Intro - NEW Community Manager - SparkieSoft

Comments

• WickedTruths - Archosaur
    WickedTruths - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome new CM and the best of luck to ya! you will most surely need it.

We gots a good community here, unless enraged, in that case you should probably have a apocalyptic type shelter on hand to wait out all the mass waves of QQ you will have to endure.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello New CM
    on behalf of my server the south US and bms everywhere id like to welcome you to pwi
    we would like to affirm your humanity so go check out the off topic threads. Especially the music one.
    Other then that, try to make an appearance on the servers at least once a month. Do some sort of random event. Something along the lines of sending 100s of lvl1 rabbit mobs into west arch kind of thing. Send a bunch of fake catshops into west arch selling books. Try to make life interesting for us. God knows were bored. Might wanna check the other posts for what to say if u dont know something. You seem to be doing a good job already so well see where u stand when the first wave hits.
    So if youre the guy in charge of ARC can u tell me whats with the updating thing?
    Alot of people are waiting for titles. will you be continuing that or is that a weird idiotic thing we have to live with now?
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Welcome SparkieSoft!

Ive said who eva fills these shoes has a lot to do. I wish you good luck and do your best thats all we will ever ask.
  • bingaara
    bingaara Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    b:pleased i hope u help us allot
    and Enjoy with us b:thanks
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome and look forward to you ignoring the players like all other CMs.
    NGTUy53.png

• _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    foley3k wrote: »
    Welcome and look forward to you ignoring the players like all other CMs.

>Val
    >Ignoring the players

It's like you're really new here.
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome! b:pleased
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome aboard, SparkieSoft.

I would say that's going to be a fun and easy ride, but unfortunately, it's not.
    The community in general is friendly and funny, but there are things that has riled it up a lot (and will happen again in the future). Like the Morai problems and eventual (unintentional) rollback. There are some people that are furious because they lost real money and didn't even get the free 10g as compensation.

I think that's a good thing to start from.

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy staying here with us and that you can help us when problems arise. Some already said this, but even a "I don't know/can't say right now/we're looking into it." is MUCH better than complete silence like the one we received during the Morai disaster.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome and good luck
    If you need more time for PWI, nobody will care if you have to delete that Arc project b:shutup
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • ZinneD_ - Sanctuary
    ZinneD_ - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome Mr New CM b:victory

Wish you the best of luck in handling or QQing in the Future b:laugh

b:bye
    In this Perfect World, those that are Made-In-China are the originals whereas ours and other servers are just cheap imitations...b:sad
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm usually not much for words, so if you have any particular questions about myself, feel free to ask. (appropriate of course!)

I look forward to hearing from all of you!
    Welcome and good luck and my question is.
    Are you responsible person and will resume the work what last CM started? Yes i am talking about a new NW time slot for European players b:cute
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If I were the new CM, I'd grab my skirts (and my sanity), and run like hell after reading this thread XD

Welcome to pwi, we ARE a very vocal, very demanding community so brace yourself!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    CM of... ARC? Does ARC even have a community to manage? I can't seem to find a forum for it, and it doesn't have an entry in the All Games dropdown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    b:thanks Welcome, SparkieSoft. (I hope you didn't take a name from your favorite laundry detergent.) You might want to set up a system to track all the stuff that will be thrown at you by the "monkeys" here :) Good luck and we'll all see how you hold up over the long haul.

Actions speak louder than words...

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So I came to this thread late, but let me just echo what many have said: Communication is key.

The last full-time CM left on a high note, but certain folks before him had a huge problem with sincerity and actually going to bat for us. This is a very cynical community, because we've watched our game be repeatedly beset with terrible things (most notably, rampant power creep). We know that the updates come almost entirely from Beijing/wanmei, and we know that you, as CM, can only be our liason to them.

All we ask is that you're up front and honest with us when there's a problem, and that you follow through with your solutions. Basically, when faced with a sudden crisis due to some terrible new patch, don't BS. Just tell us "hey, I honestly don't know why this happened, but I can totally understand how it sucks for you guys... let me contact the guys on the other side of the pond and see if I can get an answer for you." And then you have to follow through with it, because we ARE watching... often, quite impatiently.

There are a lot of things that need to change, and a lot of bad updates that you'll find yourself playing damage control on, and a lot of new initiatives that need to be taken. But don't worry about that all at once. The truth is, we aren't a bad community if you work with us. We've just been let down time and time again by former PWE staff... in some cases even being outright lied to. But as I said, the guy before you was really proactive at fixing problems, and you could tell that he cared. Honesty, diligence and sincerity. That's all you need to make sure you're doing.

