For All The Money We Give You Why Cant We Have A Properly Run Game?

Comments

• Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why are you acting like this? Are you mad that you didn't get the responses that you expected?
    not at all. you are not debating on any of the points i have made though. you listed what you felt and i rebutted them. after you called my rebuttal invalid without a proper counter while taking pot shots at me and now your defense is we all are saying you are wrong so that means you are wrong. ok, cool, in the real world change occurs from one person convince others that he/she is right even when the world says otherwise. these are points i believe in cause it seems obvious to me. so trolling me or insulting me is fine but that doesn't give me any ideas i haven't thought about or new directions to grow in. so for that purpose i really don't see a need to continue a debate with you. now how would i look letting you make me angry or anyone else on here? or for that matter getting angry period over having a debate with someone....over a game? lmao very silly i imagine. i'll just say ty for your input, most appreciated and keep it moving, if we can't stick to the topic at hand. b:bye
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just a simple solution, either stop PVPing or play another game. The game is more broken now than it was before since the genie expansion, we all know that.

I play PW only for PVE reasons, PWE have awful PVP mechanics. Complaining will get you nowhere.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Just a simple solution, either stop PVPing or play another game. The game is more broken now than it was before since the genie expansion, we all know that.

I play PW only for PVE reasons, PWE have awful PVP mechanics. Complaining will get you nowhere.

even if someone has some rare insight to offer or it sparks an idea that alone makes it worth it. but you are right pvp mechanics here are pretty lame as is.
    To the OP prove your case.

i have listed stats and posted gear and vids, others have came to show damage calculations. we have discussed tactical theories and practices. i have implement some....and posted results. how else can i prove it?
  • rey494
    rey494 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    These are my opinions, but I do think the idea of dexterity increasing weapon damage as well as crit chance does have an advantage with the new expansion of rebirthing. Maybe a slight damage ratio reduction or a cap with stats points in general might help it. People can be more flexible with their points, more builds will come out, different styles of gameplay may develop. It these type of things which I think makes a game a lot more interesting, at least that's what I think.b:surrender
  • Toxicjello - Raging Tide
    Toxicjello - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    my point exactly....again. it takes more than 1 person to take you down. why is there a class in the game that cannot be 1v1'd against? as for your statement on archers yes i agree that they should do high damage. as should sins. but constant crits is not something the armor was designed for. nor is it balanced when you already have high damage and it's now getting doubled wwith a chance of being purged or quadrupled atthe same time.

if you put 5 grand into a toon and i put 5 grand into a toon, assuming we have equal intelligence we should have toons that will have a good back and forth with both of us winning and losing. that is not what is happening here though.

barbs at end game cant be killed 1v1, mighty swing->sunder->arma is the most broken easiest auto kill ever. cornered beast was already too strong now with the crack hp and the unavoidable stun it has just become plain to see that these guys care nothing about balancing the game. they will consistently make one class op and a few others semi-op then trash the rest.

If you had intelligence, would you put 5 grand into a toon on PWI? b:chuckle

Truth is, OP, you will never change the minds of the ones who always sit on these forums and defend PWI. Most, if not all, of them have spent well over $1000 dollars on this game. Some have spent $10,000+ on this game. b:surrender So, of course, they are going to defend their investments.

But, OP, I understand what your asking and you have every right to be concerned about investing any more money into PWI! Because the truth is that the top played, best MMORPG's do have better content, better customer service, better class/gear balance, offer players better incentives, have active GM's, and have bugs/glitches fixed within a responsible amount of time. Their cashshops only offer cosmetic and convenience items (like an instant summons banks and gathering boosts etc). And, you will NEVER find the best gear in the game in those cashshops!

PWI was the very first MMO I ever played (started in Feb 2011). And one day out of boredom, I ventured out and started playing other MMO's and I have had an amazing time seeing what other games have to offer. I've played subscriptions, B2P, F2P, and this weekend I'm trying out a beta for the awesome one being released in April. b:dirty I'm a gamer, I play games. And all those games have been fun but I have come back to PWI over and over because I missed my old friends, I missed my characters, and I missed my first MMO. But, even tho I love many parts of this game, just like the OP, I have concerns and worries about investing money into PWI. And when we have concerns, we're told basically to **** and deal with or leave! But, I will not be pressured into believing that it's okay for bugs and glitches to be overlooked for YEARS!! b:angry And the rebuttal is always the same..."PWI is F2P so we should stop complaining and be lucky we get anything at all. We weren't promised anything. We should all just be happy with what we get. They are working to fix things, just be patient." Oh, and of course, we shouldn't complain about lag spikes, bad customer support, broken quests, and glitches that seldom (if ever) get fixed because again...IT's FREE! Okay then, let's discuss content that isn't "free". A bride and groom want to get married so they spend $60 total for both packs. They have purchased their "marriage content". It was NOT free content so one would assume it should be bug/glitch free. Yet, there is a marriage ceremony bug and a marriage quest bug that has been going on for over 2 yrs!!! There have been tons of threads on these forums about it, tons of players who have submitted tickets and STILL those bugs/glitches have NEVER been fixed! What is your argument about this bad customer service?? PWI knows that is broken but they also know people will STILL pay for wedding packs and still deal with the bugged quests. So why should they fix broken content that is still making them money??...see where I'm going with this?

TL;DR
    There are many F2P games that offer excellent content, support, and service. PWI is not one of them.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014

Truth is, OP, you will never change the minds of the ones who always sit on these forums and defend PWI. Most, if not all, of them have spent well over $1000 dollars on this game. Some have spent $10,000+ on this game. b:surrender So, of course, they are going to defend their investments.

But, OP, I understand what your asking and you have every right to be concerned about investing any more money into PWI! Because the truth is that the top played, best MMORPG's do have better content, better customer service, better class/gear balance, offer players better incentives, have active GM's, and have bugs/glitches fixed within a responsible amount of time. Their cashshops only offer cosmetic and convenience items (like an instant summons banks and gathering boosts etc). And, you will NEVER find the best gear in the game in those cashshops!

PWI was the very first MMO I ever played (started in Feb 2011). And one day out of boredom, I ventured out and started playing other MMO's and I have had an amazing time seeing what other games have to offer. I've played subscriptions, B2P, F2P, and this weekend I'm trying out a beta for the awesome one being released in April. b:dirty I'm a gamer, I play games. And all those games have been fun but I have come back to PWI over and over because I missed my old friends, I missed my characters, and I missed my first MMO. But, even tho I love many parts of this game, just like the OP, I have concerns and worries about investing money into PWI. And when we have concerns, we're told basically to **** and deal with or leave! But, I will not be pressured into believing that it's okay for bugs and glitches to be overlooked for YEARS!! b:angry And the rebuttal is always the same..."PWI is F2P so we should stop complaining and be lucky we get anything at all. We weren't promised anything. We should all just be happy with what we get. They are working to fix things, just be patient." Oh, and of course, we shouldn't complain about lag spikes, bad customer support, broken quests, and glitches that seldom (if ever) get fixed because again...IT's FREE! Okay then, let's discuss content that isn't "free". A bride and groom want to get married so they spend $60 total for both packs. They have purchased their "marriage content". It was NOT free content so one would assume it should be bug/glitch free. Yet, there is a marriage ceremony bug and a marriage quest bug that has been going on for over 2 yrs!!! There have been tons of threads on these forums about it, tons of players who have submitted tickets and STILL those bugs/glitches have NEVER been fixed! What is your argument about this bad customer service?? PWI knows that is broken but they also know people will STILL pay for wedding packs and still deal with the bugged quests. So why should they fix broken content that is still making them money??...see where I'm going with this?

TL;DR
    There are many F2P games that offer excellent content, support, and service. PWI is not one of them.

+1,000,000 you are so right.
  • bboylittleboy
    bboylittleboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ok for those who are trolling, have you nothing better to do ? aeur is making some valid points here, im a rrr9 archer and i hit like a truck and my crit rate is stupidly insane, it is a bit unbalanced in my opinion and its probably going against my class but ah well. The dc's are a bit anoying tbh and they need to fix that, and also primal is a joke, all these things that glitch or dont work, why release an expansion with so many bugs, just makes everyone so frustrated and annoyed, but i agree with everyone here who said they are in it for one thing - MONEY. they dont give a rats butt about us. They never have and never will. maybe we all play the game in 1 day a hope that they will make it better or maybe they will lose all the people playing this game and realise that they did jak shizzle to help there customers and were to blinded by greed. Personally the customer service is atrocious, when u send in a ticket with valid points and they delete the tickets :L so ill add my point on here, why were certain people on arch server (during the orb fiasco/rollback fiasco ) why were they given all there stuff back? that they had BEFORE rollback, and certain people got given a ton of orbs BEFORE the orb fiasco, tradable orbs, and dont get me wrong IM NOT HATING - but when stated in a ticket to them they kept deleting my tickets and refused to reply - after 27 tickets on different toons getting no reply shows that they are hiding there favouritism on certain people. and even more hiding there mistakes - here u will get no response from a gm/cm . they will never listen to there customers as long as they are still making money, how many times have we said dont give them money - but theres always others that do it anyways, so we are fighting a losing battle here . i do agre with u though brother but here i think its a lost battle. b:surrender
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    get to end game with 40k hp. you'll see then.

This is the post that you've said 2+ times that bothers me the most. While agreeing/disagreeing with 1 or more things about the Main Topic of this thread (LA/Dex Attribute to Crit rate % and further more, the unbalance of this games PvP mechanics).

Stating to someone to "Get to end game..." you are asking me or someone else to either CS or spend countless hours to get to YOUR level of gaming. rrr9+12 Endgame sharding (Vits/JoSD/Diety). You can't ask or even make this statement hold water when you are losing to Endgame Players and you are Endgame yourself.

Would be wildly more interesting to see you lose to me G16+5 Warsoul+10 full Demon Rebirth twice Str over Vit build with 54 Dex. Or anyone for that matter that is not on your same gear requirement. The reason why I disagree with you is not based on Troll Reason its how your first impression. To me, i saw:

"Im losing. Why am I losing. I am [considered] best cleric on my server(game?)".

That's what gets me. How can you be considered that when your gear level faced with other clerics of the same gear is equal. Meh. But I rather not get into a debate about who people feel is the best at a certain class.

So to stay on topic.

Raise the Dex to Crit Rate % higher. Have it at 30-40. Still wont stop LA gears from Critting is my only point. Unbalanced game play is in all games. All though some (most?) would not like to or want to admit it. All games have an unbalanced character or 2. Its the nature of Diversity in characters. When you make 2 characters Balanced/Similar you kill a Character from being played because it lacks either 1-2 things its Similar character doesn't have, (Longer Stun, More range, Different weapons for more suitable PvP).

All of the MMOs that I have played, while people tend to play 3+ classes, most play 1 main class for everything. Meaning there is something about that Class/Character that makes him/her most convenient and ultimately BETTER than the rest. What is better than the rest, by default, makes it unbalanced. I don't think its that Classes Fault. Maybe its the Game Mechanics. Take out Acc. and Evasion? Put in a Lower Cap on Crit? But doing this to 1 Gear in the game (LA) will cause that classes Community to QQ about it and ask for Lower Cap on Channeling and stuff.

Lastly, you stated you would leave this game duo to these problems and more. Clearly you didn't. And yes, i will agree with barbs on this forum in the sense of "Barbs are fair from invincible..." hard to kill? Maybe.

