Which TT's Can I Solo?

Jenaniah - Heavens Tear
Jenaniah - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Assassin
(In your experience and professional opinions, assassins) which TT squad mode could i solo with this?

http://pwcalc.com/37f09686b67e2642
Post edited by Jenaniah - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I'll save others the time: Get out there and try them.

Yes, gear plays a part in your ability to solo but skill also plays a part and what one person can manage in a standard APS setup at +5 may take someone else +10s to accomplish.

As we don't know anything about your skill with the class or genie setup, we'll have to assume that you're super squishy and would likely get murdered unbuffed in a 1-3 or up. With full buffs, you can probably do most bosses up to 2-3 but you will have to skip quite a few still.

Of course, this assumes you do the lazy spark APS stupidity and don't take much further precautions, time sparks to avoid hard hitting attacks, use deaden nerves/focused/tidal appropriately, carry defense charms/apoth/etc, and so on. Each of those things, while small on their own, can make a huge difference in what you can do when combined.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Keileena_PL - Harshlands
    Keileena_PL - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Best advice for you is just to try what u can handle. Take some cler with u and get buffs and 2-3 is easy for u (except last boss). U could do 3-1 for sure but GBA boss would be hard. Ofc, if u fail at first time it doesnt mean u cant do it. Sometimes I was killing bosses at first try, and sometimes i had to try 5 times -.-
  • Jenaniah - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2014
    Thank you both, will try them.

Edit: Refined today and re-statted so they're up a bit.

Un-Buffed

http://pwcalc.com/5aef5a0349488089

Buffed

http://pwcalc.com/c29df9d0cd40a872
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice jump in hp from recent refines. Get new rings. R8 ring is horrible for soloing because it offers a big fat zero defense. Attendance ring is nice ring for a cheap build but time to upgrade. The pdef from rings is hugely important when soloing.

I have seen r9t3 sins die in FCC when their cleric+barb buffs wore off and 11k hp G15 sins die in old Aba. Saying "what can I solo" is like asking me how much beer I think you can drink. Dunno, depends. How good are you?

I recently had a friend lend me his 4 aps r9t3 sin full +10 and DoT because he quit playing. I'm used to a 5 aps +7 G16 sin with +9 weapon. The main difference is he has no titles, meridians, avatars, nuema but my sin does... My G16 sin survives waaaaaay better than his r9t3. So in addition to gear and skill, we now have no idea about 50% of your sins stats because we don't know what you've leveled anymore.

Assuming medium skill, medium meridians and average all around with that build I'd guess up to 3-1 but you won't be able to tank the profitable bosses in 3-2 and 3-3.
  • Jenaniah - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2014
    Nice jump in hp from recent refines. Get new rings. R8 ring is horrible for soloing because it offers a big fat zero defense. Attendance ring is nice ring for a cheap build but time to upgrade. The pdef from rings is hugely important when soloing.

I'm able to buy a sign of frost:Chaos ring, possibly 2 i would have to login and see the current prices.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I recently had a friend lend me his 4 aps r9t3 sin full +10 and DoT because he quit playing. I'm used to a 5 aps +7 G16 sin with +9 weapon. The main difference is he has no titles, meridians, avatars, nuema but my sin does... My G16 sin survives waaaaaay better than his r9t3. So in addition to gear and skill, we now have no idea about 50% of your sins stats because we don't know what you've leveled anymore.

Assuming medium skill, medium meridians and average all around with that build I'd guess up to 3-1 but you won't be able to tank the profitable bosses in 3-2 and 3-3.

Refinable rings will not make or break you in tt in any of the instances as it is not the physical attacks that will hurt you, I prefer the r9/r8 combo for the damage, channeling and crit add's. There are no other rings that can give more damage aside switching out the r8 for the star's destiny, which would be really silly for a farming sin.

The problem you noted with the 4aps r9s3 sin vs a 5aps sounds more like your inability to adapt to a lower aps toon with zerk and which deals far more dps . I was running 3-3 with a r8 dagger @ 3.33 sparked aps without issue(dot build as well), long before meridian nuema and the cards and with less hp than he has now. There is no reason why he couldnt tank most if all the bosses in 3-3 with that gear. Knowing the bosses is far more important.

The only problems I see he may have is with magical attacks since his mag df is a bit low even buffed, but getting some of the c cards would be a very cheap alternative to adding more defenses and attack over buying rings or upgrading your meridians. But the gold lunar ring would be a good choice to switch out for the attendance ring as you posted above, its fairly cheap even refined(atleast on rt) and is a decent all around ring.

just my thoughts
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz