New Horizon Feedback 2.0

Comments

• Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Q:What did you like?
    Primval world, pretty place.
    Flowsilver, it's a very fun instance to me.
    War Avatar System. This is basically new gear to me, and I'm happy I can work on this new stuff without having my old gear wasted in any way which was really expensive. So yea, I'm happy that there weren't any new gear added, but cards to improve your current gear.
    A lot of title quests finally got fixed
    They made pavillions and warsong runs different. I would also say its more challenging, but I think thats more because I started do warsong on a lower geared alt lol xD

Q:What did you dislike?
    Auto-Cultivation bot-system. I first liked this a lot, but it's getting annoying you have to keep botting to keep up with money etc. Not to mention those that cant bot at all..
    They removed Dragon Hidden Den (DHD)
    There no way to get the title "Doom of Eminence" which was from killing last boss in DHD.
    Fairy boxes are no longer in TT
    Removed the "daily" quest 'Secret Man' 546 628... I (and a lot of others) dont even know if it just was a temporarily daily, or if it's a bug that it's removed/don't work. Same happened with a daily giving extra Feral Soul Stars in the veno instance, and same happened with a daily at Dreaming Cloud that gave us Holy pills. Just would like to know about such instead of it's suddenly gone >.>
    I also dislike when you leave the starting area there is no way to get back (couldn't they put a max level instead? Like say Lv15 non-rebirth)
    Q:What could've made it better?
    Flowsilver place. It's a very fun instance indeed - but if you die forexample on the water boss (2nd one) it will be a pain to get back, because he spawn water pools and mobs at you besides you aren't nearby (because you died and are back to start) I seen people spam dieing due to this. Toad glitces as well with axes when he throws at some that died, makes him recover full HP back due to cannot pick up the axe he throwed.

Q:What kind of content would you like to see in the future?
    Mostly bug fixs. Forexample the 2nd rebirth questline thats broken, and the pet flying glitch.
    Would be nice if War Avatars Cards were at least accountstash able.
    Fairy boxes back in TT and doesn't require fairy box keys like they use to (those keys just take extra place in my inventory)
    Shorter respawn time on some mini world bosses required for title quests. Especially with this new botting, I have almost no hope finding it because people just kill it automatically as soon it spawns lol.
    Q:Was it difficult to progress through the new content?
    No
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I like most things the expansion has introduced such as becoming a low level again (rebirth), a new interesting world to explore (Primal World), new skills, new ways of customizing your character through additional points and War Avatars, raccoons and some new features such as the improved Auto-path, fancy starting screen and Calendar.

The expansion introduced a lot of bugs and glitches that I hope will be fixed in the near future.

Another thing is that there were a lot of things they left untouched which really need updates such as revamping Nirvana to a more fun instance while turning it into something farm-able (right now it's useless and nobody runs it).

War Avatar cards being random. I'd rather pay more to get the set I want than keep opening packs/chests with a chance of never even getting what I want...

I wanted to see more quests, honestly the Primal World quests are too short and not exciting enough.

The players also want a new farming instance like Twilight Temple or Lunar. An instance they can farm repeatedly for something (profit if possible). All the current farming instance offer little to no profit and the majority of new instances are either limited to a certain timezone only making a big part of the playerbase unable to participate or the instance is a one-a-day deal.

Adding more things in the mid-level content, updating instances that have become obsolete such as Nirvana, perhaps releasing instances they never used (FB109 Renegade), perhaps updating Old Heaven's Tear/Chrono map (there are very few reasons for someone to go there these days). There's a lot of content that sits there being unused because nobody has a reason to use them.

A lot of confusing things but that's the fun of it; discovering the new stuff ;D
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You can see himself, who play this game now.

I had analyzed previous 33 posts.

Among them 24 are with avatars with visible class/level (may be some of them have not updated level, since they say, about reincarnation even being level less than 100, but ...) .
    Among those 24 there are 18 level 100+ characters.
    Among those 18 characters there are 7 level 105 characters.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Among those 100+ characters there are 7 level 105 characters.

b:chuckle
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2014

- showing new content with positive feeling PWI will keep alive
    - merge unused skill to useful skills
    - new instance FSP with new bosses (inclusive character balancing)
    - Racoooooons <3
    - Possibility for improving main characters
    - intelligent reborn leveling for avoiding stupid grinding to higher levels
    - idea to roll-out content over vacation days to give time for reborn (inclusive 2x exp)
    - level back to 1 and wear still my old gear
    - faster way to level up to 105 with demon book

- bugs which should be identified by test team if PWI would only do one quest
    (e. g. quest chain 2nd reborn)
    - no customer care from EU part during roll-out of new content
    - balancing of new skills to old skills/environment (hard cut of mains and toons --> increase gap)
    - High Inflation caused of auto botting function
    - Catalyst only via Shop and not via quest
    - Force solo grinding for nuema in a MMO

- test your new content and improve EU community communication

- Better EU community communication
    - Implement other reborns
    - New Instances in PvE (for leveling, farming and fun)

- No, was easy - at least war avatar cards needed to be tested a bit about how its working
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A: I LOVE to be able to lvlup again and restat my points basically for free. Theres a lot of new contest and a lot of new ways to improve your char.

A: I dislike that PWI is more time consuming after every update. If you want to do all your dailies and keep up with rest of server you have to spend more than half day in front of computer. Yes I know its not a big deal for most of hardcore gamers, but people that have kids/job/school etc can't really catch up anymore with so much new stuff going on.

A: I would try all new updates on a "ghost server" before applying them to real server, so you can see all things that can go wrong and fix them before it actually happens on real server. It would be so much easier for you to prevent most of problems instead of listening to QQs of hundreds of players and then fixing them afterwards.

A: Only thing I wanna see are GMs and CMs to care more about PWI, nothing else...

A: Not at all. With good group of friends that reincarnate together and find out all new stuff together it goes pretty fast and its really fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You can see himself, who play this game now.

I had analyzed previous 33 posts.

Among them 24 are with avatars with visible class/level (may be some of them have not updated level, since they say, about reincarnation even being level less than 100, but ...) .
    Among those 24 there are 18 level 100+ characters.
    Among those 18 characters there are 7 level 105 characters.

Don't count me as 105 character because first of all i'm not a barbarian nor i'm 105. My actual character was lvl 103 assassin. It is the bug AVATAR creating confusion. Also majority of the player-base doesn't bother to look at the stuffs going on in forums. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Don't count me as 105 character because first of all i'm not a barbarian nor i'm 105. My actual character was lvl 103 assassin. It is the bug AVATAR creating confusion. Also majority of the player-base doesn't bother to look at the stuffs going on in forums. b:sad

Psh. We all know you just invented a level 12 stealth: Disguise yourself as your predator so as to blend in!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I really enjoyed the new content- the new map is challenging, the skill upgrades were nice an the new instance is really fun.

Surprisingly horrible miss-match between translations, both in quest text and on new skills, to the point where you don't know how to progress properly or what a skill really does (a small example is wizard skill Frozen flame, which says it does 800% damage when in fact it hits twice for 400% separately; also, npc text for progression text says you require the wrong sky cultivation, switching mirage sky -second awakening cultivation- for arcane sky -first awakening cultivation- and vice versa) .

Proper testing of the content before implementation would have clearly showed what was translated wrongly, so that the skills and quests could have been smoothly introduced.

New skill upgrades would be nice, in order to make less used skills relevant again. New dailies to help leveling without the necessity for Frost (yes, delicious Phoenix Valley is awesome, but some quests would also help).

No, due the the community made guides on the forums. In the future, a sort of introduction to the new stuff would be helpful also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2014

- the rebirth system
    - the new primal world including questline
    - the war avatar system
    - the fixed title quests

- war avatar cards
    not tradeable, extreme low chance to get good cards, high chance to get cards for the
    same slot and all this for 4G = nty
    - auto bot system
    - removed a lot of daily quests

- better information

- much more world/title quests for all levels
    - revamped venomancer daily instance
    a new system which works for pve and pvp so every one has the same chance to finish this
    quest with sucess.
    better fss reward or lower amount of fss for rerolling. it is easier to +10 a weap with only
    mirage stones than roll a wanted full star mood.
    - land/water/air use for free pets or a shop item which make it possible

was ok with a bit confusing on start up
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi all, this post won't be stickied for too long as I know it's getting a bit cluttered up here. That said, I wanted to create this thread to get a very general feel of how you are all experiencing the new expansion. Below are a few questions for you to answer. They can be brief, or give in-depth detail, it's up to you.

Q1:What did you like?
    Q2:What did you dislike?
    Q3:What could've made it better?
    Q4:What kind of content would you like to see in the future?
    Q5:Was it difficult to progress through the new content?

Thanks!

Q1: I liked the new world. It gave a new area for everyone to explore, which for somone who has played for many years and knows every inch and crack of both morai and the main map rather nice. The updated skills also sounds rather good, despite now having one as im getting the defence passive skills cause thats also amazing.

Q2: I dislike the fact that the expansion was released early as a compensation to the +10 orb code muck up. Incase you didnt know, a server had major issue, they tried to compensate with +10 orbs, the code got glitched, some people had 50+ orbs and others like myself didnt have any. And the people who abused it are rumoured to of only had a 2 week ban. Hell id take a 2 week ban for all my gears +10 b:laugh

Q3: An official FAQ. We get these updates with next to no information on what to do. All the info we get on it is from other players which is usually assumptions and can be wrong at times. An official source for how stuff works that is guaranteed to be right would be great.

Q4: Coming from a pve server players point of view, pk enabled areas for blue named players. I want to practice not being completed pwned a few times before i go into pk and risk my gears b:laugh

Q5: Killing lvl 150 mobs at lvl 1? nah was easy b:laugh i joke i joke, i had a bit of issues at the start with my poor gear and such but after doing some quests and lvled enough to have my gear back it was easy. I did hear about some people who didnt have any quests to do as they had done them all prior to awakening their characters. I dont know if it would be possible to add some extra quests in for the awakened characters? only up untill about 30/40 where you can start pv, crazy stones and BH quests instead.

thanks for reading b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The light armor classes are currently stronger and once the rebirth is done, will be far stronger than the other armored classes. Sage full r9 sins can do 2 aps a second with over 200 attack lvs and zerk crit every other move and archers have always been way too powerful for their gear and with the new skills, especially frost splash they will be at a whole different level of power. I see time and time again these classes being able to kill other classes of gear much superior to their own without any skill, just purely being an overpowered class. I dislike the lack of testing on these servers for equalizing the classes. They may or may not test this stuff in china, but that is irrelevant for we have different gear than they do and different content therefore making their gameplay irrelevant to ours.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The light armor classes are currently stronger and once the rebirth is done, will be far stronger than the other armored classes. Sage full r9 sins can do 2 aps a second with over 200 attack lvs and zerk crit every other move and archers have always been way too powerful for their gear and with the new skills, especially frost splash they will be at a whole different level of power. I see time and time again these classes being able to kill other classes of gear much superior to their own without any skill, just purely being an overpowered class. I dislike the lack of testing on these servers for equalizing the classes. They may or may not test this stuff in china, but that is irrelevant for we have different gear than they do and different content therefore making their gameplay irrelevant to ours.

Just wanted to point out something, EA's are not OP (*me lies*), actually we have huge DD, but nothing to do with new skills, at all.

New skills are ****, 2 sparks for Frost splash is nearly insulting... I can see really SO few situations when we'd use that instead of a barrage, moreover considering massive pvp...

Btw, EA's can't tank a ** unless wasting loads of chi on the anti-stun skills that have terrible CD. LA are pure ****, worst defence in game.... we can get a one-shot from casters and meles either way... at least sin's can survive some of those killing hits, but still...

Anyway, that'd start the usual discusion about "my class sucks" "random class QQ" and so on, everyone feels squishy when facing full +12 josd of any class...

The only point was to clear about new skills, ea's were hugely fked in this update when it came to skills... Gosh, from an EA with "decent" gear, I won't even consider geting those skills until I max. all pasives... and even then, the only one "worth" it is frost splash...

PS: About Frost spalsh you may wanna read Archer forum about it, always good to know other's skills!
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014

To sum this up?

This content felt like "filler." It was a way to give the game a spark of life and something new to play with without actually doing much at all. Yes, there are overall stat changes that the implications of which aren't quite yet understood, but many of the daily quests are filler in the sense that you're REQUIRED to do them, lest you fall behind. Depressingly though, doing the dailies doesn't mean you become more powerful, but rather that others don't get an advantage over you. So in short, I have to basically take an hour out of my day to do Primal World dailies or I will start becoming less powerful vs those that do it everyday. Obviously this is short term because once we all hit Mirage Sky X, this will stop, but my point is that with the Nation war update for example, we had new equipment to mark as our new goal, and the rates at which players reached that goal varied highly. Those that got the items via smart investments, good NW performance, farming or a variety of variables? They were rewarded, but the power gap was nothing world-shattering.
    Primal world? Everyone gains power at the same rate, so long as they do the dailies. And if you DON'T? You absolutely cannot compete, given enough time. So in short, Primal World is basically PWI butting into my life and REQUIRING an hour of my time each day, with the end result being my spirit only cancelling out the spirit of others and not actually accomplishing -anything-.

Rebirth is much the same. Rebirthing is a requirement in the sense it's necessary for the newer skills and the stat improvements are quite significant.

All-in-all, this update is really just a few stat and skill tweaks all packaged into an update that REQUIRES regular attention from us as players. I get it: it's filler to distract us until a real update comes, and to be fair, it's doing it's job. I merely wish to highlight that substance-wise, this is one of the weakest updates they've done and it'll really show once we all start getting the new skills, maxing the passives and focusing solely on the war avatar cards. Hell, even the cards are a bit weak as a system because the path to farming them seems more or less "contained;" the progression is a steady rate with little variables or deviation, so it's another "do the daily every day or you fall behind" sort of thing. People like to play this game when they want to, not feel required to play it.

A good update? The NW update. That was the best one because it gave us new content, new goals to strive for, and a new way to play and enjoy the game. Attending NW didn't feel like a depressing requirement to be met just to keep up with others since there was variance in the value of attending NW for different players; it felt more like a chance to get ahead. Even if it was merely an illusion? Chasing that illusion was fun; this current update is so blatantly obvious that you're NOT gonna become super OP compared to others by farming it and doing dailies because we all gain more power at the same rate. We can see right through this illusion.