But I feel like all of these threads that are talking about the Barb/BM skills, Unbalanced gaming, Broken mechanics, and Over Power Classes are all talking from a 1v1 Point of view. I have yet to see a TW/NW vid that shows me a Barb or BM dominating a map or group match and not dieing. Just like i have yet to see a sin not die from the same thing. In a 1v1 its meant to be 50/50. If there's a 100% possibility that you are gonna lose, why even do it. 100% death in a 1v1 are usually more apparent.

Many JoSD/Vit rrr9+12 barbs (PURE cata build barbs have 50k+ health) dye in seconds if they think their HP is their ultimate defense because Vit doesn't' give the same Def as JoSD. But just like that. JoSD has no Attack capability. Just allows you to take more hits but doesn't inc HP so you are also relying on your higher Def. And when you find the perfect all around Sharding that gives you def, Hp, Atk, with the culti that suits you best for DPH, as a barb, you still have to draw back of getting to that person. Its not as simple of everyone that is a none barb claims and i in ploy all those that say its easy to play/roll a barb to do so. Hell many you'd even like playing barb. See that because we have no Gap Closers, no long range or Tele CC and no consistent DPH or OP stating that you'll actually like the "unbalances" of the class. Stating with a Min. of 54 dex and (while allowing you to put in as much vit as you see fit) having enough vit to make sure you can tank in and out of caves while having a Min. of 260+ str. Our Stating isn't as Narrow as lets say a Magic class that needs a min of 54 str. Since most AA classes get little to no HP from Vit they put around 80-100vit. Then pour the rest into Magic. And LA gears dont even put in Vit LOL.

I know a mystic running around with 3 Vit and has over 10k HP but shes rrr9+12. And if you think that that stating understandable. Think about BMs stating for Dex and Str along with Vit too.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    This is the post that you've said 2+ times that bothers me the most. While agreeing/disagreeing with 1 or more things about the Main Topic of this thread (LA/Dex Attribute to Crit rate % and further more, the unbalance of this games PvP mechanics).

Stating to someone to "Get to end game..." you are asking me or someone else to either CS or spend countless hours to get to YOUR level of gaming. rrr9+12 Endgame sharding (Vits/JoSD/Diety). You can't ask or even make this statement hold water when you are losing to Endgame Players and you are Endgame yourself.

I am stating that his knowledge is limited having not maximized his class' potential with end game gear. once he does, he will have a better point of reference by which to understand my statements.
    Would be wildly more interesting to see you lose to me G16+5 Warsoul+10 full Demon Rebirth twice Str over Vit build with 54 Dex. Or anyone for that matter that is not on your same gear requirement. The reason why I disagree with you is not based on Troll Reason its how your first impression. To me, i saw:

"Im losing. Why am I losing. I am [considered] best cleric on my server(game?)".

That's what gets me. How can you be considered that when your gear level faced with other clerics of the same gear is equal. Meh. But I rather not get into a debate about who people feel is the best at a certain class.

again this was said about me, and only repeated to refute the prevalent idea that i was unskilled or unknowledgeable about my class. idc about winning or losing, what i care about is having fun matches so i am encouraged to keep playing and growing. going from that to lop sided 6 second duels is not something i intend to just suck up. i have a voice, some intelligence and can write effectively. why not put on here everything that has been said to me time and time again. we are on the same server so if you wish we can duel. i have different sets of gear so however you wanna set it up is up to you.
    So to stay on topic.

Raise the Dex to Crit Rate % higher. Have it at 30-40. Still wont stop LA gears from Critting is my only point. Unbalanced game play is in all games. All though some (most?) would not like to or want to admit it. All games have an unbalanced character or 2. Its the nature of Diversity in characters. When you make 2 characters Balanced/Similar you kill a Character from being played because it lacks either 1-2 things its Similar character doesn't have, (Longer Stun, More range, Different weapons for more suitable PvP).

