aps or not

Options
sinner6696
sinner6696 Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Assassin
since i won't be able to get the int robe or tome i'm unsure if i'll be able to get aps pass 2.5 from the looks of it using that calculator site

http://pwcalc.com/09667aa70a05edeb

with demon spark it'll go to 3.33 not sure if thats good enough to farm TT or other instance alone well the low and mid lvl instances that is enough to slowly make coins

and i'm unsure if 2.5 sage is good for farming either i'm a newbie when it comes to this any advice? what skills should my genie have?

or should i go full g15?
Post edited by sinner6696 on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You have +10 on the dagger, but you cannot afford r8? That doesn't seem right.

If you get the r8 chest, that will add -0.05 interval to your set, putting you at 2.86 base, which yields 4.0 sparked. While it's not quite 5.0, it'll still be more than enough for majority of your PvE needs.

However, g13 nirvana doesn't have much to offer outside of the interval. There's a handful of bosses where the lower base damage is going to be a downside. Personally, I would get a g16 dagger for those few cases. The higher base damage and attack levels will boost your DPH to a point where a g16 +0 is nearly the equivalent of g13 +10. Naturally, the G16 dagger is also the best option for upgrading, since it has much better odds of scoring 2x -0.05 interval than the g15.

As for Sage. Personally, I wouldn't go Sage with your budget. You'll end up with a fraction of the damage and due to the lower attack rate, you won't be able to keep the spark up, which will make the 25% damage reduction less useful.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    sinner6696 wrote: »
    since i won't be able to get the int robe or tome i'm unsure if i'll be able to get aps pass 2.5 from the looks of it using that calculator site

http://pwcalc.com/09667aa70a05edeb

with demon spark it'll go to 3.33 not sure if thats good enough to farm TT or other instance alone well the low and mid lvl instances that is enough to slowly make coins

and i'm unsure if 2.5 sage is good for farming either i'm a newbie when it comes to this any advice? what skills should my genie have?

or should i go full g15?

I am 2.5 aps base sage and I can burn most 4m hp TT bosses in about 30-40 secs, but I am also r9rr. I mean it has lower damage than demon spark but sage blood paint reduces my cost rediculously so. Sage subsea evens the score a bit as well. I can solo every boss in 3-1 using 0 crabmeat and end with a 24k repair bill, my gear is +7 all over with +10 g16 helm and +3 on my r8 plate.

I advise g16+10 like Oblaze mentioned, the cost reduction on pots and the damage alone warrants the upgrade. As for aps, 2.5 aps is fine for farming, just make sure you increase your defenses to make up for the loss of attack speed. A g16 helm and cape would be the best option until you get an int cape, or you can male a lunar gold int cape. Lunar-Mantle of Radiance.

The pangu tome, is honestly a waste of coin in my opinion, especially now more than ever. You will be fine without it.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Some really good advice here. Though I disagree with the Pan Gu being a waste of coin since it is one of the few non-endgame items that has retained its resale value. Investing in a Pan Gu is money you won't "accidentally" spend if you plan on saving for a higher grade tome. But get r8 first as it's relatively cheap now.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    peckked wrote: »
    Some really good advice here. Though I disagree with the Pan Gu being a waste of coin since it is one of the few non-endgame items that has retained its resale value. Investing in a Pan Gu is money you won't "accidentally" spend if you plan on saving for a higher grade tome. But get r8 first as it's relatively cheap now.

It cost 300+ mil on my server now. If you buy it for that much, good luck selling it.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We have a merchant in Lost City who regularly buys them for 320m and turns around and sells them for 340-350 mil typically in the same day. Then complains he has no -int tome lol