What PWI desperately needs next?

A new farming instance. For as boring as Nirvana was, Nirvana provided people with a way to make decent, reliable and predictable income round the clock. We don't have this anymore, because Flowsilver palace is once-per-day and NW is twice per week. You might say "TT and Cube!!" Yeah, the problem being that's where EVERYONE goes if they wish to farm around the clock, so the prices there suffer too. Another farming instance would provide PWI with more dimensions with which to earn coin, and that'd help heal a rather sickly economy that we have at the moment. (Everyone I know, CSer, farmer, lazy slacker, merchanter or otherwise, currently complains about living paycheck to paycheck, not enjoying paying for Platinum charms for each week's TW. There's no reason a full +12 JOSD full NW-geared full endgame character in my faction should be complaining about being strapped for cash)
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Liked: Revamp of macro system. It no longer aborts if the next skill is in cooldown, or you run out of mana.

Disliked: Another quest that requires you to be in PK mode to complete. Continued use of the main inventory for quest items. We have a quest inventory, it should be utilized for quest items. Lack of quests to do in between Rebirth level x1 quests when leveling back up (unless you'd rushed past the content, and those who had were busy rushing past the content for the 2nd and 3rd time.)

In general, the new content was easy to do. The one exception I think is a level 51 first rebirth quest in Kirin town which required you to kill some high HP, hard hitting mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear
    Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    -Rebirth system.
    -Primal world, with the new world quest line.
    -FSP.
    -Fix the titles quest line.

-War avatar cards are insane, too OP and ridiculously expensive.

-New EU BH; this needs a change ASAP. I don't mean change for the olds BH's, but please make it so we can enter more than once per day. Sometimes people do it on purpose, keep doing the wrong thing just for their own fun, messing up with others 9 squads member, who're damn bound to the party cuz they can't leave and try again later.

-Nuema system. Too much trouble, damn boring, only good for sins.

-I don't know about others classes. Most of them got pretty OP new skills, but I didn't like the offensive skills for Seekers. Every one of them break some combo. Actually I didn't tested it (and I'll probably never do, I don't intend to have them anyway), but I know a lot of seekers that agree with me, at least PvE wise the older skills seems work better.
    -as someone that I don't remember the name said before, this didn't came on the last expansion, but should be changed too. Even people on squads should get random nations at NW.

-A LOT OF PEOPLE want new times for NW. Both NW happens at the same zone time, if you can't go on one, you probably can't go on the other too.

-Cards should be tradable. Wanmei's greediness this time was huge

-More quests for reawakened people.
    -More quests for reawakened people, as stated above.

-AT LEAST a time limite for auto-cultivation.

-What I DON'T want even to dream about: more reincarnation. Two is more than enough. More dailys, stop doing it! People who like 2 or more type of classes are already screwed. It's impossible doing all this new content on alts now.

*I want our 10* sale back. 25 GOLD/each. They can't give dozens of free 10* for abusers and increase the price for honest people that are paying for it.b:angry
    No, it was not, but alts now are staying too far behind. It's hard to do this much dailys and reincarnations with one or two alts.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Main problems I see:

3) There are lots of dailys now which restrict how you play the game. The rewards they offer are so strong they are pretty much required but the fact you can only do them once a day means you have to work them into your schedule every day. That gets annoying fast.

The Nuema system also requires that you solo a pointless low level instance 20 times a week. That's such a stupid waste of time. Nothing fun about that.

I strongly agree with this too. Like I had said dailies should be optional, but the kind of reward they give forces you to give them some time, and running a low level instance 20 times per week is not fun.

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I honestly can't think of much, but that's because I haven't done any of the primal world content yet. So I'm sure that's at least decent. Arch Studios' influence does come through in the subtle design touches, like the reworking of the Supply Stash into the new reward chest system, and of course they don't skimp on the visuals.

Two things, primarily. The newbie area, while pretty, was an incredibly bad idea. You're given a full set of gear and a bunch of skills you won't have for a long time, then it's taken away and you're dropped into the regular world at Lv6 (if you finished the opening chain). This is not how you teach a new player how their class works. It's got to be an organic growth pattern from Lv1. Don't load them down with **** and teach them to rely on it before taking it all away again.

The other thing is the removal of balanced low-level gear and molds. While I can understand why the Dreamchaser gear was added to boss drops, there are now a significant number of lowgame molds that are now unobtainable, and this needs to be fixed. In addition, the Lv2 quest to explore the starter cities now gives out Corona/Halo/Sirius armor instead of the more balanced gear you originally got, contributing to a lowgame that's far too easy and causing those players to not learn how to play by endgame.

As many have stated, the War Avatars contribute to the gear disparity that's plagued PWI for years. I can't personally comment as I haven't done NW since this expansion launched, but looking at the stats alone, their immense impact is evident.

The Rebirth system is ambitious, but it could've been quite good if handled better. Unfortunately, we needed to have entry to the Frost instance restricted to Lv75+ characters, like many of us had discussed last year. This was never done. So in practice, all we are seeing is people equipping their R9 gears and blazing through Frost again from Lv1, essentially changing the Rebirth system from "epic new feature" into "momentary inconvenience to get 76 new stat points."

Honestly, none. We're full to bursting with content right now. What we need is fixes. Fixes to bugs, and fixes to long-standing game balance and gear disparity problems. Every new expansion just ladles on a new bundle of stat points that further distances "top tier" PVP players from what's required for a balanced PVE game. Many have suggested changing the PVE to match that PVP gear, but this is an absolutely terrible thing to do. The dev team has to realize that they need to fix what they broke, not break everything else to match it.

Having not seen the primal world content myself I can't comment on this; I've been focusing more on making new characters. And in that regard, the lowgame is easier than ever and players are not at all encouraged to stay in those levels and enjoy the game content as it comes. A greater focus on balancing this area of the game, rather than just throwing free exp at newbies, is needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I strongly agree with this too. Like I had said dailies should be optional, but the kind of reward they give forces you to give them some time, and running a low level instance 20 times per week is not fun.

I forgot to mention that but yeah.... I hate the amount of dailies we've been bombed with. You must do them or else you fall behind, the penalty of missing out on the dailies is pretty high. It really gets to the point where it feels like a chore to do them and even worse...a lot of people abandoned their alts, me included, because it's already hard/annoying to keep up with a single toon.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Huge +1 to that as well, all those fly fly with dailies (Racoon village, really, I hate that daily) kiling some random mobs and random diggings... well, it's cool until you realize you MUST do them...

Perhaps with new instance and way more options to get Bloods we won't feel as forced as now to get the dailies sorted... But who knows? Skills are still pretty costy anyway...

And Nuema is terrible to farm, needing alts or friend to keep reseting instance of lvl 20 whre you spend more time flying to than actually doing them...
  • Lorabel - Archosaur
    Lorabel - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014

A1: Ooh, many good things and they all add up.
    -Meridians, even if they're from earlier expansion already, and as frustrating as they can be if you need 2 in a row, and when you finally get it, there comes some server rollback and you have to do it again... And later you realize they were at the same place as last time, but you can't remember where you opened the second one, fail at guessing and hope for new rollback b:laugh Proper way would have been to try guessing the 2nd first, but didn't notice to try that before I had already stumbled open the 1st one I knew.

-The titles are nice, do make more. I suppose they will also affect mystic pet summons through my stats? Archosaur seal went very well together with rebirth, as it required the old culti bosses finished in early BHs too.

-War avatar cards, very nice if they reach to my pets, pity if they don't, but they're still nice. I haven't made any sets yet, except the poor qingfu triplets, but had some luck and made 3 A cards with Flow Silver Palace rewards, and leadership being 10/10 I'm quite satisfied for now. As for the other possible FSP rewards, 30 pages every day is like dream come true.

-If Primal world skill upgrade makes Chihyu noticeable stronger I'm definitely going to like it. New aoe on Swirling Mist is so sweet that my Lucky Break is on cooldown far too often. New passive skills will make a big difference, I'm trying to decide if I should go for new Chihyu first or lvl those... Just don't tell me someone changed Chihyu's looks O_O or I'll forget about that skill.

-Reawakening is fun. If I ever get to reawaken my alts, I'm going to love every quest I didn't yet do on them, because I did all mine even if I was past the intended lvl and now I don't have enough quests to keep leveling on rebirth. I'm desperate enough to do Justice orders and one-man army quests. The exp multipliers really made many small quests worth doing. I ran exp quests in Manor of Justice (inside faction base) before and they're just so much better on x4 and x3.5. If those adds only reached past lvl99.

-Continuation of Dreamchaser Kit gear sets and them dropping in instances. They're very good gear and rather easy to get, my alts have been getting better and better
    geared. Should just keep a track of who needs what for the times I see them drop.

-Nearly forgot to add this, with so many reborn running BHs, wines are not necessary anymore, which is good as token prises are what they are. Even if you can solo BHs, do take some tag alongs, they might find some tabs in their bags if you're lucky. It's definitely good time to lure newly reborns to all those FBs you needed to be done for so long. And the way things are now, some divine and other quests are easier to get done as well.

A2:
    -When I accidentally get myself stuck with stowing mount on autopathing, full chi and buffed. Guess it's trying to change mount to flyer or someting.