All of the MMOs that I have played, while people tend to play 3+ classes, most play 1 main class for everything. Meaning there is something about that Class/Character that makes him/her most convenient and ultimately BETTER than the rest. What is better than the rest, by default, makes it unbalanced. I don't think its that Classes Fault. Maybe its the Game Mechanics. Take out Acc. and Evasion? Put in a Lower Cap on Crit? But doing this to 1 Gear in the game (LA) will cause that classes Community to QQ about it and ask for Lower Cap on Channeling and stuff.

Lastly, you stated you would leave this game due to these problems and more. Clearly you didn't. And yes, i will agree with barbs on this forum in the sense of "Barbs are fair from invincible..." hard to kill? Maybe.

But I feel like all of these threads that are talking about the Barb/BM skills, Unbalanced gaming, Broken mechanics, and Over Power Classes are all talking from a 1v1 Point of view. I have yet to see a TW/NW vid that shows me a Barb or BM dominating a map or group match and not dieing. Just like i have yet to see a sin not die from the same thing. In a 1v1 its meant to be 50/50. If there's a 100% possibility that you are gonna lose, why even do it. 100% death in a 1v1 are usually more apparent.

could not have said it better. if you make a class that can win 100% of the time then why pvp with any other class? this is the problem. solution? make classes balanced so that all classes get represented in pk events as this is the nature of the game mostly. currently you cant kill a barb when it is in equal gear to the opponent in 1v1. sins and archers have a disproportionate advantage with the linear crit system based on dex.
    Many JoSD/Vit rrr9+12 barbs (PURE cata build barbs have 50k+ health) dye in seconds if they think their HP is their ultimate defense because Vit doesn't' give the same Def as JoSD. But just like that. JoSD has no Attack capability. Just allows you to take more hits but doesn't inc HP so you are also relying on your higher Def. And when you find the perfect all around Sharding that gives you def, Hp, Atk, with the culti that suits you best for DPH, as a barb, you still have to draw back of getting to that person. Its not as simple of everyone that is a none barb claims and i in ploy all those that say its easy to play/roll a barb to do so. Hell many you'd even like playing barb. See that because we have no Gap Closers, no long range or Tele CC and no consistent DPH or OP stating that you'll actually like the "unbalances" of the class. Stating with a Min. of 54 dex and (while allowing you to put in as much vit as you see fit) having enough vit to make sure you can tank in and out of caves while having a Min. of 260+ str. Our Stating isn't as Narrow as lets say a Magic class that needs a min of 54 str. Since most AA classes get little to no HP from Vit they put around 80-100vit. Then pour the rest into Magic. And LA gears dont even put in Vit LOL.

Lemme solve it for you
    cultivation...cata sage....pk demon
    sharding....cata JoSD....pk vit stone

barb build is easy...skill set not balanced but w/e idm as much...mega hp and cornered beast = broken, unavoidable no chi quick cooldown stun? hella broken....reaching your target? with natural anti stun skill, fastest movement of all toons and undefendable stun you can get to anyone...just takes a lil practice...and the right gear/genie ofc.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014

TL;DR
    Cant help but notice a hint envy mixed with a pinch of logic.
    $50, $100, $200, or 5k
    Most pple use what is available and appropriate for their financial status. (and if they dont its obviously not our business to round everyone else with them) If someone spends 5k on an online game, a casino gambling, a cruise ship, a week in hawaii, or a sandwich, it doesnt warrant their intellect being prodded. Rather the one in question should be the intellectual (or lack of) whos put a value based on a view point against a subject that has too diverse a social range.

If you dont like it, dont spend on it, its free leech game. If you like it, spend the money.
    If you think xx amount is a bogus amount, dont call others out cause your not up to their financial status. I know pple in this game who spend over 10k too and guess what, their big business owners, or their relatives or what not. They are pple who drive Ferraris and gift their children with the old ones. Some own acres of land and others have had 1k allowance per week.

