Are those "Modifications" Legal?

Options
Heal_babe - Heavens Tear
Heal_babe - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
Hey Guys, i just ran around near Archo west and saw a barb wearing some... Headwear it is i think.... http://prntscr.com/2qp3i8 i made a screenshot, i didnt take the name because of that name & Shame rule ^^ I just wonder how they did it, if its bannable and what can u tell me about that.... Thanks b:thanks
Post edited by Heal_babe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The pic is pretty small, too bad you couldn't enlarge it a bit. As far as I know, using head fash on a barb is literally impossible, I would think that that's all server side controlled.

However, you can INI edit hair onto a barb, which I do believe is within the rules. Barbs with Mohawks look pretty sweet b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Enthana - Heavens Tear
    Enthana - Heavens Tear Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yep its allowed, if you are curious how to get the same look, read this guide http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1512531

How to get hats on barb is in the guide too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wait, Barbs can get head fashion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Short answer: Hey, you! was awesome.

Long answer:
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just wanted to update you on the issue with Barbarian INI editing and hats.

After reviewing with the PWI Team, we've decided to go ahead and allow it! Barbarians are unique in that they thus far have been unable to wear hats - doesn't seem fair to let them stay left out now!

So for Barbarians only, players are allowed to use INI editing to give themselves hats.

Happy Hatting!

- Hey, You!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wait, Barbs can get head fashion?

Yes, there's a guide somewhere, but a lot doesn't fit well and take hours of editing to get something ''okay''.
  • Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572
    Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    it kinda looks like a hat... but if people are saying that its do-able with ini edit, then it must be a hair from a different class he is wearing... I dont know which hair it is though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    it's not hair from another class, people figured out how to use headfashion on characters for a default look
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Why didn't the Devs just made so that all races can have all hair styles (execept barbs) and allow barbs to wear certain hair fashions (or make some head fash exclusive to them?) by default to begin with?

I''m telling you, it's hard to understand how the devs of this game thinks sometimes. b:surrender
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    whats that white thing the barb on ur ss is wearing? not aware of any fash of that kind :o
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    eraldus wrote: »
    Why didn't the Devs just made so that all races can have all hair styles (execept barbs) and allow barbs to wear certain hair fashions (or make some head fash exclusive to them?) by default to begin with?

I''m telling you, it's hard to understand how the devs of this game thinks sometimes. b:surrender

I have to agree sometimes. To be honest, I just can't seem to follow their train of thought. From a business perspective, I highly doubt they have taken any kind of business classes, or have a business oriented mind whatsoever.

What they should do is make the Devs hope on these forums or onto the game itself once a month for the entire day, so that we can communicate our thoughts, feelings, and suggestions to them directly. This would, I believe, help things greatly.

Also, getting a development team strictly for our version would help a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jelloid - Sanctuary
    Jelloid - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    shashahah wrote: »
    whats that white thing the barb on ur ss is wearing? not aware of any fash of that kind :o

It seems to be the hair from the Lonely Hearts female fashion set. Hasn't appeared to be in game yet though :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trollguard - Sanctuary
    Trollguard - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I thought it was illegal to use character editing to obtain hairstyles/hats which are not made available in the game yet. Like when the Tideborn was about to be released, you could find characters having the tideborn haircuts before the expansion went online.
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hey Guys, i just ran around near Archo west and saw a barb wearing some... Headwear it is i think.... http://prntscr.com/2qp3i8 i made a screenshot, i didnt take the name because of that name & Shame rule ^^ I just wonder how they did it, if its bannable and what can u tell me about that.... Thanks b:thanks

Look at my sig, i run around like that all the time, well i have xmas fash on now, and ive never been banned or anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It seems to be the hair from the Lonely Hearts female fashion set. Hasn't appeared to be in game yet though :o

If it's not even out yet, how could someone have it in their game files? Is fashion even stored in the game files?

I just don't understand how someone could have access to something like this prior to release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If it's not even out yet, how could someone have it in their game files? Is fashion even stored in the game files?

I just don't understand how someone could have access to something like this prior to release.

Some of the TB content got preloaded into the clients prior to the expansion launch. It wasn't actually accessible without ini editing, which at the time was a bannable offense.
    Look at my sig, i run around like that all the time, well i have xmas fash on now, and ive never been banned or anything.

Using pill heads are technically bannable, for the record.

v4liance made an exception for barb hats, because it doesn't interfere with boutique items.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited February 2014
    Options

Using pill heads are technically bannable, for the record.

b:laugh amazing how its basically the exact same edit as putting a mohawk on but bannable, aside from the comical effect it doesnt do anything anyway so whats the harm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Here is my two cents on bannable INI edits...

With all the bugs, glitches, and broken content with this game that has been going on for years, do you REALLY think PWI or PWE will invest the work hours neccessary to track and punish those players taking the INI edit too far.

Even if there is a "big borther program" that is able to track and report this activity, which I doubt, PWI/E would still need to pull someone off a project to ban these players.

The bottom line is, if it does not impact PWI/E's ability to generate revenue through the boutique, I highly doubt anything will be done soon.

