When to Reawaken/Leveling Guide

Options
peckked
peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Dungeons & Tactics
Prior to reading this I suggest reading Reincarnation FAQ as I won't be going over the content covered there.

My main hit 105 prior to the expansion and therefore reawakening right away was a bit of a no-brainer. However, I had a 101 alt that I was considering reawakening as well. In this guide I cover 2 questions I had when first looking at reawakening my alt: When to reawaken; and when to put xp into previous incarnations. My recommendations are primarily based on xp needed per extra stat point. Secondary basis is how quickly the extra stats are to be realized. There are some subjective considerations (such as archer/sin stealth levels, or the time necessary to level to 100 again, etc) but, for the sake of simplicity in this general guide, have been ommitted.

When to Reawaken:

Short Answer:

For the first reawakening;

- Level 100 for non r9, suggested to have g15 gear or greater to make leveling after easier, r8r is a great option as there are no stat requirements for the armor

- Level 101 for r9(2/3)

For the second reawakening;

- Level 100

Long Answer:

Traditional levelling prior to reawakening offers the following (5 stat points per level):

100-101: Needs 66,954,000xp or 13,390,800xp/stat
101-102: Needs 267,816,000xp or 53,563,200xp/stat
102-103: Needs 535,632,000xp or 107,126,400xp/stat
103-104: Needs 1,339,080,000xp or 267,816,000xp/stat
104-105: Needs 1,750,000,000xp or 350,000,000xp/stat

After Reawakening the first time you will receive at minimum 20 bonus stat points. I consider the xp after reawakening needed to reach 100, to again participate in endgame BHs and the like, the "cost" for those bonus points.

1-100 Needs 303,626,185xp or 15,181,309xp/stat however since you receive 4x xp after the first reawakening you can divide this by 4 to get 3,795,327xp/stat.

To put it simply, the amount of grinding/questing needed to gain stats by reawakening and to return to endgame is, by far, less than that needed by continuing to level normally. Players intending on going r9+ will need level 101 before being able to wear their gear so it's a given that they wait an extra level.

The second reawakening follows similar logic though even r9 players can reawaken again at 100 (assuming their first was at 101+) since only the highest historical level is considered for gear requirements. At 3.5x xp after the 2nd rebirth, it works out to 4,337,516xp/stat.

Also, once you've obtained enough stats to wear your level 100 gear you'll be able to handle mobs/bosses/instances much higher than your level and will receive better xp due to your low level, making leveling extremely easy.

When to put xp into previous incarnations:

Short Answer:

After 2nd rebirth as soon as you hit 101. Level both of your previous incarnations to 102 one at a time before levelling to 102 on your current incarnation. Afterwards, alternate levelling your previous incarnations until they are both 105 before continuing on past 102 on your current incarnation.

Long Answer:

Levelling previous incarnations provide the following stats per level:

100-101: 5 stat points
101-102: 7 stat points
102-103: 10 stat points
103-104: 14 stat points
104-105: 20 stat points

This results in the following (for previous incarnations):

100-101: 13,390,800xp/stat
101-102: 38,257,428xp/stat
102-103: 53,563,200xp/stat
103-104: 95,648,571xp/stat
104-105: 87,500,000xp/stat

Comparing these to the returns on traditional levelling (which applies to your current incarnation) we see that 100-101 have the same return, afterwhich returns on xp are greater when levelling previous incarnations than when levelling the current one. In fact, all stat bonuses for levelling previous incarnations are better than levelling your current level from 102 to 103. Alternating between previous incarnations allows a character to realize the bonuses sooner. Consequently, I recommend going from 104/103/102 to 104/104/102 instead of 105/103/102 in spite of the better return due to the significant difference in time it takes to level from 103 to 104 vs 104 to 105.

Anticipated questions:

I'm not interested in reawakening, why should I?

- Ummm... You should. New map, new instance(s), new skills, extra stats, new quest lines, all your friends are doing it.. The list goes on. Read through some of the other expansion guides if you're not convinced.

I'm not interested in reawakening a second time, why should I?

- Purely subjective. This guide was intended for those who want to make the most out of their characters. If that's you, the 2nd reawakening is a must.

I'm at x% to the next level, should I wait or reawaken now?

- Fast players can reawaken and hit 100 in 1-3 days, serious players with less time or classes not apt/geared for soloing about 1 week, and casual players I can't see taking more than 3-4 weeks. I would say if your playing habits allow you to reach that next level in less time than it will likely take you to hit 100 again then wait, otherwise reawaken now.

Okay, I'm gonna rebirth now. Any suggestions before I do?

- Clear out any bhs you have and turn in all 10x quests you have as they will just take up space in your quest log until you hit 100 again. Maybe take a few days to stock up on xp items that you can use right at level 1 such as Tiger Event rewards, and Fantasy Fruit as it will help you level quickly early on so you can wear your 100 gear sooner.

What are some of the best ways to earn xp post-reawakening?

- With 4x/3.5x xp for both quests and mob kills, anything really. Favorites include: XP items at early levels; Hypering in Frost, Phoenix Valley, Map 3; Dailies such as BHs, Divine Contract quests, Cube, Crazy Stone, GBQs (9x), Morai (95+); Decomposing green frost gear for oracles (80+). The new yellow quest chain you get after first reawakening is pretty good xp too and you get some free C and possibly some B War Avatars for doing it. It's also a prerequisite for your 2nd reawakening.

Hopefully I covered everything. If there's something you think I should add or you have a suggestion to make this better lemme know and I may fix/change it. Ty for reading :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Edit: Great post all fine :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This is extremely informative and helped me decide on a reincarnation/historic level exp dumping path which I had been thinking about for a while. Tyty b:thanks
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and I'm happy of it helps even just 1 person :D

Sorry WannaBM... didn't touch on anything you commented on in depth lol. As for xp/stat, please double check my numbers if you get the chance, but I'm pretty sure I got em.
  • simoriah
    simoriah Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the guide, appreciate any help I can get. My 2nd reawakened is at 101 and I want to put exp into my 1st reawakened (original is already 103). How do I transfer the exp to my other? The only button available when I open is CANCEL. Thanks in advance for any advice. (and yes I tried demon both sleep & awake...)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Open your Ancient Tome. Awaken the Book Demon. When the Book holds enough XP for your past life to advance a level, you click the brush stroke icon in the Ancient Tome next to the life record you wish to edit, and the Edit button will be available. After you've clicked Edit, the appropriate amount of XP will be removed from the Book Demon's holding, and your past life record will read "...reawakened at level 103..." rather than "...reawakened at level 102..." (exact text may be slightly different, not looking at a reference image at the moment.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • simoriah
    simoriah Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thank you Mayfly - after reading your reply I think maybe I am reading the ancient tome incorrectly...appreciate the quick reply!
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Also, save all your dreamchaser packs for when you rebirth.
    Some people say that it doesn't make too much difference, but it increases exp by A LOT, especially when you are still a low level and have the x4 or x3.5 multiplier from rewakening on. b:pleased
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    What he said.

And when you add hypers into the mix... things get nuts!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I think on your 2nd awakening you should stop @ 100 instead of 101. Doesnt your exp get nerfed at 101? Keeping that 3rd toon at 100 seems like it would give farm more exp in fcc and pv than gaining another level.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This is a very informative and well laid out guide. Thank you!

The only thing I would suggest adding is a disclaimer about potential stat point loss. I realize the majority of the players will never even consider levelling to 105 3 times, however, for someone who really wants to be the best of the best, it's a requirement. While the extra stat points from reincarnating at a certain level can be gained back through the ancient tome, the 5 stat points gained from levelling normally, cannot. So a person who reincarnated 100/100/105, will forever have 50 stat points less than someone who reincarnated 105/105/105. Is the difference worth the time to gain those levels - that's up to the individual to decide, but this should still be pointed out.
  • jrmlove4ever
    jrmlove4ever Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So what your saying is (1st rebirth was at 101) at 100, start putting exp into the demon book then when thats 'maxed" edit my first awaken.. and when i rebirth again i can go to 102? and so on?
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This is a very informative and well laid out guide. Thank you!

The only thing I would suggest adding is a disclaimer about potential stat point loss. I realize the majority of the players will never even consider levelling to 105 3 times, however, for someone who really wants to be the best of the best, it's a requirement. While the extra stat points from reincarnating at a certain level can be gained back through the ancient tome, the 5 stat points gained from levelling normally, cannot. So a person who reincarnated 100/100/105, will forever have 50 stat points less than someone who reincarnated 105/105/105. Is the difference worth the time to gain those levels - that's up to the individual to decide, but this should still be pointed out.

No, thats not how it works. You dont lose out on any stat points . Stat points gained from leveling doesnt carry over with reawakening, only the bonus point which you can get retroactivly does.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Deadly_Eye - Sanctuary
    Deadly_Eye - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Without wasting your time. If i lvl to 105 after that can i put the exp that i m gonna get after in demon book? Ty in advance.
  • jrmlove4ever
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I don't understand about the demon book and how that really works. like the exp required, remaining exp required book current book? huh help please...b:surrender
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I don't understand about the demon book and how that really works. like the exp required, remaining exp required book current book? huh help please...b:surrender

Required EXP: the total exp it takes to level up at that level
    Remaining EXP before: the exp you had before reincarnate
    Required book: The exp you need to level
    Current book: the exp you have collected into your book

Also recommend to watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xVxDyqdI44
    This is a test
  • jrmlove4ever
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Required EXP: the total exp it takes to level up at that level
    Remaining EXP before: the exp you had before reincarnate
    Required book: The exp you need to level
    Current book: the exp you have collected into your book

Also recommend to watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xVxDyqdI44

i 1st rebirthed at 101 so my book demon right now takes 267816000 to lvl total, the remaining exp is 19976005, required book is 247839995 and the current book is 10274561. and attributes are 7. what does this mean? plua if i rebirthed now, will i get the 25 i got frim 1st RB + the 20 i would get if i RB now?
  • pwdagenniger
    pwdagenniger Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello there and thank u for the guide.

Please help with the following question: i have 104 lvl EA at first reborn and go to second reawaking at 100 lvl. What about my stealth level after the second reborn? Is it will be 104 or 100?
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello there and thank u for the guide.

Please help with the following question: i have 104 lvl EA at first reborn and go to second reawaking at 100 lvl. What about my stealth level after the second reborn? Is it will be 104 or 100?

Stealth lvl is based on highest historic lvl. I reawakened at 104 and my stealth lvl was 104, and when I leveled my historic to 105 that too went to 105.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • tuomas9993
    tuomas9993 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So if you do reweakening as venomancer can you still use your pets?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    tuomas9993 wrote: »
    So if you do reweakening as venomancer can you still use your pets?
    This looks like a NECRO!

tuomas9993 replied to a message that was 9 months 6 days 20 hours 48 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

zbeqXlx.pngCelebrating my second anniversary of talking on the forums!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• moshmello
    moshmello Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just created my account yesterday and logged out by choosing the "close window" icon in the bottom right corner. when i logged back in, it asked me to create a character. there was no trace of the level 10 venomancer i played as...did i log in correctly?? i logged into all of the servers, just in case i had forgotten which one i played on, even though im fairly certain it was santurary. the only buttons where "create" and "exit". the "start" button was shaded in.

Can someone please respond??