Demon BIDS uses sparks when not cast

Bloyse - Heavens Tear
Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Quality Corner
When casting Demon Black Ice Dragon Strike, if the skill is interrupted either by cancelling the skill or by a mob/player, the sparks still get used without the skill being cast
ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
Post edited by Bloyse - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I already made a thread on this a long time ago. No one seemed to care. It isn't just BIDS and it isn't just demon.

Most wizard skills will consume chi and trigger the cioldiwn if they are interrupted (like BIDS and BT) while similar skills from other classes do not (like tempest and ion spike).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    BoA

+1
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Paralytic Nova uses sparks if the mob dies before cast is complete, but not if interrupted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It happens to Parasitic Nova for Venomancers too as far as I've noticed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • PVM_only - Sanctuary
    PVM_only - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    same has tempest
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Only if the target dies or walks out of range prematurely. Cooldown and sparks are consumed. It's like that for everything. To avoid it you need to choose your target better.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Malefic crush, for one, completes if the target mob dies before cast is complete. Paralytic nova does not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    doesnt this depend purely on if its in the channel or cast phase?
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Only if the target dies or walks out of range prematurely. Cooldown and sparks are consumed. It's like that for everything. To avoid it you need to choose your target better.

It has not always worked this way. It changed about a year ago (at least for wizard skills). At that time I tested skills I had on alts (throatcut, ion spike, tempest) and none of those skills consumed chi or triggered cool down if the target moved out of range or died.

Another change has been made more recently (I am not sure when but I noticed it about 2 weeks ago). When directed at an invincible target (AD, ironguard, sutra, etc) these skills used to channel and then be interrupted and consume chi, but now they actually cast (they won't harm the target but can now hit players around them), which is what used to happen before the change noted in my previous paragraph.

-10 minutes later-
    After reviewing my old thread it seems I was mistaken on that last part. Ulti's cast on immune targets used to be interrupted. Also, looking at the posts there it seems that it has been inconsistent in that it affects some skills but not others. The oldest related thread I could find: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1369361
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For me I always had my sparks wasted when this happened if I had the skill at sage or demon, while my skills that was at Lv10 there haven't been a problem when interrupted.
    I'm not really sure though, it could just be my imagination. xD
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this a change made a while ago to prevent BMs glitch-cancelling a skill and then triple spark for OP damage?

I'm pretty sure they made that change and now all skills that use sparks comsumes them even if the skill is cancelled by any way.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]