So go and get a coffee and take a few minutes to absorb it all. Sorry if we're all overwhelming you on your first week. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome SparkieSoft, please do your best and don't mind the strange eyes and shining fangs of some that shine in the darkness. They're only here to run (very) wild once a big oopsie is made. I'm sure nothing of the sort will happen, right?

*cough cough* anyway, we sure have seen it all, good and bad alike. The minds of quite a few people are a bit warped because of it.
    You may find allies along the way too...

Good luck and see you around! b:pleased b:bye
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rules of PWI

Never ever ever say "soon" as a reply.

Try to reply to major questions even if it is just to say that you are looking into it... (and please follow up every day if nothing more than to say still looking-waiting for reply from boss-hamster died waiting on new wheel pusher...)

There have been times that large portions of the player base have glitched items, levels, power aka orbs. Most of the time nothing major happens to those who cheat. We don't like that.
    Communication is key.

The last full-time CM left on a high note, but certain folks before him had a huge problem with sincerity and actually going to bat for us. This is a very cynical community, because we've watched our game be repeatedly beset with terrible things (most notably, rampant power creep). We know that the updates come almost entirely from Beijing/wanmei, and we know that you, as CM, can only be our liason to them.

All we ask is that you're up front and honest with us when there's a problem, and that you follow through with your solutions. Basically, when faced with a sudden crisis due to some terrible new patch, don't BS. Just tell us "hey, I honestly don't know why this happened, but I can totally understand how it sucks for you guys... let me contact the guys on the other side of the pond and see if I can get an answer for you." And then you have to follow through with it, because we ARE watching... often, quite impatiently.

^ This. Cannot be stressed enough..

And welcome :)
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome Sparkie!

I wish you lots of patience and courage to deal with crazy PWI players b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • HouJehnsi - Heavens Tear
    HouJehnsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    welcome :Db:victory
  • Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wonder how long is he/she going to last.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wonder how long is he/she going to last.

Prolly less than a year.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sparky, as first order of business..... do us all a favor and reactivate title giving thread b:thanks

If you don't ima poke you with a spork until you do. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sparky, as first order of business..... do us all a favor and reactivate title giving thread b:thanks

This x1000

Pretty pls b:thanks
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2014

+1000 too, spamming posts to get the minimum 50 for, if reactivated, get a Title myself xD :P
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome!

Another thing I need to mention is that a lot of people are going to have expectations of you. Our previous CM (not synchroze or DoD, taling about the previous permanent one) did quite a lot of work and was dedicated to the PWI community. We hope you can the same or at the very least maintain a better communication with the playerbase even when all you can say is "sorry I have no news to give".

I second that. After having such a good CM, people will be putting their hope in you (myself included). But a majority of the time, when a major issue arises here on the forums and you don't have any new information on it, we are happy just to see a response of any kind. Just to have it confirmed that yes, you are watching and the problem has not been forgotten.

Quality Corner is a good example of this. There are things that have been broken for several months now (Auction House, faction slogans, Lycaeum, etc.) that we continually ask about but never even get a "we're working on it" response. It can get very frustrating as eventually you just start to believe that nobody cares about these problems, which affect us quite a bit in gameplay.

Good communication and an effort to get things fixed is the key to winning us over. As someone previously stated, you have big shoes to fill, and I wish you all the best in your endeavor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome again to the forums/o/
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited January 2014

You sir...are a hero. I would LOVE to have my title be "The Conductor" xD

For obvious reasons......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome to the forums, the game and to the community Sparkie. Hope you enjoy your time here
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited January 2014
    Again, thank you all for the warm welcomes. Let me see if I can hit on some questions asked:

1. I do plan on re-activating the title thread. I realize a lot of you are passionate about it, so I'm going to do my best to keep it up-to-date. That said, I have to learn how to give out titles, so I'll be looking into that today.

2. Yes, I will also be on Arc, but mainly for content creation...for now at least. If you have any questions or have issues with it that I can help with, by all means let me know.

3. Every morning I come in, I'll be checking for any new bugs I can find. I've been compiling a list, and yes I even have the ascension issue, as well as the summoning-pet-while-flying issue written down. That said, I can't promise any fixes because that's usually done on the developer side. What I can say though, is I will listen, and I will do my best to make these issues known, even if it means bringing them up every time I can. I will also do my best to keep you all in the loop, even if it means I don't have any updates regarding those issues.

I think I hit most of the common questions, but if I missed any, feel free to let me know.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Again, thank you all for the warm welcomes. Let me see if I can hit on some questions asked:

1. I do plan on re-activating the title thread. I realize a lot of you are passionate about it, so I'm going to do my best to keep it up-to-date. That said, I have to learn how to give out titles, so I'll be looking into that today.

*looks at backlog from that thread*

Wellp... since mods can't do anything involving titles, let me go ahead and record your will. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)