New Horizon Feedback 2.0

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Hi all, this post won't be stickied for too long as I know it's getting a bit cluttered up here. That said, I wanted to create this thread to get a very general feel of how you are all experiencing the new expansion. Below are a few questions for you to answer. They can be brief, or give in-depth detail, it's up to you.

Q:What did you like?
Q:What did you dislike?
Q:What could've made it better?
Q:What kind of content would you like to see in the future?
Q:Was it difficult to progress through the new content?

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Well, I like the fact that the new expansion brought something fresh and new to the game. Rebirthing is a good time sink. I also found the new quest line (After rebirthing) to be engaging and addicting. Lastly, the History Advancement mechanic was a nice touch, I found it to be amusing to watch which servers finished what first (Turns out, my server is the laziest) b:laugh

To be honest, the new starting area was the biggest disappointment, and one of the nicest additions all at the same time. Graphically speaking, it's absolutely amazing. Most of the questline is also good, so here's what broke it for me:

First off, the quest that requires you to embrace another player is quite honestly annoying, and sometimes near impossible to complete. This aspect should, in my opinion, be removed.

Second is the overpowered gear and skills that are given to you basically right away. This just encourages people to try and power level, and doesn't contribute to learning your class, because you can 2 or 3 shot the mobs (I used an Archer for my play through here). Giving players the standard weapon and the option to buy gear for players their level would be more than sufficient.

Lastly is allowing the auto cultivation system to be used here. A lot of people are doing so to get the wings through the Aquametal exchange, and it gets annoying when everyone there is botting.

Honestly, one of the biggest issues that I've heard of (but never had the chance to experience as of yet) is the 2nd rebirth questline being supposedly broken. From what I've heard of it, it seems to me that the players may not have done enough of the History Advancement to progress further, but an official comment on whether it is broken or we just need to have patience would be nice.

My reason for the theory is that hypering in FC in China is impossible, so it was never intended for us to have rebirthed both times so quickly. If you could look into this and give us a clear answer, I think this issue would be solved.

I'd like to see a few things, one of the biggest is balancing the PVP system a little more. Currently, the gap between players is HUGE, and I think it drives quite a few people away.

Revamping Nirvana would be awesome, as no one runs it due to raps/cannies being available via NW. It was a fun instance, and still holds potential.

Maybe having a new instance that everyone could somehow participate in. Not sure how it would be pulled off, but something that would encourage people of all levels, gears, and classes to run together. There's even an unused portal down by Chromagnon Village, where Black Sand Palace should have been. I always just tell people it's the Temple of Crixxix b:chuckle

Not really, from what I've seen. Of course, none of us have seen everything yet, due to History Advancement. It takes time, which is a good thing, and stops us from doing everything all in one day. The beginning questline is cake work, and the rebirthing questline isn't bad from what I've seen of it.

This was a really good post Sparkie. Keep this up, and you'll be loved by many of us. It really shows that someone cares, and that our opinions matter. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Thanks!

I liked, i love Flowsilver palace, first time that i feel welcome in a instance for be full heavy blademaster. Also have to realy work on team at the Frog boss.

I disliked that Dragons Hidden Den have been removed. Also i dislike that after lvl 100 one lost the exp bonus from reawake.

What i want to make better is nothing about this expansion, is About Nations war, they might make it complete random, making radom inclusive where end the people inside squads. Also i Want more lore and plot in the quests stories, i would like that nirvi s3 weapons gets effects, i mean, not as powerfull as r9 gear with god of frenzy, but almost some efect that might help.

Well in the future i would like to see more places like dragons hidden den and flowsilver palace, also more contend for low lvls, i feel that compared to people over lvl 100, lower levels don't have much to do.

The only difficult have been the glitches.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I appreciate the thought of this thread but seeing how it's up to wanmei do anything, best not to hope on too much.

1. Reborn content.

2. Wanmei failing to fix old bugs/update graphics/optimize client as usual.

3. See Number 2 + housing from p2p pw.

4. See Number 3.

5. This game was never hard.

Edit:

Since sparkiesoft is a newbie and I don't know how much you've been filled in on, let me explain a few common terms:

PWCN = Perfect World China = Our mother version

Wanmei = PW Beijing = Developer/Publisher of PWCN

p2p pw = pay to play version of pw, original version that has never left China. Mostly known for player housing (leftovers of this exists in our pwi client).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    add speedo and bowtie fashion
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Thanks!

