veno is happy, little veno have no clue he did exploit the game and might even suggest to the next baby venos to do it.

Then one day baby veno hear that it's against the rules to do that, so lil veno come on forum and find no official info about it, lil veno did it in game without any ****, how could it be exploiting the game? Aren't veno suppose to be able to kill from the air?

How lil veno is suppose to know that killing from the air is exploiting the game?

By reading the TOS on griefing players?

No I'm sorry, but there's no where in the TOS that say that killing bosses/mobs from the air is an exploit.

50% of the players say it's against the TOS, the other 50% say it's not, people don't know if it's true or not cause cause there's nothing in the TOS about those kind of specific situation.

The TOS is really incomplete a lot of people turn the rules at their advantages cause a lot of rules are not specific.

The veno thing is considered glitch exploitation. But I agree these lists should absolutely be more prominent. I just disagree completely that if you've been linked a GM response, you should ignore it because it's old. When there has been no indication at any point in time that the rule has changed.

Like I said, the rules should be more prominent. People shouldn't have to search for them. But that's different than claiming because a rule is old, it's not valid anymore and you don't have to listen to it. If you're read the rule, handed it within minutes, and still believe it to be true. Then that is your fault if you break it anyway and get banned. There needs to be better enforcement of these rules though, and they should be displayed more prominently for ease of use.

The problem with the old rules is they are not in any stickies, they are in old threads of 2008-09 that even with the search option can be hard to find. People shouldn't have to take 3 hours to dig in old threads to find if a specific thing is against the rules or not.

If thoses rules are still working then they should be able to be find in a sticky thread on the forum about specific rules that can be forgotten like the veno/mystic pulling trough the door in BH29, veno/mystic killing from the air.

And the thread could be edit to remove/add rules.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited February 2014

Like I said, the rules should be more prominent. People shouldn't have to search for them. But that's different than claiming because a rule is old, it's not valid anymore and you don't have to listen to it. If you're read the rule, handed it within minutes, and still believe it to be untrue. Then that is your fault if you break it anyway and get banned. You've no longer got a leg to stand on when it comes to ignorance of the rule, because you just refused to believe but it was clearly stated by someone with the authority to decide these things and not just another player. There needs to be better enforcement of these rules though, and they should be displayed more prominently for ease of use.

Yeap! I agree with you. This is the first time I've been exposed to the rule (Join date 2012) and now I won't do it in the future, even though I wasn't even the one who committed the offense.

It's just sad that people have to rely on word of mouth to learn invisible rules that are potentially bannable. I also feel sorry for the ones who do not use forums or the home website at all other than getting a blessing. It's quite a common consensus that you're not allowed to exploit a glitch at all because it's a normality for all games. But things like luring a boss to kill blue names is something you wouldn't know until you've done your research.

Especially when this occurred in a PVP server where killing players is a normal way of the game.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Okay let's say someone start to play the game and pick veno as class, little baby veno get a sawfly cause he loves bees. Bees are pets that can fight from the air so do players, so let's say our baby veno need the culti boss Gouf and go there by flying and once arrive there and see the boss decide to try from the air to see if he can solo or not (easier to fly away if alreay in the air) and OH!!! SURPRISE!!! he can solo it from the air, little veno is happy, little veno have no clue he did exploit the game and might even suggest to the next baby venos to do it.

Then one day baby veno hear that it's against the rules to do that, so lil veno come on forum and find no official info about it, lil veno did it in game without any ****, how could it be exploiting the game? Aren't veno suppose to be able to kill from the air?

And this is where I have to cut ya off some.

The exploit isn't attacking from the air. It's doing it in a specific manner that glitches the boss in a way that keeps it from fighting back. Which is something that won't happen every time you attack from the air.

Little baby veno sends the pet to the boss normally and it fights back? Perfectly fine. When the boss monster just sit there and take the damage without doing anything? Wouldn't you even consider for a moment a thought of, "Hey that's weird. Shouldn't this boss be fighting back or running or something other than standing still"? At that point, it'd be a good idea to ask around and they'd be informed about it and could warn others in the future.

Granted, that sort of logical thinking isn't normally applied but the fault lies with both parties here.

PWI needs to make the smaller nuances in the rules more visible for everyone... and the players need to not skip reading them like tends to happen with... most rules online all over the place.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited February 2014

It's just sad that people have to rely on word of mouth to learn invisible rules that are potentially bannable. I also feel sorry for the ones who do not use forums or the home website at all other than getting a blessing. It's quite a common consensus that you're not allowed to exploit a glitch at all because it's a normality for all games. But things like luring a boss to kill blue names is something you wouldn't know until you've done your research.

Can you believe that some people got banned in game for asking on forum about those unwritten rules?

''Is it true that killing Gouf from the air is bannable?''

*Banned*

''WTF I was just asking if it was against the rules, I didn't do it...''

*If you ask it's cause you did it*

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Can you believe that some people got banned in game for asking on forum about those unwritten rules?

''Is it true that killing Gouf from the air is bannable?''

*Banned*

''WTF I was just asking if it was against the rules, I didn't do it...''

*If you ask it's cause you did it*

Now that'd be kinda stupid on the part of the banner if that were to happen.

Seems more like the kinda troll logic the people here use when anyone disagrees with them about anything. >.>
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »

Seems more like the kinda troll logic the people here use when anyone disagrees with them about anything. >.>

Wha!? Our community has troll logic?

YOU LIE! *sulks in corner*

---

Kidding aside, I do believe the original posters question was answered.

It is NOT permitted, screen shot who you believe did this, and send in a ticket.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited February 2014

PVP servers are full of em why just look at this whole thread b:pleased
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited February 2014

The exploit isn't attacking from the air. It's doing it in a specific manner that glitches the boss in a way that keeps it from fighting back. Which is something that won't happen every time you attack from the air.

Little baby veno sends the pet to the boss normally and it fights back? Perfectly fine. When the boss monster just sit there and take the damage without doing anything? Wouldn't you even consider for a moment a thought of, "Hey that's weird. Shouldn't this boss be fighting back or running or something other than standing still"? At that point, it'd be a good idea to ask around and they'd be informed about it and could warn others in the future.

Granted, that sort of logical thinking isn't normally applied but the fault lies with both parties here.

PWI needs to make the smaller nuances in the rules more visible for everyone... and the players need to not skip reading them like tends to happen with... most rules online all over the place.

But this "luring boss" rule isn't even a glitch. PWI allowed it to be lured farther away to the other ends of the world map. You can't compare something like venos making bosses not fight back (which is a glitch, btw) versus something that the game itself allowed. Of course it's logical not to exploit a glitch when found, but when you do something that the game mechanics allows itself and (apparently) bannable, then who is it really at fault here?
    PVP servers are full of em why just look at this whole thread b:pleased

Yes yes because this thread wasn't posted by a PVP server member but a PVE member, right? Of course it's weird that PVP members are posting on a PVP server post.
    edited February 2014

We are speaking about PWI here, PWI is populated with stupid people that don't even know how to play their own class and you want them to think that far?

You can't make stupid people think smart as some people just play the game to have fun, they attack the boss from the air and the boss don't fight back? Do you think the person will stop flying to go on the ground waiting the boss to attack them? They will just finish it like that and pass to something else without even thinking one second that they just exploited a glitch of the game.

That game is full of glitches, it's hard for some people to tell what is glitch or not.

Half of the population use the FC glitch on the second boss and the sad thing is I think they don't even realize anymore that it's exploiting the game cause a lot do it and no one ever heard of ban on that, which in my opinion glitching the second FC boss is worse than a veno killing from the air, the veno don't know and doesn't move the boss somewhere to don't get hit, the sin (or w/e class) know that they are glitching the boss, they are moving the boss with the intention of not getting hit back.

People even world chat ''Need someone to glitch second FC boss pm me pls''.

• ovenusarmanio
    edited February 2014
    We are speaking about PWI here, PWI is populated with stupid people that don't even know how to play their own class and you want them to think that far?

You can't make stupid people think smart as some people just play the game to have fun, they kill the boss from the air and the boss don't fight back, do you think the person will stop flying to go on the ground waiting the boss to attack them? They will just finish it like that and pass to something without even thinking one second that they just exploited a glitch of the game.

That game is full of glitches, it's hard for some people to tell what is glitch or not.

Half of the population use the FC glitch on the second boss and the sad thing is I think they don't even realize anymore that it's exploiting the game cause a lot do it and no one ever heard of ban on that, which in my opinion glitching the second FC boss is worse than a veno killing from the air, the veno don't know and doesn't move the boss somewhere to don't get hit, the sin (or w/e class) know that they are glitching the boss, they are moving the boss with the intention of not getting hit back.

People even world chat ''Need someone to glitch second FC boss pm me pls''.

I agree there needs to be somewhere it's posted. You'll never here me argue otherwise. I don't mind that the rules are intentionally vague for wiggle room and discretion of the GM team. But some of these rules really ought to be posted in the official annoucements

But this "luring boss" rule isn't even a glitch. PWI allowed it to be lured farther away to the other ends of the world map. You can't compare something like venos making bosses not fight back (which is a glitch, btw) versus something that the game itself allowed. Of course it's logical not to exploit a glitch when found, but when you do something that the game mechanics allows itself and (apparently) bannable, then who is it really at fault here?

Right, I don't think a person is exactly wrong if they didn't know better. But to claim it isn't against the rules even after being proven it is against the rules, just because the rule is old, was my objection. Once that happens, anyone who read it and still claims it isn't against the rules because old rules don't apply anymore? I'd have no sympathy if they got banned. Ignorance of the rules is totally possible for some of these, but not once it's been laid out in black and white for you. In addition, I object to this rule being one of the ones that weren't findable. This one was still not that hard to find and was linked immediately for the OP. There are rules like the one they just stickied about PVP servers where the rule is pretty much completely lost unless you know exactly where to look. Even I have a hard time finding exactly where they said it. That's not a good thing and it's all the reason that they need an official place for these.

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Yes yes because this thread wasn't posted by a PVP server member but a PVE member, right? Of course it's weird that PVP members are posting on a PVP server post.

What's sad it there is a lot of bosses that can be killed without getting hit back, or they get hit so little/slowly that a ranger/mage can kill the boss/mobs with an insane amount of ease solo. (Obviously it isn't the case for every boss/mob in game, but still it is sad that there are mobs/bosses that are like this in game.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited February 2014
    what on earth are you babbling about lol, learn to read.
    No one said this thread is full of pvp posters

not saying all, but more or less in the context of lacking a few screws that enable common logic till a gm butts in and the ability to conjure up absurd logic that clearly would be an exception.
  • ioana5123
    ioana5123 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ok guys,once again this went off topic to what i asked.please don't write things that aren't related to my question. The administrator answered the question and i saw is not permitted. hope the luring will stop b:sad
    edited February 2014
    Wha!? Our community has troll logic?

YOU LIE! *sulks in corner*

PWI has trolls? b:shocked

• Total_Faith - Lost City
    Total_Faith - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's a solution to this now because of rebirth.
    Take one of your retired level 100 toons that's wearing rank 8 or HH99 from the old days and rebirth them and keep them blue name.
    At level 20 something they should be able to wear all their armor (maybe not their weapon).
    now you got a bad azz blue name to pick up loot and can handle boss AOEs wearing lvl 99/100 gear.
  • ioana5123
    ioana5123 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's a solution to this now because of rebirth.
    Take one of your retired level 100 toons that's wearing rank 8 or HH99 from the old days and rebirth them and keep them blue name.
    At level 20 something they should be able to wear all their armor (maybe not their weapon).
    now you got a bad azz blue name to pick up loot and can handle boss AOEs wearing lvl 99/100 gear.

yes that's good idea for 100+people,but what about those under 100? for them is a problem and some are quite squishy and die from boss aoe