Intro - NEW Community Manager - SparkieSoft

Comments

• sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I would like to know something of sparkie's background

From what he has said, it doesn't seem like he knows much about this game, if anything at all, and I find that concerning for a CM. Someone who has played the game, and knows the underlying issues and what the playerbase wants is needed as a CM, not a "noob".

At least hes not a robot like a certain cm we used to have

If Sparkie is a indeed a complete noob, as I get the feeling he is, maybe we could vote on some experienced pwi players, one pers server or whatnot, to be given some kind of volunteer position as server spokesperson/adviser to get issues out to be fixed.

Not to worry, perfectly legitimate concern. I am indeed a noob, however I have been taking the time to play, as well as read the wiki. I also have some fantastic mods that I have given my personal Skype information to. While I may not get everything right the first time, I am definitely going to try my best.

Oh and I'm working on something similar to what you're requesting. I don't have details yet, but I would like some sort of GA's or players that can talk with me directly about any current issues. When I get more forum permissions and a little more settled in, I'll start brainstorming ideas and get the community involved as well.

As always, if you have suggestions I'm all ears. b:pleased
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hello!

You may have read the maintenance thread, but I'd like to formally introduce myself here. My CM name is sparkiesoft and I've been working in the gaming industry for about 3 years now. As DoD mentioned, I'll be on PWI as well as Arc, so if you ever have any questions or concerns, let me know and I'll try to answer them to the best of my abilities.

I'm usually not much for words, so if you have any particular questions about myself, feel free to ask. (appropriate of course!)

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Best of luck to you. It is a tough bunch here.
  • MemphisBelle - Raging Tide
    MemphisBelle - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sparkie, any idea when the new faction logos will be installed? I know its something small, but a lot of factions think of them like a badge and as important as having a base and it has been well over a month for a lot of the newer factions.
  • sparkiesoft
    edited February 2014
    Sparkie, any idea when the new faction logos will be installed? I know its something small, but a lot of factions think of them like a badge and as important as having a base and it has been well over a month for a lot of the newer factions.

I wasn't aware of this. I'll bring it up and see if I get any answers
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not to worry, perfectly legitimate concern. I am indeed a noob, however I have been taking the time to play, as well as read the wiki. I also have some fantastic mods that I have given my personal Skype information to. While I may not get everything right the first time, I am definitely going to try my best.

Oh and I'm working on something similar to what you're requesting. I don't have details yet, but I would like some sort of GA's or players that can talk with me directly about any current issues. When I get more forum permissions and a little more settled in, I'll start brainstorming ideas and get the community involved as well.

As always, if you have suggestions I'm all ears. b:pleased

Good to know. In some situations someone with no background to an area can bring a light of hope that others who have experience and have felt the despair and hopelessness of a situation cannot. If you are willing to talk to players off game, I would like to get in contact with you about an ongoing situation that has been going on if you are willing to listen. I'll send you a message on forums about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Welcome sparkie^^.
    Join Sanctuary we have foxes with the finest coats of fur here b:cute
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • sparkiesoft
    edited February 2014
    Welcome sparkie^^.

My level 21 Assassin is on Sanctuary!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014

You should let me kid--, err convince you nicely to play on HT.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Welcome sparkie^^.
    Please attack something before I one shot you again, I'm getting tired of red name.
    And only Desdi, rest of the venos on Sactuary nowadays need more frequent grooming
    I strongly recommend not making Sanctuary your base of operations. In irony to its name, it is somehow the biggest cesspool of crime and corruption in all of pwi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Please attack something before I one shot you again, I'm getting tired of red name.
    And only Desdi, rest of the venos on Sactuary nowadays need more frequent grooming

I strongly recommend not making Sanctuary your base of operations. In irony to its name, it is somehow the biggest cesspool of crime and corruption in all of pwi.

Lol I'm like looking at u every time and I'm like I'ma make someone pink name today. It's funny watching some people u can just tell they are itching to atk u... but u have white name lol. I'ma be r9 soon so I probably won't care to go red name myself anymore b:chuckle
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver
    Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hello everyone,

I'd like to give you some good news today! As many of you know (or don't), Synchroze and I have been tag-teaming the duties of being CM (community manager) of the PWI forums for quite some time now. Actually, too long to be quite honest! This game deserves much more of our time than we could give, so you would only see us when the boat started to shake and the water was rocky.

Thankfully, this is now coming to an end with a new CM who will be both dedicated to PWI and ARC together!

You may have seem him around the forums lately as he is very interested on past and current hot topics of the community. I've given him the briefing on what we'd all like to see for PWI, but I'm sure many of you will re-iterate these topics (as you should).

