where should i put my points after rebirth? Vit, str or dex

Options
xxwenxx
xxwenxx Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Blademaster
just wan to know after bm rebirth most of u put ur point in which stats and why?
Post edited by xxwenxx on

Comments

• bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    xxwenxx wrote: »
    just wan to know after bm rebirth most of u put ur point in which stats and why?

seriously? you here to ask this kind of question? im pretty sure you have 100+BM and you can easily find that anwers. but lets wait ( i dont have BM ) maybe someone will tell you they put all on magic and disregard str/dex requirement gear and weapon. I mean it common sense right? you check on stats requirement for you to use your monster gear/weapon.
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    A BM who uses all weapons doesn't really have a choice in this. You need about 300 STR to use endgame axes, and about 200 dex to use fists. So after rebirth, you only have 25-80 extra stat points to distribute... Put them in STR because that bumps your damage with all weapons.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    As much as this should've been common sense to you...

Put on Str if you want more consistent damage.

Put on Dex if you want more accuracy and crit rate (works great with zerk weapons).

Put on Vit only if you plan to add lots, and I mean, LOTS of Vit really... Putting measly 20 or 30 is just a waste IMO, as refines, avatar cards and adds from gears can make you have over 10k pretty easy with base Vit, so 30 points on Vit would add what, 450 HP? ROFL...

Put on Mag if you're drunk.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    eraldus wrote: »
    As much as this should've been common sense to you...

Put on Str if you want more consistent damage.

Put on Dex if you want more accuracy and crit rate (works great with zerk weapons).

Put on Vit only if you plan to add lots, and I mean, LOTS of Vit really... Putting measly 20 or 30 is just a waste IMO, as refines, avatar cards and adds from gears can make you have over 10k pretty easy with base Vit, so 30 points on Vit would add what, 450 HP? ROFL...

Put on Mag if you're drunk.

MAG it is, then!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • BoomBastic - Morai
    BoomBastic - Morai Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    MAG it is, then!

OPDrunky b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxwenxx
    xxwenxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    ok ty for the idea ppls b:chuckle
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Rebirth allows you lots of freedom now in builds. It depends on what you do in pwi.

I plan on going vit for a while so i can farm more effectively. I believe in the end that is 76+76 for you that you can assign. That is 152 points in total after you lvl everything to 105.

Assuming max levels, 152 points on bm in vit = 2 280 extra hp. That means with a barb buff that is 2 960, roughly 3k more hp with lvl 10/11 buff. I simply multiplied hp with 1.3 or 1.35.

Right now my hp is 13k. Add another 2.2k that means, 15.2k.
    Lvl 10 buff = 19.76k hp
    Lvl 11 buff = 20.52k hp

As a bm that does pve mostly, 20k hp is more than enough to tank all bosses in the game without a charm. I don't need to refine my gear beyond +7.

If i pour all that into str, i will hit harder which is desired in nw/tw. If i put that in dex, i get a boost in crit rate and fewer misses on archers and sins. I can be 260~280 base dex this way.

bangis2010: OP asked how to use rebirth points, not how to allocate points. 152 points+40 str from tome+40 dex from tome. That is 232 points that you can reallocate. That is a major reallocation. In future do provide your opinion on how to allocate points beyond the gear requirements
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Rebirth allows you lots of freedom now in builds. It depends on what you do in pwi.

I plan on going vit for a while so i can farm more effectively. I believe in the end that is 76+76 for you that you can assign. That is 152 points in total after you lvl everything to 105.

Assuming max levels, 152 points on bm in vit = 2 280 extra hp. That means with a barb buff that is 2 960, roughly 3k more hp with lvl 10/11 buff. I simply multiplied hp with 1.3 or 1.35.

Right now my hp is 13k. Add another 2.2k that means, 15.2k.
    Lvl 10 buff = 19.76k hp
    Lvl 11 buff = 20.52k hp

As a bm that does pve mostly, 20k hp is more than enough to tank all bosses in the game without a charm. I don't need to refine my gear beyond +7.

If i pour all that into str, i will hit harder which is desired in nw/tw. If i put that in dex, i get a boost in crit rate and fewer misses on archers and sins. I can be 260~280 base dex this way.

bangis2010: OP asked how to use rebirth points, not how to allocate points. 152 points+40 str from tome+40 dex from tome. That is 232 points that you can reallocate. That is a major reallocation. In future do provide your opinion on how to allocate points beyond the gear requirements

I think you mis understood my point there. After you rebirth it not instant that you will be lvl 100 right? you assuming that OP was lvl 100+rebirth already? i dont think so.
    My idea is not bad to check stats requirement for him to use his over power gear and weapon and once that stats requirements meet then the rest will be up to him. Like you said feeedom on built will always be there.
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I am 100 with the 3 str and 2 dex build.

When I do rebirth, I plan on putting the bare minimum for my armor, then with the bonus points with armor, I am gona add just enough str and dex for my axe and fist requirement (sword and lance will be fine) then the left over points will go into vitality so I will not have to refine nearly as high.

I want more HP,so that's what I will do. b:chuckle Modify the all path build a little bit. What good am I dead in Abba or SoT?
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    you want to add as much mag as you can. that way, your dbb will hit insanely high one shotting anything that gets in your path. if you use fissure first, then that fire damage will be even more.

my advice: magic all the way!

also, you're mag def will go up as well. 2873 mag def per 10.3198263 magic points.
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I want more HP,so that's what I will do. b:chuckle Modify the all path build a little bit. What good am I dead in Abba or SoT?

Ofc your call, but you only need about 10k tank Seat/Aba with cleric buffs. That's not hard to do and is something like +5-6 refines if you've done a few meridians. With paint you should be able to solo it by 14k hp. And since strength gives alot more pdef than vit, and both bosses you listed are pure phys damage, you'll probably take alot more damage with a vit build even though you'll have a little more hp.
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ofc your call, but you only need about 10k tank Seat/Aba with cleric buffs. That's not hard to do and is something like +5-6 refines if you've done a few meridians. With paint you should be able to solo it by 14k hp. And since strength gives alot more pdef than vit, and both bosses you listed are pure phys damage, you'll probably take alot more damage with a vit build even though you'll have a little more hp.

yeah.... but it's a lot cheaper to worry about to refine 4 or 3 (if you use the rank ring) Phy accessories for more Phy def than it is to refine 5 armor peaces for HP.... so picking my poison..... lol nether option is bad, all in preferences. b:laugh if I didn't have to worry about refine costs, I'd do it your way.b:chuckle I can always restat if I don't like it hehe!
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    yeah.... but it's a lot cheaper to worry about to refine 4 or 3 (if you use the rank ring) Phy accessories for more Phy def than it is to refine 5 armor peaces for HP.... so picking my poison..... lol nether option is bad, all in preferences. b:laugh if I didn't have to worry about refine costs, I'd do it your way.b:chuckle I can always restat if I don't like it hehe!

Most people consider +5 "free" since it's easily obtained with just a few mirages and event gold. Plus it's not like refining your gear is a lateral or backward move. You'll want the refines eventually, but you won't want to keep the vit and will want to restat that out eventually.

And we're a tanking class, try to avoid rank 8 ring since it doesn't refine for defense. A good very cheap alternative is Band from Heaven's Jail. The molds are so popular many people NPC them and you can farm the crafting mats, or you can buy one for around 1m. In fact if you can't afford +5 refines then definitely don't waste your money on rank 8. Aside from the weapon it really doesn't offer much for BMs. Rank 8 is really just a pass through on your way to recast chest, recast weapons, or r9 and none of the actual r8 gear is worth it. If you can't afford +5 then you can't afford 20+ rolls on an r8r chest or r9 gear.