Numerous {Ping Spikes & Dsc's} on HT-Server

Options
seitori
seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
First happened to me this afternoon including a dsc time... But then its Really Started going outta its way in hitting alot of other people in HT-server including lots I know personally aswell...b:surrender

Its gotten bad enough 'in the last 2-hours' that quite a few of us have just signed off for the night rather than put up with all of it, so gn {PWi} hopefully tomarrow the server will be ok before the important stuff like NW happens...b:bye

PS: We're talking Ping spikes of 14k & Up alone for about 1-minute on average for just me alone (and lots are getting them like that too)...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    First happened to me this afternoon including a dsc time... But then its Really Started going outta its way in hitting alot of other people in HT-server including lots I personally I know aswell...b:surrender

Its gotten bad enough 'in the last 2-hours' that quite a few of us have just signed off for the night rather than put up with all of it, so gn {PWi} hopefully tomarrow the server will be ok before the important stuff like NW happens...b:bye

PS: We're talking Ping spikes of 14k & Up alone for about 1-minute on average for just me alone (and lots are getting them like that too)...

Hardcore DCing, I have 2 accounts logged merching 24/7 and since 12hr ago they've been randomly DCing, one time one, one time the other...

Here is LostCity btw, so perhaps it's general
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I agree - Normal ping for me is aroun 320 -380 - Last night I got spikes up to 12k b:shocked

It was so bad that after a while i logged off for the night.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Archosaur have same DC issues, and its ******* annoying when u have 24/7 toons online ingame PWE FIX UR GAME PROBLEMS !!
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    nah no probs here you guys are here to just complain maybe you all need a new isp,yeah that's it a new isp ,or noise check in your lines,or splitters are suckage.

don't reply to me because im right and you all know it,talk to the hand.b:bye
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Smth. similar on Sanctuary, I see a lot of people DC`ing every morning (my time).
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    nah no probs here you guys are here to just complain maybe you all need a new isp,yeah that's it a new isp ,or noise check in your lines,or splitters are suckage.

don't reply to me because im right and you all know it,talk to the hand.b:bye

If you dont want to be replyed why u posting shiets? till couple days ago everything was fine and now my ISP is bad? or my equipment? GTFO with ur noise...
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Archosaur have same DC issues, and its ******* annoying when u have 24/7 toons online ingame PWE FIX UR GAME PROBLEMS !!
    BTW, I DC quite often too while around your catshop... Now everytime your catshop is in sight my toon starts to sweat inb4 client crash b:sweat Don't know why exactly this place, as it is not the only one packed with catshops. But it is one of my standard crashing spots (that and the Alley of AFK Statues in South Archo).
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Waits for SylenThunder's linked post about how spikes and DCs are outside the control of PWE. f:cool
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I've been getting the same on sanctuary at around 2-3pm server time until... not sure when. Ping spikes from 100s to 10k, 20k+. It's impossible to do anything because after the minute of lag I find myself dead.

What a grand waste of 2x.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Just chill, people. Tech isn't perfect, and they just went through some kind of server migration on Tuesday night (if the maint thread's title is to be believed). There's naturally going to be some hiccups with that kind of thing. Go outside and breathe some fresh air. You won't die from losing PWI for six, twelve, twenty-four, or whatever hours.

inb4 dozens of people whining about "compensation." -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    we had a mass DC on sanct yesterday night lol WC was funny
    half my shops DC'd >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Waits for SylenThunder's linked post about how spikes and DCs are outside the control of PWE. f:cool

LOOOOOOL , followed up by condescendingly given directions on how to fix it which are almost always wrong.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    While most of what he says in that post is true, I do not think he realized when he wrote it that the servers (in the west coast at least) are in a facility managed by another company, which is also hosting many other servers. Internap has been doing an awful job maintaining their network. Every time I have had a problem connecting to Archosaur I have found that the problem is on their network.

As I mentioned in another post, PWE could fix this by moving their servers to another colocation facility run by a better provider (like Level 3), but the better companies also charge a LOT more money so it is unlikely to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]