Q1: new card system, new skills, new daily
    Q2: Lack of quest after reawaken, people auto-culti aka botting at daily quest mobs, removal of HDD
    Q3: Some animation or graphic change to reawaken toon, or maybe just the genie apperance. New weapon and gear, and more slot in bag.
    Q4: more quest for reawaken people, or some quest reset after reawakening
    Q5: Kinda easy as long as you know how to play

b:bye that would be all, maybe I'll add more in the future
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Girlbat_nine - Heavens Tear
    Girlbat_nine - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi all, this post won't be stickied for too long as I know it's getting a bit cluttered up here. That said, I wanted to create this thread to get a very general feel of how you are all experiencing the new expansion. Below are a few questions for you to answer. They can be brief, or give in-depth detail, it's up to you.

Thanks!
    i like the look of the new luncher to start the game.

i dislike that i cant click the start button to play at all and that the game isn't working for me since the expansion update

it would of been better if the expantion was less buggy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature made by me.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014

Both of the new zones, primal and the astral domain. They were pretty and fun and that's always a good thing. I also liked the concept of rebirthing as it worked out here. It's a nice way to get some extra stats and make alternative builds more fun.

The new autopath minus the glitch OFC

The 500k reward added to Lunar

The improvement of macros

That dreamchaser gear is easier to get and farmable, and the new HP/MP pots for lowbies

The mine scout! OMG! I've been wanting an NPC to make the 20-29 culti shorter for years! No idea how happy that made me. It was a little complaint but it's bugged me for a long, long time.

I admit I'm a bit of hypocrite on this one since I have been using it, but that's mostly because I don't want to get left behind. The auto-cultivation though has got to be one of the worst ideas ever. I admit it can be useful for things like getting aquametals, but it's also going to drive up inflation. Have you seen the prices in China and in games in general that have bots? Not a good look. Very much dissatisfied with it's implementation and I'm basically only using it because I"m not a moron, and it's not like it's cheating. :P

The fact that people who RB can get the lowbie buffs in Nation Wars. That was meant as a handicap for the weakest people in the game, not as a buff for people who already have any form of level 100 gear.

That fairyboxes have been removed from TT. Refining was already almost as expensive the gear itself, there is not any reason why it should be made more expensive with the double whammy of being able to farm event gold being taken away soon AND making mirages harder to come by. It's just flat out ridiculous.

You've made character creation less intuitive, which is a shame because character creation is one this game's strongest selling points.

New card system needs some work

A little more love for sub-100 stuff. Would've liked to see some new level restricted quest and content such as the aquametals. 80-100 quests in particular reallly need an overhaul.

A new farming instance for tradeable things.

Some new NW maps.

More love for new and casual players so that this game isn't as difficult to get into.

More challenging (but completely optionable) things for people who are established

A new farming instance

New Pve Instance on the world map rather than always new zones

Up until the part it breaks, no not really.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Nigoshi - Raging Tide
    Nigoshi - Raging Tide Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Overall I am enjoying this expansion, but if i had to choose a few things that i like most about it they would be: the new skills, the world quest progression and the auto cultivation system.

The auto squad tool, not being able to see how much infamy you have by just hovering over the icon, the removal of the auto-pot icon, the lack of information on the war avatar cards upon launch, not being able to actually trade or account stash the cards.

The removal of fairy boxes. really -_- first there's a limit to 6/day then you take them out entirely. Not cool yo.

More information upon launch, making the auto squad tool more visible (as far as I know not many people use it, at least not on RT. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of folks didn't know it even existed). It would also help to have some options on the auto squad tool such as the number of people you want in a party, what classes you're looking for and a level bracket (not sure if it squads people according to level to be honest, i was only ever able to test it with lvl 100+)

Improvements on the TW instance would have been extremely welcomed. (Map variety based on the land being attacked, Individual participant winner rewards, Outnumbered system)

More PvP themed or enabled events, More world quest, another PWIC!

Not at all, save for that broken legendary quest
    Wait...Wait...There will be large posterior wenches?! -Impatiens

youtube.com/NigoshiPwiRT - Blademaster PvP videos and TW
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Thanks!

Hello and welcome.

Q1: I like the New content in general

Q2: Some old and new Bugs that need a fix. Also the removal of BH Snake from the Bounty Hunt daily quest, that I really disliked.

Q3: I would add some low level reborn quests, so it would be more fun to level up

Q4:
    - I would like to see more content on the main map, there are still areas that said comming soon when you fly there, the area between Ragin tide and tellus is an example of this: some times my toons get stuck at some point on the ocean there when flying from one place to another b:laugh .
    - Also i Would like to see an alternative instance to get badges and molds, the only way to get those now are lunar and Warsong, it would be fun to see more vile bosses.

Q5: Not really

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree with everything that Venus said, although I didn't know that event gold was being taken away b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Thanks!

1. Like: The reawakening feature did add a nice change, but it just pushed the power creep door even further open. Could also say the same bout the auto cultivation and how it has made players grind for their dq drops and coin, but that is further from the truth. Before the auto cultivation was added, pw was trying to ban those that use bots period in the game and now they have just pushed an open door to allow those that were using bots to give em a free ticket ride.

Since the auto cultivation feature being added, it has given a rise in rudeness, greed and not allowing other players to do their quests or base quests. For something that took bout 5-10mins to complete, has just become longer to do with bots being around those spots that ppl would be doing quests for. Anyone here can spout out that all it takes is using your head to kill the mobs that the bot isnt going after, but what they are totally ignorant on is that within the next 30secs to 1min, a bot shows up trying to steal their drops when the one doing the mob kills are possibly trying to get a good amount of drops before picking em up.

The daily roll call feature was good too for those that didnt want to go up to the arch platform just to pick it up and turn it in. Same goes for some of the rewards too. Almost forgot bout the new primal world area even though it probably shouldnt be only for those that reawaken.

2. Dislike: How the power creep door has been swung more open between the r9s3 +12 types compared to the undergeared r8, nirv s2 and nirv s3. The lack of balance to pw has really caused alot of the old veteran players to simply quit over this very thing, If pw cant balance its game out at least by 50-75%, then the only ones that will be left to be playing pw are the trolls, scammers, cashshoppers, and those with uber gear who like crushing everyone who is below their gear standards. NW is so unbalanced that the last some odd weeks where you could find the high geared factions in all 4 nations, has put most of those high geared r9s into 1-2 nations where the other 2-3 couldnt stand a chance of possibly winning or getting a good amount of contribution due to where the 1-2 nations would just stomp all over the other 3 and practially own more than half the map.

What pw should of done is also split the revamped sot and aba with the original one where the original sot and aba could be used for fb99s and the revamped for weekly. Ik basically where most hate sot now cause of how hard hellfire has gotten when they revamped the instance. So they need to do something regarding this so that it doesnt take a r9s3 type just to tank it for em. Plus how somethings went missing again after they were put in from one of the past content updates (aka ma lin). Not to mention all the bugs and glitches that havent been fixed since D day.

3. Could of made it better: fixing the bugs, glitches and etc. Plus also double and possibly triple checking the expansion before it was released instead of making it an early horizon.

4. Kind of content for future suggestions: The hidden dragons den was really cool before it was taken out, so possibly put HDD back into pw as an added bonus to flowsilver. First and foremost, BALANCE OUT THE CLASSES. Whats really ruining pw is the unbalance of the game itself and giving players the forced option to powerlvl in FF. Valiance was going to possibly see a chance to somehow put a lvl cap on FF before he left that idea in the pw wastebasket. Theres bout 4 things that need to be addressed here 1: lvl cap on FF to prevent anymore plvling, 2: Balance out the classes, 3: to somehow close the door on the power creep, and 4: to start putting fashion into the boutique instead of packs plus to maybe put any and all fash that is in packs to be put into the boutique.

5. Difficult to progress through the content: Not entirely difficult to progress less its for the starting low lvls that have a small major obstical.

