[Maintenance Discussion]-[Restart/Server Migration] 2-11-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll pass, thanks. *gone to find the sink*
    *comes back after solving the issue*
    Hey, weren't you the one who loved Sweetiebot? are you okay with the fact she is one of them? b:surprised

It's not a problem.. I can stop loving Sweetiebot anytime I want to.. I just don't want to right now. She's going to try to be a better bot for me.. she loves me too... I CAN CHANGE HER!!
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's not a problem.. I can stop loving Sweetiebot anytime I want to.. I just don't want to right now. She's going to try to be a better bot for me.. she loves me too... I CAN CHANGE HER!!

Best of luck (like the token) on that.
    But hey, who knows?

Okay, I'm leaving the mic for now.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sweetiebot, server status now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missbytch2u
    missbytch2u Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014

This week's maintenance question:

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

After some long and thoughtful pondering, my super power of choice would be a GM. One who would dedicate 4-6 hours of actual in game monitoring per week so that some problems could be nipped in the bud right away. That way, you poor GM's wouldn't get flooded with tickets that could have been handled quickly and easily, lighten the ticket load a bit, and have a few happy in-game customers b:pleased

b:bye
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Best of luck (like the token) on that.
    But hey, who knows?

Okay, I'm leaving the mic for now.

Ditto.. I'm going to think real hard about something to do at 3am...

hmm.. there's a bed over there.. hmmm
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    Zytreta - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If only you let me finish writing my reply. *grins* I am a guy who likes to edit his posts.
    Sadly you went for a cheapshot there, which isn't cool at all.

Nice try, lame-o
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    After some long and thoughtful pondering, my super power of choice would be a GM. One who would dedicate 4-6 hours of actual in game monitoring per week so that some problems could be nipped in the bud right away. That way, you poor GM's wouldn't get flooded with tickets that could have been handled quickly and easily, lighten the ticket load a bit, and have a few happy in-game customers b:pleased

b:bye

And then I read the username f:shock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    If only you let me finish writing my reply. *grins* I am a guy who likes to edit his posts.
    Sadly you went for a cheapshot there, which isn't cool at all.

Come over to a real server and you'll see what's up ;)
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2014

Hahaha, well played. Sadly for you, I specifically did choose a PvE server from the very start because I don't like being disturbed when questing, flying around or harvesting.

I'm sure you can find tons of bloodlusted fools around there, who like to test themselves in duels or bash each other on the head in PK mode to settle differences (then QQ about charm ticking). Not aiming it at you, nothing personal either.
    But again, I am not one of them. I much prefer a battle of wits over brute force. b:bye

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21212341&postcount=1 See? I'm not interested in that, never was, am not, never will be. I am even going to say I praise you guys for going for the REAL PvP.

Why so serious?
  • missbytch2u
    missbytch2u Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And then I read the username f:shock

lol Ive seen MUCH worse user names on the forums and in game b:chuckle Besides, there is more to a person than just a name b:cute Not saying that part of me doesn't show its face every now and then. But then, I think we all have a little bit of some b***h in us b:kiss
  • Tankete - Morai
    Tankete - Morai Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This server restart taking is so long... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    real
    adjective

1. actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.

2. (of a substance or thing) not imitation or artificial; genuine.

All of PWE's servers are real servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TruWarz - Dreamweaver
    TruWarz - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    any of you nerds want to see a good tw fight check out the last tw of Dynasty vs Relic DynastyVsRelic
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2014
    All of PWE's servers are real servers.

I think she meant that PvE servers are for puny people. If she thinks so, I have no problems with it. I like to play the game at my pace, no need for hot chilli sauce in my meal.
    -now if others are offended by it, well, it's up to them-
  • Nerilika - Harshlands
    Nerilika - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    anyone else from east coast servers betting hardware upgrade makes our server issues worse rather than better like me?
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    anyone else from east coast servers betting hardware upgrade makes our server issues worse rather than better like me?

Remember when Morai had a server upgrade? They were forced into a roll back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2014

I've grown wary of all server upgrades, patches and even restarts... I must be really PWI-paranoid these days. b:surrender

In sum, you're not alone. Even if I'm not playing on a West Coast server.
  • Makoy - Harshlands
    Makoy - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't see the point in playing mmo's if your not PKing. Besides pwi is focused in end game game gear.b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2014
    I don't see the point in playing mmo's if your not PKing. Besides pwi is focused in end game game gear.b:byeb:byeb:bye

I'm a really atypical player, thank you. I don't need to follow the masses to be happy.

Btw, isn't the purpose of a MMO of any kind to be free to do what you wish? (as long as you respect the ToS, that is). ...And of course, you can't really choose what to do in a FPS or RTS, I do conceive it.

Now if you wish to finance the game or already do that, I'm glad you do.
  • _Sawyer - Sanctuary
    _Sawyer - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thats not a problem! According to some part of string theory (I think?), if you mess up in the past and therefore change the future, just go back to before you made the messup and stop yourself from doing it. However, i'm not sure if that might create alternate dimensions in which different scenarios of the same reality are played out via the time shift that occurs upon you seeing yourself from another time period therefore interrupting the flow of the time-space continuum. b:victory

but, if you messed up or changed the past, you wouldn't know you did because your present will remain current with the "changes" as if they were always there right? like in that movie 12 monkeys
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    any of you nerds want to see a good tw fight check out the last tw of Dynasty vs Relic DynastyVsRelic

TW b:spit
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    TW b:spit

I agree, watching a tw or even just 1v1 match is about as fun as scraping sand paper on my tounge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Hahaha, well played. Sadly for you, I specifically did choose a PvE server from the very start because I don't like being disturbed when questing, flying around or harvesting.

I'm sure you can find tons of bloodlusted fools around there, who like to test themselves in duels or bash each other on the head in PK mode to settle differences (then QQ about charm ticking). Not aiming it at you, nothing personal either.
    But again, I am not one of them. I much prefer a battle of wits over brute force. b:bye

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21212341&postcount=1 See? I'm not interested in that, never was, am not, never will be. I am even going to say I praise you guys for going for the REAL PvP.

Why so serious?

xD I'm not serious hahaha.. and also.. nah.. Harshlands is pretty dead these days. But if it wasn't we wouldn't settle things in a duel :P or... "PK mode" xD we're just always white name after lvl 30.. we don't switch to it :P
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree, watching a tw or even just 1v1 match is about as fun as scraping sand paper on my tounge.

Indeed, I rather watch paint dry!
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Peter's power from heroes. (The power to 'absorb' others power once I see them) that would so pwn. :D)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thats not a problem! According to some part of string theory (I think?), if you mess up in the past and therefore change the future, just go back to before you made the messup and stop yourself from doing it. However, i'm not sure if that might create alternate dimensions in which different scenarios of the same reality are played out via the time shift that occurs upon you seeing yourself from another time period therefore interrupting the flow of the time-space continuum. b:victory

my brain hurts b:cry
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2014
    xD I'm not serious hahaha.. and also.. nah.. Harshlands is pretty dead these days. But if it wasn't we wouldn't settle things in a duel :P or... "PK mode" xD we're just always white name after lvl 30.. we don't switch to it :P

Ah, I'm glad you weren't fully meaning it.
    And yes, I do know about the permanent, automatic switching to PvP after lv 30.
  • Rheic - Dreamweaver
    Rheic - Dreamweaver Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I already recieved the power of being able to consume vast quantities of alcoholic beverages without ever getting a hangover. Why would I need to change that? f:naughty
    Who needs a sig anyways?
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I already recieved the power of being able to consume vast quantities of alcoholic beverages without ever getting a hangover. Why would I need to change that? f:naughty

We share the same power. That makes me happy. BM POWER BUDDIES
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    but, if you messed up or changed the past, you wouldn't know you did because your present will remain current with the "changes" as if they were always there right? like in that movie 12 monkeys

I doubt time-space is as linear as most believe. I think of it like tree branches where each split off is a path to a different future within the same multidimensional planes. Sure it's realistic to travel back into time but then the future is always still unwritten. Just the slightest temporal entropy sprouts a new off shoot from the branch of time therefore it would be nearly impossible to actually meet oneself in the future considering that oneself has been or is already in the past.

With this in mind theoretically there are an infinite number of possible futures and as such even a future that has a slightest most miniscule of probability of occurring is actually still 100% chance of doing so due to the infinity aspect.

So if one actually managed to travel back in time the temporal entropic disruption from that would be enough that the person will most likely never ever return to the same future s/he originated from. Just a thought.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn