Rank Sale - HISTORY

ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
I wish I could get in on these 'When is the next rank sale?' posts before the Mods close them. Also, the cookie cutter response, 'When the marketing/sales team decides to.' isn't much help either. HOWEVER....The marketing/sales team is reasonably predictable within a few weeks given the history of PWI sales.

Take the topic of rank 9 sales. If people would take the time to (dare I say it) SEARCH and READ the past news they will KNOW that in the month of June and in the months of November and December PWI consistently has a rank 9 super sale (50%), PWI has so for the past 3 years . All the other rank sales, typically 6 to 10 weeks apart, have been the standard 20% off.

Now, since searching and reading are such foreign concepts in these forums, I will do the readers a favor and post when I would expect the next rank sale (20% off). Next rank 9 should be sometime between February 19th to March 19th. I suspect it will depend if PWI does the x2 mid-anniversary event, if they do March, if not, February.
Post edited by ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    I'm waiting for the typical wedding/fashion stuff for February, personally.

Mostly on the fashion side but that's obvious considering I'm me. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the typical wedding/fashion stuff for February, personally.

^ pretty much o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • creedls
    creedls Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wish I could get in on these 'When is the next rank sale?' posts before the Mods close them. Also, the cookie cutter response, 'When the marketing/sales team decides to.' isn't much help either. HOWEVER....The marketing/sales team is reasonably predictable within a few weeks given the history of PWI sales.

Take the topic of rank 9 sales. If people would take the time to (dare I say it) SEARCH and READ the past news they will KNOW that in the month of June and in the months of November and December PWI consistently has a rank 9 super sale (50%), PWI has so for the past 3 years . All the other rank sales, typically 6 to 10 weeks apart, have been the standard 20% off.

Now, since searching and reading are such foreign concepts in these forums, I will do the readers a favor and post when I would expect the next rank sale (20% off). Next rank 9 should be sometime between February 19th to March 19th. I suspect it will depend if PWI does the x2 mid-anniversary event, if they do March, if not, February.

From what I have seem so far, it is very unlikely that there will be a rank sale this month, it is most likely in the mid-March or beyond.
  • Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All I want is a Dragon Fire Pack sale b:sad
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd prefer a dragon orb ocean sale, 10 for 100 gold \o/
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Rep/Rank gear should never has been obtainable via the cash shop in the first place, but I understand why it was done.

When the experience curve and highest level of 150 was reduced to 105 the rep curve was 300000 max., the needed content Rep. rewards to get that number would have become near impossible to achieve, due to the content from 105 to 150 being mostly removed from the main game. this alone meant either putting more content back(Lots of in house costs) or selling reputation and getting us to pay them for it.

The decision to sell it makes sense as in the modern world its easy to see that those with alot of money can afford to buy advertising today and become famous whether they deserve it or not, and even I had to use this system to achieve Rank 9 as much as I disliked the idea.

They know that it is impossible to achieve the needed rep using current in game rewards, so you do not have to worry, Rep sales have been going on regularly and will continue unless they spend a fortune and introduce a lot more content with Rep as a reward.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572
    Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have tried searching to predict when the next orb sale will be, but when I try to look at results beyond page 1, the search gets cleared or something and will say there are no results... so only page 1 results show up... sometimes doesnt help much because unrelated things show up in the search.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Rep/Rank gear should never has been obtainable via the cash shop in the first place, but I understand why it was done.

When the experience curve and highest level of 150 was reduced to 105 the rep curve was 300000 max., the needed content Rep. rewards to get that number would have become near impossible to achieve, due to the content from 105 to 150 being mostly removed from the main game. this alone meant either putting more content back(Lots of in house costs) or selling reputation and getting us to pay them for it.

The decision to sell it makes sense as in the modern world its easy to see that those with alot of money can afford to buy advertising today and become famous whether they deserve it or not, and even I had to use this system to achieve Rank 9 as much as I disliked the idea.

They know that it is impossible to achieve the needed rep using current in game rewards, so you do not have to worry, Rep sales have been going on regularly and will continue unless they spend a fortune and introduce a lot more content with Rep as a reward.

Not really.
    Throphy Mode runs give a good amount of reputation;
    If you do ALL the quests and help in a lot of FBs (like it used to be done back in 2008, 2009) you can also get a good reputation;
    Morai daily 20 pills can give you a good amount of reputation.

It is very possible, however it will take time (some good months of doing the stuff above everyday).

The only logical awnser for selling reputation in cash shop is to get money for themselves lol
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Not really.
    Throphy Mode runs give a good amount of reputation;
    If you do ALL the quests and help in a lot of FBs (like it used to be done back in 2008, 2009) you can also get a good reputation;
    Morai daily 20 pills can give you a good amount of reputation.

It is very possible, however it will take time (some good months of doing the stuff above everyday).

The only logical awnser for selling reputation in cash shop is to get money for themselves lol

This may be so today with all the changes since then, but it was almost impossible when the decision was made to sell it. I was here then too, I played on the PWI-MY server first then came to PWI Dreamweaver about a year after I left there and created Sidoravich Blademaster char(Deleted now) and later Selak plus my other three chars.
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    I have tried searching to predict when the next orb sale will be, but when I try to look at results beyond page 1, the search gets cleared or something and will say there are no results... so only page 1 results show up... sometimes doesnt help much because unrelated things show up in the search.

FYI -

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/news?tag=pwi-news&paged=2

Change the number at the end to go back x number of pages.

The trick to predicting any sale is to look at the past new. As I said in my original post PWI Sale and Marketing are creatures of habit and a "pattern" will emerge about when and the order of the items that go on sale.

I use to post my predictions on my faction's forums for the fun of it to see just how accurate I was. More often than not I would nail it or be off by a week, occasionally two; and, this was done just by look back at the last two years of PWI news.

There was a moment there when I was tempted to commit to absolute nerdom and build a spreadsheet to track all sales to help predict future sales but RL happened.
    f:grin
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The first time I got rank gear was I think on my archers chest peice the lvl 60 one if I'm correct and the rep then was still over 100-150k each before all this rank sale BS.I farmed badges from emblem drops in warsong as well and bought some.

Now days you can just use emblems in war song because so many run it full and emblems are farely cheap now
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On February probably will be marriage pack sale because of Feb 14. Valentine day ;D

Maybe some fashion too
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd prefer a dragon orb ocean sale, 10 for 100 gold \o/

10/10 would bang b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear
    Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not expecting for 10 Gold each Dragon Orb, but AT LEAST they should go back to the usual 50% sales - 10* for 25 Gold - and would be great 5x10* for 100 Gold.

I mean, we don't have a 50% sale for Dragon Orb since August 2013 if I'm not wrong. http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=945451! A lot of players paying for the abusers (Dragon Orb fiasco), people received dozens of 10* for free and now they want to make up the gold they lost by not doing a 50% sale b:angry

The history sale don't work for Dragon Orbs, our waiting is the example. b:bye
  • AzureWings - Raging Tide
    AzureWings - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm so looking forward to a 50% rank sale though...really sad I didn't get enough from the last one...so fingers crossed that they do another rank sale...even if it's for Spring Festival or Valentines...
    edited February 2014
    I'm so looking forward to a 50% rank sale though...really sad I didn't get enough from the last one...so fingers crossed that they do another rank sale...even if it's for Spring Festival or Valentines...

Since I started this thread, I'll go on record and say the next rank sale (20% off) will be either March 5th or March 12th. Sadly, as I posted earlier, I would not expect the next 50% off rank sale until June.

Stay Tuned....
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Since I started this thread, I'll go on record and say the next rank sale (20% off) will be either March 5th or March 12th. Sadly, as I posted earlier, I would not expect the next 50% off rank sale until June.

Stay Tuned....

Want to predict the next pet pack sale while you're at it?
    I <3 A lot of people
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Want to predict the next pet pack sale while you're at it?

Lol specifically pack with monkey b:cute
    I also want harpy solely because it's so pretty b:surrender
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited February 2014
    Clearly, you haven't the slightest idea. Sounds like you either come from private servers and have an obscure idea of how the game use to be, you were fed a lot of bull**** by some "friend", or you're just talking out your ***.
    In official perfect world(even during the chinese closed beta in 2005), the level cap was never 150. In 2006, during the original chinese open beta, the cap was level 105. The same in 2007 when the various other versions were released, and 2008 when pwi was released. Back in 2007, rank 8 wasn't even a thing yet. In fact, while reputation did exist, it didn't serve a purpose until 2008 when rep gear up until rank 8(200k) was released. During this time, it was possible to gather approximately 1,500-2,500 rep/hr doing fb99 and collecting dark signets(which no longer drop). Sure, there was only ever a handful of pwi players across the 3 original servers that ever got rank 8, but in the servers released in 07(namely viet, ph, my, and jp), hundreds achieved 200k. I was one of them.

Content after level 105(ha, level 101+ content) never existed. The few weapons that did were just re-used models of older weapons, the only quest were test quest that could be done exclusively by administrators.

The one and only soul reason for selling rep was for money. It took a long time to obtain(so did level 100, once upon a time), and once they took steps towards casual gaming, they gradually made everything else easy as well. That includes rep. At the time, rank 8 surpassed all previous weapons(and in the case of archers and casters, the chest armours provided valuable speed bonuses) in every way. If you had rank 8 and fought someone who didn't, you had an unrealistic advantage(but at least you could farm it *cough*). Rank 9 further increased this gap between normal gear and rank gear, except it requires items that cannot realistically be obtained in-game, further increasing their profit.
    It only makes sense because you started playing after it was released. In the past, farming reputation and obtaining rank 8 was a perfectly reasonable thing to do, just very few had the patience to invest 100+ hours into it. The current system removed all forms of reasonable rep farming, and has materials that can only be realistically obtained through real money. This is purely for profit, nothing else.
    Why would they bother introducing a new way to achieve the cheapest part of getting rank 9? Especially after removing all of the previous methods? Just how new are you to this game?

wtb> realistic method of farming mog/sgt/rep

also revival of nirvana
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    prof wrote: »
    Clearly, you haven't the slightest idea. Sounds like you either come from private servers and have an obscure idea of how the game use to be, you were fed a lot of bull**** by some "friend", or you're just talking out your ***.

In official perfect world(even during the chinese closed beta in 2005), the level cap was never 150. In 2006, during the original chinese open beta, the cap was level 105. The same in 2007 when the various other versions were released, and 2008 when pwi was released. Back in 2007, rank 8 wasn't even a thing yet. In fact, while reputation did exist, it didn't serve a purpose until 2008 when rep gear up until rank 8(200k) was released. During this time, it was possible to gather approximately 1,500-2,500 rep/hr doing fb99 and collecting dark signets(which no longer drop). Sure, there was only ever a handful of pwi players across the 3 original servers that ever got rank 8, but in the servers released in 07(namely viet, ph, my, and jp), hundreds achieved 200k. I was one of them.

Content after level 105(ha, level 101+ content) never existed. The few weapons that did were just re-used models of older weapons, the only quest were test quest that could be done exclusively by administrators.

The one and only soul reason for selling rep was for money. It took a long time to obtain(so did level 100, once upon a time), and once they took steps towards casual gaming, they gradually made everything else easy as well. That includes rep. At the time, rank 8 surpassed all previous weapons(and in the case of archers and casters, the chest armours provided valuable speed bonuses) in every way. If you had rank 8 and fought someone who didn't, you had an unrealistic advantage(but at least you could farm it *cough*). Rank 9 further increased this gap between normal gear and rank gear, except it requires items that cannot realistically be obtained in-game, further increasing their profit.

It only makes sense because you started playing after it was released. In the past, farming reputation and obtaining rank 8 was a perfectly reasonable thing to do, just very few had the patience to invest 100+ hours into it. The current system removed all forms of reasonable rep farming, and has materials that can only be realistically obtained through real money. This is purely for profit, nothing else.

Why would they bother introducing a new way to achieve the cheapest part of getting rank 9? Especially after removing all of the previous methods? Just how new are you to this game?

wtb> realistic method of farming mog/sgt/rep

also revival of nirvana

First up I have actually played this game since before the US servers were in existence and on a beta server with virtually no english translation, Second after about 5 years of playing full time on the US servers we decided to set up our own personal private server to find out what actual content was removed and were then able to see and implement a lot of the unreleased level maps some of which you will never see.

I personally got sick of Godmode style of play over 20 years ago in any game so we never fully played the private server, it was just to see if we could add back some of the missing content which the devs said had been removed and would not be reintroduced. Triggered in particular by ending a certain quest in Heaven with the message that it was impossible to complete because the needed content was removed when the level cap was lowered.

Which by the way we seemed to have very little trouble doing I might add.
    After achieving what we intended we closed our experiment down and returned to normal game.

I said I understand why they(The Company) sold it, not that i agree people should sell something i believe should be earned by a players actions.

Since you seem to be so knowledgable you should have no problems to set up your own test server and you will see what I mean, then comment.
  • prof
    edited February 2014
    First up I have actually played this game since before the US servers were in existence and on a beta server with virtually no english translation,
    I highly doubt it. You make obviously incorrect claims that leads me to believe you never played back then. I've certainly never seen your name before, and I frequented forums from across several different versions.
    Second after about 5 years of playing full time on the US servers we decided to set up our own personal private server to find out what actual content was removed and were then able to see and implement a lot of the unreleased level maps some of which you will never see.
    It wasn't "removed", it was simply unfinished ideas. Most maps that are unused do not even have physical walls or floors. Transparent maps can hardly be considered content. As you claimed before, while level 150 is the hardcap of the game, it has never been an option(except current cn server).
    I personally got sick of Godmode style of play over 20 years ago in any game so we never fully played the private server, it was just to see if we could add back some of the missing content which the devs said had been removed and would not be reintroduced. Triggered in particular by ending a certain quest in Heaven with the message that it was impossible to complete because the needed content was removed when the level cap was lowered.
    You should be fully aware that there is no "clean" private server base, which I assume you used a publicly available one(your awkward grammar alone tells me you lack the knowledge to write your own server files). Most quest available in whatever base you decided to use, were likely created by "developers" of private servers. Also, 20 years? Something about you screams 16.
    Since you seem to be so knowledgable you should have no problems to set up your own test server and you will see what I mean, then comment.
    Sure, I've had a test server before. Many old players have. The only thing this benefits is repetitive and expensive testing, and finding absolute values. Seeing unreleased maps(which, only one even looks good; old concept for guild bases), and doing what's probably a custom quest is hardly a learning experience.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    prof wrote: »
    I highly doubt it. You make obviously incorrect claims that leads me to believe you never played back then. I've certainly never seen your name before, and I frequented forums from across several different versions.

It wasn't "removed", it was simply unfinished ideas. Most maps that are unused do not even have physical walls or floors. Transparent maps can hardly be considered content. As you claimed before, while level 150 is the hardcap of the game, it has never been an option(except current cn server).

You should be fully aware that there is no "clean" private server base, which I assume you used a publicly available one(your awkward grammar alone tells me you lack the knowledge to write your own server files). Most quest available in whatever base you decided to use, were likely created by "developers" of private servers. Also, 20 years? Something about you screams 16.

Sure, I've had a test server before. Many old players have. The only thing this benefits is repetitive and expensive testing, and finding absolute values. Seeing unreleased maps(which, only one even looks good; old concept for guild bases), and doing what's probably a custom quest is hardly a learning experience.

You should never assume you know everything so I will point out some obvious things you may have not thought about.
    I am not using the same character I first created, this is also not my original email account was a different ISP at the time and I had to change as I took a break for about a year after getting frustrated by the lack of english in the first version I played and changed ISP so losing my original email account,
    also sry if I assumed you the reader was smart enough to understand my post without having to dot all the I's and cross every T. but if you wish or need I will send you a personally corrected version.
    As to writing server files, started with assembler to remove copy protection from floppies to make starting games easier to start, I am not listing all the other languages learnt, would take too long, ended with learning C++ at University of Tasmania, so just Lol.
    Real life name Mark Rieder,
    As to age born 1st Aug. 1960, at Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, if you would like to check for facts instead of just assuming you are so clever.
    as to PC experience started on an Apple Lisa 2.
    One other thing, if you can see Selaks (and this is not counting the deleted char called Sidoravich) core you will note date of first quest completed is at least one year before date of first forum post and that I usually do not post much any where, so not seeing me on a forum is nothing lol.
    Have a nice day.
  • prof
    edited February 2014
    You should never assume you know everything so I will point out some obvious things you may have not thought about.
    Okay. I'm ready for the defensive-ness that's sure to follow.
    I am not using the same character I first created, this is also not my original email account was a different ISP at the time and I had to change as I took a break for about a year after getting frustrated by the lack of english in the first version I played and changed ISP so losing my original email account,
    That was a mouth-full. I'm not sure of the correlation between your ISP and your personal email, unless you actually use that junk email your ISP offers you? I figured people stopped that when AOL went out of style.
    also sry if I assumed you the reader was smart enough to understand my post without having to dot all the I's and cross every T. but if you wish or need I will send you a personally corrected version.
    Awkward grammar != understanding. I understand you fine, I simply cannot see a programmer making the mistakes you do.
    As to writing server files, started with assembler to remove copy protection from floppies to make starting games easier to start, I am not listing all the other languages learnt, would take too long, ended with learning C++ at University of Tasmania, so just Lol.
    Just claiming to have learned assembly is ****, but hacking floppy disk? Really? That 16y/o vibe is coming back again. None of this is even related to perfect world's server files, so I don't even know why you would mention it. Do you even know the languages used? "Too many languages to list", I lol'd too!
    Real life name Mark Rieder,
    As to age born 1st Aug. 1960, at Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, if you would like to check for facts instead of just assuming you are so clever.
    as to PC experience started on an Apple Lisa 2.
    One other thing, if you can see Selaks (and this is not counting the deleted char called Sidoravich) core you will note date of first quest completed is at least one year before date of first forum post and that I usually do not post much any where, so not seeing me on a forum is nothing lol.
    Have a nice day.
    Well, that's all useless information. Your real life means nothing to me. This is a forum, a simple game forum at that. I said you sound 16 and your grammar is too awkward to be that of a programmer. Was I wrong? I technically only made an observation based on what you've been saying and how you say it, not claimed it to be true, so no. Were all of your claims incorrect? Yep. Please stop.

This has become embarrassing, so I'll remove myself from this discussion. b:bye
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Then we just have to do the mature thing and agree to disagree.

Oh if you wish to learn how and why to **** copy protection from floppies I will post how, if you cannot work it out yourself.
    You can still use this method to **** most copy protection today if you know what you are doing.
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    f:brick

What was this thread about?

Oh yeh, rank sale, a simple I don't know would suffice if you don't know and still feel compelled to respond.

I don't know, but this past year seemed to have more than most, so maybe the frequency is getting shorter b:victory
    edited February 2014
    f:brick

What was this thread about?

Oh yeh, rank sale, a simple I don't know would suffice if you don't know and still feel compelled to respond.

LOL. You know there was a short period when R9 first came out it could be farmed. I think it was 50k DQ = 1 MoG. Tokens and BHs got you your GSTs.
    I don't know, but this past year seemed to have more than most, so maybe the frequency is getting shorter b:victory

It does "feel" the way but I think it might be more like the the R9 sales run longer. Remember when they use to start on a Friday and end Monday? Then they would run for a week, then two, until this past 50% sale seemed to last for a month.
  • Aftershocks - Harshlands
    Aftershocks - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    LOL. You know there was a short period when R9 first came out it could be farmed. I think it was 50k DQ = 1 MoG. Tokens and BHs got you your GSTs.

Yep, I remember that...and this is the reason that some people were able to farm it and newer players don't believe them. Wish it still was farmable, but w/e b:surrender
    edited February 2014

Stay Tuned....

Off by one week. b:cool
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Off by one week. b:cool

except it is 50% off f:victory
    edited February 2014
    except it is 50% off f:victory

Very true and for the any CS'er out there it is a double bonus with the zen offer at the same time. Unfortunately I need chips. I got the last of my MoGs during the December sale. But I may pickup a few to trade for chips later on.