Conclusion: Think the most and important thing here to the playerbase is the lack of communication between pw and us the players, otherwise its the 3-4 things that need to be addressed if pw is to have much of a future. Plus also for the starting lvls, they should of had some kind of xp boost like the reawakens have even if its just 2x xp from any and all quests plus mob kills. Not to mention putting the lvl 89 sage and demon tideborn skill books into something where they can be accessable instead of where they are difficult to obtain.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • nechick
    nechick Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2014

i like the reawakening wish we could do more then 2x, i also love the cultivating idea it was a great add to pwi, however it is a bit generic and should be more to it

double exp should have been longer, as well as the bobnus for each reawaken should not have ended at 100 should end at our historical lvl

would have been nice if all the quests worked and there was more info from pwi on it all..Still waiting for the 2nd awakening quest to be fixed.

along with more double drops and exp i would like to see more real sales. i realize pwi is out to make money but we had better sales once upon a time and i know pwi made alot of money. i say bring back the real sale prices. also more double drops and exp. new classes would be good as well. i know for me i have one of each of all the classes and would like something new.

the most difficult part was that pwi didnt give us info on the new quests or rewards or what to do. and how often to do it
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rebirth was ok for us old players but to new players it's way too much so new players coming in will slow down a lot.

The half assed instance matching system is complete ****, make a proper system where you can choose tank/dps/heal and also offers to teleport you in the instance like other MMO's do. (Research what classes can be these roles, don't allow BM's to choose healer or something)

I'd like to see hard modes of old instances like world of warcrafts heroics.

Also add battlegrounds so the PVP fiends can enter them at any time of the day.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I agree with everything that Venus said, although I didn't know that event gold was being taken away b:shocked

I should've made that more clear, the ability to farm it is going to be taken away when they remove DQ points. You'll still be able to have a chance at winning some from Tigers.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Q:What did I like? Fsp and the rebirth
    Q:What did I dislike? The removal of few of the dailies
    Q:What could've made it better? no answer to this yet still ongoing.
    Q:What kind of content would you like to see in the future? Awaken the dead instances.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited January 2014

The reincarnation system is pretty nice, smart way to increase level cap without actually doing it.

Flowsilver Palace is a very well done instance and is very fun to do.

The new primal map stages are ingenious and the requirement of the entire server having to contribute makes me smile.

I was very happy to see psychics finally get a zhen skill.

The new barb stun and requirement for flowsilver is bringing back the barb. population, this is nice to see.

First, the new Sin skills have made them even more overpowered than they were before. There is no reason for a sin to ever be hitting a full end-game barb. for more than his full hp on one hit.

Second, and most prominently, the War Avatar system. All this system did was make the cash-shoppers more insanely overpowered. Regular players have no chance of ever getting good cards unless they make tons of money and buy gold through the cash shop to do it. The entire system is pointlessly overpowered.

Finally, the auto-cultivation system. All this system does is encourage people to have up tons of clients running 24/7. It aids the people who break the multi-clienting rule and does nothing to further gameplay other than drive up the market needlessly.

Also, as a sidenote from a seeker. The new seeker skills are ****. Every other class at least got something useful, seekers basically got a nerf if they "upgrade."

More information and guidance beforehand. Players were handed almost no information like normal and I spent the first week explaining stuff to people.

Something that balances out pvp a lot more. As is with gear and certain class skill there are people at end-game that can't be killed by 20 other people on them with almost similar gear.

For me, not really because I researched most of it beforehand. However, I can see it being very difficult for new players.
  • sobat
    sobat Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    b:angry

Ask how many archers have the new active skills i say a handfull I find it a insult those new skills. The only ones i lvl up are the passive onces the rest is garbage for on a PvP server.

b:angry
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. I love Primal World as a new area, tbh. More maps a la Lothranis/Momaganon, the OHT maps, and Morai are always welcome. Flowsilver Palace is also a good addition as a new dungeon. Just difficult enough that it requires some teamwork, but not so hard that newbies can't easily grasp how to do it once explained to.

2. I dislike the card system for a variety of reasons. For one, S cards are nearly unobtainable outside of the one free quest one you can get unless you either cashshop or buy gold in some fashion. This wouldn't be too terrible if you weren't asking $4 a pop for a 1% to 2% chance to get something really good (S cards), but like a 90% chance to get absolute **** (B/C cards). In comparison, the normal CS packs (Tiger/Wildlife/Joy Scrolls/etc.) are like 40-60 cents or something for kinda the same odds.

My other problem with it stems from cards being unable to be traded/account stashed at all. Like, with this, it's utterly pointless for me to continue playing the majority of the alts on my account because it's just too much for them.

On a different note, I'd like to see Fairy Boxes implemented back into TT. I don't really see any reason to remove them.

4. What I'd personally like to see in the future would be a feasible way to farm end-game shards (Diamond of Tiger/Diamond of Dragon/vit stones) via a new instance or a revamped old one (hint: Nirvana could really use an upgrade). Mats for these being tradeable to create a new market would be just lovely.

