Improved music for PWI

Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
edited February 2014 in The Fanatics Forum
Kitty read a necro'd thread about PWI game music earlier today. As a result, Kitty listened to Rebirth Order Delta-music after a long time since last listening to PWI music. Kitty found it a bit muddy and lifeless(PWI music ish clearly made with synths and bit overcompressed so it lacks dynamics) so Kitty thought she could improve the sound quality of PWI music files to make them more listenable.

Kitty spent tonight processing all PWI music files on her PC and got them all improved. Kitty tested them in-game to make sure they work and so Kitty decided to share them.

You'll find link to Google Drive-folder containing the improved music files from the descriptions of these samples:
dungeon_e1(Rebirth Order Delta-music): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqsHF_vwsVQ

dungeon_i1(epic sounding orchestral piece): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPt4aFcbzWA

E: Link to Google Drive-folder where you can find rest of PWI musics for listening and downloading(for in-game use): https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2dzPYJvhspWNFlUWVVZdzlDekE

Considering that PWI ish free-to-play-game, this shouldn't infringe copyright as Kitty remembers to claim that copyright belongs to Perfect World Entertainment and Kitty does this just to improve gameplay experience. And good-quality musical samples of in-game music should be just good advertisement for this game, Kitty thinks o,o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
Post edited by Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721 on

Comments

• MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Kitty, I absolutely love the first song, it reminds me of the old PWI b:laugh
    And of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1E955L6LnA

Thanks for the improved version of the song, it sounds good. b:pleased
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    no sound at work b:surrender must go home to listen

my hopes that it dont sound like techno, too many pple do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited February 2014
    my hopes that it dont sound like techno, too many pple do that.

No worries about this, improved sound files sound like the original files having been enhanced a bit(smoother, more dynamic aka. realistic sounding etc. etc.). Kitty concentrated totally on just improving the sound quality and curing the problems they had so Kitty didn't add anything to them(except those dynamics). Cube of Fate-theme was an abomination but Kitty managed to tame it a bit too.

Kitty has finished adding single tracks to Google Drive-folder, so they're listenable and downloadable(to replace original ones to hear them in-game) at HERE!

Replacing original soundfiles with those doesn't affect future patching compability at all as they're exactly as long as before(with accuracy of 0,01 seconds), named exactly same and devs also don't modify soundfiles when they add patches. From what Kitty has observed they stream the audio of new areas while playing(this explains EG-areas being so laggy) instead of making players download them with patches(like musics of older areas).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    neat~ gonna listen tonight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    10/10 would grind to.

Can you do the music that plays at Twilight Emporer and the music that plays at Ancient Evil? I'll be your bestest buddy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.