What start time for NW - pick

mrcharlytoo
mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Suggestion Box
Ok, so a large majority of the people who voted agreed with the idea of an earlier start time for NW (Sunday).

The next step is to pick a time.

Current time is 8:20pm server time, which is 2:20am european time. I think something closer to 10pm european time would be better. However - here is a poll with a range of times.
Post edited by mrcharlytoo on

Comments

• Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Uhm, where in europe do you compare it with anyways...?

2pm servertime (west coast server) is what I would say is 10pm servertime (timezone 0)
    If NW was at 2:20 pm servertime, it would be 11:20 pm for me (as I'm timezone +1) and the 2 hours to complete the NW as well the time would then be 01:20 am before I can go to bed.

I have uni next day, I'm not even sure I would be able to attend that lol
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited January 2014
    I beg your pardon, I was thinking of the east coast servers and western europe (france, germany, etc).
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I beg your pardon, I was thinking of the east coast servers and western europe (france, germany, etc).

Just for he record, 14.00h Server time (TW timing) is 23.00h Spain time
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Yea, as playing on a west coast server I'm even more far from the servertime
    Well if I had to choose, I would pick time at midday (or 12:20) at servertime, that would be 9:20 pm for me and I would be able to go sleep before midnight. This should make most american able to attend as well, at least as long its a sunday. Hard to make everyone happy, I believe some from Asia wouldn't be able attend that time then... They still can attend friday one though, but I'm sure they wouldn't be happy to loose a time.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't mean to be rude, but are you assuming because your past thread got a slightly positive support in your favor, that they will actually change the time for you? They won't, I'm just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited January 2014
    I don't mean to be rude, but are you assuming because your past thread got a slightly positive support in your favor, that they will actually change the time for you? They won't, I'm just saying.

I can dream.

I think 70% is more than 'slightly positive'. That's a significant majority.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good luck, but I hope they won't change time on european server (i didn't answer to the poll though because it seems specific to US servers even if events are at same time for each PWI server)

Edit : It seems that it doesn't concern people playing on west coast servers as well, right ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited January 2014
    Well at least one european who plays on west coast servers responded.

TBH, I can't see why they can't add a 3rd NW at a totally different time. Apart from having no interest in supporting players.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Well at least one european who plays on west coast servers responded.

In this case the time slots in your poll won't be accurate for that personn
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For me, it's convenient where it's at.

However, I do understand that the time and day isn't right for everyone, so that's not fair. Perhaps having NW every day, but being allowed only 2 NW's per week would be somehow feasible. Have the ability to join linked to an item that you only get 2 of per week, and have a couple of different time slots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since for me Nw finish at 4:30am I wold love to see some changes. Althought thats even ok for friday to stay as it is, but earlier time for sunday is really necessary because no one can attend that Nw due working mondays. That put us in non equeal position since we can do only 1 nw per week while rest can do both.

Think would be faire to get at least 1 day earlier nw.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited January 2014
    However, I do understand that the time and day isn't right for everyone, so that's not fair. Perhaps having NW every day, but being allowed only 2 NW's per week would be somehow feasible. Have the ability to join linked to an item that you only get 2 of per week, and have a couple of different time slots.

Would't be fair as well because rewards are related to the servers population and not the numbers of people attending the event.

Without being rude I would say that this sounds totally logical that event time is only related to server time. I mean I could understand someone saying that 20h20-22h20 is not a could time slot if his timezone is the same as the server's one. But if you play on a totally different timezone then this is just your choice...
    I could maybe understand Indian or Australian people complaining but regarding european people I definitely can't (especially the ones playing on a PVE server). Some will argue that they were playing on US servers before the creation of Lothranis/Momaganon and that they had friends there. But this was still a choice not coming on EU servers 3 years ago...

That's my own opinion but this wouldn't be fair to me if they change timeslots for people that chose a server in their own timezone.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For me, it's convenient where it's at.

To be honest I really don't think there is a time that is 'fair'/neutral to everyone who plays this game, time zones can be quite tricky, especially if you factor in work/school or even 'religious' activities.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • darknes051
    darknes051 Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    2pm server time- cant make it- working
    4pm server time- cant make it- working
    6pm server time- cant make it- working

8:20 pm server time- perfect for me and the server which is DW- i can go to NW without problems

so my answer is- none above

I do feel sorry for those who are from other time zone ;( b:surrender
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    I could maybe understand Indian or Australian people complaining but regarding european people I definitely can't (especially the ones playing on a PVE server). Some will argue that they were playing on US servers before the creation of Lothranis/Momaganon and that they had friends there. But this was still a choice not coming on EU servers 3 years ago...

You can understand why australian people complain? But not european?
    On west coast server 20:20 servertime is very far from Australia, result that NW will be in the morning for these people. While europeans may be closer to the servertime, the NW still happens to be in middle of the night. (and what does it have to do with pve server?) It's not the total amounts of hours you're in front of the timezone thats the problem, it's where the events end up be for the person.
    Otherwise yea, I kinda agree with rest of your post. I made the choice to stay on this server at the cost of bad timezone for events. However I'm not complaining either (besides it would ofc be nice with NW matching my time, no doubt) because I dont regret my choice of staying here... But I still understands why other europeans feel as they do and are complaining.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon