[Maintenance-Restart] 1-31-14 [COMPLETE]

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Hello everyone!

Tomorrow we will be doing a quick server restart at 4pm pst for server health. The next actual patch will be next Tuesday, 2-4-14. That said, the restart should be relatively short.

Just a short update, but EU and East Coast servers are up. You should be able to log in on those servers. I will update you when the rest of the servers are back up.

West Coast servers are up! We apologize for the delay.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the fore-warning on it sparkie, now we can plan ahead for it...b:victory

PS: first human answer to the OP>>> lol
  • Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver
    Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so hopefully they dont botch this, people have nw tomorrow lol
  • sparkiesoft
    edited January 2014
    seitori wrote: »
    Thanks for the fore-warning on it sparkie...b:victory

PS: first human answer to the OP>>> lol

Anytime!
  • Senel - Dreamweaver
    Senel - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cool thanks for update :). Question sparkie if you don't mind answering, are you guys going to be reinbursing items by any chance this upcoming maintance? It's been 3 weeks and still haven't gotten the item since. I sent a ticket 3 weeks ago and got told it will be in the next maintance but still nothing :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    Kalishana - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maint won't be fixing any bugs though... hmmm oh wells

On another news, I finally made first page... what you can infer from this though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvy for the signature b:laugh.
  • sparkiesoft
    edited January 2014
    Cool thanks for update :). Question sparkie if you don't mind answering, are you guys going to be reinbursing items by any chance this upcoming maintance? It's been 3 weeks and still haven't gotten the item since. I sent a ticket 3 weeks ago and got told it will be in the next maintance but still nothing :(

Which items? I'm still not entirely caught up on a lot of the reimbursement issues, so if there's a thread or anything, feel free to point me in the right direction. Once I get an answer though, I'll be sure to update you.
  • Zegeris - Archosaur
    Zegeris - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello everyone!

Tomorrow we will be doing a quick server restart at 4pm pst for server health. The next actual patch will be next Tuesday, 2-4-14. That said, the restart should be relatively short.

Are you guys going to fix the mount glitch?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Are you guys going to fix the mount glitch?

There isn't going to be a patch. Patch will come Tuesday at regularly scheduled maintenance. Although DOD said the fix for that is still TBD, so ti's unlikely to be included in Tuesday's patch.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maint won't be fixing any bugs though... hmmm oh wells

On another news, I finally made first page... what you can infer from this though...

This is probably because we didn't have maint on tuesday due to the internet outage at the office. They're probably just having an improv server reset to make sure nothing happens before actual maint on tuesday.

However, yes, the patch for tuesday won't have bug fixes. It's all mainly localisation, skill tool tips and grammatical error fixes.
  • SliverRage - Heavens Tear
    SliverRage - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I doubt it... Been waiting myself and I'm guess we'll still have to wait until tuesday. This just should like a system restart to clear the cache and **** that slows a server/computer down from time to time.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sparks, just a suggestion for you all to throw around...

Many moons ago, when a maint was going to happen, there would be system messages a ways out in red text on the servers.
    Also, a system message stating "A new dawn is upon us..." was activated every new day in the servers.

I know this seems simplistic but it was the small touches that made the player base feel good while logged in-game.

Restoring the small stuff might make us think the big fixes might be coming. It can't hurt and only encouage some of us to give PWI another chance.

my .02

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2014
    This is probably because we didn't have maint on tuesday due to the internet outage at the office. They're probably just having an improv server reset to make sure nothing happens before actual maint on tuesday.
    This is correct.
    Sorry, the past few weeks have been a whirlwind of various circumstances beyond our control preventing this. Our intention is to handle our backlog of reimbursements during Tuesday's maintenance.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Senel - Dreamweaver
    Senel - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Surtr wrote: »
    This is correct.

Sorry, the past few weeks have been a whirlwind of various circumstances beyond our control preventing this. Our intention is to handle our backlog of reimbursements during Tuesday's maintenance.

Thanks for the answer Surtr!!! Really Appreicate itb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There isn't going to be a patch. Patch will come Tuesday at regularly scheduled maintenance. Although DOD said the fix for that is still TBD, so ti's unlikely to be included in Tuesday's patch.
    That's not client-side, it's server-side. it would not need a patch in the client
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the restart should be relatively short.

Define Short...

b:thanks
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    alexanade wrote: »
    Define Short...

I have to agree with that. some "restarts" take 2-3 hours..

@SkogDyr - Lost City (just for fun): it would take more than one tempest to kill me b:laugh
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    @SkogDyr - Lost City (just for fun): it would take more than one tempest to kill me b:laugh

I don't doubt it.. lol That sig is from years ago. I haven't logged on for a real long time. If I remember, my EP had NV gear +10 wep and +7 gear. lol No rebirthing no cards no anything extra special. Heck, I'd bet that I couldn't do half the lower lvl revamped caves now. b:chuckle

I need to update that to, "You're 50 guildies, 20 mins and finally a tempest away from dead" b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    That's not client-side, it's server-side. it would not need a patch in the client

Okay but all our bug-fixes, localization changes, etc always come during a patch, not during resets. This is just a reset.

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    I don't doubt it.. lol That sig is from years ago. I haven't logged on for a real long time. If I remember, my EP had NV gear +10 wep and +7 gear. lol No rebirthing no cards no anything extra special. Heck, I'd bet that I couldn't do half the lower lvl revamped caves now. b:chuckle

I need to update that to, "You're 50 guildies, 20 mins and finally a tempest away from dead" b:laugh
    Deaden nerves ftw!

Warsong, aba, Seat, those are the hard ones now

@oVenusArmanio: Not true, some fixes came without a patch (it has admittedly been a while though)

Pet summoning is on GS, mount issue is on GS... would require nothing client-side to fix. (I could name a few more, but I'll not) It would not be unheard of for them to sneak it into a "restart"

One I can think of off the top of my head is when they accidentally moved the tideborn to where the earthguard are now. no patch client-side, but a server-side edit changed it back to what it was. and when the GS has to go down (for restarts, when it crashes, etc.) is the time when they can make those fixes secretly
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    Guess I just dont remember it then. xD

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Guess I just dont remember it then. xD
    Well, they COULD have. I think the TB fix was done next week, and I don't remember if they patched it at the same time, but it was not needed
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    Well, they COULD have. I think the TB fix was done next week, and I don't remember if they patched it at the same time, but it was not needed

Yup, I thought all the TB fixes came in patches though? I know that they don't always have to do it that way. But they typically bundle them with things and release it as patches. It would be awesome though to get a fix for that issue. b:pleased

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Yup, I thought all the TB fixes came in patches though? I know that they don't always have to do it that way. But they typically bundle them with things and release it as patches. It would be awesome though to get a fix for that issue. b:pleased
    well, I know the switch wasn't, don't know about everything else that was done at that point though
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That maint is dangerously close to NW time. Scary. b:shocked
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    That maint is dangerously close to NW time. Scary. b:shocked
    We'll miss NW, they will not have the servers up by 6.. (6pst, 8 EST)
  • sparkiesoft
    edited January 2014
    alexanade wrote: »
    Define Short...

Well, it's planned to not be long at all and should be up way before NW. That said, I don't want to say for sure, since things happen that are out of our control. But yes, it's just a restart (no patch), so it should go relatively smooth and fast.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, it's planned to not be long at all and should be up way before NW. That said, I don't want to say for sure, since things happen that are out of our control. But yes, it's just a restart (no patch), so it should go relatively smooth and fast.

Get that Avatar, mister.b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • sparkiesoft
    edited January 2014
    Get that Avatar, mister.b:kiss

I will!
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2014

ohh great thx :D
  • _Grimmjow_J_ - Archosaur
    _Grimmjow_J_ - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Sparkie, I know you've gotten a lot of questions already, but I was wondering if in this next patch they are going to restore our faction icons? We had our icon updated before the New Horizon's came out and after it did it was back to the old one. We resubmitted our desired icon and have still not seen it come back. Best of luck with this new position! f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]