Primal Devil Chiyu

Burnout - Harshlands
Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Mystic
Has anyone gotten this skill and tested it out? I'm wondering if it's true that it upgrades the Chiyu stun into a paralyze (ie same as unblockable barbarian knockdown).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
Post edited by Burnout - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That would kinda break the game, but one can always wish upon a star.
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited February 2014

A spammable troll stun? You mean barbs didn't already break the game?

Devil is already easily countered by the fact that it dies to just about every single autoattack or spell. If it takes you 1.5s channel and 1.5s cast to summon a chiyu that your opponent can destroy in under 1 second, that's a huge disadvantage for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Whatever you say bud :)
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can only imagine the qq if that were the case. Still I don't see the logic of giving an arcane class guaranteed stun. True or not, I really hope some mystic will sacrifice themselves for the higher good and go for the devil soon though. D:

Well that picture made my morning. f:hehe
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They already supposedly gave venos AOE paralyze via new Malefic Crush, but that has a bunch of drawbacks (3 min CD, chance of working based on soulforce) in addition to only lasting 2 seconds. Giving mystics this on Devil though is pretty...dumb. Like, it's not as bad as the barb skill, but it's still pretty bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Devil gonna be the last skill I will get (including the passives), so if someone have it or plan to get it soon it would e nice to get the description or a video. =3
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Admittedly, I only posted this to bait a mystic into getting Devil Chiyu and posting the results.

Though I'm still of the opinion that the devil stun can be easily countered by simply targeting the pet, but this is something that most people simply refuse to do for some reason...even though mystic damage can be pretty lackluster without sacs.

But apparently according to some people giving the pet a stronger stun = the end of the world b:laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Omg -_- post got deleted cause i went back... So here is the short version of my 400 word essay...
    Friend got it and it doesn't give a better stun, Tbh pirmal devil chihyu is useless due to the upgrade really only helping attack, You get more def by getting def passives.

I just got the upgraded weeping breeeze dance and i am loving it... Though it heavily depends on your soulforce and atm i only have like 23k soulforce and the chance for me to get buff is like 15%... :( Still when it procs it is realllly awesome. Instant cast absorb soul w/o the cost of going into channeling gear/rapid growth. + The 5 extra chi is nice.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    Well we were kindah expecting it to suck but who the hell uses the devil for damage? You really mean that its defense doesn't get improved at all? (outside of passives)

That percentage is kindah low :/ I hope it starts scaling up after that, I don't want to think you have to be full +12 to get the 50% chance >.> I assume you used instant cast as a metaphor and not literally? Cause that's a 2.5 sec difference.
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Seems like a 20% or 25% Increase for all the stats for devil chihyu, so yes it does increase. And yeah xD Not instant cast but about -96 Channeling with the -50%.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for your feedback.

Now I'm 100% sure to upgrade Chihyu after all the other skills, or maybe not upgrade it all, I'm gonna see.

Weeping Breeze looks fancy but this is really not cheap and I personally prefer to upgrade defense passives first.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Well we were kindah expecting it to suck but who the hell uses the devil for damage? You really mean that its defense doesn't get improved at all? (outside of passives)

That percentage is kindah low :/ I hope it starts scaling up after that, I don't want to think you have to be full +12 to get the 50% chance >.> I assume you used instant cast as a metaphor and not literally? Cause that's a 2.5 sec difference.

Well the average -channel most R9rr mystics have is around 25%, so without rapid growth it would be -75% channel time. It would be near-instant if you had rapid growth on though, which is where it matters, because weeping + nature's + procced absorb in under 4 seconds is a hell of a damage spike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Algiz - Dreamweaver
    Algiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    im the friend Xaner mentioned. I've had it for a few weeks now and i can honestly say im glad i got it. Hp gets an increase, pdef, edef and attack. Edef is identical to mistress, pdef is pushing 7k, and hp is pushing 7k as well. As far as damage, since i upgraded, folding strike rarely hits less than 13-14k ( i may want to add that im R9rr)

Its not end all be all god like, but its sent more than a few r9rr wizards running in nw when they catch me unaware, and its killed many lesser geared toons all on its own ( think tt70-99 with low refines, like 99% of the assassins on dreamweaver)

if i remember to sometime in the morning i'll take some screens of my mistress compared to the new devil and post them for you guys to look over.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2014
    Hp gets an increase, pdef, edef and attack. Edef is identical to mistress, pdef is pushing 7k, and hp is pushing 7k as well. As far as damage, since i upgraded, folding strike rarely hits less than 13-14k ( i may want to add that im R9rr).

Still sounds like an OS target for end-game toons, right ?
    But what was the phy def of the mobs you hit with 14k (according to the values I assumed it was in PVE but otherwise I would be interested by def level as well)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    im the friend Xaner mentioned. I've had it for a few weeks now and i can honestly say im glad i got it. Hp gets an increase, pdef, edef and attack. Edef is identical to mistress, pdef is pushing 7k, and hp is pushing 7k as well. As far as damage, since i upgraded, folding strike rarely hits less than 13-14k ( i may want to add that im R9rr)

Its not end all be all god like, but its sent more than a few r9rr wizards running in nw when they catch me unaware, and its killed many lesser geared toons all on its own ( think tt70-99 with low refines, like 99% of the assassins on dreamweaver)

if i remember to sometime in the morning i'll take some screens of my mistress compared to the new devil and post them for you guys to look over.

My chiyu has those same stats, and it's not even upgraded...

Without before and after posts, as well as testing whether gear transfer has been upgraded, there's really nothing useful to gain from your post.

Do you have any screenies of your devil stats from before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Algiz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Still sounds like an OS target for end-game toons, right ?
    But what was the phy def of the mobs you hit with 14k (according to the values I assumed it was in PVE but otherwise I would be interested by def level as well)

most of those 14k hits were on boss level arcanes in instances such as fc and warsong. As far as wizards and players in general, best i can offer i tested it for numbers on my bf's wizard (r9rr as well, low refine however) and it was enough that with stone barrier it was able to finish him within 6 or so hits. It was tanky enough that with a +10 weapon he couldn't oneshot it with anything less than a triple spark. In nw, it was sent after a r9rr +10 wizard, it took enough of his hp that he had to ignore me and kill it off of him, but by that time i already had absoul going and it was too late for him

My chiyu has those same stats, and it's not even upgraded...

Without before and after posts, as well as testing whether gear transfer has been upgraded, there's really nothing useful to gain from your post.

Do you have any screenies of your devil stats from before?

as far as before and after, sadly i don't. At level 1 2nd rebirth without wearing gear, before allocating stats it had a full 100 stat boost on every slot. as far as your devil's stats, i'd wager your base stats may be higher than mine, most of my gear is +6 atm, however my phys cube neck and my wand are both +10. Devils magic defense had a definite massive increase though, it used to be a oneshot for most arcanes that it came up against, but now it takes close to triple spark damage to do that, provided that im paying attention and healing it.

Here you guys go, my stats, mistress, and new devils. This is totally naked of buffs, and im wearing an Omalley's
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    i tested it for numbers on my bf's wizard (r9rr as well, low refine however) and it was enough that with stone barrier it was able to finish him within 6 or so hits. It was tanky enough that with a +10 weapon he couldn't oneshot it with anything less than a triple spark.
    Here you guys go, my stats, mistress, and new devils.

f:stare I don't understand...

Those stats definitely aren't the cause for what you described to happen. There has to be some other update like maybe it being treated as a player now and the 1/4 damage taking effect or something else idk... And that still wouldn't explain the high damage.

Thank you for informing us. Just raises more questions then before though f:worry
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I did check with my normal lvl11 devil and it's almost the same stats, so doesn't seems to have big change, it will be the last thing I do.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2014
    f:stare I don't understand...

Those stats definitely aren't the cause for what you described to happen. There has to be some other update like maybe it being treated as a player now and the 1/4 damage taking effect or something else idk... And that still wouldn't explain the high damage.

Thank you for informing us. Just raises more questions then before though f:worry

Totally this !

Here's the current stats of my Chihyu (no buff on me except Verdant Shell). Yours has only a little more Pdef than mine.

With those kind of stats, this is definitely a one (or maybe two) shot(s) for most players
    And I will have to check damage on FC bosses for example, but if I send my Chihyu to hit a R9.3 wizard, he will rather laugh than run or be scared...

So there is something weird.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Totally this !

Here's the current stats of my Chihyu (no buff on me except Verdant Shell). Yours has only a little more Pdef than mine.

With those kind of stats, this is definitely a one (or maybe two) shot(s) for most players
    And I will have to check damage on FC bosses for example, but if I send my Chihyu to hit a R9.3 wizard, he will rather laugh than run or be scared...

So there is something weird.

it could be that the damage of the skills has been tweaked somewhat. I know before my devil was lucky to hit like 6k on anything, but when those first 12 and 14k hits came up it was a shock to me too.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    Hmm after thinking about it for a bit, there are 2 stats that aren't listed. Attack and defense levels. Normally pets take 1/2 of what you have (at least for attack, haven't tested def but i assume it's the same), the multiplier could've been buffed. Could you please test the primal devil's atk lvls (as in de-equip your weapon and all of your gear untill u have 0 atk lvls and attack the same mob with and without jones' blessing) and post results. We'd be really grateful. f:beg
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    apologies for not replying for a day or two, went out last night with some friends for my birthday :D

anyway, tested it today on the damage tester with and without an o'malleys and no other gear

with blessing and folding strike
    9068 boosted

without blessing and folding strike
    8474 boosted
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    apologies for not replying for a day or two, went out last night with some friends for my birthday :D

anyway, tested it today on the damage tester with and without an o'malleys and no other gear

9068 boosted

8474 boosted

Seems consistent with gaining only half stats from attack levels. Can you post the skill description for folding strike? Perhaps the skill's multiplier was improved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Algiz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    it could be that the defense levels have changed, i'll devise a way to test that soonish.

folding strike: deals physical damage equal to 3 times that of the summon's basic Physical Attack.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited February 2014

9068 boosted

8474 boosted

Happy late birthday! :D

And yeah it seems to still be the same so I'm out of ideas on this one.
  • polgino
    polgino Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i know this has nothing to do with the new skills but....

anyone else notice that when using plants on a bigger boss or even thicket it doesnt work?
    plants will be so far away from the target and thicket the same so it wont do any damage....
    wish they would fix that. and another thing is.... we cant heal our own plants and a veno can heal mystics plants so weird.
  • Brigittelin - Sanctuary
    Brigittelin - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I ever saw it is not a stun. It's paralyze effect
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Happy Late Birthday Algiz :3

Anyway me and Algiz were talking and something crossed my mind...What about soulforce? Is it possible that now soulforce is affecting Devil somehow?
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    slightly OT, but I wish Invigorate affected the damage done by summons.
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    ty for the birthday wishes guys!

from observing and testing I've found that it seems the defense levels are still the same as before