-Why at Tyrant Prince Mushi that Sword passing chi around so generously seems to kill my summons? Am I missing something, because I dont see any reason it should do that... Well, I can go around that as Cragglord is timed anyway so it will leave before chi shower and I can use Energy Leech on the rest pets and lysing on plants, but I still don't like it for the sake of my healing and vital herb. Poor plants trying so hard even if failing badly, at least they're nice to look at. If that rusty blade disintegrates my summons to chi particles just to pass them around and kills someone, I'll show it just what is my Enchanted Edge made of.

-Primal mobs hit hard! I hate that repair bill. (*Takes out Chihyu and stuns, Natures Vengeance+Absorb soul = mob is dead. No dmg received. Tries with Salvation's shield, Natures Vengeance+Absorb soul = mob is dead. 1+ 1+ 1+ some more +1 dmg received.*) Forget whatever I said, it was just me playing immortal and feeling OP in BH19 while farming nuemas and afterwards paying the repair bill with a pot I found lying around. If I want to play lazily in Primal world, I have better just team up with someone, mobs will die like flies and quests will take only half the time. Not that they take long anyway, which is good with so many dailys gathered at lvl100 and above.

-War Awatar Catalyst is boutique only...
    -Primordial Blood is 2/day for lvl100 ppl... Could these be made from flowsilver coins too? Though it is a way to keep us gaining new things too fast like Morai influence and prestige. (Kind of goes to the next part below.)

A3:
    -I'm out of quests on rebirth and was even more so after Winter Harbringer npc disappeared. There was this quest from Penguin mart shopkeeper (or something like that) that wasn't announced anywhere but gave great rewards on exp and additional Primordial Blood and Holy Pills daily. Some more/new/ANY daily questline to follow for exp would be nice. Well, I just don't like hypering, even if it is fast, rather be on my way on missions. And Manor of Justice quests get little bit repetitive until you get so used to it that you can think something else while toon can turn in quest as if on it's own.

-Cut in the 2nd rebirth legendary quest is disappointing, but that is just something that will be fixed eventually. I hope it happens while I'm still under lvl100 on 2nd rebirth, or someone better make the 3rd one available soon, because my questlist already has enough stuff stuck in there. Wait, it would be some wasted exp anyways if I pass 99, as that questline would be supposedly needed for the 3rd reawakening and Id have to finish it.

A4:
    -I'd like updates on the rest of mystic pet summons as well, though I'm yet to get that primal world version of Chihyu to see how much more survivability it actually get's. As a friend pointed out, for Storm Mistress to actually live after boss aoes would make it great deal more useful, same with Salvation, even if I can sacrifice those for my own good with Energy Leech.

A5:
    -No difficulties on the new Primal and post-Reawakening questlines, was very easy to follow them around. Some confusion on required arcane sky lvls to continue quest at first, until got used to that and now on mirage sky it displays more clearly as pop up notify.

-Hmm, about the, what was it again.. It's slowly coming back to me, yes, the Ancient tome. It was so much easier to understand than what I feared, thank you very much. I don't remember which historic lvl grants how many points, but in understanding how it generally works, no problems. Working on 3 levels, current and 2 past top lvls, it's mostly about how much exp is needed for leveling up any of the 3 and how many points that level will gain you. Someone had it explained clearly on forums. Nothing too complicated. Only thing I found myself considering now, if to start feeding exp to Book Demon right after lvl100 as all exp would be safe from death and I would maybe get little bit more exp from mobs than if I do the same right after lvl101.

-Leveling in general is just as difficult as I want to make it, even with the new content dropping me twice to lvl1.

Btw, forum avatar picture doesn't seem to distinguish I'm 2nd rebirth 75, but at least I have a picture right now and it's following right lvl as well. (EDIT: As I got to say that, it disappeared again :D)
    I wonder if my English teacher would accept this text instead of my homework...
    I'm quite sure I had 60k lag screenshotted somewhere but could only find this..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like the raised roof; there is more breathing room for end-gamers. Before, once you reached our point there was a select few options:

A) Make alts! Start over and experience the game from a new class.
    B) Keep going, the Uber-end-game. Full R9rr+12 JoSD/Diety with Nation War gears and add-ons, and ALL of the skills maxed out to level 11, or 12, or 13 or whatever the particular skill limit is.
    C) Go stagnate, become a more casual focused player and not really doing much of anything, this person borders quitting the game.

I also like the handful of dailies we get from Primal. Compared to Morai and those dailies, the Primal ones are superior. It gets old doing the same daily over and over every day, so it's nice that they are just a little more simple and the mobs are easier to kill, while being less annoying too.

I do enjoy the new Primal specific skills, the re-balance is obviously swayed in favor of some classes while others get the short straw... Some would be very unhappy.
    I dislike the amount of Primal Blood we have to obtain before getting the skills, or even the crystal for the second Rebirth. 60 Blood for a skill that is more PvE focused...? Why take it seriously? I can skip out on that, a lot of people have already skipped over certain or even all of their skills from Morai. Simply because they were useless or near to.

I also dislike and even hate many other things... But I'll try and keep them specific to the Primal expansion or things that can be fixed/changed on the GM side.
    Probably teleporting, that's the first thing that comes to my mind. I have a 3.3 flyer and I get bored flying to the daily NPCs in Primal. The NPC on the center platform in Kirin Town has a teleport option.... But I haven't found any other teleporter NPCs yet. Do they even exist..? Where are they..? I don't know.
    Free stuff that isn't timed. And not EXP stones that can't be stashed, either >_<

Through the levels, the dailies, the quest chain, not really. Day 1 there were lots of people and myself included who got stuck because the the quest suddenly has a vague description or even a description at all. As of now, I'm still on "Second Mission - Idea" and it talks about how I should find a camp that's attacking a friendly thing, or something like that. First thing that came to my mind after I read it was, "What? Well where is that?" Primal is pretty big, without teleporters, and flying around looking for yellow dots on the map is extremely irritating. On top of that, we have had quests in the past and still in use now that require players to be: 1) On the ground. 2) In a very specific spot. In order to proceed through the quest.

To be frank, quests have never been the strong suit of this game. I have come from other MMOs who put emphasis on story and don't just have the most broken english and grammar mistake-ridden text boxes. Even freaking Call of Duty has more interesting story lines.

So I believe the GMs and devs should be focused on combat and socializing mechanics the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Pro tip, Sparkie. Never say the word "Soon" to us, and even bad news is still communication with us. We like communication. We want to know this forum is still read by the GMs who are taking in the feedback.

This thread is a good start, but to a lot of us we're wondering just how far this information can take you. I guess we'll all see, hm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014

I liked the new areas, and some of the new systems.

The fact that almost everything is directed at end-game.
    That new fashion and items are no longer available in the boutique, but are only in limited quantities in packs.
    The fact that the first two lines here have driven the in-game economy have pretty much ruined the game for the casual player. I know I haven't spent a dime on the game in a couple of years, and that I am actually telling people not to get me PWE gift cards as gifts anymore.
    The fact that the majority of the games community now isn't worth the gum I just scraped off the bottom of my shoe. This is largely because of the changes completely alienating the people that actually played the game and replaced them with a bunch of e-peen idiots that can't be bothered to read basic instructions, much less develop any skill.

I also dislike the fact that when we get a new expansion we are pretty much left in the dark. Someone in China needs to have someone write up some simple guides for new releases.

PWE management actually listening to the users.
    PWE management keeping our version of the client closer to that of the original. Without the OP gear and the super-hyper leveling.
    Instructions for the new systems, guides, and other information.

At this point it's really hard to say. For the most part, I would like to see a lot of the age-old bugs fixed. I mean seriously, a lot of the aren't that hard, and some are just incomplete quest lines. I've fixed several of them on my own private server builds. I used to send the Dev's in China some of it, but they either break it a few months after it's applied, or never implement them. Most of my contacts have dried up or moved elsewhere, so I don't even bother anymore.

I mean the ultimate expansion right now, would simply be one that fixes the hundreds of bugs that have been around since closed beta, and introduces some support for newer technology. Then once it's really fixed, they can work on updating some of the current content, and afterwards work on making more, new content.
    I also understand that that doesn't really make much money so it will never happen.

Aside from the numerous new quests to sift through, not terribly. Although I'm being guided along by friends who have already done it a couple of times on their characters, and am reading guides that other user's have taken the time to put together.
    If I had started from day one, yeah, it would have been hard with little to no information.

Really that brings it right down to the biggest crutches for the game.
    1. The companies greed for money, and refusal to actually listen to the players.
    2. The lack of actual support. I mean it's ridiculous to have such a small number of people providing support for so many titles.
    3. The lack of information. I know (from long discussions with other CM's and GM's), that all you guys know about the updates is what the guys in China tell you to put in patch notes. But there's also supposed to be test servers where you're able to test the updates before they are released to us to make sure they work. I know a few times that updates have been postponed because of issues discovered through that process. Lately though, it doesn't appear to be happening at all, and there's some serious issues going on with the East coast and Morai servers, that are probably just due to something simple like data corruption in the transfer of the server files from China. God forbid that someone should shut them down for a day to reload the data from scratch, import the databases from backup, and restart it.
    I mean, I'm sure it would be easier to compensate players for a day of downtime, than for a month or two of ****-ups, rollbacks, and frustration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celestris - Sanctuary
    Celestris - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014

The main thing I enjoyed was the rebirth quest line, simply because the quest text was actually translated appropriately. I didn't notice any grammar/spelling errors and the story actually made sense without much thought.

The phases of unlocking areas/quests in the primal world was also a nice touch.