Unless they are pretty darn dumb, pple know what their playing, and what their not getting from pwi. That includes bugs, lags, and content. Wanna marry ingame? Skip the luxury you cant spurge on, if it means not getting that name on your head with your hubbies name. Thats a damn luxury. Instead craft each other a ring as it engraves the makes name on it and exchange it. There are always ways to get around that.
    Bad customer service? Well it could be diff. pple or pple working under diff. supervisors who give them diff. advice. Its the same in any service, sometimes you get good and sometimes the bad. Ive had mediocre service to downright pleasant ones so yeah....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If someone spends 5k on an online game, a casino gambling, a cruise ship, a week in hawaii, or a sandwich,

That's one hell of a sandwich! b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    That's one hell of a sandwich! b:faint
    its my SuperStar Sammich

bread on bread.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    its my SuperStar Sammich

bread on bread.

With a hint of unicorn tears? f:thanks
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    its my SuperStar Sammich

bread on bread.

Thought you was gonna say a matsutake mushroom, Wagyu, Italian White Alba truffle on rye. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teraflare2010
    teraflare2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i see everyones point but teh truth is teh devs rush a game out to make money but expect ppl to be fine with bugs/glitches,i dont agree with that it SHOULD be beta tested many times to fix bugs glitches etc. as for the customer support well to be blunt it really does suck and needs improvement in vast areas,like communication,appearances,response times,and if your gonna have a live agent talk window ,for godsakes use the dam thing. for the issue i concurr that its noone else's bussiness what the yspend on and how much they make but on the other hand those same ppl who spend thousands of dollars on a video game (certain ppl call investments ) are rediculous and **** and need a slap in the head with a hammer coz investments mean you give something to get double or more back after a time but investmesnts in video games isnt an investment unless the investor is gettin paid or accruing money for playing and /or investing. i personally dont spend money on video games because its **** unless its proven to be without bugs or glitches (console games only, no PC/Mac games ) like xbox 360 or ps3 or 4 or xbox one. and those are for the kids. next point is teh content ,yes its ok btu ive seen better in the beta im testing atm, glitches and bugs will be in games butits up to the developers and owners to create a sound strategy t oeliminate the problem areas within a minimal amount of time not years but days - weeks . ive been here in pwi for 5 years and ive watched it fal downhill and fast and i agree that pwi is the only game to sell the best gear in its cash shop ,for some its a good thing and they may think its awesome but what happens when teh servers finally die and shut down then where is all that money they spent gone .they wont get it back and is a complete waste .pwi imo screwed up by selling gears in the cash shop because the game was already balanced and fun but once that happened it started the downhill spiral and wont stop unless the developers and bussiness sector along with owners look at each other and realize what the yneed to fix the game to bring old players back and allow new ones to join and appreciate it once more ,ive seen alot of old experienced players quit and teh same with new players who just cant get anywhere .so the big question here is how long will pwi last with current conditions
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OP answered his own question in the title:
    For All The Money We Give You Why Cant We Have A Properly Run Game?
    Players keep giving them money for doing a horrifically ****ty job at running their version of Perfect World. Giving them money is an affirmation of the job they're doing, it's called speaking with your wallet.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    i see everyones point but teh truth is teh devs rush a game out to make money but expect ppl to be fine with bugs/glitches,i dont agree with that it SHOULD be beta tested many times to fix bugs glitches etc. as for the customer support well to be blunt it really does suck and needs improvement in vast areas,like communication,appearances,response times,and if your gonna have a live agent talk window ,for godsakes use the dam thing. for the issue i concurr that its noone else's bussiness what the yspend on and how much they make but on the other hand those same ppl who spend thousands of dollars on a video game (certain ppl call investments ) are rediculous and **** and need a slap in the head with a hammer coz investments mean you give something to get double or more back after a time but investmesnts in video games isnt an investment unless the investor is gettin paid or accruing money for playing and /or investing. i personally dont spend money on video games because its **** unless its proven to be without bugs or glitches (console games only, no PC/Mac games ) like xbox 360 or ps3 or 4 or xbox one. and those are for the kids. next point is teh content ,yes its ok btu ive seen better in the beta im testing atm, glitches and bugs will be in games butits up to the developers and owners to create a sound strategy t oeliminate the problem areas within a minimal amount of time not years but days - weeks . ive been here in pwi for 5 years and ive watched it fal downhill and fast and i agree that pwi is the only game to sell the best gear in its cash shop ,for some its a good thing and they may think its awesome but what happens when teh servers finally die and shut down then where is all that money they spent gone .they wont get it back and is a complete waste .pwi imo screwed up by selling gears in the cash shop because the game was already balanced and fun but once that happened it started the downhill spiral and wont stop unless the developers and bussiness sector along with owners look at each other and realize what the yneed to fix the game to bring old players back and allow new ones to join and appreciate it once more ,ive seen alot of old experienced players quit and teh same with new players who just cant get anywhere .so the big question here is how long will pwi last with current conditions

