New Drake Bash

13»

Comments

• Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Curious about where you found the "all" in casters as well as how come you don't mention the Archers that complained about it in that well-known thread f:meh

all the same who is QQing bout it .. the point is there shudnt be any... Guess ppl are just too damn content with facerolling ppl with absolutely nothing going thru theyre mind while doing it ... i'd find it a bit boring if i cud throw my cat on the keyboard and watch it own everything ... but i guess some ppl like the way that works... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ablabahabla
    ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LOL on some of these people flaming Silvaf, this is such an egoist community, quite sad...

And yeah everything undergeared at pvp is weak AF, and by undergeared we all know it's everything below R9RR +12 full of jades, nw accesories, and soooon S+ cards.
    Just wonder b:laugh

Oh, Im sure it's what many of us did, but at least when I played NW, G16 nv was complete **** against those r9rr sets. If normal r9 was the best gear still, then wow we would have way more balance then.

if normal r9 woul still be the best gear no1 would ever get it anymore, since nv3 grants better defs and almost the same stats while costing 1/4 of normal r9.
    There just wouldnt be any point for people to get r9 then, except for the ep if its a zerk crit wep.

ofc u couldnt expect nv3 +5 gears to never get 1shot by +12 r9s lol even normal r9+12 will be able to do so same as normal nv3 +12s
    and DarkSkies has a Point about the bms in tw nw etc. ... if u want to tank 30 people hitting on u your only chance to survive is to be a barb and invoke.
    if u watch the good bms they all use anti stun skill and ig at the enemy and run behind their lines once ig is going to run off.
    Every other class then barb and maybe a seeker wouldn't last half as long as a bm does already when getting hit by that amount of dds.

And as a side note to remember, pwi is funded by the cs thats why they always have to bring gears only accessable by gold and stornger then every other gears that are completly farmable.
    Yeah i know u can farm r9 stuff too by farming other stuff and buy gold with coins, but lets face it 95% of the r9s csed their gears.

And another fact is that since event gold got available by dqs +5 is pretty outdated
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Everything is lackluster in mass pvp while undergeared with the exception of a veno.

Please show me where I even said remotely this? I said 'I feel bm's are the MOST lackluster.' I am fully aware that all classes struggle to quite an extent while undergeared.

As I have pointed out before but havent gotten through to ANYONE before is this:

BARBS have their SHIELDS.

SINS have their stealth, deaden nerves, insane ability to get chi/tele stun/teleport/focused mind etc.

Every other class has the ability to ATTACK at a DISTANCE, which allows you to experiment with the class from time to time.

---- ^ ALL of which leads ME to believe that every other class has better... options while under-geared. ---- NOT that they can tank more hits. FFS << Thick skulls are thick.

Bm's have their stuns, reel in, tele IMMOBLIZE, (which is a real joke when casters/archers can still attack.. not to mention the stupid ridiculous long *** cooldown on it... 2 minutes is quite a long time ijs.) Blade tornado (best option really imho to really close the gaps since it does have the 50% damage reduction) Yes they also have their leaps which the new ones do have... the CHANCE to help a bm get near... but yea not while undergeared. (most of which costs chi, which is... err was insanely difficult keeping up while undergeared, and having to constantly open yourself up while attacking/no apo/charm.

----

I GET IT ALREADY FFS... you all do NOT agree with me, clearly neither side of the fence, can sway the other. This is just getting way too irritating for both sides, lets just go our merry way? Kthxbye?

Slivaf, what is your experience of mass pvp? TW? NW? PK at west?

TW:

Please speak to Aelicia/Nigelus, iirc neither has r9rr and are EPIC bm's in TW. I'll tell you why - BMs are a support class, their job is to throw CC around and have a squad behind them assisting.

Example 1: This is possible wearing no gear and lvl 1 axes.

There's a group of enemies in front of your squad - Will of bodi, IG as you get in range (40metres), head into the middle of the pack of enemies, RoTp, HF, leap back, face backwards leap forward whilst hitting AD as soon as IG wears off and then cloud sprint or w/e its called.

As you HF the 5-6 DDs in your squad unleash a tonne of aoe's. Destroying everything that doesn't immune/faith/get away.

Then you stand behind your teammates spamming demon bell, request chi from the veno, wait 3mins for CDs (in these three mins you can sneak a smack/reel in on any DD that gets singled out or close to your squad (call an assist on vent).

Rinse and repeat.

Have you tried this and failed? Have you even been in a TW? Hence your argument that BMs are lackluster in mass pvp would be coming from experience?

If you are running around in NW expecting to kill anything with your gear... I mean considering how long you have been playing this game, you could have very easily famed full G16 gears and refined them to +7/8 with event gold and farmed incomparables... at the very least.. b:shocked

To be honest I didn't start my 'QQ' about bms being weak in mass pvp while under-geared until I gave nw a 'significant' number of tries on it. (I think I said this before on the forums as well... so yea... I am rehashing it)

You really do not need to keep reminding me of who you feel is the best tw/mass pvp bms, nor do you need to remind me that they are 'supports' I get that already. <<

As I have said before DS, I would be fine with being a support if I felt like i could do that nigh regardless of my gear, in 85% of the fights I get into while in nw. (There are obviously times where my seeker gets chewed up and spat back out.)

EDIT: Also one more thing, both of those bms you mentioned I am fairly sure they have more hp than me/are full g16... full g16 +10 (I know aeli is that... admittedly not sure about nige) isn't exactly 'undergeared' imho... sure there is plenty of room for improvement with r9/r93r... but still that gear obviously does the trick for many people.

Edit: Now that I have calmed my annoyance a little... I realized I didn't answer your question... straightforwardly so here it is:

I have twed with my bm before, (I do believe I have stated this before on the forums) I didn't exactly like how much it got owned, but i understood it. Still the bm has a lot more support/potential to actually survive a gank with how much easier it is to actually stick together/with your squad and even get rebuffed. (for the record I did in fact do exactly as you described, and aye it was far more tolerable.)

--

I admit I haven't ever pked at west, or joined the pk tourney's etc... for the very simple fact that my gear is indeed ****, not to mention I don't find the potential costs of pking in open world too appealing at all.

--

Also while on that subject I fully understood I was going to die on this bm, but obviously not to the extent that I have while in NW... it is extremely frustrating feeling like that all you can do to even remotely see what a bm is capable of is spend in game cash/or money irl to get better gear/and prepare to the teeth.

Aye I am being stubborn, if I did prepare like that I am quite sure I would enjoy the bm a bit more, but I for one ABSOLUTELY feel that I shouldn't have too... especially when I can take any other class and get quite the idea of what they are capable of, while they don't use apo, or charms either. (I am NOT saying that other classes don't/shouldn't use charms, just that they have more options/abilities to seemingly get by without doing so.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    End game BMs already have amazing survivability.. it'd be like me asking for more damage, (but hey, I'm not asking to one shot you 20 times over with gush, cuz that'd be too op and not fun).

Of course a wizard thinks that. Blademaster is one of wizards biggest problem classes due to our ability to close distance nearly instantly along with the highest M.Def of every melee/HA class.

I'm not saying we aren't tanky, we are, but we're definately not as tanky as you make us out to be. You'd think with what you say we can tank 15 people with ease...

But we are also hard to kill because we can sue controls while our charm cools down, so I'm not saying we need more defense, I'm just saying we don't have -that- much defense against most classes. Psys and wizards are BM food, though. Psys being the harder, but still.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    After reading and keeping up with all the replies, I decided I'd finally post. not that it makes a difference.

Purify proc DID NOT break the game. r9rrr did not break the game. one single target skill will not break the game. ALL CLASSES ARE ALREADY BALANCED AND REMAIN BALANCED.

in 1v1, if you see the animation, get the hell away. if the bm has antistun on, then just seal him/her before they can use the new skill. it's not that difficult to figure out. most classes have a type of seal don't they? maybe not, I don't know.

what I do know is that this is that there are ways around any skill that might SEEM godly. want to get around purify? use occult ice or blade hurl. want to get around this new skill that only a select few will even have? use a seal or get the hell away.

as for r9rrr +12 being op? hmm... there is such a thing as utilizing tactics and strategy. being 3cr9 does not mean one can simply refuse to use various strategies.

in mass pvp, drake bash doesn't matter one whit. anyone with a brain can avoid it, and any bm with a brain won't waste a spark in such a manner.

in 1v1, it won't matter either as anyone with a brain can avoid it.

with all that said, it's a game. don't take it so seriously and don't forget to have fun :)

I get one shot all the time. doesn't matter. it's not like I'm permanently dead or anything lol btw, I don't have r9+12 and with the amount of money I've spent on this game, I could have r9ed 2 chars. others come before me, though, and I'm quite comfortable with my mix of r8r, 99gold, and lunar gear (and g16/r8r weaps). +2-+5 refines ftw.
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2014

in 1v1, if you see the animation, get the hell away. if the bm has antistun on, then just seal him/her before they can use the new skill. it's not that difficult to figure out. most classes have a type of seal don't they? maybe not, I don't know.

theres even a genie skill to seal physical damage dealers ... but then they wud qq about geni having not enugh skill slots inb4 wtb 160+LP genies b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Curious about where you found the "all" in casters as well as how come you don't mention the Archers that complained about it in that well-known thread f:meh

I put the "all" in there purpose, as I can already see it. Lots of casters QQing (as usual) that BMs are OP and complaining about the new skill, that it shoudl get nerfed, etc... and I didn't mentioned archers because CBA about them, since they are/were/will be QQing about the same thing too.

EDIT: Oh by the way, you guys are worried about Dragon Rising? Let me tell you something... there is another skill (two actually) that might **** casters and maybe archers too, and probably can make Dragon Rising the least of your worries, assumpting the BMs know how to use them properly of course, but I'm not gonna say which one it is... I'll let somebody else find it out.
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    theres even a genie skill to seal physical damage dealers ... but then they wud qq about geni having not enugh skill slots inb4 wtb 160+LP genies b:laugh

I wouldn't mind one of those :P
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    r.i.p wings of grace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    r.i.p wings of grace.

Amen. Barbs be spamming that mighty swing.

Cue res Stunning blast/Piercing flames/aim low spam.

Fat pandas can't leap? GG kitties.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com