Finding out Morai teleportation being restricted to level 95+.

Better translation of the primal world quest line.

More things that need to be unlocked by the whole server.

Not particularly, no.
  • Deflectra - Sanctuary
    Deflectra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A:Passive Primal Skills & extra stats from the Rebirth System

A:Can only get 2 bloods a day, so you have to schedule the game into your daily life, or fall behind. Updates to Tideborn 89 skills without making those skills easily availible. Remove them from bh99 and put them in bh89 like all the other. War Avatar system...I have bad luck getting even decent cards.

A:Make FSP also give 1 Primal Blood as a reward. Bring back Penguin quest...bringing the total possible bloods up to 4 a day. As stated in above, make Tideborn 89 skills drop in bh89. Decrease the rate of C/B cards and slightly increase the rate of S & A cards.

A:Balancing the classes. Make Psy buffs into self-only buffs like the Wizard and Mystic defense buff. SoV and SoS are a Psy's only advantage and there are now plenty of ppl who make Psy alts just to have those buffs on their non-psy char. Puts us at a huge disadvantage.

A:Not at all, but then again I was able to run solo FCCs on my Psy.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. war avatar cards, interesting stuff

2. too many dailies from what i've heard and read, i havent done em yet XD

3. ...

4. I like to see new armors and weapons in the near future, dont need to be better than the r999 we now have, maybe upgrades of morai, r8 recast, nirvana or total new ones and i'll be motivated to play b:laugh

5. not realy
  • Im_Not_Sure - Archosaur
    Im_Not_Sure - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi all, this post won't be stickied for too long as I know it's getting a bit cluttered up here. That said, I wanted to create this thread to get a very general feel of how you are all experiencing the new expansion. Below are a few questions for you to answer. They can be brief, or give in-depth detail, it's up to you.

Thanks!

First I enjoy alot of the new content since and I think it was done pretty well, inviting more cash shopping aka keeping pwi running longer and longer

Dislikes? Not much concerning the update, I never played hidden dragons den ever so cant comment on that

It could be better by giving more thought to the skills people are given, but I like that everyone can get the passives and 56% defence we will see very much as a big game changer once the phase is done and unlocks 7 bloods daily

Content that would make the game better, I am a strong believer that nirvana was essential to the game. Something that just about anyone can do and have fun, the fact it was so monotonous and made decent money was fun. Not saying it needs to be revamped, but allowing for paths to grind in a heavily p2p game is always nice

Difficulty to progress, hmm not so much. Only thing thats difficult is finding time to do every single daily and then keep up by fc pv bh etc as well is hard to do every day. Overall I like the new changes and I hope pwi keeps going in a positive direction with the players in mind
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have been giving some of these questions quite the thought as of late.

--

As others have pointed out, I really love the new instance FSP, not too hard, but also not so ridiculously easy that it isn't even funny. (It does one hell of a job of making you want more of it, which is what delta use to do for me... use being the keyword.

I also liked that while there were a few bugs, they all seemed relatively minor for the most part.

I like the new passives from primal world.

I also agree with venus and the 500k return on lunar nights.

The war avatar system.

4x exp once reincarnated.

(Although I really love fsp) It has killed the 'effectiveness' of earning any sort of money from delta. It was already hard to get a squad for it due to the removal of coins, and now the time it takes to do the place is really... lame... especially considering the 'return/rewards' for finishing it. The only upside to delta is while your trying to level back up to 100, the 10m exp is nice, but with the rise of token prices, the instance has lost pretty much all of it's appeal that it used to have on me.

This is a hard question to answer, as overall, I feel that you all did quite an amazing job with it. (at least this is my opinion)

EDIT: Of course don't get me wrong there are indeed a few 'flaws'/things that could have arguably been 'given more thought'... but overall I am fairly satisfied with the expansion.

(Since I have already made suggestions about bm's.... I wont ask for content for them in this thread/post)

I for one would like it if you all make another place like NW, (as most of us are pve/free to play players) if you would slowly let us all get introduced to it, allow for 'baby steps' give us all time to 'learn' the new "instance." (some may point out that there was TW, that should have been 'our introduction' to it, but I do disagree with that statement especially considering how... different the two places are.... so whatever the content may be, I hope we get to make 'baby steps' into it, and get our feet wet if it drastically changes the landscape of what is the 'norm' for most people.

I also would like to see updated content for the aforementioned 'dislike' about delta, I know a majority of people prefer nirvana, but I for one would like delta to get changed.

Nope, not really, I think the hardest thing is just figuring out what to priortize over other things that you want to do/need to do.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited January 2014
    Thanks everyone, this helps a lot. While the developers may not be able to address everything, this will at least give them a little insight on what the community thinks. Continue to keep posting if you wish, I will be coming back to this thread on a regular basis to get any other ideas/suggestions I may have missed.