How To **** Up A Game

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok so i had some rounds with a good friend of mine and the win ration has gone from 80%/20% my favor to 100% his...at first i thought maybe i was having off days, so i waited. Then...i tried again same result...figured maybe server lag so i waited. then i tried again...and after keeping track of the damage, i have come to realize. if you get your damage from the same stat you get your crits and you have a zerk or spirithole weapon then go on brother; break the game. with the ability to reborn twice and get a gazillion points a crit rate of 75% with a weapon that removes all buffs or zerks is just plain ridiculous. i can already feel the trolls starting so i will say this..I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FIG...most archers and sins i know already admitted they are just taking advantage of this oversight to milk all they can out of tw's, pk and nw.

Now here's a question for the mods and gm's that may read this:

WHY CAN'T PERFECT WORLD HAVE BALANCED CLASSES?

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT MAKING SURE EVERYONE CAN MAKE A STRONG CHARACTER AND HAVE FUN IN PK NO MATTER WHAT YOUR CLASS?

WHY DO YOU GUYS IMPLEMENT STUFF WITHOUT HAVE THE FORETHOUGHT TO FULLY TESTED IT OUT OR PREFER NOT TO MAKE BETA TRIALS SO WE THE PLAYERS CAN GIVE FEEDBACK?

this question is for those who haven't woken up yet....

WHY ARE YOU SPENDING MONEY ON A GAME WHERE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ATROCIOUS AND THE DEVELOPERS DON'T GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT ABOUT HOW THE STUFF THEY ARE ADDING WORKS WITHIN THE GAME SYSTEM?

to the trolls have fun...

to those who agree..pls pls write a reply

to those who know me this is good-bye till the next expansion or maybe longer....this games has been irritating me for some time now...my patience is gone as is my desire to try and pk.

Preach it brotha. Dem archers need sum serious nerfz. 75% crit rate too stronk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Oh please. None of us have claimed the game is perfect as is or anything of the sort. We've merely pointed out that what you're complaining about is due to a lack of skill on your end. Unfortunately, you have gone and proven yourself to be poorly skilled at your class and being misinformed or having poor judgement of what you think is "good" from the class you're mostly having issue with. So, until you can show us evidence that that isn't the case, that's what we're going to believe.

You have several other endgame and near endgame clerics here telling you you're wrong and backing it up with accurate reasoning and experience. You have a video showing you an example. We're not all part of some major conspiracy against you... you just aren't very good from what you've presented us. Right now, the burden of proof is on you. If you can bring that, then sure we can go back to discussing the dynamic you have issue with. As is? No, not really.

Oh and just because someone has proven themselves a poor player doesn't mean they can't have a point on occasion. There have been times in the past where the forums have collectively agreed with... of all people... Yulk. Just because we can confidently say you can't play very well doesn't mean we wouldn't agree if you brought up a legitimate issue.

... But the thing is, this right here? Not a legitimate issue. At all.

what again have I said that was inaccurate? and who here is the endgame cleric trying to help me? you? lmao yeah right. you keep posting on here...so it means you have time. come see me and take on the attitude of someone trying to be helpful rather than dismissive. till then i cant take you seriously either.

PS: i have people who actually play the damn class telling me think think it's too OP and you are taking examples and making up the counter as you go along. give it a break socrates...we can both argue along those tenements but it does not prove anything nor does the conversation evolve.

Finally actions speak louder than voice. my point here is not prove how great i am. rather it's to prove how messed up the game is. ergo the burden of proof is for me to prove that, not to earn a gold star from you or your seal of approval. if you wanna see then wait till i get my friend to post, or like i have been saying for a while now, come check me. or you can continue to get your friend to stop by and try to troll in the discreet manner you have been doing.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    You know, I've only been halfway paying attention to this thread since I posted on the first or second page, but....

I'm a cleric. Until recently I was only level 101. (Now I've rebirthed, but that doesn't affect what I'm about to say anyhow.)
    Back in the day before R8/9 I was moderately geared with a mix of TT and Legendary. most of it wasn't past +5, my weapon was +6, and I was sharded almost entirely with level 7 or 8 garnets. In PvP 1-vs-1 I was a force to be reckoned with. For the most part the only times I would get taken down were from a Wiz or a Psy that would crit for more HP than I had, or on the rare occasion that a BM or Sin managed to stunlock me.

