Sneeze - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whoops - a late welcome.

WELCOME 8D

And good luck.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited January 2014
    Hhmm well. Also joined the welcome party late, but I'm wondering. You said that your in the gaming history for 3 years. Would you like to share some history? :3

Well, I started off as a GM working on a few smaller titles. Even though I was a GM, I also did a lot of CM duties as well. If you have any questions about specifics, like what I did each day, etc. I'd be more than happy to answer! As for what games, I'd love to tell you all, but that borders on advertising other games and I can't do that haha!
  • rodger9806
    rodger9806 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    and I repeat ...b:worried

Welcome SparkieSoft I hope everything will be fine Please tell me when the rest of the players(server Morai) will get at least 1000 Zen passed quite some time...
  • sparkiesoft
    edited January 2014
    rodger9806 wrote: »
    and I repeat ...b:worried

Welcome SparkieSoft I hope everything will be fine Please tell me when the rest of the players(server Morai) will get at least 1000 Zen passed quite some time...

Thank you!

Unfortunately I don't know the specifics on that case just yet, so I don't really want to answer until I know more. That said, once I do find out anything I'll be sure to keep you all updated.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome to the community. I hope you keep in contact with all of us and keep us all in the loop of things. The lack of communication between PWE and us the players is a real downer for the game and community, it hinders growth, and I don't think anyone likes to be kept guessing

(for example.. STILL no ETA on the dq rewards removal, and no one has given us anything other than december of last year. which has come and go, and is still active and there's been no word yet)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • sparkiesoft
    edited January 2014
    Welcome to the community. I hope you keep in contact with all of us and keep us all in the loop of things. The lack of communication between PWE and us the players is a real downer for the game and community, it hinders growth, and I don't think anyone likes to be kept guessing

(for example.. STILL no ETA on the dq rewards removal, and no one has given us anything other than december of last year. which has come and go, and is still active and there's been no word yet)

I don't know the answer off hand and unfortunately everyone went home for the night. That being said, I've written the question down so I can ask tomorrow. Hopefully I'll know a little more by then.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    I don't know the answer off hand and unfortunately everyone went home for the night. That being said, I've written the question down so I can ask tomorrow. Hopefully I'll know a little more by then.
    Hopefully. and if ya don't I'll remind ya :P
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Free guided game tours when you pop on Heaven's Tear.

People on PWI like a few things:
    Life on easy mode-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT4Y5mku__0

teaming up to overcome challenges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gRg15sfXoc

like TW...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcB__nNbaO4

Making stupid music videos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdplfGGiys

and or funny mash up vids...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1rV7C8yAwo

and the PWI love connect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-vTm5CiS1k

Haha, we're all really digging the new Flower Silver Palace too.
    The cards are pretty sweet, and the dungeon is fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDs5-VD5Xbs

Best dungeon yet. The traps are cool, the bosses are tricky in a fun do-able way.

Pro stuff.

Welcome to the family, hope you stay. REALLY don't feed the trolls, and invest in that flame proof jacket. People here can be pretty aggressive. But we do appreciate your willingness and hope to see you around. Enjoy your time, thanks much for being here.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
  • sparkiesoft
    edited January 2014
    Free guided game tours when you pop on Heaven's Tear.

People on PWI like a few things:
    Life on easy mode-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT4Y5mku__0

teaming up to overcome challenges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gRg15sfXoc

like TW...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcB__nNbaO4

Making stupid music videos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdplfGGiys

and or funny mash up vids...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1rV7C8yAwo

and the PWI love connect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-vTm5CiS1k

Haha, we're all really digging the new Flower Silver Palace too.
    The cards are pretty sweet, and the dungeon is fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDs5-VD5Xbs

Best dungeon yet. The traps are cool, the bosses are tricky in a fun do-able way.

Pro stuff.

Welcome to the family, hope you stay. REALLY don't feed the trolls, and invest in that flame proof jacket. People here can be pretty aggressive. But we do appreciate your willingness and hope to see you around. Enjoy your time, thanks much for being here.

Thanks! I'll be sure to go and watch those videos when I get the chance. b:pleased
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I started off as a GM working on a few smaller titles. Even though I was a GM, I also did a lot of CM duties as well. If you have any questions about specifics, like what I did each day, etc. I'd be more than happy to answer! As for what games, I'd love to tell you all, but that borders on advertising other games and I can't do that haha!

How is telling us your portfolio advertising other games? We all know of all the other games on the market yet we choose this one for our own reasons.

So what games have you been involved with?
  • sparkiesoft
    edited January 2014
    How is telling us your portfolio advertising other games? We all know of all the other games on the market yet we choose this one for our own reasons.

So what games have you been involved with?

Well, since you put it that way... I started off on a game called Tales Runner. After that, I moved on to a game called Aika. The last few games I worked on were Asda 2 and Legend of Edda (only briefly on this one though). That's my portfolio so far, which PWI and Arc will be added to as well.
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for answering and I hope you enjoy working for PWI. I also hope you stay as active in the PWI community as you have been in your initial few days. We need it here in our little community.

