Intro - NEW Community Manager - SparkieSoft

Comments

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi there Sparkies! Hope you have a good time and will stay here CMing us!
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Welcome! :D

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    First off welcome to the cm job for pwi.

Secondly does someone think we can do something about all the stickies? I almost didn't catch this post with all the stickies in general discussion. Cluttered forums are cluttered.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong though, I can definitely see why each needs to be stickied, but yea... it is definitely cluttered imo. :$
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited January 2014
    First off welcome to the cm job for pwi.

Secondly does someone think we can do something about all the stickies? I almost didn't catch this post with all the stickies in general discussion. Cluttered forums are cluttered.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong though, I can definitely see why each needs to be stickied, but yea... it is definitely cluttered imo. :$

I'm not sure what I can do at the moment, but I'll look into it. :)
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome aboard! Its great to have a CM for PWI. I am sure you will do fine, just hope you can listen with an open mind to the players when we get disgruntled on occasion, and hope you have a flame retardant suit. It can get hot here lol.

Question, last I was in game I saw a lot of new factions (which is good) that didn't have faction icons. Any idea when PWI will update them? I can't imagine they all haven't turned in icons, that would be odd.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sure what I can do at the moment, but I'll look into it. :)

:$ Thanks for taking a look into it.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ohaider, welcome to PWI.

Just a quick question that I'm sure the morai players are wanting answered. When will the people from morai who had to deal with their server being out and the rollback get their compensation?

One of the EU staff has since left, and now we're getting a new CM. I hope this issue isn't forgotten so the players of Morai server get their compensation so they can be happy with the PWE franchise again.

I would hate it if Dreamweaver had an issue and took as long as this for the GM's to try and rectify the issue with the players.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am more then glad to see that someone is in charge for us again finally :D

Now all I could possibly wish for is for you to announce important stuffs like Maints and stuff just like we were used to...and maybe a short notice if theweekly maint will be postponed to a different day.

Nah skip my gibberish xD that all doesn't matter, I'm sure you'll be doing a great job. Good to have you here (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    Ohaider, welcome to PWI.

Just a quick question that I'm sure the morai players are wanting answered. When will the people from morai who had to deal with their server being out and the rollback get their compensation?

One of the EU staff has since left, and now we're getting a new CM. I hope this issue isn't forgotten so the players of Morai server get their compensation so they can be happy with the PWE franchise again.

I would hate it if Dreamweaver had an issue and took as long as this for the GM's to try and rectify the issue with the players.

Already answered in the morai thread. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1662261

• Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014

What was their compensation then so everyone on all other servers can QQ like last time?

XD
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    What was their compensation then so everyone on all other servers can QQ like last time?

XD

No clue, I know one of the emails included a dreamchaser pack though....and that there was 10 gold equivalent of zen added to some of the accounts wallets....

• Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    No clue, I know one of the emails included a dreamchaser pack though....and that there was 10 gold equivalent of zen added to some of the accounts wallets....

A dreamchaser pack seems like an insult compared to the days of gameplay people lost. I hope they were compensated with more.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    A dreamchaser pack seems like an insult compared to the days of gameplay people lost. I hope they were compensated with more.

Well it was that plus these
    So full compensation it is
    5x EXP from 09.01.2014 to 16.01.2014
    2x EXP from 09.01.2014 to 23.01.2014
    1000 ZEN and Dreamchaser package
    All ZEN transaction will be refunded

After what happened with Archo though, I'm not surprised.

• condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dedicated to PWI and ARC together.... 90% of the people here do NOT want arc.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    condo2009 wrote: »
    dedicated to PWI and ARC together.... 90% of the people here do NOT want arc.

So he will be dedicated at 90% to PWI and 10% to ARC. XD

Welcome sparkiesoft.

As my first question I'd would like to know if we could get a ''meet the GMs'' event in game?

I like to see GMs in game. =3
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome person. You have big shoes to fill, huge, ginormous, like- clown shoe sized. f:horror

f:strive Be prepared for the madness that is PWI players.
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello!

You may have read the maintenance thread, but I'd like to formally introduce myself here. My CM name is sparkiesoft and I've been working in the gaming industry for about 3 years now. As DoD mentioned, I'll be on PWI as well as Arc, so if you ever have any questions or concerns, let me know and I'll try to answer them to the best of my abilities.

I'm usually not much for words, so if you have any particular questions about myself, feel free to ask. (appropriate of course!)

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Welcome and congratulations on your new role as Community Manager b:victory
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    welcome SparkieSoft b:dirty
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome sparkiesoft and glad to finally have a CM. Looking forward to hearing more from you and maybe we can finally have someone express the concerns of players to the right people. As I'm sure you are aware there are many, many issues us players have concerns over so i hope you are ready for a lot of hard work xD. But again glad to have you on board! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    welcome SS I hope your a person who can handle **** being thrown in their face constantly because you just took a job that only goes one way
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • rodger9806
    rodger9806 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome SparkieSoft b:flower b:victory I hope everything will be fine b:pleased Please tell me when the rest of the players(server Morai) will get at least 1000 Zen b:surrender passed quite some time...b:sweat
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome to the asylum. Good luck! You will need it b:laugh

As for a question, which class was your first?
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    welcome welcome!

Here's something.

Can you please get who ever it is to activate the ~cube arena(battle arena) ~Arch arena ~all the arenas that are currently turned off for the past 5 years .__.

Many would appreciate it. thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So he will be dedicated at 90% to PWI and 10% to ARC. XD

Welcome sparkiesoft.

As my first question I'd would like to know if we could get a ''meet the GMs'' event in game?

I like to see GMs in game. =3

this should be done on Harshlands we have a old thread somewhere about weather or not a gm could make it out of arch.

5 coins says Longknife could one shot a gm.
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    WELCOME SPARKLES! b:chuckles

Just a few hints to help you navigate the PWI Bus

Offend the foxies cookies and pets & they'll bite your ankles (they can't reach any higher)
    Offend the kitties and they'll pretty much take you out at the kneecaps
    Offend the Clerics and they coral all the classes which usually ends up with perma death
    Offend the pew-pewers and they use you for target practice (it's nice to see they practice)
    Offe .... look at any of the fishy classes and they will ... lets just say don't make eye contact and just back away SLOWLY in a hastened fashion

anywho welcome and btw the windows on this bus taste like raspberry b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome sparkiesoft to PWI. You seems to be quite soft-hearted person. Get a avatar buddy prolly a mystic/seeker, never saw a GM with a E.G avatar.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome, oh sparkly one! I am surprised none of out illustrious poster flooded this thread with shinny, shinny ponies.

On a serious note, there are lots to betaken care of, and the community is very vocal, so brace yourself, it's going to be a really bumpy ride. Also, do not keep us in the dark, a simple 'I don't know/ nothing can be said/ I'm not at liberty to say' goes a long, long way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome sparkling CM! You should know we're a crazy bunch of people and we're hard to control at times but don't worry we don't bite (too much).

Another thing I need to mention is that a lot of people are going to have expectations of you. Our previous CM (not synchroze or DoD, taling about the previous permanent one) did quite a lot of work and was dedicated to the PWI community. We hope you can the same or at the very least maintain a better communication with the playerbase even when all you can say is "sorry I have no news to give".
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sure wether to send you a welcome or a condolence for having to manage this community...

Either way, good luck. You'll need it b:chuckle