FC- Skills on bosses?

Nibaki - Heavens Tear
Nibaki - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Wizard
Which skills should i be using on bosses in FC?
Open with Undine then what should i be using next? Any tips for wiz in FC would be helpful.
Post edited by Nibaki - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you have a seeker with soul shatter - fire skills.

Otherwise just undine - and use earth skills and throw in a pyrogram or something when waiting for cooldowns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I generally undine -> triple spark -> cloud -> sutra combo -> derp skills when im solo'ing frost. By the end of the first spark, most bosses are either dead or pretty close to dead. Skill choice depends on gear/culti/etc though, for a sage wiz with my gear it is generally best to alternate between pyro and stone rain against frost bosses.. but as I said it may be different depending how similar your character is to mine.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I generally undine -> triple spark -> cloud -> sutra combo -> derp skills when im solo'ing frost. By the end of the first spark, most bosses are either dead or pretty close to dead. Skill choice depends on gear/culti/etc though, for a sage wiz with my gear it is generally best to alternate between pyro and stone rain against frost bosses.. but as I said it may be different depending how similar your character is to mine.

triple spark -> -86 channel -> undine -> derp skills
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • HazZzarD - Harshlands
    HazZzarD - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    triple spark -> -86 channel -> undine -> derp skills

Way to steal the spotlight cheze b:cry
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm, since you are asking i guess you are not 100 yet, maybe not even 89 so triple spark sutra combos might not work....

I advice undine + mostly fire+earth skills on FC bosses, just doing pyrogram+stone rain and repeat might be good enough... those bosses arent hard and dont demand great DDing on them
  • Peterpeterm - Raging Tide
    Peterpeterm - Raging Tide Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2014

You need to record this o.o...im having issue believing it..i know your 12+ but some bosses in Fc are 1.5mill hp. b:surrender
  • Muzaki - Morai
    Muzaki - Morai Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You need to record this o.o...im having issue believing it..i know your 12+ but some bosses in Fc are 1.5mill hp. b:surrender

full R9S3 +12 with recasted +12 nw rings+cube neck, 60k damage sparked, i dont have trouble believe it b:chuckle Would be nice to see a wizard solo FC though
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    full R9S3 +12 with recasted +12 nw rings+cube neck, 60k damage sparked, i dont have trouble believe it b:chuckle Would be nice to see a wizard solo FC though

Add being full S cards to the combo and you have Adroit's so... yeah, kinda posible xD
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just use primal glacial embrace, undine, spark, and herpderp with channeling gear. Bosses die in 2 sparks or so.

With regard to the comment about Soul Shatter I would do undine, triple spark, sutra, div pyro, pyro, pitfall, stone rain, sandstorm. Soul shatter works on earth skills too and the fc bosses have low earth defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fei_Lung - Sanctuary
    Fei_Lung - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you're running FC in average gear or if you are lower level, the quick answer is earth, earth and more earth. Every boss in FC is water element. Even the phoenix, I know it says fire, but do a damage test, it is actually weak to earth.

Just a general tip, not really specific to FC, you can build a series of macros that capitalize on elemental resists. For example, water mobs are weak to earth, so you make a macro that focuses mainly on earth skills, and toss in a fire skill or two to help with cooldowns. Fair warning though: don't use them until you're comfortable with the individual boss fights, several bosses in FC require you to move to avoid potentially fatal AOEs, and nothing sucks more than stopping to cast a skill right before an AOE goes off.
  • Peterpeterm - Raging Tide
    Peterpeterm - Raging Tide Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Yep i demand to see this so i can drool over and dream about it b:kissb:surrender