Subsea nerfed?

peckked
peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Assassin
I've noticed a few bosses recently aren't taking the debuff from subsea. What's stranger still is that extreme poison still works (as well as amp and HF), just not subsea. The new fire boss in Undercurrent Hall and Holeen in FCC are 2 that come to mind immediately though I vaguely recall there being a couple others. Holeen, for example, I seem to recall successfully using subsea on in the past but I'm not really certain.

Anyone else come across this? Makes no sense to me that a boss could be immune to subsea and not extreme poison.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dunno about the new bosses but for holeen, it may just be that the distance you attack him from is further away than the aoe range of subsea. If you shadow jump to him and then subsea it should work. Not sure if they changed it recently but I remember using that trick before the rebirth expansion to amp him.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ethereal Abomination would probably be another
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The problem is the hitbox.
    If you stand right on top of the boss (LARGE BOSSES) and then subsea, it will hit.
    It has always been that way with holeen, ethereal abomination and other big bosses.

With regular skills and attacks that land no debuffs it works as it should, heck even rib strike debuff lands.
    But for debuffs like HF and subsea you need to cast it closer to the middle of the boss.

Say the boss is this size (between < and >), * notes the middle of the boss and you are attacking at spot X:

<
    > X = regular attacks and ribstrike can land normally

Now if you want SS and/or HF to land you need to stand:
    <
    *-X
    > = SS/HF can land due to AOE range

Like Cinderball said.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Good to know! Tested and confirmed. Ty for the reply.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dblazen explained it perfectly! b:pleased