worth a return?

Options
LDooMl - Harshlands
LDooMl - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Dawnglory (EU)
Im a seeker from the days of r9 first cast and more commonly aps sins doubt anyone will remember me, been gone almost two years... Some what missing this game. Is r9rrr still extremely expensive and is it even worth it?b:chuckle
Post edited by LDooMl - Harshlands on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No.

/5char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Im a seeker from the days of r9 first cast and more commonly aps sins doubt anyone will remember me, been gone almost two years... Some what missing this game. Is r9rrr still extremely expensive and is it even worth it?b:chuckle

It's relatively easy (if you have R9 already) to get R9rr, and refines up to +7 are essentially free/take very little effort. So you can be "barely" competitive with a minimum amount of effort, since you already have R9.

With that said, the game is still expensive as hell. The time commitment to be competitive can also be brutal if you're unwilling to spend money or look for "special" opportunities.

Overall? Unless you really love this game, or have substantial resources, I'm not sure it would be worth it for most people. You basically have to be attached to your char (most players who still play have been investing in one char for years).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No, I even have r9 and abandoned that investment. Unless you have many friends in the game and are attached to your character. There is no reason to come back. There are just too many things wrong with the game AND the company that runs it.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No, I even have r9 and abandoned that investment. Unless you have many friends in the game and are attached to your character. There is no reason to come back. There are just too many things wrong with the game AND the company that runs it.

I think the last update was actually decent and improved the game by a lot, but then they ruined it by making cards untradable/stashable. It's like they came up with an amazing idea for a new gear progression system but then just ruined it by making it impossible to customize your card sets without spending thousands of $$.

Hell, half the fun of trading cards is, well....trading them, and negotiating over super rare cards...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Akira_Green - Harshlands
    Akira_Green - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I think the last update was actually decent and improved the game by a lot, but then they ruined it by making cards untradable/stashable. It's like they came up with an amazing idea for a new gear progression system but then just ruined it by making it impossible to customize your card sets without spending thousands of $$.

Hell, half the fun of trading cards is, well....trading them, and negotiating over super rare cards...

Nuema Portal set is statistically possible by opening 53k packs :p. 4g per pack $212k USD!! Or you could cheat your way like certain people lol. But yea trading cards would make it more interesting.
  • Dispelle - Harshlands
    Dispelle - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Nuema Portal set is statistically possible by opening 53k packs :p. 4g per pack $212k USD!! Or you could cheat your way like certain people lol. But yea trading cards would make it more interesting.
    Whoa b:shutup
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options

Statistically if you bought 5000 War Avatar chests you have a roughly 6% chance of getting a complete neuma portal set by the time you open your last chest. It's not really out of the realm of possibility.

Just because the average person would need to buy 53k packs doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen if you open 53k packs. It could happen much sooner, or much later.

I'm more curious about how hard S+ will be to get once they release it...

Also, chaos is one dude. In fact I distinctly remember seeing him getting one-shot by Chaoking. The fact that you think it's more efficient to waste 4 of your clerics on SOG duty rather than just purge + focusing isn't really our fault, it's yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I remember you.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ehhhhh not if you require money for your fun. I recently made a return to test the waters of the new update and have begun talking to old friends and that's been nice. The downside is, even though I'm already mostly +10 I'm feeling the pressure to update my gear and skills even though I've been around for a whole two days. I'm giving the game an honest shot but I'm still not entirely sure I'll stick around. I'd recommend playing a bit without thinking about what you need or worrying about anything, do whatever you see fit, and if at the end of a week you're ready to commit to the game again, go for it. I'm talking get knee deep and start having a grand ol' time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    JackieK - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

QQ moar cause you nor anyone in infa will ever have a Crown of Madness or a Portal set. Seriously QQ moar we laugh at how much you rage on wc and in pms lolol
    And actually portal set is statistically possible by opening anywhere between 6.0-53k packs:P Maybe some people are just lucky and others are spiteful
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    QQ moar cause you nor anyone in infa will ever have a Crown of Madness or a Portal set. Seriously QQ moar we laugh at how much you rage on wc and in pms lolol
    And actually portal set is statistically possible by opening anywhere between 6.0-53k packs:P Maybe some people are just lucky and others are spiteful

For kids that are bad at statistics, it can take any amount of packs, as long as that amount is larger than 6, but it will take 53k packs on average.

Interesting to note: Dark preening about how they outgear Infamous and how Infamous will never catch up. How, by the way, can you guarantee this? As i understand it, both the Nuema Portal set and the Crown of Madness are available in chance packs.