Hell, I'm willing to bet one of the driving forces to lift the INI ban in the first place is because PWE never got around to releasing the advance makeover scrolls needed to make these edits. That alone should speak volumes on just high a priority the subject is.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Here is my two cents on bannable INI edits...

With all the bugs, glitches, and broken content with this game that has been going on for years, do you REALLY think PWI or PWE will invest the work hours neccessary to track and punish those players taking the INI edit too far.

Even if there is a "big borther program" that is able to track and report this activity, which I doubt, PWI/E would still need to pull someone off a project to ban these players.

The bottom line is, if it does not impact PWI/E's ability to generate revenue through the boutique, I highly doubt anything will be done soon.

Hell, I'm willing to bet one of the driving forces to lift the INI ban in the first place is because PWE never got around to releasing the advance makeover scrolls needed to make these edits. That alone should speak volumes on just high a priority the subject is.

b:laugh i have my bannable ini edit in my sig lol but then i bought gold to buy xmas fash because of it so it made them some money, again i dont see the reason as to why mine would be banable but a mohawk would not, mohawk is hair texture 1050 or somthing, santa head is hair texture 795, its litterally the exact same edit imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    b:laugh i have my bannable ini edit in my sig lol but then i bought gold to buy xmas fash because of it so it made them some money, again i dont see the reason as to why mine would be banable but a mohawk would not, mohawk is hair texture 1050 or somthing, santa head is hair texture 795, its litterally the exact same edit imo

Which would make a valid arguement if you were to get a ban but you won't; and, since the flood gates have been left WIDE open, if the advance makeover scrolls were on the drawing board as a boutique item they would be worthless now.

CRAZY INI EDITS AWAY KIDS.
    f:victory
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Uh-huh.... you know there are still people from before the rule change that were permanently banned for something as simple as INI editing their HAIR color?

Just throwing that out there.

And please don't suggest that others should break rules. That is, in and of itself, a rule violation.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Uh-huh.... you know there are still people from before the rule change that were permanently banned for something as simple as INI editing their HAIR color?

Just throwing that out there.

And please don't suggest that others should break rules. That is, in and of itself, a rule violation.

Hmm if those people are still banned i dont think thats fair what so ever. And im not saying others should do it, just that i found this after typing in random numbers for a value that had been made legal. Also i dont know if its too much trouble but could you show me a quote where it says that pills heads are bannable? Its not that i dont take your word for it, just want to know exactly what was said. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options
    That was, in part, to Toymaker since his posts were pretty much saying "They don't care so ignore the rules and INI edit whatever."

And yeah, the unfairness of it all was part of why we strove so hard to get it allowed to begin with.

As for the pill thing,
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

In response to this question:
    The pills i assumed were following the same rules as the hats, meaning they were only allowed to be added to barbs. I could be wrong, but thats why i had put it with the barb section and said only barbs.

I didnt put anything about mustaches on venos cause i didnt think that many people would want that....
    Ive also never tried it. Seemed a bit weird. If its your thing though go for it i guess.

I just wanted everyone to know that pill editing is not allowed, either for barbarians or other classes. These kinds of changes were intended to be temporary, and we'd prefer our players not permanently modify their faces in this particular way.

I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed with this announcement, and I promise to keep tabs on this issue, in case we decide to revisit this decision.

- Val
  • Glandire - Harshlands
    Glandire - Harshlands Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hmm if those people are still banned i dont think thats fair what so ever.

Why not fair? They were banned for breaking law. The fact that law changed after that does not mean their actions are justyfied. They knew it was not allowed when they were modyfing things.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Why not fair? They were banned for breaking law. The fact that law changed after that does not mean their actions are justyfied. They knew it was not allowed when they were modyfing things.

They served their time then, and should be 'released' the moment the illegal becomes legal.

Punishments are in place to benefit a society. When the society desides the 'crime' is stupid and and makes it legal, how is it fair to still hold the convicted, when what they were convicted of is no longer a crime?

If they were guilty of other crimes, that remain crimes, then they should at best have their status reviewed.

It s a game. If all they did ever was ini edit, then why not set them free? How does it benefit society to continue to hypocritically hold them?
    edited February 2014
    Options

There's 99% chance that the Ss come from a private. They do have fash that we don't have.
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options
    There's 99% chance that the Ss come from a private. They do have fash that we don't have.
    It's a real fashion set.

Just because we don't have access to it doesn't mean the data isn't in the game files already.

Want an example? Plume God has been available for years, yet is still an unreleased aerogear.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It's a real fashion set.

Just because we don't have access to it doesn't mean the data isn't in the game files already.

Want an example? Plume God has been available for years, yet is still an unreleased aerogear.

To add to this, there are some unreleased head fashions though that we do have access to as barbarian hair textures. That hat in particular is available for barbarians to use and access if they know the proper code. Which is here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17963331&postcount=114 And so that particular code is easily obtained if people read the guides here in the forums. Reason you don't see more barbs wearing them is because they are hard to make fit even semi decently.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle brb it's about time I tried ini editing f:gone
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It's a real fashion set.

Actually... isnt this the same aerogear, although it is a different color and different name? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It's a real fashion set.

I didn't said it wasn't real. I just said that the Ss could have been take on an other version.