magic defense for blademaster

Shidoshi - Lost City
Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestion Box
It would really be nice and help the blademaster class if they had a buff like aura of golden bell that increased magic defences just how golden bell increase pyshical defence. just face it magic marrow doesn't work all the time in a pinch and I would like to have a magic defense skill that last 30 minutes then 15 sec.
pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
Post edited by Shidoshi - Lost City on

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well.....
    the new passive defence skill from rebirth gives magic defence along with physical defence.... and it's not purgeable.... they've been compared to 'a non-purgeable cleric buff' and all classes can have them.

I was going to say something like, 'sure, but only if everyone else if given magic attack booststo make up for it' or something clearily trolly but then I realized that's kind of the same thing as the passive skills. OTL
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    yea trolling isn't good. BUT the passive skills also go for everyone. but as a blademaster I half to case all my targets a lot with the pure spell skills on mage weapons and left at a disadvantage to mage class's. I'm not qqing or anything this is just something I notice playing as a blademaster. are run skills don't mean anything to a fast casting mage class.
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For undergeared bms I undoubtedly agree with you, but still, I can almost guarentee you someone will say 'this will make bms who are in endgame nigh unkillable' they are too focused on it, and really I can't blame them, they (as in pwi/the devs) really do need to be careful of what they do to ANY class when 'boosting' them.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah cuz having the highest mdef in game isn't good enough, right?
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    as long as you don't run into door adroit b:chuckle
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you want higher MDef as a BM, use light armor. Alter Marrow Magical is an instant skill with a low cooldown, so why do you claim it's no good? You can spam it as needed.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you want higher MDef as a BM, use light armor. Alter Marrow Magical is an instant skill with a low cooldown, so why do you claim it's no good? You can spam it as needed.

Actually i like OP's idea, have our marrows last longer, but make them cost 1~2 sparks to use. They won't be used in PvP much, but for PvE it really helps not having to spam marrows left and right.

Let's say you are clearing an instance, most are magic mobs. You use the 30 minute marrow+bell. You get high mdef, you find a physical mob, you put on the 30 second phy marrow, and you move on, after 30 seconds you go back to high mdef (assuming it did not wear off :P).
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014

Marrows are a double edged sword when your not end game IJS... 10k phys def does NOT cut it when your dealing with both physical 'dds' (most of which who have at least 1 +10 weapon, likely with **** gear) as well as magical dds who already hit freakishly hard, and magical marrow will only reduce the damage a little from one magic dd... not to mention in mass pvp, the chance of their being more than 1 person of a physical/range class on you at a time is significantly increased.

Marrows are damn good though from what I can see/deduce if you are actually end game, still the scenario I listed above about being outnumbered will always be a factor as some point while in mass pvp/specifically nw.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually i like OP's idea, have our marrows last longer, but make them cost 1~2 sparks to use. They won't be used in PvP much, but for PvE it really helps not having to spam marrows left and right.

Let's say you are clearing an instance, most are magic mobs. You use the 30 minute marrow+bell. You get high mdef, you find a physical mob, you put on the 30 second phy marrow, and you move on, after 30 seconds you go back to high mdef (assuming it did not wear off :P).

Might be just me, but I actually -like- spamming marrows. Their mana cost is almost nonexistant but they generate a fair amount of chi. Kinda like an extra Li's Technique.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Marrows are a double edged sword when your not end game IJS... 10k phys def does NOT cut it when your dealing with both physical 'dds' (most of which who have at least 1 +10 weapon, likely with **** gear) as well as magical dds who already hit freakishly hard, and magical marrow will only reduce the damage a little from one magic dd... not to mention in mass pvp, the chance of their being more than 1 person of a physical/range class on you at a time is significantly increased.

Marrows are damn good though from what I can see/deduce if you are actually end game, still the scenario I listed above about being outnumbered will always be a factor as some point while in mass pvp/specifically nw.

When you talk about skills, you must regard the endgame situation, always. It would imbalance the game if an endgame BM would get a buff op enough to make average geared people able to tank multiple DDs with +10 weapons at the same time. That'd mean an endgame BM would be able to tank pretty much the whole server.
    Might be just me, but I actually -like- spamming marrows. Their mana cost is almost nonexistant but they generate a fair amount of chi. Kinda like an extra Li's Technique.

Not just you.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    When you talk about skills, you must regard the endgame situation, always. It would imbalance the game if an endgame BM would get a buff op enough to make average geared people able to tank multiple DDs with +10 weapons at the same time. That'd mean an endgame BM would be able to tank pretty much the whole server.

Not just you.
    For undergeared bms I undoubtedly agree with you, but still, I can almost guarentee you someone will say 'this will make bms who are in endgame nigh unkillable' they are too focused on it, and really I can't blame them, they (as in pwi/the devs) really do need to be careful of what they do to ANY class when 'boosting' them.

I do indeed agree with that point about not making end game ppl too hard to take down.

• Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes i definetly need more mdef 40k isnt enugh b:laugh jesus christ ppl shud gear up first then talk...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Vene, I have to disagree with you, this post deserves trolling.
    BM's already have the ability to have highest defenses in game with marrows and bell, and have always had a small weakness of only being able to have one defense super high at a time, with an innate lower mag defense. LETS CHANGE THAT TO MAKE IT SO THEIR GIVEN WEAKNESS IS REMOVED. An identical mdef buff to bell, that can be used at the same time or interchangeably, either would work, allowing bm to go from super phys tank with ability to mag marrow to reduce massive pdef to give massive mdef but stil high pdef, to massive mdef with the ability to reduce for massive pdef but still high mdef. Make smart bms even harder to kill 1 v1 with their situational defenses and plethora of stuns and disables.

This post makes almost as much sense as the barb r999 weapon proc that restores 90% hp instantly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes i definetly need more mdef 40k isnt enugh b:laugh jesus christ ppl shud gear up first then talk...

Or slide the card more.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not even endgame and I don't think we need more defense...We're fine.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.