5. Not really, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014

The new skills. This added more viability to gameplay, taking auto-attacking a bit out of action, which is pretty good.
    A few broken things that came up, due to this expansion being a bit rushed.

First about the new skills. Some haven't got any kind of sound effect, while others are just using recycled animations from older ones. (like the new Drason Rising for BMs... you farm 60 Primordial Bloods, which pretty much almsot took a month worth of dailies, only to find out it has the same animation than the previous Drake Bash.)

Then, there is the broken second reawakening quest, where you can't continue it because you can't burn the letter to summon Miss Oog.

Honestly, besides fixing the above, this game needs a revamp really... Nowadays, thanks to Hypers and FCC being open 24 hours to everybody, no matter their lvls, people barely quest anymore, which makes a lot of players to just buy FCC mobs and heads and skip all their quests, besides the culti quests.

It would also be nice to reduce the cooldown of most skills that still have high cooldowns, like the lvl 100 skills and if needed, make them more viable too. I say this because this game encourages auto-attacking too much.

Also, I would like so that you guys be more transparent and communicative with your player base... not just in here on your forums, but in game too. We need more GMs present in game every now and then.

More new merging skills/upgrades would be nice... like the lvl 59/79/100 skills of each class.

Aside from the broken quest at second reawakening, I had no problems at all, but it would be nice if you guys could lend a bit more information about your future updates to your player base, so that other players (mostly non english speakers) don't feel lost within the new content.
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1Q:What did you like?
    I liked that they actually brought something fresh
    2Q:What did you dislike?
    cards arent tradable or account stashable
    3Q:What could've made it better?
    See #2
    4Q:What kind of content would you like to see in the future?
    a new class that is able to use the remains of data that's about whips or just implement whips lol
    5Q:Was it difficult to progress through the new content?
    nothing. i did it all eyes closed,

^ true story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Overall I think it's one of the better expansions we've had. Love the skill upgrades and passive skills (although I don't play the classes that got screwed by these, haha archers). Primal World is nice. Reawakening is relatively painless. Love the War Avatar system.

Nation War low level buff should not be usable by reawakened characters!

The toad boss in Flowsilver Palace requiring that a barb be in squad. There are workarounds but they're difficult. Enemies shouldn't require specific classes be in squad - it makes squadbuilding take so much longer.

War Avatars need to be account stashable. Maybe not the S cards but the lower ones at least. Some Primal World dailies being in Story Mode and some not is kind of weird, should all be the same. I'm on the fence about botting. I like it on a personal level but I recognize that it's going to wreck the economy.

Eh don't really look forward to anything, I like being surprised by new content and exploring it when it comes out. Take a look back at the Descent (Morai) expansion, it was easily one of the best we had, providing lots of help for free-to-play players and a good attempt at balancing class skills.

Not at all.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Thanks!

Answers to question-1: The reawakening so far is great (but I'm still holding off on going RA-2 until a patch has been added to fix the quest line breaks)//// The 'Primal World' itself is great I love all the quests so far (except for the 1 quest that will be in answer-2s subject below)

Answer to question-2: I don't like the 'Flow Silver Palace_quest' very much at all right now as it sits (Reasons>> 1- whoever the brain child derper was who came up with its {parameters and intensity levels} obviously didn't even bother to try and factor in any of the current western worlds Variation of the Perfect World franchise {PWi} character class usage numbers data (if they had they would of understood that the 'Barbarian class' is one of the rarest used and hard to find classes now a days (do to the addition of the 'Seeker class' aswell as the beefing up of the 'Aps classes') which made the snails pace attack speed 'Barbarian' almost completely useless now a days (except for buffs)>> So instead of studying, they instead blindly made a boss in what could of been a truly prime quest dungeon that everyone would love to go through for the rewards, thats so obnoxiously 'Barb-centric' and otherwise 'nearly unbeatable' in its prowess & tendencies to flatten every other class type in a squad) that its now only caused nothing but a **** load of unhappiness in most players who want in on the quest, now thanks to the rarity of active Barbs so people can hardly ever even attempt to get a good squad with any chance to beat it, since finding any qualified 'Barb' for it, is so friggen nearly impossible to get now)b:surrender

