Cost of the S card set

SakuLv - Dreamweaver
SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
Hey all f:grin

I was wondering about the amount of money which r spend on
S cards.

So those who got full set of
S cards (6 cards or less) how much did it cost u to get them?

Could it be really more expensive than getting
r9 (1st cast)?

I Kinda tried to find thread about this, because im curious, but didnt had much luck finding one ;D

Thank you for your answers f:flower
Post edited by SakuLv - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There is the luck factor so I don't know if you can really have an answer (or you need a lot and do an average).
    I still haven't got any S card myself.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Depends on what you are after. If you want the complete neuma portal set (6 cards with the best combined stats) and you are looking at buying the war avatar packs directly from the boutique, then the cost far exceeds the cost of a full recast rank 9 set +12 with full josd *prior to the sirens of war (nation wars) expansion* on average.

i.e. on the order of 10,000 of the war avatar packs from the boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    War Avatars are heavily based on luck, which is something I strongly dislike.
    You need to be pretty lucky to get S cards and super lucky to get S cards that belong to a good set. Sets of two cards or three are possible but not as good as having 5-6 piece sets.

I'm fairly sure it costs far more than R9 considering that War Avatars themselves are like equipping another set of reinfed/sharded R9rr on top of your refined/sharded R9rr, just play with Asterelle's calculator and you'll see what I mean.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sinator_ - Sanctuary
    Sinator_ - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Don`t spend it, it`s a huge gamble, eventually you will regret it, there might be a few winners but there will be a whole lot of losers who attempt this, I gave up on catalysts also, so far blew 300m in them and never got even an A card, **** this!
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    I tried to get S card, but no luck of course

But i do know there are already many ppl who have 6 S cards (not sure if set or not)

So i wonder, how much did they spend to get them ;O

just curious
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Don`t spend it, it`s a huge gamble, eventually you will regret it, there might be a few winners but there will be a whole lot of losers who attempt this, I gave up on catalysts also, so far blew 300m in them and never got even an A card, **** this!

ouch 300mil f:faint pretty darn a lot
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    For any 6 S cards (ignoring which slots they go in or whether the sets match) the average cost would be 1000+ gold (if everyone didn't stop opening the packs until they had 6 S cards).

In reality I imagine most people bought a fixed number of packs based on their budget. It is probable that most of them didn't spend that much and simply got lucky. Of course there will be far more people that spent the same amount and have little to show for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinator_ - Sanctuary
    Sinator_ - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Tried to look for an older thread, smb. described in detail how much everything would cost and so on, and the numbers were simply staggering if you needed, for example, a full nuema set! Maybe smb can find it, if some evil GM/admin hasn`t deleted it for the shocking reality it reflects and so people would try and spend their money on this sinkhole!
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sell your car, sell your house and you can get anything you want in PWI. b:pleased

You could get many R9 chars before get a full S cards set.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Sell your car, sell your house and you can get anything you want in PWI. b:pleased

You could get many R9 chars before get a full S cards set.

I already have many r9 characters though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Akan - Momaganon
    Akan - Momaganon Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Average cost would be 20 000 gold if you get the boxes from cash shop, for a 6 card nuema portal set. Even by spending 20k gold you are not guaranteed to get the complete set...
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    I already have many r9 characters though.

trying to get my first character to r9...its so hard D:
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Average cost would be 20 000 gold if you get the boxes from cash shop, for a 6 card nuema portal set. Even by spending 20k gold you are not guaranteed to get the complete set...

thats just crazy f:horror
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been pretty lucky, I've spent maybe 250 gold and have 5 S cards. That's with 71/218 in my avatar book.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    asterpoo hax too much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been pretty lucky, I've spent maybe 250 gold and have 5 S cards. That's with 71/218 in my avatar book.

I've spent about 300, 71/218, not a single S card and only 3 As.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaosbeibei - Harshlands
    Chaosbeibei - Harshlands Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    come on guys keep open dedm boxed neuma portal set is not impossibleb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Why do you have Kestra in Destroyer instead of Battle, where you could have 2/6 Nuema Portal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why do you have Kestra in Destroyer instead of Battle, where you could have 2/6 Nuema Portal?

There's no bonus until 6/6 Nuema Portal and I like the blue stats on Anonymous Wiseman better.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    I've spent about 300, 71/218, not a single S card and only 3 As.

I spent 200 gold and got 1 A card. I'm not spending another coin on avatars until I get jades. Which is apparently going to take forever because they make DoD unnecessarily rare for no reason.

The worst part about my cards isn't the bad luck with the packs, but the fact that the entire contents of my war avatar bag disappeared after one of the maintenance cycles and as you know I hadn't devoured any cards since I didn't realize that you can get the XP back when you devour upgraded cards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014

nice cards f:stare
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    I spent 200 gold and got 1 A card. I'm not spending another coin on avatars until I get jades. Which is apparently going to take forever because they make DoD unnecessarily rare for no reason.

The worst part about my cards isn't the bad luck with the packs, but the fact that the entire contents of my war avatar bag disappeared after one of the maintenance cycles and as you know I hadn't devoured any cards since I didn't realize that you can get the XP back when you devour upgraded cards.

I got 2 A from the FSP xD
    i feel bad for someone spending 300 gold D: just for 3 A
  • trufflles
    trufflles Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    come on guys keep open dedm boxed neuma portal set is not impossibleb:thanks

sorry but this topic isn't for "after maintenance full nuema set/crown of madness hax characters", go troll somewhere else, no fans 4 u here.

on topic: 60 gold with a result of 3 A Cards (FSP B-S Cards Boxes). Lucky 2 of those A cards were longevity and durability so i have something to sink XP in till Fortuna strikes 4 me too.f:sweat
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have 3 S cards.

Plume City Elder
    Lorelei(Nuema Portal set)
    Emperor Tsang.

I've gotten them from under 20 FSP packs, which I consider very lucky, seeing there is a 2% chance to get them from FSP packs. Each pack costed 8m so a total of 160m. Do I think that amount of money was worth these cards? Yes, I do. S cards are extremely overpowered comparing them to C B or A cards.

Have to use a S durability in battle slot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You need approximately 2300 gold to have a decent chance of getting 6 S cards, based on 1.04% chance.

You can convert the rest into real money or ingame coin to see the costs. In short, getting S cards = luck based.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    you would need ask that archer from DW?Harshland? server - i believe he knows the "PWE's price for nuema portal set" b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    you would need ask that archer from DW?Harshland? server - i believe he knows the "PWE's price for nuema portal set" b:chuckle

b:chuckle true that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• The_general - Heavens Tear
    The_general - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi everyone.

Can someone explain how exacly Leadership works?
    I know how entire avatar/nuema system works.
    But not leadership.b:chuckle

Ty b:victory
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Hi everyone.

Can someone explain how exacly Leadership works?
    I know how entire avatar/nuema system works.
    But not leadership.b:chuckle

Ty b:victory

A and S cards have a random 1-3 leadership point requirement B cards have a random 1-2. You start with 10 default leadership points and every leadership point a card requires takes away so many leadership points

Example. I have 10 leadership points. I equip a card that requires 2 leadership points. I am left with 8 leadership points. If you don't have enough leadership to equip cards that require more than you have available, you can upgrade at the War Avatar Master
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    Nigelus - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2014