Perhaps maybe some appearances in game too? b:victory
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome sparkie. My only advice to you is to take what you read on the forums with a grain of salt. The most negative people tend to hang out here.

People have been saying the game is dead since 2009... and yet it's still here.

People have been saying they're quitting as soon as NEWGAME2 comes out because it will be so much better. They're back within a month.

People will scream and cry for excessive compensation for minor server problems. Pay attention to the Archo rollback fiasco from a few months ago. The GMs caved in to a few people whining and the end result was all servers being severely affected. Take your time when responding to requests/demands to think about the long-term ramifications.

But above all enjoy your time here in Perfect World! And roll a mystic, they're the best.
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    +1 Mystics are pro
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please Please Please Ask The Devs To Stop Smoking Crack And Make Balanced Toons
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please Please Please Ask The Devs To Stop Smoking Crack And Make Balanced Toons

Don't think that could ever happen without upsetting a majority of the players. I imagine it something like "MI CLAS GET 50% DMGE NERF WTF DEV GAME IS DEAD".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sparklecat - Harshlands
    Sparklecat - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello!

You may have read the maintenance thread, but I'd like to formally introduce myself here. My CM name is sparkiesoft and I've been working in the gaming industry for about 3 years now. As DoD mentioned, I'll be on PWI as well as Arc, so if you ever have any questions or concerns, let me know and I'll try to answer them to the best of my abilities.

I'm usually not much for words, so if you have any particular questions about myself, feel free to ask. (appropriate of course!)

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

b:bye Welcome my twin!!b:byeb:pleasedb:avoid
  • sparkiesoft
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for answering and I hope you enjoy working for PWI. I also hope you stay as active in the PWI community as you have been in your initial few days. We need it here in our little community.

Perhaps maybe some appearances in game too? b:victory

Oh I will definitely be making an appearance in game.
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Come to Dreamweaver, best server. b:victory
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Come to Dreamweaver, best server. b:victory

Don't go to Dreamweaver Softy you'll have scary dreams at night, Come @ Raging Tide.
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary
    Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OMG the newest beta/release of arc works flawlessly in linux. Not like the old one were it could not pick up the darn install for games. Thanks, it was becoming a pain to record the installation and say, ok. this normally works. LOL Now I can install all PWE games using arc in linux with ease.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    You could set up meeting times for each server so people can come and ask questions and what not, meeting the GMs and such. like it used to be. That would be a good idea I think, people lose touch with the GMs and you hear all the time about "there are no GMs on the game, they don't care anymore"
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Don't go to Dreamweaver Softy you'll have scary dreams at night, Come @ Raging Tide.
    What's wrong with Dreamweaver? I've been playing there for a month or so and from what I can tell, it's one of the only servers left that isn't overrun with either trolls, non-English-speaking powerlevelers, or both. Why should he come to trolling tides? :P

EDIT:
    You could set up meeting times for each server so people can come and ask questions and what not, meeting the GMs and such. like it used to be. That would be a good idea I think, people lose touch with the GMs and you hear all the time about "there are no GMs on the game, they don't care anymore"
    Seconded. Some of 2009's most memorable (if confusing) moments were a cloud of people around a single online GM. That being said, those were in the context of events and sometimes free giveaways. You can just have more of a low-key meet and greet affair for people on the forums. That'll likely cut down on the ball of lag. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mr.Soft you have to visit Sanctuary, the fluffiest server of all!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Lol, telling him to come to RAGING Tides to avoid scary dreams at night. Logic! What are you doing?! Logic! Stahp!
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No no! Mr. Soft! You have to come to Morai! We are so lonely over there!
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    oh boy i think they didnt fully tell you what you got urself into when they hired you b:chuckle well ill say welcome to you sir! May you'r short visit outlast the somewhat useless CM's we had cept 1 exception and we all know who that is .. GL tryin to fill dem shoes b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mistyfied - Sanctuary
    Mistyfied - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome, SparkieSoft!!!
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello!

You may have read the maintenance thread, but I'd like to formally introduce myself here. My CM name is sparkiesoft and I've been working in the gaming industry for about 3 years now. As DoD mentioned, I'll be on PWI as well as Arc, so if you ever have any questions or concerns, let me know and I'll try to answer them to the best of my abilities.

I'm usually not much for words, so if you have any particular questions about myself, feel free to ask. (appropriate of course!)

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Finally! A new CM! Dude, welcome! f:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I would like to know something of sparkie's background

From what he has said, it doesn't seem like he knows much about this game, if anything at all, and I find that concerning for a CM. Someone who has played the game, and knows the underlying issues and what the playerbase wants is needed as a CM, not a "noob".

At least hes not a robot like a certain cm we used to have

If Sparkie is a indeed a complete noob, as I get the feeling he is, maybe we could vote on some experienced pwi players, one pers server or whatnot, to be given some kind of volunteer position as server spokesperson/adviser to get issues out to be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]