And lets not even talk about how annoying it is, to have either a bunch of mobs pop up and gank you or those overly used 1-shot kill blast zones that no matter where you are they are there too (even at the entrance!) I've died in there '10-times' for every 1 time killed in normal combat in there (by being in either the starting area, or anywhere else in there that'd already been cleared by our squad b:angry >> by those lame overly used popup adds that hardley even give you time to even rebuff even partially)

"If you expect the 'FSP dungeon' to become a truly popular quest for everyone to be able to use, then you need to tell the {Devs} to make that all to annoyingly OP'd boss more managable by the squads that don't have the 'luck or luxury' of having a barb on call on an instants notice... /&/ You need to stop having those blast fields appear so often aswell as all over the place (Even back at the entrance hallway, while your trying to time & run your way through those odd attempts at guillotines!? (those things are annoying enough to have to run through without having a blast field pop up under you or those lame mobs that also pop up and gank you....)>> whoever came up with those ideas of having those things pop up as often as they do, is a totally misguided 'rank amateur' when it comes to the understandings of the mental well beings and interests of the actual players whom they were supposed to be enticing with well planned and executed game play ideas, because all they've done is make an instance which is becoming even more of an ultra-elite (Exclusive) squad instance, rather than an actual 'For everyone' real fair chances (Inclusive) instance, so be warned alot of people are already quitting going in there and potential squads are becoming even harder to find & form even now, so if you don't have them tone down the overly exuberent {Prog's} zealously over-challenged planning, then all you've done is made another DEAD END instance, like the 'Palace of Nirvana'> And look at the complaints that came in on that one in the past "

Question-3's answer: Besides what was listed in 'Question-2' You should make more way points for teleporting ahead too (in the FSP instance dungeon) > As a squad progresses deeper into it (running through it '8 or more times' while you try and play catch up with your squad just so you can finally regroup with them just to continue to hit a boss as 'an actual squad' is wayyy stupid! So you should have more 'port in points' so that everyone can quickly rejoin their squads on the frontlines in their boss assaults, because one of the most annoying things in there is being stuck as an assault of '2 or 3 people' on average, rather then an actual 'full squad' just because your squad mates got ported back to Bfe and are having to run the obstacle course all the way back to you...b:bye

Question-4s answer: 1~ More quests that award '(ultra-rare) skill books' aswell as 'Ranked Gear' refinement items > and an addition of dailies that should reward ones characters with more B-class cards (aswell as A & even S-class cards would also be nice to have // 2~ Daily Instances (which pay good xp) and actually force) RA'd characters to actually have to help Non-RA'd characters (because the quest requires it) would also be nice >(just make sure that those quests actually entice RA players (characters) enough to help other non-RAs with its reward's) >FBs used to be an example of that 'once upon a time' > Because there is a growing elitism with the rest of the RA's starting to not allow non-RA players any help or squad time while now choosing instad to go in favor with others like us who are also Re-awakened and this is starting to make me wanna vomit >b:spit< I'm one of the rare few who doesn't care if non-RA characters joins any of the BH squads or any FFs I choose to hold for either 'myself' /or/ my 'faction mates' /or/ anyone whose 'truly in need of it'... So why are so many now demanding only 'RA members' when pretty much all of us who went RA can practically solo it once we went back to being 80th & up^ as RAs...

For example: I watched a failed attempt at this '4 or 5-days ago' on {HT-server} > As 1-idiot called for almost (2 hours) for just '1-all RA' squad, that he'd likely never gotten filled anyways (because atleast '1-person' he had on his attempt of a squad, that I actually knew of) ended up leaving his squad, because of his inane persistence (in demanding a full RA squad!?) Rather then going in as is, or just giving the last '2 spots' that he needed to originally fill, to 2-non-RAs (so tell me where the logic is the in that tactic??? 'Theres a difference between running a (Payed run in exchange for coin) for others & an actual real (NON-PROFIT) FF run, so why do so many of you choose to persist at treating those who haven't been able to make it to RA like the rest of us have, like they're unwanted trash?! Why not try and be like me and try (having a heart on occasion for those actually in need of runs) most the (times and squads now) even 2-RA members can wipe out (The entire FF alone between themselves anyways) so you really don't need the extra DPS characters at that point in that instance anyhow"

Question-5s answer: Short of the prior posts on FSP instance >> I've actually liked the majority of the new content (even if its down side is its causing an even bigger (Rift/Gap) of seperatism & elitism between the RA and Non-RA crowds in NW & what few dwindling chances they now get in the way of help from RAs is now also another visible part of the gap >> But yes, I do like this Expansion, because the majority of it has breathed new life into the game which it was beginning to lack for the last 3 years... Over all this expansion was a good attempt to get this game back to being fun....b:thanks (Btw though: taking the 'trophy run modes' out of the '69 & 79 dungeons' was really kinda low... And no I've never ran a 'trophy run' in either of them for coin, but i still know that many people with 'lower leveled characters' who still needed good robes from those were shattered when the {Devs} took that hope away from them and only those people can tell you in-depth & truthfully what they feel about it, but I've noticed that alot were way PO'd and dissapointed in {Wanmei} for doing that to them)
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I liked the new instance only, Flowsilver. I'm neutral for the rebirth system and war avatar system.

1: Flowsilver's reward can only be claimed once per day.

2: Some classes got skills that are too good. Like blademasters got a skill called "Dragon Rising" that violates all previous game mechanics. That skill can paralize you even if you have an anti-stun. You cannot purify it. The only way to avoid that is to not get hit by the skill...On the other hand other classes only got small upgrades to old skills, and no one got anything to counter that new skill from Blademasters.

3: Cards are not tradable.

4: I don't like the amount of daily quests we have now, it's too much. If at least they were bonuses, but if you don't do them then you will not get any of the new skills.

5: Some content of the game is available only to heavy cash shoppers. To obtain S cards, you must expend gold, and there is no way to get them w.o using gold.

1: We should always get rewards from FS no matter how many times you do it.

2: Give something reliable to counter "Dragon Rising", or nerf the skill. And the developers should give nice upgrades to all classes, not just a few.

3:It would make the game a lot more fun, interesting, and viable if you could trade cards.

4: For daily quests, please stop making new daily quests. They get boring, repetitive, and they are not rewarding enough. I can't think of something better except that stop designing daily quests.

5: Everything should be obtainable by farming which would be the "free" method that would take longer, while cashoppping would be the less effort and fastest way. We need instances where we can make money or farm our own gear.

1: I'd like to see a new tier of gear that was not related to rank gears. I would like to see this new tier of gear to be farmable, with all its components tradable, but the final product auto bound. This new tier would have nothing to do with r9 or nv-3, it would be totally new, and more powerful. This new tier would not have purify spell. This gear would be farmed in a instance.

2: I want another upgrade to veno's pet. What I want to suggest I already posted it in this thread

3: I would like "demon redstone" (a venomancer skill) to have one icon for when you reduce defense by 180%, and another one for when it's only 40%.

No

Thanks!
    Answers above

Edit: There were more thing that I liked and surprised me, like the auto cultivation feature, but I don't remember them all atm.

Overrall, in the short term the expansion is ok.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Overall, I think the expansion was great - it added lots of new content and world pvp which is awesome, BUT I think PWI missed a HUGE opportunity to attract people with their new card system.

What they could have done is, for example, make all cards tradable, but halve the drop chances of S/A cards to make up for the potential loss in revenue. What this allows players to do is to customize their card sets according to how they play, and add a deep trading system/character customization system. People aren't going to care about the half-drop chance because overall, this allows them to get the cards they want without the frustration of getting dud cards.

This would also create an entirely new market for the economy, as the prices of cards will vary based on server class composition and their value in a set. So it would provide incentive for merchants to get back in the game as well.

It would also provide "collectors" with an incentive to collect every card. While PWI makes no direct profits from the secondary market, it still contributes to revenue in that it spurs ZEN trading activity due to people wanting to sell/trade coins to buy cards.

All in all I think PWI really dropped the ball on this one, and turned their card system into another boring, pointless gear grind that added absolutely nothing "tangible" to the fun type of gameplay that people desire (it had the potential to be addictive, but now many people simply don't care, and just do their daily for the free C-S pack, which provides PWI no revenues or benefits).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Main problems I see:

1) The new skill balance is all over the place. Losing 2 or more skills to gain another is awkward especially when the new skill is unable to fill a void left by the previous skills.

2) War avatar card system has no trading feature. What kind of a collection game is it without any form of trading?

3) There are lots of dailys now which restrict how you play the game. The rewards they offer are so strong they are pretty much required but the fact you can only do them once a day means you have to work them into your schedule every day. That gets annoying fast.

