godmode play style

petrave
petrave Posts: 40 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
hi all i just did see today r9s3 sin lvl 101 2 reawaken 1 hit bosses in bh 69 seems to me that pve wise pwi need to balance the bosses to r9s3 its like playing in godmode that way al bosses wil be to easy and pwi gets to boring for them i talk to that sin and he was like yeah no challenge pve wise annymore
it is a shame that pwi give players the option to run in godmode
really a shame
Post edited by petrave on

Comments

• Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    two words: power creep
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maybe if you didn't go into a dungeon that's designed for lv70-80 as lv101*2 reawakenings+ end-game gear you wouldn't play godmode. It's like saying I can run bh39 and unable to die when I actually play.
    Do dungeons according to your level (flowsilver palace) and put that onehitting godmode to the test.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Its no secret that endgame gear exceeds our PvE content by far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Uh no, let's not redo the bosses that people still enjoy doing that aren't interested in r9rr +epeen sharded w JoSImsocool twice reboredbadassbuttonpushers
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Uh no, let's not redo the bosses that people still enjoy doing that aren't interested in r9rr +epeen sharded w JoSImsocool twice reboredbadassbuttonpushers

Pretty much this!
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    it would be nice if reawakened people had to do an alternate "advanced" version of these instances for their bhs.

it would be nice...

you know...

just a thought...

(inb4r999playersqqingthatitwouldtaketoolongforthemtogettheirbhsdoneassteamrollingtheactualinstacestakesaround5minsandthatistoomuchtimeforthem)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Did you stop to consider that maybe... just maybe... the boss was designed with level 70ish players in mind who have far less offense AND defense than a super endgame anything has?

Or should I claim it's godmode that I can take a level 89 wiz into FB19 and 1-shot the bosses there so FB19 needs to be redone to give me more challenge and who cares if anyone it was actually designed for wants to do it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • petrave
    edited February 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Did you stop to consider that maybe... just maybe... the boss was designed with level 70ish players in mind who have far less offense AND defense than a super endgame anything has?

Or should I claim it's godmode that I can take a level 89 wiz into FB19 and 1-shot the bosses there so FB19 needs to be redone to give me more challenge and who cares if anyone it was actually designed for wants to do it.

true but reawaken lvl 70 who can wear there endgame gear also do those bosses wothout heals etc so dont say power creep didnt came in to pwi its just a shame that the greed of the pwi developers destroy a great game
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    petrave wrote: »
    true but reawaken lvl 70 who can wear there endgame gear also do those bosses wothout heals etc so dont say power creep didnt came in to pwi its just a shame that the greed of the pwi developers destroy a great game

Now this is a valid point, but I highly doubt they'd implement such a system. It'd be nice that when you reawaken, you'll be required to kill "reawakened" BH bosses in order to get that quest done, and when you go into a BH, there's an option to run it as reawakened (where the difficulty is higher) so that the reawakened boss is at the end, rather than have it as normal currently. Sort of how each TT has three levels.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited February 2014

It's more the winers like you who complain without any sense of logics that ruin the game. Hard to enjoy it when ppl QQ about dungeons being easy when they were designed for lv70-80ppl with lv70-80 gear. Obviously if you go in there with lv100+ gear it will be hella easier.

What do you expect? That PW makes a balancer-system for each dungeon that calculates the squads "battle rating" and by that result make the dungeon harder/easier? You'll end up with one OP r9r3 person getting the other 5 normal lv70-80's dead because thanks to your rating the boss has triple it's damage output including for it's aoe's. How is that better?

If it's not, please feel free to give a solution instead of blindly complaining about how lower leveled stuff is easier due to using lv100+ gear. (you could always equip some tt80 gear if you really want a challenge there.)
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Whereas PWE is the single greediest company I have seen in the rpgmmo industry (and to well beyond anything I could have ever imagined in terms of greed), that has no connection to the PvE aspect of the game at end game. The bigger issues in this respect are:

1. end game geared players doing end game dungeons if they exist (YOU can choose to find others that actually have the quest(s) you are on and specifically ask for non-rb when making a group). Lord knows the rbs ask specifically for rb only enough lately b:chuckle

2. pwe ADDING (emphasis on ADDING) PvE content without revising and thus destroying what is available at the lower levels / gear builds. SoT (death by revisal), Abba (death by revisal), Nirvy (death by adding NW improperly) are 3 good examples of what PWE botched up by mostly revising instead of adding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • petrave
    edited February 2014
    It's more the winers like you who complain without any sense of logics that ruin the game. Hard to enjoy it when ppl QQ about dungeons being easy when they were designed for lv70-80ppl with lv70-80 gear. Obviously if you go in there with lv100+ gear it will be hella easier.

What do you expect? That PW makes a balancer-system for each dungeon that calculates the squads "battle rating" and by that result make the dungeon harder/easier? You'll end up with one OP r9r3 person getting the other 5 normal lv70-80's dead because thanks to your rating the boss has triple it's damage output including for it's aoe's. How is that better?

If it's not, please feel free to give a solution instead of blindly complaining about how lower leveled stuff is easier due to using lv100+ gear. (you could always equip some tt80 gear if you really want a challenge there.)

maybe idea give reawaken a other bh not the same as none reawaken and cap the let say bh 69 for people who needs it and have the bh make a check where you have to check at beggining if you have bh when not you cant enter d that way you keep op player with endgame out of there and have normall lvl squads play and learn there toons with quest and bh they need
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    maybe idea give reawaken a other bh not the same as none reawaken and cap the let say bh 69 for people who needs it and have the bh make a check where you have to check at beggining if you have bh when not you cant enter d that way you keep op player with endgame out of there and have normall lvl squads play and learn there toons with quest and bh they need
    And what about FBs?
    How about people running it for Nuema?
    What about the folks that just like going back through old caves for the heck of it?

The caves are used for more than just BHs and trying to tamper with them to give a challenge to the endgame when there's PLENTY of people who not only aren't endgame but on top of that it wasn't designed for endgame is kinda ridiculous.

And that's without considering that many average re-awakened players actually could die in there still..... plus let's not forget there's absolutely nothing stopping an endgame player from wearing weaker gear to gain challenge. But what of those who don't have endgame gear? They don't get to magically use stronger gear to remove the challenge they do have to deal with.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dug through our pictures (at Marine site) and it is no longer there but we had a psy that did over 800k to the sot boss (pre revamp) with a r8 weapon, so a sin one hitting that boss in fb69 is not out of the question reborn or not
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It never fails to amaze me how many people especially the endgame geared take the new content, fly through it as fast as humanly possible, expect cheers from the masses, then go, "this game is too easy. I'm bored. I can one hit everything.PWI should change everything and cater to us only".

It would be like donning a sharkproof suit, swimming in a group of hungry sharks after chum has been dumped in the water and saying, sharks are harmless.

Next time dive in with them naked.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2014

But Kossy you of all people should know by now that with power creep it's all about end-game and power gaming. That level 70 dungeon? By the time players are level 75 they just want to go to Frost City pay 300k and get up to 90 and meet the next requirements of the wonderful gear treadmill.

Look it up -- Power Gaming:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimization_%28role-playing_games%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Min-maxing

Your character isn't leveled back down to Level 70 with overpowered gear. It isn't side-kicked or even rewarded for helping lower level players. Oh reputation? We're just going to quickly vendor for it it, boom done.

Remember when reputation in Perfect World International actually meant something and it took 6 months to get 35,000 or so reputation just from grinding, taking people through dungeons. Yeah, that was a real achievement. b:laugh. Now people just buy reputation and overpowered gear isn't even hard earned. So there is no point in sticking around at level 70 and there are so many quests now as well. People just want to get to 100 and be done with it?

I'll quote something from another MMO Website that publishes the original Perfect World Online and let me quote this:

2. Perfect World Online

It was a major hit before it was released by the perfect world company, and we are talking about Perfect World Online, which was considered for many people, as one of the best online games out there. Anyhow, the game revealed its real grinding experience curve and the whole repetitive quest system, and it turned from a perfect world to a perfect disaster. Even when the game still has a big community, it still lacks of a good story line and originality. Plus, the current perfect world players couldn't even get into the game level cap, as for the game requires an insane amount of experience in the last levels. Consequently, there aren't any players who got into the end game content because this will also imply spending lots of money in experience cash shop related items. This game isn't recommended as well for people who aren't simply into killing 5000 monsters for just one quest.

You know there is an interesting article about this Coral Reef effect and it's real interesting:
    http://taugrim.com/2013/06/10/why-pve-content-shouldnt-be-a-coral-reef/

This is a really good read for any developer and in some ways procedural level generation can help this but you've got to be good at creating "game tiles".

Created a wonderful world, where players can play in? Spending that time doing that quest and looking at that wonderful tree. Nope. Not efficient gamers and I say everyone embrace power gaming and min-maxing cause that is what everyone should be doing.

I reckon everyone SHOULD BE min maxing and optimizing so we get really good quality experiences with playing. Then all these gear treadmill games will have to actual go off the edge of Nebraska or something. Just go die in general, or if we do have achievements in-game make it worth while. Don't go "Oh yeah that really nice gear... we're going to do paying for power now and all that effort you put in to get it is worth jack.

If you want proof that I've been there:
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/profile/0e/a3/0ea3e801225de2620cd4b86962c683121291777358.jpg
    -- back when owning a rank weapon meant something.

Here is what REAL commitment looks like (This is before the days of GArena)
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/profile/90/83/9083f4cc2e0d09c9723a005cfad4e3bc1295927020.jpg
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/profile/04/9a049adde80c58594a484849d2d1bc4c691295926980.jpg
    -- Let alone later on when owning a WARSOUL weapon meant something.

It never fails to amaze me how many people especially the endgame geared take the new content, fly through it as fast as humanly possible, expect cheers from the masses, then go, "this game is too easy. I'm bored. I can one hit everything.PWI should change everything and cater to us only".

It would be like donning a sharkproof suit, swimming in a group of hungry sharks after chum has been dumped in the water and saying, sharks are harmless.

Good games do difficulty through mechanics and systems or have you been living under a rock these part 4 years?
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maybe if you didn't go into a dungeon that's designed for lv70-80 as lv101*2 reawakenings+ end-game gear you wouldn't play godmode. It's like saying I can run bh39 and unable to die when I actually play.
    Do dungeons according to your level (flowsilver palace) and put that onehitting godmode to the test.

This
    But still, i do think the game is rather easy for todays average gear level, even FSP. But not everyone has end game gear and if they make instances that can only be done with skill + endgame gear, the casual players and endgame "noobs" would QQ b:chuckle

The solution i guess if you want a chalenge is not to equip 1 toon with end game gear, but just make a new toon when stuff gets too easy with your current one or focus on PvP :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Dive in with the right fashion..youllbe naked b:shocked
  • petrave
    edited February 2014
    And what about FBs?
    How about people running it for Nuema?
    What about the folks that just like going back through old caves for the heck of it?

The caves are used for more than just BHs and trying to tamper with them to give a challenge to the endgame when there's PLENTY of people who not only aren't endgame but on top of that it wasn't designed for endgame is kinda ridiculous.

And that's without considering that many average re-awakened players actually could die in there still..... plus let's not forget there's absolutely nothing stopping an endgame player from wearing weaker gear to gain challenge. But what of those who don't have endgame gear? They don't get to magically use stronger gear to remove the challenge they do have to deal with.

1 neuma can be placed inawakend bh cave,s second fb you can do with poeple in lvl range with normal gear the problem in pwi is today a lot of people dont use skills annymore spark with over the top gear is enough it is insane that even a 101 can gathere pole al the mobs in area where pole and nob are walkingand kill both bossen and mobs without heals hp drop so pls stop this powercreep and give none reawakend or op geared players old pwi back and not the cashshoppers dream pwi but the pwi it was sometime ago where doing cave,s and tt etc was something to be proud off
    b:cry
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Now this is a valid point, but I highly doubt they'd implement such a system. It'd be nice that when you reawaken, you'll be required to kill "reawakened" BH bosses in order to get that quest done, and when you go into a BH, there's an option to run it as reawakened (where the difficulty is higher) so that the reawakened boss is at the end, rather than have it as normal currently. Sort of how each TT has three levels.

I'd like to reiterate myself since no one seemed to see my earlier reply.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Whereas PWE is the single greediest company I have seen in the rpgmmo industry (and to well beyond anything I could have ever imagined in terms of greed)

PWE isn't as bad as Aer*a. At least here, you can buy everything with ingame gold. The other forces you to buy everything yourself or you're screwed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2014

The greed is on both ends.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    PWE isn't as bad as Aer*a. At least here, you can buy everything with ingame gold. The other forces you to buy everything yourself or you're screwed.

I'm willing to bet that endgame gear doesn't cost $3k+ though. b:sweat
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm willing to bet that endgame gear doesn't cost $3k+ though. b:sweat

it costs more when i played their now removed flagship game (version 2) you could buy the gear but in terms of item costs you consider ours like shopping at the dollar store to theirs. The main problem in that game was the bot problem which is pretty close to pw-cn's problem.

There was only one top level gear @ max level (aside pets) you could compare it to niv here. 60m for a unrefined weapon g16 would be 8-900 million there, top refined was pushing over several billion coins.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • petrave
    edited February 2014
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I'd like to reiterate myself since no one seemed to see my earlier reply.

b:victory i did and i agree a reawaken bh for just and only reawakend toons wouyld be fair you can place neuma in there and make other bh for non reawaken toons and cap it for lvl who need it that way ypou get people who need there skills to do it and not just go in o i have high gear al in here only tickleb:chuckle
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    PvE can still be challenging at endgame gear. If you challenge yourself. For example

-solo'ing SoT/Abaddon for the buff pots/skill books
    -6+ solo runs on one PV token
    -solo'ing WBs
    -solo'ing Lunar

I'm sure there are more.

Yes, with endgame gear you can one shot a boss in BH69, but other than whilst reawakening/helping someone, you have no reason to go in there, as at that gear level that instance has nothing to offer you. So why would it matter.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Evangile - Dreamweaver
    Evangile - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Some lower BH Bosses are OP though.. I totally got one shotted twice in BH69, by a 100 damage hit, and once in BH79. :(
    PlsnomakemoreOPb:sad
    Time to nut up, or shut up. -Tallahasse b:shocked
  • petrave
    edited February 2014
    PvE can still be challenging at endgame gear. If you challenge yourself. For example

-solo'ing SoT/Abaddon for the buff pots/skill books
    -6+ solo runs on one PV token
    -solo'ing WBs
    -solo'ing Lunar

I'm sure there are more.

Yes, with endgame gear you can one shot a boss in BH69, but other than whilst reawakening/helping someone, you have no reason to go in there, as at that gear level that instance has nothing to offer you. So why would it matter.

d you proved my point thx solo things wich where meant to be a challenge fro squads solo sot etc etc and wb dam i remember when2 guilds had to work togheter to do that
    really powercreep came in big in pwi if you can solo a wb or bh 100 cave and then they say pwi isnt giving godmode options or make op classes/gear lol biggest lie ever b:chuckle
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    d you proved my point thx solo things wich where meant to be a challenge fro squads solo sot etc etc and wb dam i remember when2 guilds had to work togheter to do that
    really powercreep came in big in pwi if you can solo a wb or bh 100 cave and then they say pwi isnt giving godmode options or make op classes/gear lol biggest lie ever b:chuckle

I don't see a problem here.

Even way back before R9/rr was so prevalent I remember there were OP geared sin's that would solo farm Nirvana in 15mins where others would need to form squads and take ages killing each boss.

With the best gear in the game and skill/experience I don't see why you shouldn't be able to solo stuff that others with not so good gear need squads for. I mean if we took PvP out of the equation here - which is the main reason for aiming for such gear of course.

The challenge you speak of still exists, go forth and form a squad and have fun.

PWI is making OP gear agreed, OP classes is more down to the player/skill/playstyle.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • petrave
    edited February 2014
    I don't see a problem here.

Even way back before R9/rr was so prevalent I remember there were OP geared sin's that would solo farm Nirvana in 15mins where others would need to form squads and take ages killing each boss.

With the best gear in the game and skill/experience I don't see why you shouldn't be able to solo stuff that others with not so good gear need squads for. I mean if we took PvP out of the equation here - which is the main reason for aiming for such gear of course.

The challenge you speak of still exists, go forth and form a squad and have fun.

PWI is making OP gear agreed, OP classes is more down to the player/skill/playstyle.

i wil have fun its not the point of players having op gear its the point of pwi beeing greedy powercreep destroyed so manny good game,s and i hope pwi doesnt become one one the list compared to lets say 3 years ago pwi already changed al lot for the worse i wil form squads and hvae fun but it pains me to see how pwi is today b:cry