Questions about Primal

Alphaben - Raging Tide
Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Seeker
I'm currently Level 97 first re-awakening, and I've been looking for answers in Primal but coming up short...

So I've heard a few rumors and I wanted to know if they were true...I imagine other people might want to know as well

1) Can Flowsilver Coins be traded for skillbooks
? Can it give demon/sage books? and how many coins are needed?

2) What do the passive skills at the mirror forge require to upgrade apart from the materials?

3) Would Chaos blade be worth getting? (it's the only merged skill I'm actually considering) If I have the sage version of the 3 skills?

4) Is Gravel Blade truly broken?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Alphaben - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1) I believe they can be traded for OBP/POF, so only indirectly for books.
    2) 100,000 spirit as well as the skill book for the passives for each level (skill book takes 2, 8 or 30 bloods to make, depending on passive skill.) Might take some coin too, I forget, but if so it's also 100,000 coins (only figure I remember seeing at the mirror for the passives.)
    I don't have a reborn seeker, so I'll pass on the other two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2014

1) Can Flowsilver Coins be traded for skillbooks
    ? Can it give demon/sage books? and how many coins are needed?

You can trade 2 coins for either 3 Pages of Fate or 3 Old Book Pages, out of which you need 30 Pages of Fate or 20 Old Book Pages to make a chance-based book which gives 1 random skillbook out of the ones listed. Of course, the books are different depending on what pages you used.

2) What do the passive skills at the mirror forge require to upgrade apart from the materials?

Each skill requires 100k spirit and 100k coins. They also require a certain arcane sky level followed by mirage sky level past arcane X. This requirement goes up by 3 levels with each skill level.

Skill damage passive starts at Arcane I, ends at Mirage IX and takes 2 bloods per level.
    Crit passive starts at Arcane III, ends at Mirage VIII and takes 8 bloods per level.
    Defense passive starts at Arcane II, ends at Mirage X and takes 20 bloods per level.

3) Would Chaos blade be worth getting? (it's the only merged skill I'm actually considering) If I have the sage version of the 3 skills?

Heart shatter wise chaos blade is the exact same. Mind shatter wise, you trade 50% crit increase (which isn't a flat out 50% add, but rather 50% of the character's current crit rate) for 50% damage increase, which is better. Soul shatter wise, it's about preference. Some people prefer having the constant 50% while some prefer nuking for 20 seconds at 150%.

Worth getting or not is preference based aswell. The skill itself is good, in my opinion, although I'm not getting it myself.

4) Is Gravel Blade truly broken?

Define broken? Are you asking if the skill isn't working or if it's "OP"-broken? If it's the first, I haven't heard of it being broken. According to these forums you can even proc both statuses at the same time and also proc any stance you'd have on while doing that.

If it's the second... then a lot of the new skills are considered "OP", and even in the past some classes used to be and still are considered OP by many people with many different views. From what I've heard, the skill is really good at 1on1 PvP, although you have to give up aoe marking for soulsever and parchedblade for it.