The Nuema system also requires that you solo a pointless low level instance 20 times a week. That's such a stupid waste of time. Nothing fun about that.

4) Auto-cultivation is an economy breaker. If you aren't auto-cultivating you aren't able to keep up with inflation and so are losing money. You now have to keep the client open all the time just to stay even with inflation.

5) Why did we have to discard our previous earned levels? Having to redo leveling seems like an arbitrarily long time suck.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like everything about new expansion. For me one of best we had for a long time.

1.I dislike that we loose bonus exp after 100 reawaken and think it should stay since we have to reawaken 2 times even with that bonus will take some time. Without it its just insane.
    2. Also dislike that we don't have chance to farm S cards without boutique item. There should be option to get them trough farming Silver Palace or some other instance.
    3. Don't like that we need barbarian for Toad boss. Class restriction is just silly. Every HA should be able to tank it and problem solved.
    1.See all from question 2 + give us some option to get more bloods per day (instance or daily idc) because 2 per day is really not enough
    2. Make possible reverse process on new skills - for some price you can get old skills back or get new again w/e you like, same as switching culti - different stages of game and lvl requires diff skills so process should be reversible
    1. Nirvana/caster nirvana alive again with different rewards
    2. Hard mode for some instance with chance to get DOT/DOD as reward similar like fsp chance or mats for gear that are available only through packs - idc if it takes forever just make it possible.
    3. New fashion in boutique - remove fashion from the packs!
    4. EU BH should be available to do more then only 1 time per day
    1. yes because 2nd rebirth quest is broken
    2. yes because broken auto-path which requires to relog every 5 min
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Overall all the content regarding Horizon is really good & specially the new areas(Primal World).

I hate the new Cultivating System(Botting System) it is really a shame for any official game to give away such facilities to the players. Also fixing the old bugs will really help.

Balancing the skill would have surely helped but i guess that's really hard to do.

Revamp of Nirvana and all the dungeons making them a bit more hard because now the playerbase has got OP gears in general. New Couple Quests, No more new daily Quests, New Genie Skills or New Type of Genies, a new TW system or new form TW dungeon.

Not really. Some Quest had very good-story lines but they were dragged also i mean long-chain quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Thanks!

Nothing special.
    My character is not low level and is not high level.

New update just spent time of the player for update.
    Added more possibilities for power levelers (like level 105).
    Added bots for this game.
    All those possibilities , which we were against few years ago, which only could be used by hackers are now in game.

Game is FC driven. High level players rule the game.
    Those, who can solo most of instances are rich, those classes which are unable to do it are poor.

With current free to play system you can't do anything.
    When real money rule this game, game is pay to play.

I could only wish to play in server with updates before Assassins. All other updates just dis balance this game.

Since this update is not for me, then I have not any difficulties with it.
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In general, the game getting more centered around 1 character instead of the alt-making machine it became lately. Many things are not tradeable like Nuema, War Avatars, Primordial Blood. I know many don't like this, but personally I do.
    The skill upgrades are very disconnected with the state of the game. Some are more nerfs then upgrades, psychic has pve upgrades on very rare skills (meaning pve upgrades only accessible for the r999+10~12 players), assassins have kinda needed upgrades on equally rare skills, some classes that really didn't need it got amazing upgrades. Hard to see the logic behind it.
    Accessability to the tideborn lvl11 89 skills.
    The number of quest and bag slots really needs to be increased.
    The revamp of trials rewards is insufficient imo
    A revamp of Nirvana.
    An extra stage of Rebirth (but don't redo the old ones and make them impossible for those needing culti).
    A way to do World Bosses without the ridiculous times and fights.
    PvE wise, not really. There was a lot of new stuff to figure out, but that was fun.
    PvP wise, I became so squishy at start. Higher multipliers + War Avatar race by the "elite" of the server ... It's becoming better as I'm getting good cards and lvling the defensive skill though.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There's something to do in game. Even if it a lot of it is the same stuff as before/repetative at least there is something to do.

1)The randomness of cards.
    2)The inability to TRADE CARDS.
    3)Too much botting.

Can Trade Cards

Cross Server NW. If that is too much at least a smaller/semi-regular (per x months) cross server pk tournament. Qualifier rounds are on server like we did w/ PWIC.

No. A lot of the new content are dailes though, they are not meant to be difficult.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0