He is very new and so please be gentle with him. b:victory

Introducing... your new CM... SparkieSoft!

isnt Synchroze the admin for RH?
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Welcome. *gives cupcakes to new mod sprinkled with +logic dust*
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014

f:cute Come here little one, let me teach you the way of fluffy. Even fish can be fluffy!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    f:cute Come here little one, let me teach you the way of fluffy. Even fish can be fluffy!

The evil tail doesn't need an apprentice who will grow to be all powerful b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Everytime I read sparkie I cannot help but think of Spanky form the original lil' rascals.

spark...er...spanky
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Welcome. o:
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • james2012js
    james2012js Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't like sparkiesoft. come to lost city so I can peekay you myself. -.- jk jk welcome to my home buddy. now clean house and make me a sammi or it gets the hose
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey um.. Sparkie. The forum? Yeah it's ugly and it looks like a monkey mashed a bunch of buttons to give us this.

The people who hate it. (Link)

The people who love it. (Link)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • sparkiesoft
    edited February 2014
    Hey um.. Sparkie. The forum? Yeah it's ugly and it looks like a monkey mashed a bunch of buttons to give us this.

The people who hate it. (Link)

The people who love it. (Link)

Oh I know. We've talked about it here at the office. Not sure if anything is going to change at the moment, but I'll let you guys know if it does.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any news on a replacement for the DQ Rewards page built into Arc? Links to the DQ Rewards page have disappeared from the forum, though the page itself is still functional.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh I know. We've talked about it here at the office. Not sure if anything is going to change at the moment, but I'll let you guys know if it does.

BForce them to change the white font to something like blue or dark grey f:fume The grey font they have here is good enough.

They also really need to make links have a different colour..right now you can't tell if someone has a link in their post or not.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Even if you must leave the colors as they are, can you at least put the bar at the top back with all of the links on it? We no longer have quick access to support, fb blessings, main news page, zen page, etc. and that is really frustrating. Especially frustrating when you keep telling people to submit a ticket about a problem, and there is no nice obvious link up at the top to get there (and when I used the tiny unnoticable one at the bottom it did not take me to the correct place).

The white font is harsh but I can deal with it. But this new layout with the top items missing is so not user friendly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • XNOOB - Dreamweaver
    XNOOB - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wellcome to pwi sparkiesoft
    have a question.
    u dont think either the *3x +10 orb* giveway mess, the right thing is giving the orbs for all who didnt get?
    also idk if DefenderOfLies sayd have ban ppl by abussing the code , they didnt ban anyone
    [SIGPIC]Dreamwever:XNOOB bm 105
    Floriin_ archer 100[/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    wellcome to pwi sparkiesoft
    have a question.
    u dont think either the *3x +10 orb* giveway mess, the right thing is giving the orbs for all who didnt get?
    also idk if DefenderOfLies sayd have ban ppl by abussing the code , they didnt ban anyone

This post made me cringe.f:scared

1) Sparkie wasn't hired at that time.
    2) The website messed things up.
    3) Who knows what their real reasons are for banning and not banning? They sure as hell will NEVER tell us, and I don't blame them because neither would I should I ever be in their shoes.

4) For someone level 105, you are not too bright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XNOOB - Dreamweaver
    XNOOB - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    my lvl have nothing to do with how smart im or not

i wass know even i dont read forum much him is new and coudnt be when that happend, but i suposed him find out...wass longest thread or what the name from pwi forum, evend if coudnt know i suposed will ask , i put that question to just see whats his opinion.
    "3) Who knows what their real reasons are for banning and not banning? They sure as hell will NEVER tell us, and I don't blame them because neither would I should I ever be in their shoes."

i know for sure they didnt banned and ppl shoudnt deserve get banned because wass pwi foult, but i do say is lieing if say somthing and in fact not happending, and if u read what i type i sayd i even dont know if they sayd will ban ppl in the end , i stop read that thread

i like to belive im not stupid, cant say same thing about u, gratz for orbs
    [SIGPIC]Dreamwever:XNOOB bm 105
    Floriin_ archer 100[/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    my lvl have nothing to do with how smart im or not

i wass know even i dont read forum much him is new and coudnt be when that happend, but i suposed him find out...wass longest thread or what the name from pwi forum, evend if coudnt know i suposed will ask , i put that question to just see whats his opinion.
    "3) Who knows what their real reasons are for banning and not banning? They sure as hell will NEVER tell us, and I don't blame them because neither would I should I ever be in their shoes."

i know for sure they didnt banned and ppl shoudnt deserve get banned because wass pwi foult, but i do say is lieing if say somthing and in fact not happending, and if u read what i type i sayd i even dont know if they sayd will ban ppl in the end , i stop read that thread

i like to belive im not stupid, cant say same thing about u, gratz for orbs

I didn't get orbs... And now your post is even more difficult to read.

Grats on the Avatar, Sparkie. Where is it from? Or custom made from a drawing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I believe it's an image Sweetiebot found when asked to show a picture of a Sparkiesoft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2