So... I installed arc...

Options
Fail_BM - Raging Tide
Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
But now I see adds everywhere; youtube, forums, facebook, google, every site have blue underlined letters which pop up a screen every time I pass my mouse over them. How can I remove this annoying thing?

Image.: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/INMORTALCRY/Untitled2.jpg

Edit: I noticed it is only affecting firefox, google chrome is fine.
Post edited by Fail_BM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    are you sure thats arc??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    Options
    are you sure thats arc??

I have been visiting 3 sites last 2 weeks and arc was the last thing I installed. It started to happen when I finished arc's installation.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Check your firefox plugins and see if there's something iffy among them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Options
    MalwareBytes anti-malware. some of the best software to keep on hand, and it's free.

I've been seeing a lot of malware-hacks in ads lately that have even come from hijacked ads on reputable sites.

Personally, I use a custom hosts file and AdBlock and don't ever get those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Unistalled arc, solved the problem. Seriously... If you are going to make something you want everyone to use, at least make it safe. I am not installing it again.
  • Jenaniah - Heavens Tear
    Jenaniah - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I highly doubt it was arc.. I had something install itself in chrome recently with no option to remove it. And later it was gone. When you hover over the words it tries to search it or something.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I highly doubt it was arc.. I had something install itself in chrome recently with no option to remove it. And later it was gone. When you hover over the words it tries to search it or something.

if removing arc fixed the problem then something within the arc install caused the problem or conflict. I think your issue is totally different
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Unistalled arc, solved the problem. Seriously... If you are going to make something you want everyone to use, at least make it safe. I am not installing it again.
    ok so its some other site you visited and did yourself

firefox
    http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/822294

chrome
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510043/chrome-has-double-underlined-words-which-links-to-monstermarketplacecom-etc/

or just google "blue underline in words internet"
    load of links pertaining to it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If you guys have read my threads, I've done some pretty deep digging into Arc's code and the way it works.

It's not designed to do that, and it doesn't have a security flaw that would allow that to happen.

Your system has several though, if you don't take the proper precautions. And even when you do, there's always something new just around the corner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    -Totally off topic-

Kinda hard to get used to Sylen's new avatar.
  • Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver
    Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i had the same issue, when i installed arc i kept getting pop up and adds for the most stupid things out there, i use firefox and tor for my browsers, (tor had no adds for a good and un said reason lol) but firefox has add-ons, so i checked to see if something was out dated, and i noticed the arc add on so i disabled it and what do you know, no more pop up and adds for crapb:chuckle pwi botched arc, always has been botched, when it is mandatory I'm sure there is a "way" around it just like anything else.
    edited January 2014
    Options
    -Totally off topic-

Kinda hard to get used to Sylen's new avatar.
    Tell me about it. And it won't even update to my actual level anymore.

Edit: Nvm, the Avatar page finally started working. It looks closer to normal now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Tell me about it. And it won't even update to my actual level anymore.

Edit: Nvm, the Avatar page finally started working. It looks closer to normal now.

mine was stuck at my lv18 rebirthed lv for like 2 weeks before it updated, only when my char hit 100 again (hate doing FC so i lvled through dailies, from 4m-16m xp a day depending on dailies xD)

im afraid it'll bug out and stay at lv1 or something when i do the 2nd rebirth eventually b:surrender
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    MalwareBytes anti-malware. some of the best software to keep on hand, and it's free.

I've been seeing a lot of malware-hacks in ads lately that have even come from hijacked ads on reputable sites.

Personally, I use a custom hosts file and AdBlock and don't ever get those.

Oh hey, thanks. I did actually get a piece of malware recently and it installed itself on ALL of my browsers >_<. Goes by the name of Conduit. Some browser hijacker apparently. I managed to get it off of IE and Firefox, but somehow still on Chrome... Maybe this will help now/future problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010