stream strike

RezzErection - Harshlands
RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Blademaster
any good for tanking?
ive found myself taking aggro from barb, archers and hercs using skills.
when theres n barbs i always find myself tanking in BHs and there is almost always a high lvl archer with suicide thoughts squadb:surrender
Post edited by RezzErection - Harshlands on

Comments

• Athalon - Dreamweaver
    Athalon - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have actually found that Stream Strike IS a good aggro skill. The 3 second cooldown and low MP cost lets you spam it really fast. Granted you won't be able to use your MP or Chi for your high powered DD skills, but that isn't really the tank's job now is it? I have tanked my BH run for wyvern while holding from a wizard going on overkill casting mode (its a wonder how wizards could be so idiotic with the most INT in the game), and an archer, and a herc withou ever losing it once. Again, I could do nothing besides spam my Stream Strike and other really fast chain skills, but Stream Strike has been proven to work for holding aggro.
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Advanced spark - 10 seconds of normal attacks will create more agro than stream strike ever could.

it is rubbish for holding agro, the chi cost is not worth it.

especially after level 59, question - heavens flame or stream strike?
    When an archer or wizard steals agro that is their own problem, when a barbarian is tanking then DDs should go wild, if a blademaster is tanking then patience is needed

I tanked my own fb79 =D by stealing agro from Bms 6-7 levels higher than me, lol Axes FTW
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Athalon - Dreamweaver
    Athalon - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    recently got my calamity axes. they arent refined at all and going all out i have hit 27k. i think it was heavens + zerk + crit on a highland cleave in fb19 humans. Idc if it was on a lv19 its still at 27k hit b:victory
  • Sacagaweia - Dreamweaver
    Sacagaweia - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Was on a couple of BH59 runs with another faction BM, several levels higher (he a level 80 sword BM, I level 73 I think at the time, pole BM.) We both had TT60 weapons at the time. He was spamming stream strike, I was doing nothing but normal attacks, and I was getting aggro from him.
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    bad example b:chuckle
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    btw let this die already..
    edited November 2009
    This noob got pwned by calamaties
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Stream Strike = fail.

Hell spark + fists = best BM aggro management.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Dasypogon - Harshlands
    Dasypogon - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Stream Strike = fail.

Hell spark + fists = best BM aggro management.

Hell spark = fail, for level 53 blademasters.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009

For a 53 BM, a strong breeze will steal aggro....
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited November 2009
    play nice guys lol
    edited November 2009

Opinions from level 20BMs on harshlands = fail
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    recently got my calamity axes. they arent refined at all and going all out i have hit 27k. i think it was heavens + zerk + crit on a highland cleave in fb19 humans. Idc if it was on a lv19 its still at 27k hit b:victory

If you enjoyed that, wait until higher levels and you have this to look forward to..

Crithit.jpg
  • Dasypogon - Harshlands
    Dasypogon - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Opinions from level 20BMs on harshlands = fail

Yes, well, if you can explain to me how the original poster in this thread can take advantage of hell spark without first gaining 30+ levels, I would be most very greatful.
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    any good for tanking?
    ive found myself taking aggro from barb, archers and hercs using skills.
    when theres n barbs i always find myself tanking in BHs and there is almost always a high lvl archer with suicide thoughts squadb:surrender

The Barb must not be using Agro skills properly....
    ...Any BMs are more for Crowd Control and were not intended to be Tanks unless you force your self to tank may it be out damaging the tank(weather it be level advantage) or aps gear. Weapons and skill combos are what causes you to tank.

Stream Strike seems like a waste of chi because it doesn't work for me, but the Demon version of it can save you sometimes if it decides to heal you as you use it. So I use it as a a cheap way to heal my self unrelyable.

I am an All Path Demon BM with some Aps gear, so I know my way around with skills. All you can really do to try to get Agro is deal as much damage as you can by skill stacking or aps, or combining both. Fixed damage number skill damage like Tiger Maw would not work well. Most casters pull a lot because anything that adds to a +% damage skill will hit hard like Aeolian Blade, Highland Cleave, Atmos Strike, Cyclone Heel, Farstrike, and ext. Also, if you pick weapons with higher base damage, you are more likely to hit harder as well.

At lower levels, I recommend not worrying about Aps gear till later and focus on Crowd Controlling: Basicly AOEs and Timing your stuns and HF and/or GS on other people's sparks.

Some other crazy BM will probly quote me and say "5 aps or get out!" but that is what I did. b:laugh

Btw, if you find your self tanking better than the squishy DDs, tell them to hold back or have the assassins use Chill of the deep till the boss is 50%, it's hard for them to pull from you if they do that. b:victory Team work is the key, if not kick em.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014

The Barb must not be using Agro skills properly....

...Any BMs are more for Crowd Control and were not intended to be Tanks unless you force your self to tank may it be out damaging the tank(weather it be level advantage) or aps gear. Weapons and skill combos are what causes you to tank.

Stream Strike seems like a waste of chi because it doesn't work for me, but the Demon version of it can save you sometimes if it decides to heal you as you use it. So I use it as a a cheap way to heal my self unrelyable.

I am an All Path Demon BM with some Aps gear, so I know my way around with skills. All you can really do to try to get Agro is deal as much damage as you can by skill stacking or aps, or combining both. Fixed damage number skill damage like Tiger Maw would not work well. Most casters pull a lot because anything that adds to a +% damage skill will hit hard like Aeolian Blade, Highland Cleave, Atmos Strike, Cyclone Heel, Farstrike, and ext. Also, if you pick weapons with higher base damage, you are more likely to hit harder as well.

At lower levels, I recommend not worrying about Aps gear till later and focus on Crowd Controlling: Basicly AOEs and Timing your stuns and HF and/or GS on other people's sparks.

Some other crazy BM will probly quote me and say "5 aps or get out!" but that is what I did.

Btw, if you find your self tanking better than the squishy DDs, tell them to hold back or have the assassins use Chill of the deep till the boss is 50%, it's hard for them to pull from you if they do that.

Team work is the key, if not kick em.
    This looks like a NECRO!

BlastFlare - Dreamweaver replied to a message that was 4 years 2 months 29 days 3 hours 25 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This looks like a NECRO!

BlastFlare - Dreamweaver replied to a message that was 4 years 2 months 29 days 3 hours 25 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)

So what, this was the first thread that popped up when you search "stream strike". Some one cares because I did.