Even now, in TW when I have plain R8 gear that's +3 or 4, and a R8 weapon that's +4, I'm usually able to hold my own. Yes, I die a lot. I expect that because I'm under-geared and have a realtively small HP pool. But I can still handle most battles 1 vs 1, and I can even manage an R9x archer sometimes because they spent all their money on their gear and don't have a clue about how to actually play.
    Mostly it's because I'm aware of their skills, and the combinations that they're most likely to use against me, so I time my skills and defenses accordingly. I also keep 4 different genies. One for casual play, One for heavy squad use like TT or Rebirth where I'm going to be in BB most of the time, one for PvP, and one for TW. (Though I haven't done PvP nearly as much because I'm very outclassed gear-wise, and don't feel like forking money into dolls/scrolls.)

The biggest thing though is practice, and discussions. Make friends with some people in other classes that actually know how to play their class and are good at PvP. Then start discussions on tactics and practice in duels. (Yes, I know, the mechanics are different slightly than actual PvP, but when you don't have a charm-tick to save you, it actually helps you adapt more)
    Mainly, get out there and practice. Record yourself in PvP battles, and then play it back and review what happened.

There's some good vids over in the cleric forum too. Both about what to do, and what not to do. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    what again have u said that was inaccurate? and who here is the endgame cleric trying to help me? you? lmao yeah right. you keep posting on here...you have time. come see me and take on the attitude of someone trying to be helpful rather than dismissive. till then i cant take you seriously either.

PS: i have people who actually play the damn class telling me think think it's too OP and you are taking examples and making up the counter as you go along. give it a break socrates...we can both argue along those tenements but it does not prove anything nor does the conversation evolve.
    Your PS is completely unquantified... which is kinda stupid. Without knowing the skill of these people and gear as well as relevant situations, they can be, for all we know, in the same tier as those venos claiming Phoenix bleed wasn't OP back when +5 TT90 was godly. Or the sins claiming the ability to triple spark in stealth was perfectly reasonable.

Hell, you could be asking some level 80 archer who keeps 2-shotting a level 40 wiz or whatever for all we know here.

The fact that you obviously don't know how archers work, as my response to your other post's edit shows, just makes the statements you're making even more dubious.

And I got to point out even more flaws with your edit from the other post:
    Edit: Oh you added more in. Okay.

.... You have no idea how archers work do you?

ZTP wood/ice/fire combo? lolwut. Archers have 0 fire skills. (blazing arrow is a self buff), Vicious arrow has a wood DoT... as a bonus from the PHSYCIAL attack. Much like how blazing scarab is a wood attack with a fire DoT as a bonus. Frost arrow is only a water attack for sages. And why in the hell would an archer burn a ZTP for physical skills when the skills don't add much extra damage compared to an auto-attack they have things like quickshot? Really now come on!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    it is kinda annoying to have to prove myself to be taken seriously but i guess until i do you guys will just try to keep shooting me down no matter what i say, cause it is interesting to point out i am not the only person asking for game balance and saying that the way things are is not cool. yet i am the only on being told i am wrong for it.
    if you propose your problem in a mature way, youll have a good number of pple backing you up, but i think you started on the wrong side of the bed. The first post just looked like a raging QQ, i was going to reply to 'that' accordingly too lol but after reading everything i get the gist of what your saying.
    WHY CAN'T PERFECT WORLD HAVE BALANCED CLASSES?

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT MAKING SURE EVERYONE CAN MAKE A STRONG CHARACTER AND HAVE FUN IN PK NO MATTER WHAT YOUR CLASS?
    i dont think its exactly the characters that are unbalanced but more the gear and how you mix and match them. If you calculate balance based on the best possible gear/stats in the game, the more it screws up the majority of the lower and middle class. Much like society lol. No one really wants to 'dumb down' their status. And if a fair 'fun' PK is what you guys are looking for, talk it out together and use NPC gear. Rebirth might give some advantage but it'll lessen your version of 'unbalance' a bit. And when it comes down to NW/TW, well, thats when you know what pple really want. The upper hand.
    WHY DO YOU GUYS IMPLEMENT STUFF WITHOUT HAVE THE FORETHOUGHT TO FULLY TESTED IT OUT OR PREFER NOT TO MAKE BETA TRIALS SO WE THE PLAYERS CAN GIVE FEEDBACK?
    because the stuff they get is from china. PWE is basically, in a way, retailers that market this game to the non china community. Its like expecting walmart to test their games before they sell it. They cant do that, it just wont happen, the most you get is quality assurance that the seal isnt broken and the item is in physical condition to sell. Sometimes they may add a bonus toothbrush if they feel generous.
    WHY ARE YOU SPENDING MONEY ON A GAME WHERE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ATROCIOUS AND THE DEVELOPERS DON'T GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT ABOUT HOW THE STUFF THEY ARE ADDING WORKS WITHIN THE GAME SYSTEM?
    cause its our god given right to spend our money how ever the fak we want f:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The whole point about winning by skill cannot exist in any game, consider,

If two chars are exactly equally geared in all ways and exactly equal skilled and both use exactly the same skill at exactly the same time with both having the same chance at an added proc. then its up to the random number generator as to who gets lucky first.

Now apply this to two different char classes where one has its ideal attack, and one an ideal defence to that attack, then, its up to the number generator to decide whether the attackers skill proc fires first or the defenders skill procs first and the result of the fight will most likely but not always reflect the random numbers result on the first engagement.

To the OP you may have had, bad luck days just like I do sometimes and the random number generator was against you therefore you lost a few in a row.

There is no such thing as skill, even when all things are equal, just the results of the random number generator to determine who gets the first shot and whether it procs or not.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Your PS is completely unquantified... which is kinda stupid. Without knowing the skill of these people and gear as well as relevant situations, they can be, for all we know, in the same tier as those venos claiming Phoenix bleed wasn't OP back when +5 TT90 was godly. Or the sins claiming the ability to triple spark in stealth was perfectly reasonable.

Hell, you could be asking some level 80 archer who keeps 2-shotting a level 40 wiz or whatever for all we know here.

The fact that you obviously don't know how archers work, as my response to your other post's edit shows, just makes the statements you're making even more dubious.

And I got to point out even more flaws with your edit from the other post:

the mixed ZTP combo includes those skills, is not solely comprised of those skills.

i do understand...you are going about it on what's on paper. i am going about it as a player who might psych someone out. i dunno why i keep trying to include you. as a matter of fact let's end this. you are right, i am wrong and i dunno anything plus i have no skill. this post is pointless and i am ranting for no good reason. now you got what you wanted please go troll someone else. even if people don't agree idm hearing their thoughts. however seeing as you just wanna argue, i guess to move past you i need to say what you wanna hear.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    The whole point about winning by skill cannot exist in any game, consider,

If two chars are exactly equally geared in all ways and exactly equal skilled and both use exactly the same skill at exactly the same time with both having the same chance at an added proc. then its up to the random number generator as to who gets lucky first.
    Lies! Just need a game where dodging is an actual thing and attacks don't fade out of existence as you/your opponent die to create Mutually Assured Destruction! b:sin

Amusingly enough, I've played plenty of games where that was a thing and we had to do sudden death rounds in the top tiers to get anywhere... which turned THAT into chessmastered games of who can defend and exploit their opponent's attack best... and now I'm nostalgiaing. Curse you! b:laugh
    *completely missing the point and still making tangents without addressing what was said*
    *sigh* And this reminds me of why I don't like trying to explain things to certain types of people.

Oh well. I tried.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Lies! Just need a game where dodging is an actual thing and attacks don't fade out of existence as you/your opponent die to create Mutually Assured Destruction! b:sin

Amusingly enough, I've played plenty of games where that was a thing and we had to do sudden death rounds in the top tiers to get anywhere... which turned THAT into chessmastered games of who can defend and exploit their opponent's attack best... and now I'm nostalgiaing. Curse you! b:laugh

*sigh* And this reminds me of why I don't like trying to explain things to certain types of people.

Oh well. I tried.
    and failed spectacularly. anytime you have to explain anything to anyone try not calling them or their ideas stupid. be nice, that goes a long way. next get out of the forum go out in the real world, make a real friend and develop some social skills your lack of tact and charisma is abhorrently evident, how the hell did you become a mod? oh right.... no friends, no life, live on your comp. nvm i get it now. certain kind of people? people are people, if you really were trying to help me rather than just trying to shut me up you would have taken 10 minutes to come visit me on my server. but no..instead you fling veiled insults and get your friends to post too. like i said it's ok. your wisdom is the kind i can do without. i don't need to put anyone down to prove a point nor do i fell like i have to prove myself to someone who doesn't give a fig about how they treat others. i will post a vid but not for your sake and quite frankly at this point i don't care what you in particular have to say.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    and failed spectacularly. anytime you have to explain anything to anyone try not calling them or their ideas stupid. be nice, that goes a long way. next get out of the forum go out in the real world, make a real friend and develop some social skills your lack of tact and charisma is abhorrently evident, how the hell did you become a mod?oh right no friends no life live on your comp. nvm i get it now. certain kind of people? people are people, if you really were trying to help me rather than just trying to shut me up you would have taken 10 minutes to come visit me on my server. but no..instead you fling veiled insults and get your friends to post too. like i said it's ok. your wisdom is the kind i can do without. i do need to put anyone down to prove a point nor do i fell like i have to prove myself to someone who doesn't give a fig about how the treat others.

So much hypocrisy in one post.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    krisnda wrote: »
    so Much Hypocrisy In One Post.

Mods Unite!
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Krisnda wrote: »
    So much hypocrisy in one post.

Took the words right out of my mouth f:defeat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like how if the argument/debate fails, people proceed to say how much of a "no life" the other person is and how "you need to go out and get a life" etc. etc. f:sweat
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    and failed spectacularly. anytime you have to explain anything to anyone try not calling them or their ideas stupid. be nice, that goes a long way. next get out of the forum go out in the real world, make a real friend and develop some social skills your lack of tact and charisma is abhorrently evident, how the hell did you become a mod? oh right.... no friends, no life, live on your comp. nvm i get it now. certain kind of people? people are people, if you really were trying to help me rather than just trying to shut me up you would have taken 10 minutes to come visit me on my server. but no..instead you fling veiled insults and get your friends to post too. like i said it's ok. your wisdom is the kind i can do without. i don't need to put anyone down to prove a point nor do i fell like i have to prove myself to someone who doesn't give a fig about how they treat others. i will post a vid but not for your sake and quite frankly at this point i don't care what you in particular have to say.

... Really? This will be my last post directed towards you in this thread if you continue that sort of attitude.

Some friendly advice: try to practice what you preach.

Look back over how you responded to others in this thread. You really cannot say any of that to me with a straight face. Had I really wanted to insult you, I would not have bothered to "thinly veil" it as you imply. Yes, there are multiple types of people. You cannot just lump everyone into one group as that is a poor social choice that those of us with real world experience know full well does not lead to anything good.

Note how I have not even once insulted you here aside from questioning the grounds you based this argument on due to what you have provided as your points for the claim... if that can be considered an insult (Hint: In a debate or discussion, it is not). Meanwhile you've gone and insulted my intelligence, my integrity, and even decided to take childish potshots at my life offline.

Pot, meet kettle.
  • Im_Not_Sure - Archosaur
    Im_Not_Sure - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dont know what you expect from a game thats based purely on luck, i don't know any 'perfect world' that would be based out of luck unless maybe you count owning a casino lol b:victory

My advice, take a break from here, theres alot of games out there to play and who knows maybe youll feel better and come back for a little bit when the tides changed.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    ... Really? This will be my last post directed towards you in this thread if you continue that sort of attitude.

Some friendly advice: try to practice what you preach.

Look back over how you responded to others in this thread. You really cannot say any of that to me with a straight face. Had I really wanted to insult you, I would not have bothered to "thinly veil" it as you imply. Yes, there are multiple types of people. You cannot just lump everyone into one group as that is a poor social choice that those of us with real world experience know full well does not lead to anything good.

Note how I have not even once insulted you here aside from questioning the grounds you based this argument on due to what you have provided as your points for the claim... if that can be considered an insult (Hint: In a debate or discussion, it is not). Meanwhile you've gone and insulted my intelligence, my integrity, and even decided to take childish potshots at my life offline.

Pot, meet kettle.

Get some more friends to support you. i know what you are doing and even if you won't admit it it's okay. like i said either stick to the topic in a nice manner or bug off. the moment you said you can't take me seriously and started replying with your snide remarks is when i stopped caring. and childish? you are right two wrongs don' make a right. so i will leave that alone but there you go again. aside from you i have responded to everyone here with the utmost respect or for the least indifference. if not post it and i will clarify further anything i have said.
    I like how if the argument/debate fails, people proceed to say how much of a "no life" the other person is and how "you need to go out and get a life" etc. etc. f:sweat

please re read. my request was to learn decorum and proper etiquette when debating with someone, the moment you label people or classify their ideas as stupid you close their minds to anything you have to say and make the model of communication more difficult for all involved.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I still haven't seen a calc of your gear, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited January 2014
    wait, hes busy being cornered atm
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am glad its not me arguing about balance for something. *hides*

---

Its so hard to see things as 'balanced' when there is something that always seems to tip the favor back the other direction. So many intangibles to factor in. (Fortunately pwi/pwe has 'facts' that can possibly back up the 'qqer's' claim, and if it does something (that is when it...) is far more likely to get changed, sadly a lot of the time it is for the worse, but meh at least they are trying to listen to people.)

EDIT: In other words I believe they do look at the 'logs' and make sure things aren't more or less ok before they even begin to look at whether or not a class needs changed.

It really is true that they can't just focus on mass pvp/solo pvp... because when you boost one for mass pvp.. you really do risk making them nigh overpowered for solo pvp. (Though imho this game is leaning far more towards mass pvp)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Auerlius, don't bother arguing with this people it's about as useful as beating your head against a brick wall. You could say "grass is green", and they will come up with a thousand reasons why you are wrong and defend it to their last dying breathe.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    I am glad its not me arguing about balance for something. *hides*

---

Its so hard to see things as 'balanced' when there is something that always seems to tip the favor back the other direction. So many intangibles to factor in.
    So true. Something that seems completely unfair and imbalanced on one level of play can be seen as so blindingly simple to counter that it's practically useless on another.

Trying to create a balance that has enough variance to still be interesting is an incredibly tough thing to do. I suppose that makes it all the more impressive when a person can find those games that come insanely close, though.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014

http://www.pwcalc.com/816c10cc1cd313d0 here you go
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have played RPGs since the days of using a book and dice before computers ok,
    and the results of battles were decided by the roll of the dice and stats kept on a piece of paper as we did not have game boards and random pickup card piles then, lol.

I have coded those same games as PC RPGs and still had to provide a form of random electronic dice to decide the outcome of a lot of events in game to provide balanced play.

A problem with this approach is that sometimes someone has an incredibly bad run and may even feel the game mechanics are wrong or working against them when in actual fact it was just the luck of the rolls.

The designers try to minimise this happening but due to the laws of probability it is almost inevitable that some players will have long bad runs and when they come to the forums it can be difficult to know whether a particular complaint is an actual design fault or just the result bad luck.

I know that when a large number of threads and a large number of posts appear about a major imbalance in game they do listen and even act look at what happened about APS when it was the dominant factor in game and where is it now?.

As to yelling at one and another,
    I never got anywhere by yelling back at my kids when they were yelling at me ok,
    we always found it easier to teach them to be nice by just being nice even when they were yelling at us.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    I have played RPGs since the days of using a book and dice before computers ok,
    and the results of battles were decided by the roll of the dice and stats kept on a piece of paper as we did not have game boards and random pickup card piles then, lol.

I have coded those same games as PC RPGs and still had to provide a form of random electronic dice to decide the outcome of a lot of events in game to provide balanced play.

A problem with this approach is that sometimes someone has an incredibly bad run and may even feel the game mechanics are wrong or working against them when in actual fact it was just the luck of the rolls.

The designers try to minimize this happening but due to the laws of probability it is almost inevitable that some players will have long bad runs and when they come to the forums it can be difficult to know whether a particular complaint is an actual design fault or just the result bad luck.

I know that when a large number of threads and a large number of posts appear about a major imbalance in game they do listen and even act look at what happened about APS when it was the dominant factor in game and where is it now?.

As to yelling at one and another,
    I never got anywhere by yelling back at my kids when they were yelling at me ok,
    we always found it easier to teach them to be nice by just being nice even when they were yelling at us.

ty this is all i was asking. you disagree? that's fine. just be nice. on the random part..i did literally like 100 duels before i tabbed the data and came out with a statement. so bad run? i could see if i went 20 like that or 40 even but 100? and over the course of a week no less? i dunno.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you really feel compelled to use a physical ztp combo as an archer it could be something along the lines of

Stun BV Deadly Inferno QS Aim Low, for Demon

The idea would be to pop 3 debuffs, crit buff, and have a chance to end with quicken and another stun.

In a 1v1 an archer wouldn't have the luxury of using pills for offense unless the opponent sucks. Most endgame HA and AA are too tanky anyway, making either physical or metal ZTP not likely to kill unless you purged already.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I like how you've insulted all of us mods because you have a disagreement with Kossy and then try to lecture her on manners....

Anyway OP, I do got a suggestion for you. And that's to make a post in the cleric forum and ask for some tips from other endgame clerics on how to better understand your class. Then go out there with other endgame people and practice. Get yourself some better cards as well. A lot of people might say you are the best cleric, but please realize they say that about most of the people with your level of gear. And you probably CAN beat most people on the server. But that's because your gear. If people with equal gear are kicking your *** and by all accounts on paper they shouldn't be able to, then it's time to admit perhaps they might simply be more skilled. It's not a reason to get mad. I fully admit that I'm not that good at PVP. What I do know about it, i've learned from reading and from playing little low levels in nation wars. But applying strategies i've learned on the forums and practicing, i'm able to kill people who by all accounts should have an easy time beating me. I've gotten plenty of whispers that I'm surprisingly strong for someone of my gear level. And i've been pulling in decent token amounts for someone who is purposefully and consistently on the weakest tier of gear. And i've only been able to do that by admitting I'm terrible. Taking advice and steadily but surely improving each week. When I think about some of the things i used to do, i facepalm. But that's how you grow as a player. By admitting you could learn a few things and going out and practicing them, instead of blaming everything else around you for your failure.

BTW some of the clerics you are arguing with here, have great gear and everyone knows it. Listen to advice and stop being so defensive.

And this is actually a lesson you can extrapolate to life, as the saying goes "You can't learn anything you think you already know."

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Wrong sanctity stuff. Look for "Omen: Sanctity" instead.
    edited January 2014
    I've gotten plenty of whispers that I'm surprisingly strong for someone of my gear level. And i've been pulling in decent token amounts for someone who is purposefully and consistently on the weakest tier of gear. And i've only been able to do that by admitting I'm terrible.
    utterly utterly terrible indeed f:fan
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    I like how you've insulted all of us mods because you have a disagreement with Kossy and then try to lecture her on manners....

Anyway OP, I do got a suggestion for you. And that's to make a post in the cleric forum and ask for some tips from other endgame clerics on how to better understand your class. Then go out there with other endgame people and practice. Get yourself some better cards as well. A lot of people might say you are the best cleric, but please realize they say that about most of the people with your level of gear. And you probably CAN beat most people on the server. But that's because your gear. If people with equal gear are kicking your *** and by all accounts on paper they shouldn't be able to, then it's time to admit perhaps they might simply be more skilled. It's not a reason to get mad. I fully admit that I'm not that good at PVP. What I do know about it, i've learned from reading and from playing little low levels in nation wars. But applying strategies i've learned on the forums and practicing, i'm able to kill people who by all accounts should have an easy time beating me. I've gotten plenty of whispers that I'm surprisingly strong for someone of my gear level. And i've been pulling in decent token amounts for someone who is purposefully and consistently on the weakest tier of gear. And i've only been able to do that by admitting I'm terrible. Taking advice and steadily but surely improving each week. When I think about some of the things i used to do, i facepalm. But that's how you grow as a player. By admitting you could learn a few things and going out and practicing them, instead of blaming everything else around you for your failure.

BTW some of the clerics you are arguing with here, have great gear and everyone knows it. Listen to advice and stop being so defensive.

And this is actually a lesson you can extrapolate to life, as the saying goes "You can't learn anything you think you already know."
    I think it's kinda funny how I made a post that may have been semi-useful and it's apparently been completely skipped over with all the drama. b:chuckle

I'd probably have discussed some of my tactics more in-depth, but I'm sure they would have been overlooked as well and I was posting from work, so it's not like I had a lot of free time or even access to the client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    I think it's kinda funny how I made a post that may have been semi-useful and it's apparently been completely skipped over with all the drama. b:chuckle

I'd probably have discussed some of my tactics more in-depth, but I'm sure they would have been overlooked as well and I was posting from work, so it's not like I had a lot of free time or even access to the client.

If it makes you feel any better, I read it all. b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.