Question about toon-deletion and recreation?

Options
Foxyas - Dreamweaver
Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
So I made a mystic on another account, bought her invo-expansion stone for max inventory, but now figured she'd be better on my other account with AA gear, as I was intending to make her a HA mystic originally(but after much debate, found AA is better for what I desired), and I wanna recreate her on my AA toons account.

I know deleting mystic on other account makes the name available again, and re-useable for AA account, but what about her max inventory? Will a toon with the same-name/class as a previously deleted toon keep max inventory? Or must I buy one again? If I have to buy one again it won't be a problem...I got it on sale anyway.
Post edited by Foxyas - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    the only thing that would remain from a deleted character is what was put into the account stash. you will have to rebuy all inventory/bank stones
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You will lose your inventory and your bank if you increased that. But I did find by accident that you keep items in your mailbox. I deleted one of my old characters once and reused the name on my psychic; when I opened the mailbox she had two blessings still in it that I had sent the previous character.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The name is tied to the account, even after it is deleted. You would not be able to create a toon with the same name on another account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The name is tied to the account, even after it is deleted. You would not be able to create a toon with the same name on another account.

unless something changed recently (last 2 yrs as i hadnt played for 2 yrs) names arent bound to an account as id once used the name "Widow" for a sin upon the 1st week of the RT expansion and kept the char well into the EG expansion. a friend had wanted the name and as the char was lv19 (never continued playing it left it at lv19 so nothing important on it) i deleted it and she was able to get the exact same name few minutes after the char had been deleted on a mystic on her account.

same thing as i do when i used an alt accoount to create a char name / look for it then delete and recreate on my main account as i did with a couple alts i unfortunately stopped playing and cleared out for other alts (im an alt-aholic Dx).
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

That might have changed if you weren't able to before Sylen. I had a Psychic on my main account, but then I made my second account a magic one, so I deleted him off my main account and put him on the second account. I had no problem using the same name for him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Muzaki - Morai
    Muzaki - Morai Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I got an email from support of them saying once its used even if deleted you cannot use it again. But that is false, deleted on of my characters and made a new one with the same name a few days ago
  • Retalation - Raging Tide
    Retalation - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Something curious about deleting and creating an character with the same name.

When I started to play I did pick a barb named Trueislost, got bored of that class and started to use him as bank. Some time later I deleted him with some items in his mailbox (items I didn't really care if they were gone) and when I created my psy with his name (btw, same account) I did notice I had a mail, it was every item I was saving in my barb's mailbox lol.

I am not sure if it will happen again, so don't try it.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I've heard horror stories in the past of mail being sent to the deleted character instead of the new one. I wouldn't recommend reusing an old name.
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have made and deleted at least a hundred toons since february of 2010... as soon as the character is deleted of a name, you can reuse that name again on any account. That still holds true as of only like a week or 2 ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]