OMG!!! You are removed due to client instability! You made me eyes bleed! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014

OMG!!! You are removed due to client instability! You made me eyes bleed! b:angry
    i kinda skimmed over that one too b:surrender super block of text
    i see everyones point but teh truth is teh devs rush a game out to make money but expect ppl to be fine with bugs/glitches. i dont agree with that, it SHOULD be beta tested many times to fix bugs glitches etc. As for the customer support, well to be blunt it really does suck and needs improvement in vast areas, like communication, appearances, response times. And if your gonna have a live agent talk window ,for godsakes use the dam thing.

For the issue, i concurr that its noone else's bussiness what they spend on and how much they make, but on the other hand, those same ppl who spend thousands of dollars on a video game (certain ppl call investments ) are rediculous and **** and need a slap in the head with a hammer. Investments mean you give something to get double or more back after a time, but investmesnts in video games isnt an investment unless the investor is gettin paid or accruing money for playing and /or investing. I personally dont spend money on video games because its **** unless its proven to be without bugs or glitches (console games only, no PC/Mac games ) like xbox 360 or ps3 or 4 or xbox one. And those are for the kids.

Next point is teh content ,yes its ok btu ive seen better in the beta im testing atm. Glitches and bugs will be in games but its up to the developers and owners to create a sound strategy to eliminate the problem areas within a minimal amount of time, not years but days - weeks. Ive been here in pwi for 5 years and ive watched it fal downhill and fast, and i agree that pwi is the only game to sell the best gear in its cash shop. For some its a good thing and they may think its awesome, but what happens when teh servers finally die and shut down. Then where is all that money they spent gone. They wont get it back and is a complete waste.

Pwi imo screwed up by selling gears in the cash shop because the game was already balanced and fun. But once that happened, it started the downhill spiral and wont stop unless the developers and bussiness sector, along with owners, look at each other and realize what they need to fix the game to bring old players back and allow new ones to join and appreciate it once more.
    Ive seen alot of old experienced players quit and teh same with new players who just cant get anywhere. So the big question here is how long will pwi last with current conditions.
    sir, pls use paragraphs b:surrender
    and no, games arent just for kids b:thanks
    and no, only 'tards think pitching in money in a game is an 'investment'. For most mature people, its a gamble. Money used knowing you might have just wasted it. How dumb does it sound when you hear someone say 'i invested in this slot machine and it wont give me double or more back!'
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    its my SuperStar Sammich

bread on bread.

Well said it better be on wheat!
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014

so what issues do you all feel deserve some light?
  • hadesgabriel
    hadesgabriel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The game is old its pay to win and they dont care they got there money and the let the game crumble on itself and the announce that they alive with the constant lotteries packs that come almost each week
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was a heavy cash shopper years ago. Not pleased that it(the money they got) was not used to improve the game in a favorable way.
    edited February 2014
    wtb unicorn tears
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i kinda skimmed over that one too b:surrender super block of text

sir, pls use paragraphs b:surrender
    and no, games arent just for kids b:thanks
    and no, only 'tards think pitching in money in a game is an 'investment'. For most mature people, its a gamble. Money used knowing you might have just wasted it. How dumb does it sound when you hear someone say 'i invested in this slot machine and it wont give me double or more back!'

