AnnyeLany - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Assassin
good morning everyone
I'm a few days researching the system
self-cultivation, and can not understand
I saw some videos of people talking and showing how to set up
put my self-cultivation for yourself and anything after a few minutes
and I end up dying with my character
can explain me what can make my character stop beating?
I usually open plan in place so that the character does not catch on
stone, wood, or any object of scenery
thank you

cnob.jpg
Post edited by AnnyeLany - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can you show or describe the macros you're using?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We'll need some more information:
    - What class are you using?
    - What level are you?
    - What are you fighting?
    - What skills/combo are you fighting with?
    - What skills/combo do you have in support at what interval?
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • AnnyeLany - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    We'll need some more information:
    - What class are you using?
    - What level are you?
    - What are you fighting?
    - What skills/combo are you fighting with?
    - What skills/combo do you have in support at what interval?

already added the image of my self-cultivation and my macros
  • AnnyeLany - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    help-me b:cryb:cry
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmm, your setup looks good to me so I'm not sure what could be wrong.
    What is your bp level? Seeing you set the rebuff time to 500 seconds, sometimes mobs can interrup your bp casting, and then another 500 seconds need to pass before your sin casts it again... If your bp have ran out in meanwhile, there is a good chance that will cause to death. Personally I have set the rebuff time so short my sin casts it everytime she have enough mana.
    This is a test
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You're gonna have to answer all of those questions if you want some valid responses. What level are you? What's your gear like? What mobs are you attempting to grind? Are you using a charm/autopot?

Having a setup with just bp and auto attacks will work only if you overpower the mobs to begin with. It's not just always gonna work for everyone in every circumstance. Are you dying while afk.. have you sat their and watched for a min or so to see how your toon does? If everything is working properly and you still die then your sin is just too weak. It could be you're being pked. You could be running into a world boss.

You need to provide real information instead of just QQing for help. My apologies but the OP just comes across as extremely lazy.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    More questions:
    - What level bp do you have?
    - What is your -int?
    - Are you charmed (HP/MP)?
    - What mobs are you fighting? (And is it in a high traffic area such that people would want to **** up your bot?)
    - Are there any bosses nearby? (Ship Captain Smythe, possibly from the screenshot.)

A couple of things you may want to add:
    - Spark Eruption (level 2 or 3, depending on what is available to you): this will restore a good chunk of hp as well as give you increased damage and bp heals for the next couple of mobs
    - Shadow Teleport: Useful in case your character gets stuck.
    - Focused Mind: You could adjust your assisting macro to be Bloodpaint + Focused Mind and drop the cast time down to every 5 minutes or so. This would cover getting interrupted when you cast bp as well as grant some extra defenses. It'll hit your mp hard tho, so it's use is dependent upon your particular set up.

Skills to not use:
    - Wolf Emblem
    - Shadow Jump
    - Windpush
    - Maze Steps

If you're still having trouble and aren't there when your bot dies, you may want to turn on the damage log to get a better insight to the problem.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    good morning everyone

cnob.jpg

Alright, lets go over the 2 main things.

First is your attack macro. You need to add the "walk around" command which is beside the auto attack command in the combo's window. Put that as the first skill then auto attack as the second. This is basically a loop command that will go through each skill listed then start from the beginning again. If you do not do this and your auto attack is interrupted (mobs do this randomly and quite a lot but sin's high evasion evades this mostly) your toon may not start attacking again. This is used a lot with spark macro's on sin's on various bosses.

Next, I should ask this before commenting but how long does your bp last. One problem with the assist slot is if you get interrupted the bot will not try the skill again until the timer ticks again.

The other thing is level/gear and mobs you are grinding on. Use pwcalc.com to show your gear unless this is a under lvl 80 toon.

Also what Mantille posted above will help with sparking, this is also dependent on your level. Triple spark (89+) is overkill, single sparking would be the best bet, for time lost sparking and for hp regen. When I tested this method on my catabarb(restated dex/str) with partial aps gear standing, single sparking worked the best.

b:victory
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    First is your attack macro. You need to add the "walk around" command which is beside the auto attack command in the combo's window. Put that as the first skill then auto attack as the second. This is basically a loop command that will go through each skill listed then start from the beginning again. If you do not do this and your auto attack is interrupted (mobs do this randomly and quite a lot but sin's high evasion evades this mostly) your toon may not start attacking again. This is used a lot with spark macro's on sin's on various bosses.

Auto-cultivation will loop your macros automatically, so it's not needed in this case.
    This is a test
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited February 2014

False. Ending a combo with "Standard attack" means it will continue beating on the enemy with the standard attack until it's dead. Ending a combo with a skill causes it to loop through the combo until the enemy is dead. Walk around simply positions you near the enemy without attacking it - useful only if you want to stealth snipe it, or need to be in front of something before using a skill.
    Think of "Standard Attack" like Vortex or Dragons Breath: It's a skill that doesn't end until the enemy is down.

I've had occasional freezes on my BM as well. Resolved them by setting a combo of triplespark and Li's Technique (for chi replenish) at a 15 second interval. Triggering the support skill forces the main attack combo to be redone from scratch.
    Another thing I've found is that sometimes the game seems to "skip" a slot in the main combo if a skill with a shorter channel then cast is used, and the game is a little laggy. It may seem odd, but try to make your main attack combo 8x "Standard attack" (IE drag the attack icon to all 8 slots). This helped a lot in preventing freezes on my BM. Still happens on occasion though, but that's probably because I also need to use instant-type skills...

Also, I see you're not using any Chi-draining skills. Why not add "Spark Eruption" in your combo somewhere? It'll restore some life and help you kill critters faster every now and then. Recommend: "Attack, Attack, Spark+, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack"

... need to find myself a Gorenox b:laugh

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    "Walk behind enemy" has nothing to with movement, and is, in fact, the loop command for macros.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited February 2014
    I've observed differently but will retest that on my BM when I get home today... Should be easy enough to do with a "attack - skill - attack - loop" combi. Meanwhile I am 100% sure that a combo without an auto attack skill at the end will auto-loop through autocultivation - my cleric is using that setup right now.

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    You need to put the loop command before the skills you want to be repeated in the loop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    I've observed differently but will retest that on my BM when I get home today... Should be easy enough to do with a "attack - skill - attack - loop" combi. Meanwhile I am 100% sure that a combo without an auto attack skill at the end will auto-loop through autocultivation - my cleric is using that setup right now.

It used to wouldn't loop unless you put the "walk behind" command at the beginning, this was fixed with the expansion. Macros skipping skills that were on cooldowns also came with this expansion, previously it would break the macro. Now it will loop regardless, I have a BM macro that is just attack, spark, attack with her claws for my auto-culti and she cycles through to the spark just fine. Particular mobs I grind on that one allows her to grind til her weapon breaks and requires no pots or charms.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    False. Ending a combo with "Standard attack" means it will continue beating on the enemy with the standard attack until it's dead. Ending a combo with a skill causes it to loop through the combo until the enemy is dead. Walk around simply positions you near the enemy without attacking it - useful only if you want to stealth snipe it, or need to be in front of something before using a skill.
    Think of "Standard Attack" like Vortex or Dragons Breath: It's a skill that doesn't end until the enemy is down.

"walk around" is mislabel, it is actually "loop". Before the expansion (I was just made aware this was fixed) you was required to use walk around to continue attacking if you were interrupted no matter if you used auto attack or skills in the macro. And Vortex is a skill not an auto attack. Vortex is similar that it can be interrupted but requires chi, mana and continues until you run out of mana, interrupted or the skill is canceled.

The only reason (pre-expansion) having just auto attack in the macro would continue until a mob was dead is because it was not interrupted.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz