Massive lag on Heaven's Tear

XtremeLegend - Heavens Tear
XtremeLegend - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Support Desk
Hi I have been lagging to the point that I can't play the game properly. It happened after the latest patch. Here is a traceroute if that helps. Thanks for any help.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t32/severchains/traceroute_zps50881d02.jpg
Post edited by XtremeLegend - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    That trace isn't bad. Describe the lag, because you may be looking at something that's actually not related to the internet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XtremeLegend - Heavens Tear
    XtremeLegend - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The game freezes completely (I can't use skills, chat doesn't update, I can't see damage I'm taking, etc.) and sometimes even disconnects. At the login screen I keep having a very high ping (at least 3000ms) for the heaven's tear server. The other servers like archosaur and lost city have a 141ms ping.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's promising for TW tomorrow.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm having very similar issues here on Sanctuary. Over the past week or so I've noticed my connection getting worse. The game would get unresponsive as if I lost connection, ping would shoot up into the thousands. Got so bad last night that it was all but unplayable. This morning I can't even log any more.

My internet connection is fine, haven't even noticed a hiccup. I've run a traceroute and that too looked fine. I've Verified files. I've copied an older backup copy of my PWI folder, basically a fresh install and still nada.

Currently updating from a clean install of V699 and also installing on a second PC. Will see if either work when done patching.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still happening with fresh installs, 2 different PCs.

Ran Traceroute a few more times, found that hop 7 sometimes times out.

http://imgur.com/9vokCAa

Also ran a ping test from my router to Sanctuary server (66.151.133.71) . Getting a 40-50% drop rate.
  • ICielos - Sanctuary
    ICielos - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm having very similar issues here on Sanctuary. Over the past week or so I've noticed my connection getting worse. The game would get unresponsive as if I lost connection, ping would shoot up into the thousands. Got so bad last night that it was all but unplayable. This morning I can't even log any more.

Same here, started this morning during flowsilver palace, I ran traceroute and got the same as Valirah. (7th hop no bueno b:chuckle) Looked up the ip address, not sure if its right but its in Cali and owned by Verizon. Nothing to do but wait now, during 2x. b:dirty
  • J_Brightstar - Sanctuary
    J_Brightstar - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm also having major lag issues on both my pc and my laptop. I've noticed various west coast servers at 3k ping including Sanctuary at the server screen. A couple other people in my faction have noticed it also. I've checked the internet in the house on 3 computers and the speed is where it should be(the same as it has been for the last 3 years). I've had up to 32+k ping, chat take 3 min to appear, and been disconnected. This has been going on about 2 weeks now. I honestly can't play the game the way it is.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm also having major lag issues on both my pc and my laptop. I've noticed various west coast servers at 3k ping including Sanctuary at the server screen. A couple other people in my faction have noticed it also. I've checked the internet in the house on 3 computers and the speed is where it should be(the same as it has been for the last 3 years). I've had up to 32+k ping, chat take 3 min to appear, and been disconnected. This has been going on about 2 weeks now. I honestly can't play the game the way it is.

It's not just the west coast servers, east have issues too.