I do not know about you guys but putting money into a game is neither an investment or gamble for me, it actually goes under the Entertainment section of my Budget along with Game/Video DVDs, Restaurants, Booze money, Dating Funds and anything else I do not need to live, but do to kill spare time.

I used to put a little coin (~$20USD) into this game every fortnight, but stopped awhile ago when I realized that I cannot play a game where cheats always prosper and they even change the game play to allow legal cheating e.g. ingame bots, stuff that ends up leaving me feeling frustrated, so now my money now goes to a game where this just does not happen.

I am still here, and some ways it might be the morbid fascination people get when watching a train wreck in slow motion, but I am hoping/dreaming of a day when someone actually does something to improve the game play, instead of the accounting departments bottom end figures and then I may return full time but with the companies future plans to force the use of ARC on me, this may just be wishful thinking.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Except if they really DID care only for the bottom line, they would get rid of the bots and it wouldn't take 6 months to a year to get a patch that contains more than translation fixes (and usually more errors).

If they don't understand how many people are turning away from this game due to the completely accurate idea that no one is in charge, and no one cares, and that it will NEVER change (not in the last 6 years at least) then they are as oblivious as this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrGvknSRY0Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1, PWE leases PWI from Wanmei over in China.

2, If you're having that much of an issue with lag, read here. I play an Archosaur too and I'm usually sitting around 175ms from a bit over halfway across the country.

3, PWE's purpose is to publish games and make money. They don't do development on those games.

You're incorrect on #3. PWE owns Cryptic Studios, which DOES to development (for STO, but still). So, saying that PWE does no dev, is bs.

I would die inside if PWE made the Cryptic devs fix the problems PWI has. Those guys do good work, no reason to throw them under the bus.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    You're incorrect on #3. PWE owns Cryptic Studios, which DOES to development (for STO, but still). So, saying that PWE does no dev, is bs.

I would die inside if PWE made the Cryptic devs fix the problems PWI has. Those guys do good work, no reason to throw them under the bus.

i soo agree +1
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014

But again, it's Cryptic doing the Dev work, not PWE. PWE didn't even come up with and create STO, they just purchased Cryptic later after the game had already been created, and Atari had it before then even.

Edit:

Blacklight: Retribution ~ Developed by Zombie Studios, Published by PWE
    BOI ~ Developed by Wanmei, Published by PWE
    Champions Online ~ Developed by Cryptic Studios, Published by Atari, Leased by PWE
    ESO ~ Created by ?, Published by Wanmei, Leased by PWE
    FW ~ Developed by Wanmei, Published by PWE
    JD ~ Created by ?, Published by Wanmei, Leased by PWE
    Neverwinter ~ Developed by Cryptic Studios, Published by PWE.
    PWI ~ Created by Archosaur Studios, Purchased and Developed by Wanmei, Leased by PWE
    RaiderZ ~ Created and Developed by MAIET Entertainment, Published by PWE
    Rusty Hearts ~ Developed by Stairway Games, Published by PWE
    STO ~ Created and Developed by Cryptic studios, Published by PWE
    Torchlight (2) ~ Created and developed by Runic games, Published by PWE

PWE is just the US Publisher for Beijing Perfect World/Wanmei. They don't actually do any development. (With the exception of the websites, and the majority of the Arc system.)
    Also, Cryptic is actually owned by Beijing Perfect World, not PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited March 2014
    yup it's official this game is trash. did 12 rounds with a barb that has very limited pk experience and complete end game gear. best i could do was stall. was unable even with the new skills to dd enough for me to win. gg pwi, if i could kidnap the devs and force to actually play this **** at gunpoint, i would.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wat barb did u fight?
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]